|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm leaving him cash. This is just the worry-flavored icing on the cake of stress, but you're right: I need to chill. Everything will get done!
:)
I'm always right but I thought you didn't have cash? Or did you just mean you don't have cash ON you but could make a run to the ATM? I rarely have cash on me too but when I say I'm tapped, I mean my bank account is also dry.

Hell, if you were wigging out about a problem that can be solved by running to the ATM, you REALLY need to chill!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins
The only thing I fault them for is making a big deal about it. If that had happened to one of my kids it wouldn't have been a big deal. I really don't see it as much of a parental laps, however, when it comes to the actual incident.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I fault them for is making a big deal about it. If that had happened to one of my kids it wouldn't have been a big deal. I really don't see it as much of a parental laps, however, when it comes to the actual incident.
ITA.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
JMW, can you send some money by "text" to him? Some of the big banks up here let you do that; all you need is the other person's email or cell#, and the bank lets them know. i dont think you even have to be part of the same bank... that way you can keep the cash for other stuff over the next couple days...
I use that to pay my rent. It's awesome.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of that either. There's something called a "square" I think that you can attach to your cell phone and accept debit/credit cards with it. Is that what you're talking about?
I can go to my bank's website and they have a special section for bill pay, etc. The thing with the email is called "quick pay". I also think you can do it with an app over your cell phone. I set it up with the email address of the individual I want to send money, say the amount, the account to take it from and hit "send". The receiver then gets an email saying who sent them money and do they accept.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

jmw, I haven't paid December rent yet. FOrgot about it until yesterday, and now I have no idea where my checkbook is. LL will be at my place today and tonight. I'll have to let him know that it'll be a day or twountil I find my check book. I'm sure he's okay, considering how inconvenient it's been not being able to have full access to the place (kitchen should be finished today, I hope, and also he will need to get all his tools out of the walk-in closet in the DR).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I can remember having heels a lot when I was little. They were only 1/2" to and 1", of course.
That's what these are.

But if her feet were one size bigger, I could have gotten her some platform wedges with zipper detailing. Waaay too old for a 7 year old, imo.

These are very appropriate for her age and occasion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009S4HESK/r...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what these are.
But if her feet were one size bigger, I could have gotten her some platform wedges with zipper detailing. Waaay too old for a 7 year old, imo.
These are very appropriate for her age and occasion.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009S4HESK/r...
Cute! I'm sure she'll look adorable.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm leaving him cash. This is just the worry-flavored icing on the cake of stress, but you're right: I need to chill. Everything will get done!
Mmmm, that sounds yummy!
:D

Moving sucks.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
jmw, I haven't paid December rent yet. FOrgot about it until yesterday, and now I have no idea where my checkbook is. LL will be at my place today and tonight. I'll have to let him know that it'll be a day or twountil I find my check book. I'm sure he's okay, considering how inconvenient it's been not being able to have full access to the place (kitchen should be finished today, I hope, and also he will need to get all his tools out of the walk-in closet in the DR).
Why don't you just stop in at a branch of your bank and get a counter check or six to hold you over until you find it?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Reason number 389 why dogs are better than cats:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/dog-...

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always right but I thought you didn't have cash? Or did you just mean you don't have cash ON you but could make a run to the ATM? I rarely have cash on me too but when I say I'm tapped, I mean my bank account is also dry.
Hell, if you were wigging out about a problem that can be solved by running to the ATM, you REALLY need to chill!
Yeah, I didn't have cash ON me and I was extra annoyed because I had just gotten home from making a trip with stuff to the new place. I was kicking myself for not hitting the ATM while I was out and had to go back out. But it's just down the street, wasn't a big deal. I was just frustrated.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you just stop in at a branch of your bank and get a counter check or six to hold you over until you find it?
Yeah, this is what I was going to suggest. And what I would have done yesterday if it had occurred to me during business hours.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I was gonna say... if you can't fully use your place, don't feel pressure to pay him! Maybe try to knock some off of this month's rent for that reason anyway.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
My dog can play tug-of-war for hours if I let him. I'm sure that was what the dog was doing.

Any cat would give that look that says: "Um, no. You do it."

I've got a dog myself. I have to wonder if a cat isn't smarter. Cats seem to get people to do things FOR them.:)

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog can play tug-of-war for hours if I let him. I'm sure that was what the dog was doing.
Any cat would give that look that says: "Um, no. You do it."
I've got a dog myself. I have to wonder if a cat isn't smarter. Cats seem to get people to do things FOR them.:)
I like cats too, actually. I'm sure the dog was playing tug of war too. My dogs love doing that.

Oh, my dogs will get us to do stuff for them. We keep their water bowl outside and let's just say, they never fail to let me know when they are out of water, lol. They get fed first thing in the morning and if you don't get up to feed them at 6:30, they will let you know they are hungry. IN the summer time, a lot of times we hang out outside listening to music at night and the dogs are often times out. Now, anytime my Teddy hears me playing music in the house, especially in the evening, he starts barking immediately 'cause he associates music with hanging out with me, and he wants to come out by me. When he doesn't want to go into the dog room, he jumps up on the same couch cushion every time rolls over and gently paws at you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moon: I may have to!

Everybody: I was going through my receipts to attach them to things I bought for the charity thing at work this Christmas (instead of adopt-a-family, we have six individuals to buy for). Turns out, the woman at Kohl's didn't ring up the watch I bought for one person, or the silver hoop earrings I bought Friday night and wore all weekend.

I bought four things -- a blanket, a set of sheets, the watch, and a pair of earrings, and the clerk missed half.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like cats too, actually. I'm sure the dog was playing tug of war too. My dogs love doing that.
Oh, my dogs will get us to do stuff for them. We keep their water bowl outside and let's just say, they never fail to let me know when they are out of water, lol. They get fed first thing in the morning and if you don't get up to feed them at 6:30, they will let you know they are hungry. IN the summer time, a lot of times we hang out outside listening to music at night and the dogs are often times out. Now, anytime my Teddy hears me playing music in the house, especially in the evening, he starts barking immediately 'cause he associates music with hanging out with me, and he wants to come out by me. When he doesn't want to go into the dog room, he jumps up on the same couch cushion every time rolls over and gently paws at you.
There's a particular song (some rap song) that my kid plays that the dog starts dancing with him immediately when he hears it. I should film it and put it on youtube. It's hilarious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
THe dog whisperer was on TV yesterday and said that dogs love to have a job to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min shinningelectr0n 1,080,047
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min LRS 174,635
How to install windows 8 21 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 21 min Shari23 5
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 24 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Abby July 25, 2014 27 min Shari23 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min Shananananana4pali 67,947
Amy 7-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 17 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE