Comments
75,701 - 75,720 of 97,985 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76704 Dec 3, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess i get the card company's thing, but then i get yours too... i have known some Jews who acknowledge Cristmas to some degree, including sending santa cards.
where i work we have religious client and catholic clients... for years teh catholic clients got different christmas cards than the religious clietns. The catholic cards had a nativity scene and more of a "blessed christmas season" sentiment, whereas the religious ones were more "blessings this season adn throughout the year"... it's a pain to keep them all straight... especially when you add YET ANOHTER list that has to have cards saying "seasons greetings" to the mix...
I am not going to keep track. I say Merry Christmas to everyone. If I get a Happy Hanukkah in return, fine by me. I don't know what some people are, and I really don't care. If they can't take the spirit of the well-wish in mind, then to heck with them.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76705 Dec 3, 2012
I just perused the Google News and I see Princess Kate is prego.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76706 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, totally normal for an 8-year-old to get excited and forget at the end. They are starting to act like big kids at the age, but still have the impulse control of little kids sometimes. That is why it would be so important to have an adult standing next to them.
Aiight, I'll concede on that one. Full blame on parents then.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76707 Dec 3, 2012
Toj wrote:
Yeah. The Onion just posted "Royal Baby To Be Last Person On Earth To See Mother's Breasts". Heh.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#76708 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The Onion just posted "Royal Baby To Be Last Person On Earth To See Mother's Breasts". Heh.
I love The Onion.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76709 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. The Onion just posted "Royal Baby To Be Last Person On Earth To See Mother's Breasts". Heh.
Ha ha! Some news outlets are reporting that she was hospitalized with morning sickness. Others are saying that she has Hyperemesis. Big difference! I had Hyperemesis with both boys and has to be hospitalized for over a week each time. I needed iv fluids and extra vitamins because I was getting sick (not just nauseated) 7+ times a day.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76710 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha! Some news outlets are reporting that she was hospitalized with morning sickness. Others are saying that she has Hyperemesis. Big difference! I had Hyperemesis with both boys and has to be hospitalized for over a week each time. I needed iv fluids and extra vitamins because I was getting sick (not just nauseated) 7+ times a day.
Eek, I just looked that up. I'm surprised you had a second kid--that sounds miserable.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76711 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Eek, I just looked that up. I'm surprised you had a second kid--that sounds miserable.
Everyone inc my dr told me that each pregnancy is different and there was no reason to think that the second pregnancy would be like the first.

I got my tubes tied after the second.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#76712 Dec 3, 2012
Ugh. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find black dress shoes with a little heel for a 7 year old?

I have been to every Marshall's I can drive to and looked all over the web...and finally found some at amazon.

Now let's hope they get here before christmas. <crosses fingers>

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76713 Dec 3, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Ugh. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find black dress shoes with a little heel for a 7 year old?
I have been to every Marshall's I can drive to and looked all over the web...and finally found some at amazon.
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but why does a 7-year-old need heels? She has the whole rest of her life to wear heels but only so many years to be a kid.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76714 Dec 3, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Thre used to be a kids shoe store on Central just west of Green Bay. They had a 2nd shop on Elm in Winnetka.V Bootery. More than Marshall's but not too pricey. Good basic nice shoes

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#76715 Dec 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but why does a 7-year-old need heels? She has the whole rest of her life to wear heels but only so many years to be a kid.
Because she went a picked a very sophisticated dress to wear for christmas. It's black velvety on top and layers of chiffony type white fabric for the skirt; and it's longer in back than in front. Of course it's short sleeved, why they do that for winter I'll never understand, so MIL found a little faux fur cape in black to cover her shoulders.

It's just way too fancy to just wear little flats or mary janes.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76716 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/02/ us/florida-dolphin-bites-girl/ index.html?hpt=us_c2
So, I feel bad for this girl because this must have been a scary experience, but I think her parents are idiots.
I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

I saw that on the news yesterday and thought it was actually funny. So she suffered some "puncture wounds," boo friggen hoo. I'm not about to shut the park down and euthanize the dolphins and throw the parents in prison.

Lighten up, jerks.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76717 Dec 3, 2012
Toj wrote:
Whothefuck even cares!?!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#76718 Dec 3, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she went a picked a very sophisticated dress to wear for christmas. It's black velvety on top and layers of chiffony type white fabric for the skirt; and it's longer in back than in front. Of course it's short sleeved, why they do that for winter I'll never understand, so MIL found a little faux fur cape in black to cover her shoulders.
It's just way too fancy to just wear little flats or mary janes.
I can remember having heels a lot when I was little. They were only 1/2" to and 1", of course.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76719 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

I saw that on the news yesterday and thought it was actually funny. So she suffered some "puncture wounds," boo friggen hoo. I'm not about to shut the park down and euthanize the dolphins and throw the parents in prison.

Lighten up, jerks.
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds. The kid screwed up, it happens. Next time, she'll probably pay closer attention to the rules.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76721 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds.
I thought we were razzing the parents for incompetency, horrible parenting decisions, and NOT being helicopters?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76722 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

Lighten up, jerks.
If you don't supervise your kids, you can't act surprised and blame someone else when they break the rules. The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins.

It's not funny at all that a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?). It's not the park's fault, though.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Schaumburg, IL

#76723 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds. The kid screwed up, it happens. Next time, she'll probably pay closer attention to the rules.
But, the kid is eight and too young to be responsible for the two feet between her hand extended with food and the same hand retracted with food. And, as smart as dolphins are purported to be, that food is just food that's two feet further than usual. It's asking a lot of children and dolphins to NOT make mistakes here.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76724 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins.
Then I would razz them for THAT, and not for not being on guard for every potential hazard that could ever mathematically happen when they take a trip to Sea World.

You took an issue with the fact they were filming right next to them instead of keeping the camera away and be hovering right behind them.
Jess in NJ wrote:
a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?)
Yeah, that's why I laughed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min truth-facts 46,388
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min No Surprize 1,101,921
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min loose cannon 177,540
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 25 min Lawrence Wolf 66
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 35 min KiMare 49,518
ruth ann hall's son 57 min EYES EVERWHERE 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Rick Moss 69,094
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago