Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76543 Nov 29, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
So let's focus on me for a while shall we?
I told you guys about my sister and her POS husband right? Ok, about a month ago she called me and told me that she's had him put in jail. Domestic violence, false imprisonment (wouldn't let her out of the house), and terrorist threats (to the cops). He ended up getting a year in the county jail...out in 6 months.
She now has an opportunity to get the hell away from him/that area, but she hooks up with some "ex" biker (think Hells Angels) and moves in with him with her 12 year old, while her 19 year old is hanging out with his little gang banger wannabe friends.
So now she calls me and says she wants to come up here, blah, blah, blah. Finally I said "so you want me to find you an apartment then right?" Like I don't have enough to do right now... She said "yes."
No money, no job, nothing and she thinks *I* can (or will expend the energy to) secure her an apartment. THEN she says "well is Shawna still staying with you, and I'm like yeah and Samantha (Shawna's daughter) too. I don't have room and my landlord is on my ass (he's not) about people living with me anyway, and I don't have room.
STILL she says "well maybe we can stay with you for a *couple* of days, just to get on our feet." Dude, did she not hear me say no like 5 times?
Here's the thing. She doesn't know my address (yay) on purpose because I am literally afraid of her uber violent, irrational POS husband and I do not trust her to not let him know it. I don't even want her here even one single time because if she comes up here, he will be up here as soon as he gets out. He has a history, he is easy to predict and while my life might not be exactly peaceful and un-stressful, it's a damn sight better than it is with them screwing up my Zen.
Oh and she was strung out while I was talking to her. Don't *think* she was tweeking, didn't sound like it, just strung out. Don't know if this is supposed to include the biker (and his kid).
Also two weeks ago she called and asked me to turn on the gas for them (I refused) because neither can get it in their name and CPS had been there and threatened them with taking the kids away if they didn't get heat.
Sooooo if you hear that I died, it's just me faking it.:D
Ok.../rant
I'm glad she doesn't know where to find you.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76544 Nov 29, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad she doesn't know where to find you.
Me too. I mean she knows the city I live in, and it's not a BIG city, so if she was determined, if she like stalked Starbucks or something and followed me home... But, as she doesn't even have enough money for a bus ride right now, that's not a big issue just yet. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#76545 Nov 29, 2012
Oh and I know it goes without saying, I'm ranting here so she doesn't see me rant on FB, so yanno, shhhh :D

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76546 Nov 29, 2012
Sorry Mimi.
Hang tough lady.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#76547 Nov 29, 2012
oh, wow, mimi... that's a ton to deal with... good luck wiht it all. one step, one day at a time.

oddly, just a few minutes ago, i found an article written by a prosecutor about domestic violence:

http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-11-29/true-stor...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76548 Nov 29, 2012
Moon-
Santa came.
(And Mrs Santa wasn't even around).

They are heavier than I expected.

They are quite good for back and shoulder massages when no one else is available, which is what I suspected would be the case.

Cool.
Thanks

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#76549 Nov 29, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
oh, wow, mimi... that's a ton to deal with... good luck wiht it all. one step, one day at a time.
oddly, just a few minutes ago, i found an article written by a prosecutor about domestic violence:
http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-11-29/true-stor...
Thanks. I'm not dealing with it actually. I sicced (is that a word?) on my nephew. I'm too busy to live her life for her and she's almost (in March) 45 goddamn years old. Enough. I am not her mother.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76550 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:

I told you guys about my sister and her POS husband right? Ok, about a month ago she called me and told me that she's had him put in jail. Domestic violence, false imprisonment (wouldn't let her out of the house), and terrorist threats (to the cops). He ended up getting a year in the county jail...out in 6 months.

She now has an opportunity to get the hell away from him/that area, but she hooks up with some "ex" biker (think Hells Angels) and moves in with him with her 12 year old, while her 19 year old is hanging out with his little gang banger wannabe friends.

So now she calls me and says she wants to come up here, blah, blah, blah. Finally I said "so you want me to find you an apartment then right?" Like I don't have enough to do right now... She said "yes."

No money, no job, nothing and she thinks *I* can (or will expend the energy to) secure her an apartment. THEN she says "well is Shawna still staying with you, and I'm like yeah and Samantha (Shawna's daughter) too. I don't have room and my landlord is on my ass (he's not) about people living with me anyway, and I don't have room.

STILL she says "well maybe we can stay with you for a *couple* of days, just to get on our feet." Dude, did she not hear me say no like 5 times?

Here's the thing. She doesn't know my address (yay) on purpose because I am literally afraid of her uber violent, irrational POS husband and I do not trust her to not let him know it. I don't even want her here even one single time because if she comes up here, he will be up here as soon as he gets out. He has a history, he is easy to predict and while my life might not be exactly peaceful and un-stressful, it's a damn sight better than it is with them screwing up my Zen.

Oh and she was strung out while I was talking to her. Don't *think* she was tweeking, didn't sound like it, just strung out. Don't know if this is supposed to include the biker (and his kid).

Also two weeks ago she called and asked me to turn on the gas for them (I refused) because neither can get it in their name and CPS had been there and threatened them with taking the kids away if they didn't get heat.

Ok.../rant
That sucks. It's so hard to show "tough love", esp when there are kids involved, but you know what you have to do to protect yourself and the people you are already looking out for.

Hang in there.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76551 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Ok.../rant
HA! I love that that's your potential solution!:)

And bad news: I did not ship your birkenstocks yet! Your address is in FB, which I don't have access to at work. But I'll get it sent to my email address, and I'll ship them out on Monday and give you the tracking info.

Location hidden

#76552 Nov 30, 2012
I'm grabbing the columns, FWIW>

Location hidden

#76553 Nov 30, 2012

Location hidden

#76554 Nov 30, 2012

Location hidden

#76555 Nov 30, 2012
Oops the Abby link post went away. It's down below in the list, as 11-20-12, but it is today's column. Sorrya bout that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76556 Nov 30, 2012
See, no good deed goes unpunished.
Sgt__Smith wrote:
Several years ago, I had a similar situation leading up to the shootings. My house in rural Minnesota (different town) had been broken into while I was gone, and several months later, there was evidence that someone had been back, but hadn't broken in yet. So I hid my car and stayed up all night a few nights. The fourth night, some maggot broke my sliding glass door, across the room from where I was waiting. I told him to stay very very still since my 9mm was nervous around strangers. Unlike this guy, I didn't shoot him...sadly. I called the cops. You know what happened? He paid a fine...again. He hadn't actually removed anything and we couldn't prove that he intented to, so he was charged with burglary 3rd degree, reduced to burglary 4th degree - a misdemeanor. My insurance company paid for a little less than half the cost of the door, with me paying for the rest. He never even made restitution for that.
But thank goodness he lived. Like all of them, he was a great kid, just getting his life turned around. At least, that's what all his family members said a few years later, when he moved to the Cities, broke into some woman's house, and raped and killed her before robbing the place.
Had I shot him when he first entered, I would not have walked over and shot him again, in the face. But then again, I wouldn't have had to. I am a very good shot. If there ever is a next time, I will dial AFTER I fire.

“Happy Halloween”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76557 Nov 30, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Ok.../rant
I'd stay far far away from all that drama.

“Happy Halloween”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76558 Nov 30, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I feel this way:
You can say "what if they were big men with guns" or present other potential scenarios all you want. But they WEREN'T Big men with guns. They DIDN'T present a threat after he first took each one down. They DON'T deserve to die for being stupid teens looking for drugs and money to buy drugs. Yes, that's the riskt hey took for breaking in, and if he'd met them at the bedroom door in the room they broke into and blasted them away then and there, then called the cops, I'd e on his side.
He did something wrong, he knewit, and he proscratinated calling the cops because he knew his hours as a free man were severely shortened.
You care way too much about low life scum.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#76559 Nov 30, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! I love that that's your potential solution!:)
And bad news: I did not ship your birkenstocks yet! Your address is in FB, which I don't have access to at work. But I'll get it sent to my email address, and I'll ship them out on Monday and give you the tracking info.
Thanks hunny. I won't be wearing them til spring anyway...way way way too rainy at the moment.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76560 Nov 30, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>You care way too much about low life scum.
But not everyone who f*cks up is low life scum. Some people are, some people haven't been given the right education or opportunities, some people just make stupid decisions that they will learn from if given the opportunity.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for people's actions, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#76561 Nov 30, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks. It's so hard to show "tough love", esp when there are kids involved, but you know what you have to do to protect yourself and the people you are already looking out for.
Hang in there.
Thanks! Although I'm not sure how much is "tough love" and how much is simply survival...preservation of my sanity and personal space.

My (other) niece and I decided last night to get in touch with her ex (my older nephew's dad...that's the wannabe gang-banger nephew) and see if he would take her in for a while. I mean, I'm pretty much 100% that he will, and will give her some time to get her act together, but we still have to contact him. My niece is going to try to call him today.

The (BIG) upside to that is that he also lives in Cali, so that gets her way away from where she's at (Visalia) because he's in N. Cali (Eureka) and keeps her the hell away from HERE at the same time. Plus he MIGHT have some influence on his kid. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#76562 Nov 30, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd stay far far away from all that drama.
That's my plan. I mean she's my (only) sister so it does affect me. Really, days later and I'm still stressing over it, but I am not, not not going to let her come here and move in on me. I am not going to allow her to know my address because no matter how much she promises she WILL give it to that POS if she feels a need in the moment. She'll have him (oh and his POS family) sneaking into my house while I'm asleep. No fucking way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,679
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 70,157
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min KiMare 50,776
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr King Clutch 1,129,383
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 3 hr Glen Fry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IBdaMann 47,596
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]