|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
When hunters sit in their basement, and deer break into his house, you can make that analogy. He was not hunting, he was defending his position.
<quoted text>
He defended his position about as well as you just did....

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It does take a village. I'm just tired of dealing with the village idiots. Yeah I know, harsh, but that's all I have right now. <shrug>
hey, every village has one, not that anyone wants to deal with him/her. I totally get and am behind you in drawing your line with your sister way on teh other side of it.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Race, Edog, Lurker, JMW, Matilda, PEllen, how's it feel to be on the winning team?!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
They're usually the first ones to try to use the full measure of the law against someone else, but when it comes to them the laws are invasive and unreasonable. Total hypocrites.
Losers are usually the first to turn bitter too.

<pulls Sam's pig tails>

^^^^ That probably turns her on. RAwr

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't - you keep reading it that way. I keep saying that he should call the police as soon as possible after they enter the premises. That may be after he kills them, but I am saying that I think he is an A$$hole for not trying to call sooner, not that it is illegal. I hate people who take the law into their own hands.
You aren't taking the law into your own hands when the law says you can do it.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

RACE wrote:
You make the most outlandish, unsustainable statements.
Please provide an example, if you have one.
<quoted text>
The examples are all through this forum. Heck, look at your own posts. "The law says I can have a gun and I'm gonna have me a gun, dammit." And in other situations you have basically stated that you don't care what the law says, you're gonna do what you feel is right. I am not going to go back through the last couple hundred posts to throw something in your face (especially since my comment wasn't even directed to you), but you know it's true.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, when it's Sub's kids who are shot breaking and entering, he'll have another view.
Think again. While I would be heartbroken, I'd blame my kid, not the person who was just defending their home. If anything I would apologize to them.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

We just finished decorating the Christmas tree. Both boys were able to help this year and we had so much fun (though I had to keep reminding them not to touch the ornaments until I handed them over). E kept saying "It looks so beautiful in here!"

Our Elf on the Shelf comes out tomorrow :)

Halloween is my favorite day of the year, but this is such a fun season to see through the kids' eyes.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
Race, Edog, Lurker, JMW, Matilda, PEllen, how's it feel to be on the winning team?!
WINNING!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>The examples are all through this forum. Heck, look at your own posts. "The law says I can have a gun and I'm gonna have me a gun, dammit." And in other situations you have basically stated that you don't care what the law says, you're gonna do what you feel is right. I am not going to go back through the last couple hundred posts to throw something in your face (especially since my comment wasn't even directed to you), but you know it's true.
I don't know what you are talking about. Race doesn't do that.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
We just finished decorating the Christmas tree. Both boys were able to help this year and we had so much fun (though I had to keep reminding them not to touch the ornaments until I handed them over). E kept saying "It looks so beautiful in here!"

Halloween is my favorite day of the year, but this is such a fun season to see through the kids' eyes.
We were thinking of getting an elf on a shelf too.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>We were thinking of getting an elf on a shelf too.
I can't believe how many kids at the boys' schools have one. There are even female elves.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, every village has one, not that anyone wants to deal with him/her. I totally get and am behind you in drawing your line with your sister way on teh other side of it.
Thanks! I really appreciate the support and you guys letting me vent (about this and other stuff too). Mostly I just don't have the energy or patience to go through this crap all over AGAIN when I know it will just be the same BS, same results, same actions....

I've spent all day (off and on...mostly on) trying to write a paper that's DUE WEDNESDAY and so far I have "this paper will focus on..." So yeah, no time for her stupid repetitive crap right now, even if I had an interest in getting involved. <shrug>

Maybe a nap...

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sub,
Going to jail is not being on the winning team.
When he executed those two cat burglars at point-blank range is when he became an assassin.
The man will be sent to prison, I guarantee.

I'm not following the story though. It is too gruesome for me.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again. While I would be heartbroken, I'd blame my kid, not the person who was just defending their home. If anything I would apologize to them.
And you'd refer to your dead child (to one and all) as worthless scum that deserved to die?
Somehow I don't believe that.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
neat! remind me/us - how old is E now? Hubby actually thinks that we may be able to decorate a tree w/ our nephews "helping"... i'm not so sure... 3.5 YO might maybe be old enough, but i doubt the 1.5 YO would have hte patience to deal iwht us handing him things... i wonder if the tree would be safe from him for the 3 weeks they;re here!

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Dang. Republicans are hardcore!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>neat! remind me/us - how old is E now? Hubby actually thinks that we may be able to decorate a tree w/ our nephews "helping"... i'm not so sure... 3.5 YO might maybe be old enough, but i doubt the 1.5 YO would have hte patience to deal iwht us handing him things... i wonder if the tree would be safe from him for the 3 weeks they;re here!
E turned 4 in September. Ry turned 7 on Thanksgiving.

We still have to remind them that ornaments are not toys and the candy canes on the tree are not to be eaten before Christmas. We have a good mix of old a new ornaments, though the oldest are the ones that were given to my husband and me for our first Christmases (he was born in 1974).

My parents give each of us an ornament every year and I give each of our boys and our nieces and nephew a personalized/dated ornament every year.

The animals have broken more ornaments than the kids, though. The first year we had the dog we woke up in the middle of the night and heard a crunching sound. She was chewing on a glass ball ornament. Lucky she didn't cut her mouth. We got an artificial tree because the cat used to knock the ornaments off and hide them. We had to wrap the tips of the branches around the hangers so the ornaments would stay on the tree.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Most of our ornaments are non breakale because of the cats and the kids.

We have the kitten this year who currently thinks she is Rocky the Flying Squirrel. My house looks like a crime cene half the time.

Tree decorating parties wth cookies and cider. Mmm good times

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

In my teen years, my parents always got a live tree (a ball tree, if you're familiar with the term). The cat used the base as a litterbox once. She also climbed the tree once but I don't remember if that was the same year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,621 - 75,640 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,783
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 min the plain truth 1,833
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min shinningelectr0n 1,073,280
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 3 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE