“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76762 Dec 4, 2012
What Toj said abuot teh bank service... i've seen commercials for Chase, and i think Bank of America has it too... any "major" bank i think can do it.

my mom has to raise cain wiht the bank my grandmother uses. she just found out that the bank hasn't been paying the utility bills she's entered into their online system. this is a smaller community bank (used to be named for a local landmark that PE & Squishy would nkow well), and shes been complaining about the interface the whole time. that may become a moot point, thoguh, if thsi doesn't get cleared up. there's enough in that bank to make them stand up and take notice, we think, should someone make a stink about the service and long term relationship and threaten to move the assets.

the more i realize it, the more spoiled i think we (as in hubby & me) are for using a large bank and an on-line only bank. yes, there are some fees to it, but we nkwo how to play the games and not get strangled by them

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76763 Dec 4, 2012
Hmmm man ordered to stop making babies, after fathering 9 kids by six stupid women.

http://www.startribune.com/local/182020991.ht...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76764 Dec 4, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hmmm man ordered to stop making babies, after fathering 9 kids by six stupid women.
http://www.startribune.com/local/182020991.ht...
Nice! Pretty sure they can't legally back that up, but it's a start.

Location hidden

#76765 Dec 4, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
AGreed.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76766 Dec 4, 2012
Speaking of cats, nobody watch this week's Hoarders.:-/

I'm busy giving Angus peanut butter filled bones so he won't bark at the TV.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76767 Dec 4, 2012
Ha! The non-cat lady is hitting on the shrink. He's mountain-goating around her house and she's all "Heeeeyyyy, are you single?".

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76768 Dec 4, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, too. I think more judged should try it.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76769 Dec 4, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
. this is a smaller community bank (used to be named for a local landmark that PE & Squishy would nkow well
This leaves open soooo many possibilities.

When I signed up for my checkin account it was named for Marina City
Marina City
NBD
First National Bank
First Chicago
Chase
(I may have missed one somewhere)

36 years, banks , same account number

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76770 Dec 4, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Ha! The non-cat lady is hitting on the shrink. He's mountain-goating around her house and she's all "Heeeeyyyy, are you single?".
Guys probably thinking hell to the no, crazy cat lady.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76771 Dec 4, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, too. I think more judged should try it.
Nope. Won't fly. The courts can't do anything that interferes with your right to procreate. Too many ways for that to go wrong.

Sterilzing the unfit was still around in the 60's I think.
Eugenics was big in Hitler's Germany.

I will tolerate serial inseminators to avoid going back to the Eugenics thing

Schaumburg, IL

#76772 Dec 4, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Won't fly. The courts can't do anything that interferes with your right to procreate. Too many ways for that to go wrong.
Ah, but this is a bit different... teh article says that was addressed, and they're not denying him the constittional right to procreate period, just until he has a J-O-B to cover it all... teh article cites a 2001 WI supreme court case on somethign similar:

In July 2001, Wisconsin Supreme Court justices upheld a Court of Appeals ruling that affirmed the probation condition stemming from a Manitowoc County case. In that case, a man had been charged with seven counts of intentional failure to support his nine children, according to the Supreme Court ruling in State vs. Oakley.

The justices ruled in that case that defendant David Oakley’s constitutional right to procreate wasn’t eliminated. He still could reproduce — if he made child support payments, according to the ruling.

but, given his biological role in procreation, i'm thinking it could still happen and nobody could knwo that (a) he did it and (b) it's his... those are teh bigger loopholes in this.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76773 Dec 4, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go bringing logic and humanity in to the argument.

Schaumburg, IL

#76774 Dec 4, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Marina City
NBD
First National Bank
First Chicago
Chase
my bank history is similar...

and i bet you know what bank this is, it's named for a north shore landmark, not a norht shore community...*i'm* getting sick of hearing about it, to the point that i may offer to take care of hte bills and put in for reimbursement! at least, we don't think that this will be a long-term issue... cross your fingers for me tonight.. i go for my weekly visit with gramma!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76775 Dec 4, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Marina City
NBD
First National Bank
First Chicago
Chase
We had Wells Fargo out in CO and also our mortgage with them. We also have a CC with them. I can check all my balances on website, which we liked, besides being happy with them.

When we moved to NC there were no Wells Fargo branches in state; however, they bought Wachovia right around that time, which was based in Charlotte, which subsequently all became Wells Fargo. So we were able to keep banking through them the whole time.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76776 Dec 4, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
my bank history is similar...
and i bet you know what bank this is, it's named for a north shore landmark, not a norht shore community...*i'm* getting sick of hearing about it, to the point that i may offer to take care of hte bills and put in for reimbursement! at least, we don't think that this will be a long-term issue... cross your fingers for me tonight.. i go for my weekly visit with gramma!
Banks are very ouchy about having screwed up he bill pay things. The bargaining chip is an agreement whether or not to publicize their screw up. They should fix it, pay any late charges a promise never to let it happen again.

Bahai Temple Bank?
Skokie Lagoon Bank?
Ferris Bueller's Savings and Loan?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76777 Dec 4, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but this is a bit different... teh article says that was addressed, and they're not denying him the constittional right to procreate period, just until he has a J-O-B to cover it all... teh article cites a 2001 WI supreme court case on somethign similar:
In July 2001, Wisconsin Supreme Court justices upheld a Court of Appeals ruling that affirmed the probation condition stemming from a Manitowoc County case. In that case, a man had been charged with seven counts of intentional failure to support his nine children, according to the Supreme Court ruling in State vs. Oakley.
The justices ruled in that case that defendant David Oakley’s constitutional right to procreate wasn’t eliminated. He still could reproduce — if he made child support payments, according to the ruling.
but, given his biological role in procreation, i'm thinking it could still happen and nobody could knwo that (a) he did it and (b) it's his... those are teh bigger loopholes in this.
Chicago eople will recognize the phrase : Pay to Play?

Location hidden

#76778 Dec 4, 2012
Does anyone think the Chiefs should have cancelled their game on Sunday?(I don't care either way, just am curious.)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#76779 Dec 4, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Bahai Temple Bank?
This was my first thought too.

“I've been lurkin lo & hi”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#76780 Dec 4, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does anyone think the Chiefs should have cancelled their game on Sunday?(I don't care either way, just am curious.)
Would RedHeadwGlasses LLC close up shop & turn away thousands of paying customers if Joe from Accounting killed himself before a big client event....and then still be on the hook to pay all the overhead related to the cancelled event and probably be obligated to issue refunds to people who could not come to the rescheduled event?

Location hidden

#76781 Dec 4, 2012
The_Lurker wrote:
<quoted text>
Would RedHeadwGlasses LLC close up shop & turn away thousands of paying customers if Joe from Accounting killed himself before a big client event....and then still be on the hook to pay all the overhead related to the cancelled event and probably be obligated to issue refunds to people who could not come to the rescheduled event?
Hey, I was just asking. I'm amazed the coach went ahead and participated on Sunday. I think many would be too freaked out after watching a guy put a bullet in his own head in front of others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,187
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr new yawk 1,153,943
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 3 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 4 hr joey 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 hr Roxie Darling 361
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST