Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76483 Nov 29, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
On a different note, my bf let slip this morning that he got us tickets to see Ray Lamontagne at the Chicago Theatre on Saturday. Sooo excited! AND we're going to Girl and the Goat before!
Doesn't he love you? WHy on earth would he torment you with that guy's voice?

:)~(I hate that guy's music with teh passion he fails to exhibit himself!)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76484 Nov 29, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same. Said it happened in a rural area, so I assumed they were white.
Me too. I pictured them white and clean-cut looking, just like they are.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76485 Nov 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they just took ALL the meds, figuring "let's worry about what they are later."
The article is my only data source. It said only the non-narcotic drugs were taken

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76486 Nov 29, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
The big difference here that people seem to be glossing over is that he laid in wait for them. He turned all his lights off to make it look like he wasn't home when he was, and he waited to ambush them. It was premeditated. He wasn't defending himself. Those kids would have wet their pants the second they saw the gun and run out of the house. Or, for all the forethought he put in, he could have held them at gunpoint and called the police. Are thieves scumbags? Yes. Do they deserve to die for stealing coins and Mydol? Absolutely not.
But how did he know they were unarmed kids? Couldn't they just as easily have been 250 pound dudes with semi-automatics for all he knew?
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76487 Nov 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, well, in that case....

You guys will never guess what my jackass bf did. He actually spent good money just so he can drag me off to see this Ray "Nails-on-a-Chalkboard-No -Talent-Havin'-Limpdik" Lamontagne Saturday night. If anyone wants to hospitalize me between now and then to get me out of going, I would be forever grateful.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76488 Nov 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
She's excited -- don't rain on her parade.

I'm going to see The Who tonight. So how bad is that?:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76489 Nov 29, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
On a different note, my bf let slip this morning that he got us tickets to see Ray Lamontagne at the Chicago Theatre on Saturday. Sooo excited! AND we're going to Girl and the Goat before!
Those a re tough reservations to get

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76490 Nov 29, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
The big difference here that people seem to be glossing over is that he laid in wait for them. He turned all his lights off to make it look like he wasn't home when he was, and he waited to ambush them. It was premeditated. He wasn't defending himself. Those kids would have wet their pants the second they saw the gun and run out of the house. Or, for all the forethought he put in, he could have held them at gunpoint and called the police. Are thieves scumbags? Yes. Do they deserve to die for stealing coins and Mydol? Absolutely not.
Of course when folks are robbing your house, you should just continue to act like nothing is happening and go about your normal routine. Actually, on planet Sam, you should be nice and just put your stuff on your front porch for them to take, so they don't have to break in, because they could get injured or cut on glass, and the safety of thieves is what is really important. They may be scum bags, but they don't deserve stitches, because you weren't kind enough to put your stuff outside for them to take. No, wait, actually he should have just offered to drive his stuff to their house for them, because any heavy items could result in the thieves hurting their back. They are scumbags, but they don't deserve to have a herniated disc. It might mean they can't rob a house the next night and that could hurt their earning potential.

No, they don't deserve to die for stealing coins and Mydol. They deserve to die for BREAKING INTO SOMEONE'S HOUSE, where one should feel safe and secure from intruders, and stealing coins and Mydol.

Location hidden

#76491 Nov 29, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The article is my only data source. It said only the non-narcotic drugs were taken
Weird, I didn't see that detail.

Location hidden

#76492 Nov 29, 2012
Him lying in wait doesn't trouble me in the least bit. It's how he went and killed them after they were already incapacitated and didn't pose any real threat to him. That's ultimately what is going to get him in trouble too.

Location hidden

#76493 Nov 29, 2012
Actually, the article didn't say that ONLY the non-narcotic meds were taken.

"He said the thieves rifled most of the drawers in the home but took only coins of little value and his non-narcotic prescription drugs."

