Yoo hoo. Anybody Home?

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#76685 Dec 2, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Yoo hoo. Anybody Home?
Sup.
:)

I got the kitchen and both bathrooms cleaned and unpacked today. My friend A was a huge help. And I replaced the battery in a chirping smoke detector (of course that's going to happen on the second day of my lease, haha).

The weekend security guard in my new building has been supremely helpful. I'll have to get him something for the holidays. That would be normal, right? I've never lived in a manned building before.

T-minus 4 days until the official move.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76686 Dec 2, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Sup.
:)
I got the kitchen and both bathrooms cleaned and unpacked today. My friend A was a huge help. And I replaced the battery in a chirping smoke detector (of course that's going to happen on the second day of my lease, haha).
The weekend security guard in my new building has been supremely helpful. I'll have to get him something for the holidays. That would be normal, right? I've never lived in a manned building before.
T-minus 4 days until the official move.
I give something to teh security guys in my office building. Ask some of the other tenants what they do. There may be a holiday kitty for all support people
Just a thought

Schaumburg, IL

#76687 Dec 2, 2012
Don't take this the wrong way but, BJ's are always a welcome tip.

Happy Holidays!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76688 Dec 3, 2012

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76689 Dec 3, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Sub,The man will be sent to prison, I guarantee.
I already acknowledged this.

Location hidden

#76690 Dec 3, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>And you'd refer to your dead child (to one and all) as worthless scum that deserved to die?
Somehow I don't believe that.
Of course I would never call my children worthless scum. There is such a thing as unconditional love. However, I don't have unconditional love for other people's children. I fail to see why I should.

Location hidden

#76691 Dec 3, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
Dang. Republicans are hardcore!
Naw, liberals are just f'ing pussAys. I'd hate to be in a fox hole with one. He'd probably jump out and assist a wounded enemy, because he could die if he's not helped and who doesn't need HELP and HUGS.

:p
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76692 Dec 3, 2012
Interesting:

+ Earth lost 4.57 million square miles of Arctic ice cover from March to September.
+ The area of the United States is 3.79 million square miles.

Hostess, which tripled its CEO's pay and nearly doubled the pay of other executives before announcing it could no longer afford the wages and benefits of its workers, has asked a bankruptcy judge to allow $1.8 million in additional executive bonuses.

From a can of V8:
"100% VEGETABLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE WITH ADDED INGREDIENTS."
Add 100% to the list of things that aren't what they used to be.

What a poopy jerkhead:
News Headline: "Romney canceled campaign credit cards after concession speech, leaving staff stranded."
Mitt Romney's campaign autobiography No Apology has slipped from 601,550th to 698,415th on the on the Amazon best-seller list, for those keeping track.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76693 Dec 3, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I would never call my children worthless scum. There is such a thing as unconditional love. However, I don't have unconditional love for other people's children. I fail to see why I should.
But according to all of your other posts on the subject they would be worthless scum and deserve to die.
I said you'd feel differently if it were your kids, and you've admitted that is true.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76694 Dec 3, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
Interesting:
+ Earth lost 4.57 million square miles of Arctic ice cover from March to September.
Hostess, which tripled its CEO's pay and nearly doubled the pay of other executives before announcing it could no longer afford the wages and benefits of its workers, has asked a bankruptcy judge to allow $1.8 million in additional executive bonuses.
From a can of V8:
What a poopy jerkhead:
News Headline: "Romney canceled campaign credit cards after concession speech, leaving staff stranded."
Mitt Romney's campaign autobiography No Apology has slipped from 601,550th to 698,415th on the on the Amazon best-seller list, for those keeping track.
You bored?

Location hidden

#76695 Dec 3, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>But according to all of your other posts on the subject they would be worthless scum and deserve to die.
I said you'd feel differently if it were your kids, and you've admitted that is true.
I would only feel different in that they aren't scum, but I wouldn't be mad at someone for killing them if they were foolish enough to break into someone's home.

Further, I don't know what the point is of your comment. Who really gives a f' if I think other people's kids are scum, but would never think my own to be. I call that just being a good parent. Just cause I have unconditional love for my own children, it doesn't follow that I should have unconditional love for every person on the planet or other people's near adult age children.

