Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76802 Dec 5, 2012
RACE wrote:
Your missing my point.
If a judge can order a man not to reproduce, then women should not be allowed to either. Any women he impregnates should be forced to terminate the pregnancy because the man will not be able to pay child support, so conception should never have occurred.
<quoted text>
ITA.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76803 Dec 5, 2012
RACE wrote:
Your missing my point.
If a judge can order a man not to reproduce, then women should not be allowed to either. Any women he impregnates should be forced to terminate the pregnancy because the man will not be able to pay child support, so conception should never have occurred.
<quoted text>
I think all of us agreed that you really can't do that to a man either, but that the message to the man was a good one. Don't have any kids you cannot afford.

Plus, who says this man is honest to all the women (or vice versa)? Child support is suppose to be about half of the expense of the child, something a lot of men don't consider when they don't pay their child support. They feel like they're paying the baby mommy.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76804 Dec 5, 2012
Hey, I am just too damn lazy, or as sam would say, my drinking is more important than cognizant thinking.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76805 Dec 5, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
Amy and Abby are posted, you lazy scumbags.
Thanks, Sam. Edog has been falling down on the job.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76806 Dec 5, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
Amy and Abby are posted, you lazy scumbags.
Next time don't make me wait so long, beyatch!

:P

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#76807 Dec 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Sam. Edog has been falling down on the job.
That's because it's been outsourced for cheaper labor!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76808 Dec 5, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
Amy and Abby are posted, you lazy scumbags.
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.

My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76809 Dec 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Sam. Edog has been falling down on the job.
So many things to say....
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76810 Dec 5, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.
My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
Make Topix your campaign! Grassssssroots! Grasssssroots!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76811 Dec 5, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.
My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
There's a lot of exciting things involved in that. You have the kids as well. A lot to think about.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76812 Dec 5, 2012
great idea, but that would expose her true identity.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Make Topix your campaign! Grassssssroots! Grasssssroots!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76813 Dec 5, 2012
Race, I had to get into an argument with an anti-gun friend here at work. She was using the Chiefs player shooting as a "we need more gun control in this country" rant. Sigh. we have LOTS of gun control. I firmly believe the "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" saying.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76814 Dec 5, 2012
RACE wrote:
great idea, but that would expose her true identity.
<quoted text>
At least she's never said anything embarrassing or evil to my knowledge.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76815 Dec 5, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.
My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
I think it's a wonderful idea, even though you're a Republican. ;)

Honestly, I think you'd be great in public office. But I do think it'd be tough with young kids, so you could wait until the youngest is in school full time, which won't be long now!

I'd contribute to your campaign fund!:D

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#76816 Dec 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think there is only one women he impregnated?
Women...plural

Just sayin'

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76817 Dec 5, 2012
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Women...plural
Just sayin'
You're correct, but eh (as in "mimi shrug"). If Topix was my life's focus I'd proofread more frequently.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76818 Dec 5, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was at a meeting this morning. Chairman is trying to talk me into filling in for a vacancy in our ward council seat if the councilman resigns. Problem is that the seat is up for re-election next year, which means that I would have to run in the primary in June and someone from our party has already announced his intention to run. Do I want to get involved in this? I don't have a lot of money to finance my own campaign, so I would have to do a lot of fundraising.
My husband has said that he would support whatever I want to do (which is more than he said when this was brought up 2 years ago). Still, I'm not sure yet.
Go for it. The rest will sort itself out.

(I sent you a p m)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76819 Dec 5, 2012
Yeah, more gun control would have prevented this suicide.

How is it even possible to create legislation that will allow citizens to own weapons, but guarantee that they wont shoot themselves with it?

I think we need forced mood controlling drugs administrated into our water so that nobody will kill themselves, or want to shoot anyone, or want to steal. Then we wont need gun control at all!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Race, I had to get into an argument with an anti-gun friend here at work. She was using the Chiefs player shooting as a "we need more gun control in this country" rant. Sigh. we have LOTS of gun control. I firmly believe the "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" saying.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76820 Dec 5, 2012
RACE wrote:
Yeah, more gun control would have prevented this suicide.
How is it even possible to create legislation that will allow citizens to own weapons, but guarantee that they wont shoot themselves with it?
I think we need forced mood controlling drugs administrated into our water so that nobody will kill themselves, or want to shoot anyone, or want to steal. Then we wont need gun control at all!
<quoted text>
Fluoride!
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76821 Dec 5, 2012
This from the Trib:

Starbucks is now offering a gift card for $450 --$400 to fill the card with store credit and $50 toward the sleek, stainless steel card itself.

Anyone who does that is officially a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Smart Alex 1,152,949
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,688
sexting on whatsapp 20 min cute_bwoy 1
Deat Abby 12-16 42 min PEllen 45
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,874
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 1 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr kal 49,174
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:31 am PST

NBC Sports11:31AM
Chris Conte: NFL career worth shortened life
NFL11:41 AM
Trestman: There's accountability in Bears' building
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Bears' Trestman aware of speculation about future - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 1:20 PM
Chicago sportscaster apologizes for tasteless joke in Cutler pun
NFL 1:47 PM
One Preview: Passing and rushing yardage leaders meet in Big D