|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she went a picked a very sophisticated dress to wear for christmas. It's black velvety on top and layers of chiffony type white fabric for the skirt; and it's longer in back than in front. Of course it's short sleeved, why they do that for winter I'll never understand, so MIL found a little faux fur cape in black to cover her shoulders.
It's just way too fancy to just wear little flats or mary janes.
I can remember having heels a lot when I was little. They were only 1/2" to and 1", of course.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

I saw that on the news yesterday and thought it was actually funny. So she suffered some "puncture wounds," boo friggen hoo. I'm not about to shut the park down and euthanize the dolphins and throw the parents in prison.

Lighten up, jerks.
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds. The kid screwed up, it happens. Next time, she'll probably pay closer attention to the rules.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds.
I thought we were razzing the parents for incompetency, horrible parenting decisions, and NOT being helicopters?

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

I saw that on the news yesterday and thought it was actually funny. So she suffered some "puncture wounds," boo friggen hoo. I'm not about to shut the park down and euthanize the dolphins and throw the parents in prison.

Lighten up, jerks.
If you don't supervise your kids, you can't act surprised and blame someone else when they break the rules. The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins.

It's not funny at all that a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?). It's not the park's fault, though.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds. The kid screwed up, it happens. Next time, she'll probably pay closer attention to the rules.
But, the kid is eight and too young to be responsible for the two feet between her hand extended with food and the same hand retracted with food. And, as smart as dolphins are purported to be, that food is just food that's two feet further than usual. It's asking a lot of children and dolphins to NOT make mistakes here.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins.
Then I would razz them for THAT, and not for not being on guard for every potential hazard that could ever mathematically happen when they take a trip to Sea World.

You took an issue with the fact they were filming right next to them instead of keeping the camera away and be hovering right behind them.
Jess in NJ wrote:
a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?)
Yeah, that's why I laughed!

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
but if you are going to have an image of Santa on something, then at least acknowledge that he represents Christmas.
Here I though baby Jesus represented Christmas, not Santa. Silly me...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Here I though baby Jesus represented Christmas, not Santa. Silly me...
Does Santa deliver presents for Diwali?

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Oh bloody hell. I have to give my dog walker his final payment tomorrow before I move and I ran out of checks, and of course my box of checks is packed and moved already. AND I don't have enough cash on me to cover it (plus I was going to give him extra because I'm too much of a slacker to remember to pick up a gift card). Waiting for him to text me back if he prefers cash or if I can mail the payment (in which case I'd include a gift card). Dammit dammit dammit, I noticed that I used my last check on rent last week... wish I'd remembered to do something about it!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Then I would razz them for THAT, and not for not being on guard for every potential hazard that could ever mathematically happen when they take a trip to Sea World.

You took an issue with the fact they were filming right next to them instead of keeping the camera away and be hovering right behind them.

Jess in NJ wrote, " a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?)"

Yeah, that's why I laughed!
Yup, I take issue with parents who film their kids instead of supervising them in potentially dangerous situations. Just like I get annoyed with people who continue to film someone getting hurt and make no attempt to help them.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Oh bloody hell. I have to give my dog walker his final payment tomorrow before I move and I ran out of checks, and of course my box of checks is packed and moved already. AND I don't have enough cash on me to cover it (plus I was going to give him extra because I'm too much of a slacker to remember to pick up a gift card). Waiting for him to text me back if he prefers cash or if I can mail the payment (in which case I'd include a gift card). Dammit dammit dammit, I noticed that I used my last check on rent last week... wish I'd remembered to do something about it!
That stinks.

Is everything else taken care of?

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I take issue with parents who film their kids instead of supervising them in potentially dangerous situations.
The parent's WERE supervising them! They were even right next to them filming their every move! How much more supervision do you want!? Is playing on a swing set a "potentially dangerous situation?" They were at kiddie land in Sea World for Godssake!

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want but the parents did NOTHING any other normal parent wouldn't have done! Filming the kids feeding the dolphins in a "Feed the dolphins" area? Oh the humanity, what bassterds they are! Sorry to beat you over the head with this but you are UNFAIRLY laying blame on the parents for what happened.

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That stinks.
Is everything else taken care of?
The big stuff is (movers, Uverse installation, reservation to board the dogs) but I'm starting to freak out about how much stuff I still have that's not packed or moved over. I took two full suitcases of clothes over tonight and unpacked them in the closet so I could bring back the empty suitcases and do the same tomorrow. It seems like the miscellaneous stuff multiplies every time I turn my back. I want to take my jewelry boxes and laptop with me in the car, but I'll also have last-minute bathroom stuff, laundry, etc. Ugh. Doing this by myself sucks, and that's even after my friends helping me over the weekend.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
You're putting way too much thought and worry into this. Just tell him you'll send him a check or money order.

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're putting way too much thought and worry into this. Just tell him you'll send him a check or money order.
I'm leaving him cash. This is just the worry-flavored icing on the cake of stress, but you're right: I need to chill. Everything will get done!
:)

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

JMW, can you send some money by "text" to him? Some of the big banks up here let you do that; all you need is the other person's email or cell#, and the bank lets them know. i dont think you even have to be part of the same bank... that way you can keep the cash for other stuff over the next couple days...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>The parent's WERE supervising them! They were even right next to them filming their every move! How much more supervision do you want!? Is playing on a swing set a "potentially dangerous situation?" They were at kiddie land in Sea World for Godssake!

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want but the parents did NOTHING any other normal parent wouldn't have done! Filming the kids feeding the dolphins in a "Feed the dolphins" area? Oh the humanity, what bassterds they are! Sorry to beat you over the head with this but you are UNFAIRLY laying blame on the parents for what happened.
And I am going to very nicely say that unless you have a child this age, your opinion on child rearing doesn't mean squat. You supervise a young elementary school age child around wild animals differently than you would if they were playing on the swings.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>The big stuff is (movers, Uverse installation, reservation to board the dogs) but I'm starting to freak out about how much stuff I still have that's not packed or moved over. I took two full suitcases of clothes over tonight and unpacked them in the closet so I could bring back the empty suitcases and do the same tomorrow. It seems like the miscellaneous stuff multiplies every time I turn my back. I want to take my jewelry boxes and laptop with me in the car, but I'll also have last-minute bathroom stuff, laundry, etc. Ugh. Doing this by myself sucks, and that's even after my friends helping me over the weekend.
You'll get it done :)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
JMW, can you send some money by "text" to him? Some of the big banks up here let you do that; all you need is the other person's email or cell#, and the bank lets them know. i dont think you even have to be part of the same bank... that way you can keep the cash for other stuff over the next couple days...
Wow! I have never heard of that. How cool!

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am going to very nicely say that unless you have a child this age, your opinion on child rearing doesn't mean squat.
And I'm gonna very nicely call bullsht. That is a cop-out. Just because I don't HAVE children, doesn't mean I'm not allowed any opinion on supervising them. I'll remind you that Dr. Spock didn't have children when he wrote his first book on child-rearing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,721 - 75,740 of97,413
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,071,295
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Hetero 48,672
Abby 7-10 15 min PEllen 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 45,437
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min Frijoles 68,114
Amy 7-10 46 min PEllen 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,526
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info