“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76722 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should give the parents a break. Allowing children to lean over the wall and feed the dolphins is what the attraction was all about. I'm not gonna raz the parents for not hovering over the kids in CASE something most people wouldn't even think about might happen.

I saw that on the news yesterday and thought it was actually funny. So she suffered some "puncture wounds," boo friggen hoo. I'm not about to shut the park down and euthanize the dolphins and throw the parents in prison.

Lighten up, jerks.
If you don't supervise your kids, you can't act surprised and blame someone else when they break the rules. The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins.

It's not funny at all that a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?). It's not the park's fault, though.

Location hidden

#76723 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're razzing the parents for making a federal case out of puncture wounds. The kid screwed up, it happens. Next time, she'll probably pay closer attention to the rules.
But, the kid is eight and too young to be responsible for the two feet between her hand extended with food and the same hand retracted with food. And, as smart as dolphins are purported to be, that food is just food that's two feet further than usual. It's asking a lot of children and dolphins to NOT make mistakes here.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76724 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
The parents are the ones who broadcast this video all over and now think that children should not be allowed to feed the dolphins.
Then I would razz them for THAT, and not for not being on guard for every potential hazard that could ever mathematically happen when they take a trip to Sea World.

You took an issue with the fact they were filming right next to them instead of keeping the camera away and be hovering right behind them.
Jess in NJ wrote:
a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?)
Yeah, that's why I laughed!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76725 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
but if you are going to have an image of Santa on something, then at least acknowledge that he represents Christmas.
Here I though baby Jesus represented Christmas, not Santa. Silly me...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76726 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Here I though baby Jesus represented Christmas, not Santa. Silly me...
Does Santa deliver presents for Diwali?

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#76727 Dec 3, 2012
Oh bloody hell. I have to give my dog walker his final payment tomorrow before I move and I ran out of checks, and of course my box of checks is packed and moved already. AND I don't have enough cash on me to cover it (plus I was going to give him extra because I'm too much of a slacker to remember to pick up a gift card). Waiting for him to text me back if he prefers cash or if I can mail the payment (in which case I'd include a gift card). Dammit dammit dammit, I noticed that I used my last check on rent last week... wish I'd remembered to do something about it!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76728 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Then I would razz them for THAT, and not for not being on guard for every potential hazard that could ever mathematically happen when they take a trip to Sea World.

You took an issue with the fact they were filming right next to them instead of keeping the camera away and be hovering right behind them.

Jess in NJ wrote, " a kid got bit and was so scared (did you watch the video?)"

Yeah, that's why I laughed!
Yup, I take issue with parents who film their kids instead of supervising them in potentially dangerous situations. Just like I get annoyed with people who continue to film someone getting hurt and make no attempt to help them.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76729 Dec 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Oh bloody hell. I have to give my dog walker his final payment tomorrow before I move and I ran out of checks, and of course my box of checks is packed and moved already. AND I don't have enough cash on me to cover it (plus I was going to give him extra because I'm too much of a slacker to remember to pick up a gift card). Waiting for him to text me back if he prefers cash or if I can mail the payment (in which case I'd include a gift card). Dammit dammit dammit, I noticed that I used my last check on rent last week... wish I'd remembered to do something about it!
That stinks.

Is everything else taken care of?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76730 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I take issue with parents who film their kids instead of supervising them in potentially dangerous situations.
The parent's WERE supervising them! They were even right next to them filming their every move! How much more supervision do you want!? Is playing on a swing set a "potentially dangerous situation?" They were at kiddie land in Sea World for Godssake!

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want but the parents did NOTHING any other normal parent wouldn't have done! Filming the kids feeding the dolphins in a "Feed the dolphins" area? Oh the humanity, what bassterds they are! Sorry to beat you over the head with this but you are UNFAIRLY laying blame on the parents for what happened.

Boynton Beach, FL

#76731 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That stinks.
Is everything else taken care of?
The big stuff is (movers, Uverse installation, reservation to board the dogs) but I'm starting to freak out about how much stuff I still have that's not packed or moved over. I took two full suitcases of clothes over tonight and unpacked them in the closet so I could bring back the empty suitcases and do the same tomorrow. It seems like the miscellaneous stuff multiplies every time I turn my back. I want to take my jewelry boxes and laptop with me in the car, but I'll also have last-minute bathroom stuff, laundry, etc. Ugh. Doing this by myself sucks, and that's even after my friends helping me over the weekend.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76732 Dec 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
You're putting way too much thought and worry into this. Just tell him you'll send him a check or money order.

Boynton Beach, FL

#76733 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're putting way too much thought and worry into this. Just tell him you'll send him a check or money order.
I'm leaving him cash. This is just the worry-flavored icing on the cake of stress, but you're right: I need to chill. Everything will get done!
:)

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#76734 Dec 3, 2012
JMW, can you send some money by "text" to him? Some of the big banks up here let you do that; all you need is the other person's email or cell#, and the bank lets them know. i dont think you even have to be part of the same bank... that way you can keep the cash for other stuff over the next couple days...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76735 Dec 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>The parent's WERE supervising them! They were even right next to them filming their every move! How much more supervision do you want!? Is playing on a swing set a "potentially dangerous situation?" They were at kiddie land in Sea World for Godssake!

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want but the parents did NOTHING any other normal parent wouldn't have done! Filming the kids feeding the dolphins in a "Feed the dolphins" area? Oh the humanity, what bassterds they are! Sorry to beat you over the head with this but you are UNFAIRLY laying blame on the parents for what happened.
And I am going to very nicely say that unless you have a child this age, your opinion on child rearing doesn't mean squat. You supervise a young elementary school age child around wild animals differently than you would if they were playing on the swings.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76736 Dec 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>The big stuff is (movers, Uverse installation, reservation to board the dogs) but I'm starting to freak out about how much stuff I still have that's not packed or moved over. I took two full suitcases of clothes over tonight and unpacked them in the closet so I could bring back the empty suitcases and do the same tomorrow. It seems like the miscellaneous stuff multiplies every time I turn my back. I want to take my jewelry boxes and laptop with me in the car, but I'll also have last-minute bathroom stuff, laundry, etc. Ugh. Doing this by myself sucks, and that's even after my friends helping me over the weekend.
You'll get it done :)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76737 Dec 3, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
JMW, can you send some money by "text" to him? Some of the big banks up here let you do that; all you need is the other person's email or cell#, and the bank lets them know. i dont think you even have to be part of the same bank... that way you can keep the cash for other stuff over the next couple days...
Wow! I have never heard of that. How cool!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76738 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am going to very nicely say that unless you have a child this age, your opinion on child rearing doesn't mean squat.
And I'm gonna very nicely call bullsht. That is a cop-out. Just because I don't HAVE children, doesn't mean I'm not allowed any opinion on supervising them. I'll remind you that Dr. Spock didn't have children when he wrote his first book on child-rearing.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76739 Dec 3, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
I've never heard of that either. There's something called a "square" I think that you can attach to your cell phone and accept debit/credit cards with it. Is that what you're talking about?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76740 Dec 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm leaving him cash. This is just the worry-flavored icing on the cake of stress, but you're right: I need to chill. Everything will get done!
I'm always right but I thought you didn't have cash? Or did you just mean you don't have cash ON you but could make a run to the ATM? I rarely have cash on me too but when I say I'm tapped, I mean my bank account is also dry.

Hell, if you were wigging out about a problem that can be solved by running to the ATM, you REALLY need to chill!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#76741 Dec 4, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Portlandia 1,153,049
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 5 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 6 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 8 hr cute_bwoy 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web