“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76563 Nov 30, 2012
Then you will have to come here and get away from all that for awhile!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my plan. I mean she's my (only) sister so it does affect me. Really, days later and I'm still stressing over it, but I am not, not not going to let her come here and move in on me. I am not going to allow her to know my address because no matter how much she promises she WILL give it to that POS if she feels a need in the moment. She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76564 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.
Or while you're gone. Stuff will disappear.

I completely support your hard stance on this.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76565 Nov 30, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
But not everyone who f*cks up is low life scum. Some people are, some people haven't been given the right education or opportunities, some people just make stupid decisions that they will learn from if given the opportunity.
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for people's actions, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I never said everyone who f*cks up in life is low life scum.

Folks breaking and entering into peopleís houses are low life scum. And if you do that, and you die, regardless of the circumstances, I really donít give a flying fí what happens to you while you are in that house. I think home owners should be completely secure in their home and be able to COMPLETELY eliminate any threat that a home invader could even potentially pose. As far as Iím concerned, until youíre dead or the cops arrive and secure the place, you still pose a potential threat.

If you are in that situation and you want to think well, gee, maybe if I donít kill this person who broke into my home they might reform themselves down the road Ö so therefore I will take a chance and not kill them and HOPE that they donít kill me, you can do that. I fail to see why others should be required to do so, however.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76566 Nov 30, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
But not everyone who f*cks up is low life scum. Some people are, some people haven't been given the right education or opportunities, some people just make stupid decisions that they will learn from if given the opportunity.
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for people's actions, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
And chemical addictions can drive people to do very stupid stuff.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76567 Nov 30, 2012
RACE wrote:
Then you will have to come here and get away from all that for awhile!
<quoted text>
LOL That thought actually flickered through my mind.:)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76568 Nov 30, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Or while you're gone. Stuff will disappear.
One time at my mom's house...

His brother, the one who's in prison in Idaho for second degree murder (the original charge was first degree, and I don't know *why* they lowered it, it so was "premeditated") was in need of something like $135.00. I had just about exactly that amount on me. I was tired and layed down on the couch for a quick nap. I even put my wallet UNDER the couch when no one was in the room. When I woke up the money was gone.

I don't even know why the POS's POS brother was at MY mom's house to begin with (it was about 10 years ago), must have been a "family" thing since I was there at the same time.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76569 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. I mean she knows the city I live in, and it's not a BIG city, so if she was determined, if she like stalked Starbucks or something and followed me home... But, as she doesn't even have enough money for a bus ride right now, that's not a big issue just yet. <shrug>
Mimi! Wow. I feel for her kids but I wouldn't give her a dime. Glad you didn't. If she moves in with you -- she'd never leave and you'd have to evict her to get her out. Glad she doesn't have your address. If she starts any crap and ends up on your doorstep, tell her to leave and if need be get a trespass thing on her.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76570 Nov 30, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And chemical addictions can drive people to do very stupid stuff.
Oh well. Do all the stupid stuff you wanna do outside of other people's homes. If you don't give a f' about breaking into someone's home, I don't give a f' if you die.

I value law abiding citizens right to be completely secure in their home more than I value the life of low life scum. You on the other hand value the lives of low life scum more than you value the right of law abiding citizens to be completely secure in their home. That's f'd up. You're playing for the wrong team.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76571 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my plan. I mean she's my (only) sister so it does affect me. Really, days later and I'm still stressing over it, but I am not, not not going to let her come here and move in on me. I am not going to allow her to know my address because no matter how much she promises she WILL give it to that POS if she feels a need in the moment. She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.
It would also be one thing if she were taking positive steps in her life to make it better. From what you describe, I don't see that. It sounds like instead she wants you to take these positive steps for her, while she continues on as she has. That's the very definition of a mooch.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76572 Nov 30, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I never said everyone who f*cks up in life is low life scum.

Folks breaking and entering into people’s houses are low life scum. And if you do that, and you die, regardless of the circumstances, I really don’t give a flying f’ what happens to you while you are in that house. I think home owners should be completely secure in their home and be able to COMPLETELY eliminate any threat that a home invader could even potentially pose. As far as I’m concerned, until you’re dead or the cops arrive and secure the place, you still pose a potential threat.

If you are in that situation and you want to think well, gee, maybe if I don’t kill this person who broke into my home they might reform themselves down the road … so therefore I will take a chance and not kill them and HOPE that they don’t kill me, you can do that. I fail to see why others should be required to do so, however.
People have a right to protect themselves and their property. I don't categorize that guy's actions as protecting his property, though. That was entrapment and premeditated murder.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76573 Nov 30, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Mimi! Wow. I feel for her kids but I wouldn't give her a dime. Glad you didn't. If she moves in with you -- she'd never leave and you'd have to evict her to get her out. Glad she doesn't have your address. If she starts any crap and ends up on your doorstep, tell her to leave and if need be get a trespass thing on her.
They are like cockroaches. Let them in and they never leave. I've seen them do it to other people.

I was already thinking about restraining orders last night. Mostly for her POS husband, but if necessary...<shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76574 Nov 30, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would also be one thing if she were taking positive steps in her life to make it better. From what you describe, I don't see that. It sounds like instead she wants you to take these positive steps for her, while she continues on as she has. That's the very definition of a mooch.
Exactly! If she were to actually DO anything, I would help her anyway I could (not living in my house though) but I gave up trying to help her several years back.

It was just one last (for me final) case of "I want to do 'x'..." and me trying to help her get it together but her not only not doing anything to help her own situation, but backpedaling and making all the work I'd done a colossal waste of my time.

Fortunately it wasn't my first rodeo with her so I hadn't done the amount of work I otherwise would have...just in case, but still. That was the last time I tried to help her...it was at her request, and I got burned (again)...never again.

I certainly am not going to knock myself out trying to find her an apartment especially considering the fact that she has NO JOB and NO MONEY. I mean, get real. I will give her the number of a shelter though, although even that's more work than I want to do at this point.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76575 Nov 30, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
People have a right to protect themselves and their property. I don't categorize that guy's actions as protecting his property, though. That was entrapment and premeditated murder.
This is not about property. It's about entering someone's home. Someone can steal my shyte outside of my home and I'd say they don't deserve to die, but when they come in my home, that's a different matter.

It's also not entrapment:

"In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit. In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informant or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person (see sting operation). So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

All he did was make it appear to be a favorable opportunity. So it's not entrapment.

He's also not even being charged with per-meditated murder.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76576 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If she were to actually DO anything, I would help her anyway I could (not living in my house though) but I gave up trying to help her several years back.
It was just one last (for me final) case of "I want to do 'x'..." and me trying to help her get it together but her not only not doing anything to help her own situation, but backpedaling and making all the work I'd done a colossal waste of my time.
Fortunately it wasn't my first rodeo with her so I hadn't done the amount of work I otherwise would have...just in case, but still. That was the last time I tried to help her...it was at her request, and I got burned (again)...never again.
I certainly am not going to knock myself out trying to find her an apartment especially considering the fact that she has NO JOB and NO MONEY. I mean, get real. I will give her the number of a shelter though, although even that's more work than I want to do at this point.
I think that's a good approach.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76577 Nov 30, 2012
Scary, Mimi. I agree that you're doing the right thing. Keep us posted.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76578 Nov 30, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well. Do all the stupid stuff you wanna do outside of other people's homes. If you don't give a f' about breaking into someone's home, I don't give a f' if you die.
I value law abiding citizens right to be completely secure in their home more than I value the life of low life scum. You on the other hand value the lives of low life scum more than you value the right of law abiding citizens to be completely secure in their home. That's f'd up. You're playing for the wrong team.
As usual, you're putting words in my mouth that I never said.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76579 Nov 30, 2012

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76580 Nov 30, 2012
Entrapment? Thats crazy talk! The homeowner is under no obligation to make his home appear either occupied or unoccupied.

Calling that entrapment, is the same as saying the guy asked for it when he was robbed earlier.

So its the victims fault he was robbed the first time?
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
People have a right to protect themselves and their property. I don't categorize that guy's actions as protecting his property, though. That was entrapment and premeditated murder.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76581 Nov 30, 2012
L1: You're a cowardly racist who enjoys banging a hot asian wife but doesn't want to be bothered with children who actually look asian. I think you're scum. Don't procreate. Divorce your wife so she can find a real man to marry, instead of settling with your piece of crap ass.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76582 Nov 30, 2012
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Entrapment? Thats crazy talk! The homeowner is under no obligation to make his home appear either occupied or unoccupied.

Calling that entrapment, is the same as saying the guy asked for it when he was robbed earlier.

So its the victims fault he was robbed the first time?
I realize that is not the legally correct term. I would have no problem with the police setting up a similar sting to catch the criminals in the act. I'm not saying they were innocent or didn't deserve to be punished for breaking and entering. If the homeowner was surprised and threatened by intruders, then he is absolutely within his rights to incapacitate them.

We have laws against vigilantism, though. He set a trap with every intention of killing someone. You must show that you are acting in good faith to protect yourself and your property - lying in wait for them, dragging their bodies and shooting again, waiting a day to call the police - that is not self defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago a model city 6 min Just me 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,124,791
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 1 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Boy G 50,587
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Frank 179,261
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,964
Birth mother 3 hr It is me 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]