So, BFD if I would treat and view my own kids differently. They are my kids. As a parent, I'm allowed to do that.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76696 Dec 3, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You bored?
On a boring conference call led by a guy who constantly repeats himself, so just checking a couple of my favorite columns.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76697 Dec 3, 2012
I think I'm going to have some pumpkin ice cream for lunch. I love the desserts that are around this time if year.

My mom makes the yummiest chocolate cherry cookies. Chocolate cookies topped with a maraschino cherry covered in chocolate mixed with cherry juice. I don't make them because I have no will power when it comes to them. I would eat the whole batch in one afternoon.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Schaumburg, IL

#76698 Dec 3, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
Interesting:
From a can of V8:
What a poopy jerkhead:
Winters coming. We'll get the ice back.

Damn unions! It could been MORE!

+ or - 100%

He likes to fire people!

I'll wait for the movie...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76699 Dec 3, 2012
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/02/us/florida-dolp...

So, I feel bad for this girl because this must have been a scary experience, but I think her parents are idiots.

1 - They admit that they were repeatedly given instructions not to pick up the plate that the fish was on.

2 - They were too busy taking videos of the kids to stand next to them and appropriately supervise. No way would I let my 8 year old (and her younger brother) that close to a wild animal without being right next to them.

3 - They didn't know that wild animals (dolphins) could bite. Um, seriously?!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76700 Dec 3, 2012
I was browsing images for my Christmas cards and ran across some that said "Happy Holidays" but had pictures of Santa on them. I don't get it. I mean, I understand why some people say "Happy Holidays" (I do sometimes, because we have friends of many different faiths and I really do want them all to enjoy their holidays and maybe get a little bit out of mine, too), but if you are going to have an image of Santa on something, then at least acknowledge that he represents Christmas.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76701 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
I was browsing images for my Christmas cards and ran across some that said "Happy Holidays" but had pictures of Santa on them. I don't get it. I mean, I understand why some people say "Happy Holidays" (I do sometimes, because we have friends of many different faiths and I really do want them all to enjoy their holidays and maybe get a little bit out of mine, too), but if you are going to have an image of Santa on something, then at least acknowledge that he represents Christmas.
i guess i get the card company's thing, but then i get yours too... i have known some Jews who acknowledge Cristmas to some degree, including sending santa cards.

where i work we have religious client and catholic clients... for years teh catholic clients got different christmas cards than the religious clietns. The catholic cards had a nativity scene and more of a "blessed christmas season" sentiment, whereas the religious ones were more "blessings this season adn throughout the year"... it's a pain to keep them all straight... especially when you add YET ANOHTER list that has to have cards saying "seasons greetings" to the mix...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76702 Dec 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/02/ us/florida-dolphin-bites-girl/ index.html?hpt=us_c2
So, I feel bad for this girl because this must have been a scary experience, but I think her parents are idiots.
1 - They admit that they were repeatedly given instructions not to pick up the plate that the fish was on.
2 - They were too busy taking videos of the kids to stand next to them and appropriately supervise. No way would I let my 8 year old (and her younger brother) that close to a wild animal without being right next to them.
3 - They didn't know that wild animals (dolphins) could bite. Um, seriously?!
Wow. I hate parents like that. Plus, the kid was EIGHT, not three. They told you not to pick up the paper plate, DON'T PICK UP THE PAPER PLATE. An eight year old should be fairly adept at following instructions, no? If not, I feel sorry for her teacher.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76703 Dec 3, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I hate parents like that. Plus, the kid was EIGHT, not three. They told you not to pick up the paper plate, DON'T PICK UP THE PAPER PLATE. An eight year old should be fairly adept at following instructions, no? If not, I feel sorry for her teacher.
No, totally normal for an 8-year-old to get excited and forget at the end. They are starting to act like big kids at the age, but still have the impulse control of little kids sometimes. That is why it would be so important to have an adult standing next to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,109,340
Amy 9-16 11 min Zap Brannigan 27
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 12 min Bye Bye I Quit 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min Eric 69,368
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min truth-facts 46,595
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 19 min NevadaBob 1,922
get a rid of the scotch brite ad 1 hr AD HATER 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,980
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••