|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
Interesting:
+ Earth lost 4.57 million square miles of Arctic ice cover from March to September.
+ The area of the United States is 3.79 million square miles.
Hostess, which tripled its CEO's pay and nearly doubled the pay of other executives before announcing it could no longer afford the wages and benefits of its workers, has asked a bankruptcy judge to allow $1.8 million in additional executive bonuses.
From a can of V8:
"100% VEGETABLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE WITH ADDED INGREDIENTS."
Add 100% to the list of things that aren't what they used to be.
What a poopy jerkhead:
News Headline: "Romney canceled campaign credit cards after concession speech, leaving staff stranded."
Mitt Romney's campaign autobiography No Apology has slipped from 601,550th to 698,415th on the on the Amazon best-seller list, for those keeping track.
Winters coming. We'll get the ice back.

Damn unions! It could been MORE!

+ or - 100%

He likes to fire people!

I'll wait for the movie...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/02/us/florida-dolp...

So, I feel bad for this girl because this must have been a scary experience, but I think her parents are idiots.

1 - They admit that they were repeatedly given instructions not to pick up the plate that the fish was on.

2 - They were too busy taking videos of the kids to stand next to them and appropriately supervise. No way would I let my 8 year old (and her younger brother) that close to a wild animal without being right next to them.

3 - They didn't know that wild animals (dolphins) could bite. Um, seriously?!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

I was browsing images for my Christmas cards and ran across some that said "Happy Holidays" but had pictures of Santa on them. I don't get it. I mean, I understand why some people say "Happy Holidays" (I do sometimes, because we have friends of many different faiths and I really do want them all to enjoy their holidays and maybe get a little bit out of mine, too), but if you are going to have an image of Santa on something, then at least acknowledge that he represents Christmas.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
I was browsing images for my Christmas cards and ran across some that said "Happy Holidays" but had pictures of Santa on them. I don't get it. I mean, I understand why some people say "Happy Holidays" (I do sometimes, because we have friends of many different faiths and I really do want them all to enjoy their holidays and maybe get a little bit out of mine, too), but if you are going to have an image of Santa on something, then at least acknowledge that he represents Christmas.
i guess i get the card company's thing, but then i get yours too... i have known some Jews who acknowledge Cristmas to some degree, including sending santa cards.

where i work we have religious client and catholic clients... for years teh catholic clients got different christmas cards than the religious clietns. The catholic cards had a nativity scene and more of a "blessed christmas season" sentiment, whereas the religious ones were more "blessings this season adn throughout the year"... it's a pain to keep them all straight... especially when you add YET ANOHTER list that has to have cards saying "seasons greetings" to the mix...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/02/ us/florida-dolphin-bites-girl/ index.html?hpt=us_c2
So, I feel bad for this girl because this must have been a scary experience, but I think her parents are idiots.
1 - They admit that they were repeatedly given instructions not to pick up the plate that the fish was on.
2 - They were too busy taking videos of the kids to stand next to them and appropriately supervise. No way would I let my 8 year old (and her younger brother) that close to a wild animal without being right next to them.
3 - They didn't know that wild animals (dolphins) could bite. Um, seriously?!
Wow. I hate parents like that. Plus, the kid was EIGHT, not three. They told you not to pick up the paper plate, DON'T PICK UP THE PAPER PLATE. An eight year old should be fairly adept at following instructions, no? If not, I feel sorry for her teacher.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I hate parents like that. Plus, the kid was EIGHT, not three. They told you not to pick up the paper plate, DON'T PICK UP THE PAPER PLATE. An eight year old should be fairly adept at following instructions, no? If not, I feel sorry for her teacher.
No, totally normal for an 8-year-old to get excited and forget at the end. They are starting to act like big kids at the age, but still have the impulse control of little kids sometimes. That is why it would be so important to have an adult standing next to them.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess i get the card company's thing, but then i get yours too... i have known some Jews who acknowledge Cristmas to some degree, including sending santa cards.
where i work we have religious client and catholic clients... for years teh catholic clients got different christmas cards than the religious clietns. The catholic cards had a nativity scene and more of a "blessed christmas season" sentiment, whereas the religious ones were more "blessings this season adn throughout the year"... it's a pain to keep them all straight... especially when you add YET ANOHTER list that has to have cards saying "seasons greetings" to the mix...
I am not going to keep track. I say Merry Christmas to everyone. If I get a Happy Hanukkah in return, fine by me. I don't know what some people are, and I really don't care. If they can't take the spirit of the well-wish in mind, then to heck with them.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

I just perused the Google News and I see Princess Kate is prego.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, totally normal for an 8-year-old to get excited and forget at the end. They are starting to act like big kids at the age, but still have the impulse control of little kids sometimes. That is why it would be so important to have an adult standing next to them.
Aiight, I'll concede on that one. Full blame on parents then.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Toj wrote:
Yeah. The Onion just posted "Royal Baby To Be Last Person On Earth To See Mother's Breasts". Heh.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The Onion just posted "Royal Baby To Be Last Person On Earth To See Mother's Breasts". Heh.
I love The Onion.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. The Onion just posted "Royal Baby To Be Last Person On Earth To See Mother's Breasts". Heh.
Ha ha! Some news outlets are reporting that she was hospitalized with morning sickness. Others are saying that she has Hyperemesis. Big difference! I had Hyperemesis with both boys and has to be hospitalized for over a week each time. I needed iv fluids and extra vitamins because I was getting sick (not just nauseated) 7+ times a day.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha! Some news outlets are reporting that she was hospitalized with morning sickness. Others are saying that she has Hyperemesis. Big difference! I had Hyperemesis with both boys and has to be hospitalized for over a week each time. I needed iv fluids and extra vitamins because I was getting sick (not just nauseated) 7+ times a day.
Eek, I just looked that up. I'm surprised you had a second kid--that sounds miserable.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Eek, I just looked that up. I'm surprised you had a second kid--that sounds miserable.
Everyone inc my dr told me that each pregnancy is different and there was no reason to think that the second pregnancy would be like the first.

I got my tubes tied after the second.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ugh. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find black dress shoes with a little heel for a 7 year old?

I have been to every Marshall's I can drive to and looked all over the web...and finally found some at amazon.

Now let's hope they get here before christmas. <crosses fingers>

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

squishymama wrote:
Ugh. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find black dress shoes with a little heel for a 7 year old?
I have been to every Marshall's I can drive to and looked all over the web...and finally found some at amazon.
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but why does a 7-year-old need heels? She has the whole rest of her life to wear heels but only so many years to be a kid.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

squishymama wrote:
Thre used to be a kids shoe store on Central just west of Green Bay. They had a 2nd shop on Elm in Winnetka.V Bootery. More than Marshall's but not too pricey. Good basic nice shoes

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but why does a 7-year-old need heels? She has the whole rest of her life to wear heels but only so many years to be a kid.
Because she went a picked a very sophisticated dress to wear for christmas. It's black velvety on top and layers of chiffony type white fabric for the skirt; and it's longer in back than in front. Of course it's short sleeved, why they do that for winter I'll never understand, so MIL found a little faux fur cape in black to cover her shoulders.

It's just way too fancy to just wear little flats or mary janes.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/02/ us/florida-dolphin-bites-girl/ index.html?hpt=us_c2
I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

I saw that on the news yesterday and thought it was actually funny. So she suffered some "puncture wounds," boo friggen hoo. I'm not about to shut the park down and euthanize the dolphins and throw the parents in prison.

Lighten up, jerks.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Toj wrote:
Whothefuck even cares!?!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,701 - 75,720 of97,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Waxman 1,072,266
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min No Warming 45,488
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 35 min andet1987 395
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Dems Destroy Democracy 1,829
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr Obama Sucks 7,562
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 48,690
Abby 7-11 2 hr edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info