I think that's just an indication that none of the prescription drugs were of the narcotics variety.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76494 Nov 29, 2012
Cry me a river. A homeowner is under no obligation to do anything any particular way about living in his own home. If he wants to make it look like his home is empty, that is his right. That does not give the punks the right to break in, and the second they do that the homeowner has every right to defend himself and his property. How the home "Looked" is irrelevant.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#76495 Nov 29, 2012
RACE wrote:
Cry me a river. A homeowner is under no obligation to do anything any particular way about living in his own home. If he wants to make it look like his home is empty, that is his right. That does not give the punks the right to break in, and the second they do that the homeowner has every right to defend himself and his property. How the home "Looked" is irrelevant.
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOO, Race, he should leave a sign to tell the thieves when he is home or not. Maybe he could have a little occupancy thingy on his front door like they have in airplane bathrooms. When it is green, that way they will know when it is safe to break in and won't get hurt. We wouldn't want them getting hurt, now would we. He should also make sure the house is clean and no objects are on the floor that could cause them to trip and hurt themselves when they break in.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76496 Nov 29, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Those a re tough reservations to get
I know. Apparently he was working on the dinner reservations a couple months ago. I have a few friends who have been already and they said it was amazing.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76497 Nov 29, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
She's excited -- don't rain on her parade.
I'm going to see The Who tonight. So how bad is that?:)
It's o.k. She gave me the :)
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76498 Nov 29, 2012
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you have a hard-on for living in the Wild West doesn't make it right. A homeowner has a right to defend himself and his property, yes. This guy went well beyond that. He lit a cigarette with a flamethrower. If he had yelled they probably would have taken off. He had his gun drawn and had taken aim, so if they kept coming he was ready. He didn't even try anything short of killing them. He's an ahole and a murderer and it takes a small, small mind to not see that.

Neda, stay with me!

#76499 Nov 29, 2012
So you are advocating bringing a whistle to a gun fight!
You have no idea what they would have done had he yelled, they could have rushed him and choked him to death, or ran and got a knife and came back and slit his throat and cut his eyes out or they could have fired their own weapons at him and blown his face off!

Whether they had a gun, knive or very sharp pencil is not the point. The point is they did not belong there, and the homeowner has to prepare based on the assumption that they are armed, not that they are not.

Just because you like to play armchair jury by looking back with hindsight and give criminals every benefit does not mean the homeowner was wrong in shooting intruders.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you have a hard-on for living in the Wild West doesn't make it right. A homeowner has a right to defend himself and his property, yes. This guy went well beyond that. He lit a cigarette with a flamethrower. If he had yelled they probably would have taken off. He had his gun drawn and had taken aim, so if they kept coming he was ready. He didn't even try anything short of killing them. He's an ahole and a murderer and it takes a small, small mind to not see that.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76500 Nov 29, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOO, Race, he should leave a sign to tell the thieves when he is home or not. Maybe he could have a little occupancy thingy on his front door like they have in airplane bathrooms. When it is green, that way they will know when it is safe to break in and won't get hurt. We wouldn't want them getting hurt, now would we. He should also make sure the house is clean and no objects are on the floor that could cause them to trip and hurt themselves when they break in.
I'm sending this post and your other one to the lab to be tested for hyperbolic steroids.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76501 Nov 29, 2012
RACE wrote:
So you are advocating bringing a whistle to a gun fight!
You have no idea what they would have done had he yelled, they could have rushed him and choked him to death, or ran and got a knife and came back and slit his throat and cut his eyes out or they could have fired their own weapons at him and blown his face off!
Whether they had a gun, knive or very sharp pencil is not the point. The point is they did not belong there, and the homeowner has to prepare based on the assumption that they are armed, not that they are not.
Just because you like to play armchair jury by looking back with hindsight and give criminals every benefit does not mean the homeowner was wrong in shooting intruders.
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone is playing "armchair jury". The man was charged with murder. Obviously, the cops thought he broke a few laws.

And what's this "give criminals every benefit" crap? One was lying in a pool of blood when shot again to kill 'em.

And then leave the bodies there and not call the police?

Seriously, put yourself in that basement and you shot them dead. Oh, I believe you would shoot them 4-5 times after they're dead -- I've got that part. Now, you shoot the teenagers dead, now what would you do? Go upstairs and have a beer?

Neda, stay with me!

#76502 Nov 29, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 5 min dirtclod 82
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Bluestater 1,109,490
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 2 hr Bob Guchione 1
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 3 hr Mortimer Fish 1
Amy 9-16 3 hr Kuuipo 35
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr punte 46,608
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 177,989
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••