Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
So let's focus on me for a while shall we?
I told you guys about my sister and her POS husband right? Ok, about a month ago she called me and told me that she's had him put in jail. Domestic violence, false imprisonment (wouldn't let her out of the house), and terrorist threats (to the cops). He ended up getting a year in the county jail...out in 6 months.
She now has an opportunity to get the hell away from him/that area, but she hooks up with some "ex" biker (think Hells Angels) and moves in with him with her 12 year old, while her 19 year old is hanging out with his little gang banger wannabe friends.
So now she calls me and says she wants to come up here, blah, blah, blah. Finally I said "so you want me to find you an apartment then right?" Like I don't have enough to do right now... She said "yes."
No money, no job, nothing and she thinks *I* can (or will expend the energy to) secure her an apartment. THEN she says "well is Shawna still staying with you, and I'm like yeah and Samantha (Shawna's daughter) too. I don't have room and my landlord is on my ass (he's not) about people living with me anyway, and I don't have room.
STILL she says "well maybe we can stay with you for a *couple* of days, just to get on our feet." Dude, did she not hear me say no like 5 times?
Here's the thing. She doesn't know my address (yay) on purpose because I am literally afraid of her uber violent, irrational POS husband and I do not trust her to not let him know it. I don't even want her here even one single time because if she comes up here, he will be up here as soon as he gets out. He has a history, he is easy to predict and while my life might not be exactly peaceful and un-stressful, it's a damn sight better than it is with them screwing up my Zen.
Oh and she was strung out while I was talking to her. Don't *think* she was tweeking, didn't sound like it, just strung out. Don't know if this is supposed to include the biker (and his kid).
Also two weeks ago she called and asked me to turn on the gas for them (I refused) because neither can get it in their name and CPS had been there and threatened them with taking the kids away if they didn't get heat.
Sooooo if you hear that I died, it's just me faking it.:D
Ok.../rant
I'd stay far far away from all that drama.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I feel this way:
You can say "what if they were big men with guns" or present other potential scenarios all you want. But they WEREN'T Big men with guns. They DIDN'T present a threat after he first took each one down. They DON'T deserve to die for being stupid teens looking for drugs and money to buy drugs. Yes, that's the riskt hey took for breaking in, and if he'd met them at the bedroom door in the room they broke into and blasted them away then and there, then called the cops, I'd e on his side.
He did something wrong, he knewit, and he proscratinated calling the cops because he knew his hours as a free man were severely shortened.
You care way too much about low life scum.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! I love that that's your potential solution!:)
And bad news: I did not ship your birkenstocks yet! Your address is in FB, which I don't have access to at work. But I'll get it sent to my email address, and I'll ship them out on Monday and give you the tracking info.
Thanks hunny. I won't be wearing them til spring anyway...way way way too rainy at the moment.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>You care way too much about low life scum.
But not everyone who f*cks up is low life scum. Some people are, some people haven't been given the right education or opportunities, some people just make stupid decisions that they will learn from if given the opportunity.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for people's actions, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks. It's so hard to show "tough love", esp when there are kids involved, but you know what you have to do to protect yourself and the people you are already looking out for.
Hang in there.
Thanks! Although I'm not sure how much is "tough love" and how much is simply survival...preservation of my sanity and personal space.

My (other) niece and I decided last night to get in touch with her ex (my older nephew's dad...that's the wannabe gang-banger nephew) and see if he would take her in for a while. I mean, I'm pretty much 100% that he will, and will give her some time to get her act together, but we still have to contact him. My niece is going to try to call him today.

The (BIG) upside to that is that he also lives in Cali, so that gets her way away from where she's at (Visalia) because he's in N. Cali (Eureka) and keeps her the hell away from HERE at the same time. Plus he MIGHT have some influence on his kid. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd stay far far away from all that drama.
That's my plan. I mean she's my (only) sister so it does affect me. Really, days later and I'm still stressing over it, but I am not, not not going to let her come here and move in on me. I am not going to allow her to know my address because no matter how much she promises she WILL give it to that POS if she feels a need in the moment. She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Then you will have to come here and get away from all that for awhile!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my plan. I mean she's my (only) sister so it does affect me. Really, days later and I'm still stressing over it, but I am not, not not going to let her come here and move in on me. I am not going to allow her to know my address because no matter how much she promises she WILL give it to that POS if she feels a need in the moment. She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.
Or while you're gone. Stuff will disappear.

I completely support your hard stance on this.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
But not everyone who f*cks up is low life scum. Some people are, some people haven't been given the right education or opportunities, some people just make stupid decisions that they will learn from if given the opportunity.
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for people's actions, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I never said everyone who f*cks up in life is low life scum.

Folks breaking and entering into peopleís houses are low life scum. And if you do that, and you die, regardless of the circumstances, I really donít give a flying fí what happens to you while you are in that house. I think home owners should be completely secure in their home and be able to COMPLETELY eliminate any threat that a home invader could even potentially pose. As far as Iím concerned, until youíre dead or the cops arrive and secure the place, you still pose a potential threat.

If you are in that situation and you want to think well, gee, maybe if I donít kill this person who broke into my home they might reform themselves down the road Ö so therefore I will take a chance and not kill them and HOPE that they donít kill me, you can do that. I fail to see why others should be required to do so, however.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And chemical addictions can drive people to do very stupid stuff.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

RACE wrote:
Then you will have to come here and get away from all that for awhile!
<quoted text>
LOL That thought actually flickered through my mind.:)

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Or while you're gone. Stuff will disappear.
One time at my mom's house...

His brother, the one who's in prison in Idaho for second degree murder (the original charge was first degree, and I don't know *why* they lowered it, it so was "premeditated") was in need of something like $135.00. I had just about exactly that amount on me. I was tired and layed down on the couch for a quick nap. I even put my wallet UNDER the couch when no one was in the room. When I woke up the money was gone.

I don't even know why the POS's POS brother was at MY mom's house to begin with (it was about 10 years ago), must have been a "family" thing since I was there at the same time.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. I mean she knows the city I live in, and it's not a BIG city, so if she was determined, if she like stalked Starbucks or something and followed me home... But, as she doesn't even have enough money for a bus ride right now, that's not a big issue just yet. <shrug>
Mimi! Wow. I feel for her kids but I wouldn't give her a dime. Glad you didn't. If she moves in with you -- she'd never leave and you'd have to evict her to get her out. Glad she doesn't have your address. If she starts any crap and ends up on your doorstep, tell her to leave and if need be get a trespass thing on her.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And chemical addictions can drive people to do very stupid stuff.
Oh well. Do all the stupid stuff you wanna do outside of other people's homes. If you don't give a f' about breaking into someone's home, I don't give a f' if you die.

I value law abiding citizens right to be completely secure in their home more than I value the life of low life scum. You on the other hand value the lives of low life scum more than you value the right of law abiding citizens to be completely secure in their home. That's f'd up. You're playing for the wrong team.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It would also be one thing if she were taking positive steps in her life to make it better. From what you describe, I don't see that. It sounds like instead she wants you to take these positive steps for her, while she continues on as she has. That's the very definition of a mooch.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I never said everyone who f*cks up in life is low life scum.

Folks breaking and entering into people’s houses are low life scum. And if you do that, and you die, regardless of the circumstances, I really don’t give a flying f’ what happens to you while you are in that house. I think home owners should be completely secure in their home and be able to COMPLETELY eliminate any threat that a home invader could even potentially pose. As far as I’m concerned, until you’re dead or the cops arrive and secure the place, you still pose a potential threat.

If you are in that situation and you want to think well, gee, maybe if I don’t kill this person who broke into my home they might reform themselves down the road … so therefore I will take a chance and not kill them and HOPE that they don’t kill me, you can do that. I fail to see why others should be required to do so, however.
People have a right to protect themselves and their property. I don't categorize that guy's actions as protecting his property, though. That was entrapment and premeditated murder.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Mimi! Wow. I feel for her kids but I wouldn't give her a dime. Glad you didn't. If she moves in with you -- she'd never leave and you'd have to evict her to get her out. Glad she doesn't have your address. If she starts any crap and ends up on your doorstep, tell her to leave and if need be get a trespass thing on her.
They are like cockroaches. Let them in and they never leave. I've seen them do it to other people.

I was already thinking about restraining orders last night. Mostly for her POS husband, but if necessary...<shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would also be one thing if she were taking positive steps in her life to make it better. From what you describe, I don't see that. It sounds like instead she wants you to take these positive steps for her, while she continues on as she has. That's the very definition of a mooch.
Exactly! If she were to actually DO anything, I would help her anyway I could (not living in my house though) but I gave up trying to help her several years back.

It was just one last (for me final) case of "I want to do 'x'..." and me trying to help her get it together but her not only not doing anything to help her own situation, but backpedaling and making all the work I'd done a colossal waste of my time.

Fortunately it wasn't my first rodeo with her so I hadn't done the amount of work I otherwise would have...just in case, but still. That was the last time I tried to help her...it was at her request, and I got burned (again)...never again.

I certainly am not going to knock myself out trying to find her an apartment especially considering the fact that she has NO JOB and NO MONEY. I mean, get real. I will give her the number of a shelter though, although even that's more work than I want to do at this point.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
People have a right to protect themselves and their property. I don't categorize that guy's actions as protecting his property, though. That was entrapment and premeditated murder.
This is not about property. It's about entering someone's home. Someone can steal my shyte outside of my home and I'd say they don't deserve to die, but when they come in my home, that's a different matter.

It's also not entrapment:

"In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit. In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informant or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person (see sting operation). So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

All he did was make it appear to be a favorable opportunity. So it's not entrapment.

He's also not even being charged with per-meditated murder.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If she were to actually DO anything, I would help her anyway I could (not living in my house though) but I gave up trying to help her several years back.
It was just one last (for me final) case of "I want to do 'x'..." and me trying to help her get it together but her not only not doing anything to help her own situation, but backpedaling and making all the work I'd done a colossal waste of my time.
Fortunately it wasn't my first rodeo with her so I hadn't done the amount of work I otherwise would have...just in case, but still. That was the last time I tried to help her...it was at her request, and I got burned (again)...never again.
I certainly am not going to knock myself out trying to find her an apartment especially considering the fact that she has NO JOB and NO MONEY. I mean, get real. I will give her the number of a shelter though, although even that's more work than I want to do at this point.
I think that's a good approach.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,561 - 75,580 of97,452
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min The Debils Mentally ILL 1,072,810
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,740
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min No Warming 45,547
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 59 min andet1987 403
1st to contact have a gift 1 hr posttopics 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 2 hr Amena 70
•••

Tornado Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000