Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Toj wrote:
L1: Purchase a firearm. Invite her over but make sure there's no evidence of that invitation. When she's inside your home, shoot her dead. I hear it's perfectly fine to shoot for a kill if someone is in your house.

Pellen responds:
No, and you are exaggerating. You can shoot an intruder on your premises, not someone you have invited in. There is a difference

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Now it turns out, they think the two teens were related to a bunch of other home burglaries. The house they robbed on Wednesday, they stole 8 prescription medicines (including drugs for diabetes).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

by the way, here's a pic of the two teens. Not exactly what you'd picture, eh?

http://www.startribune.com/local/181189391.ht...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Oops. Six bottles of meds, not eight. Also:

"Schirmers said his department or the sheriff's office had 19 "contacts" with Kifer this year, ranging from traffic stops to reports of suspicious activity or theft.

"Police had contacts of a similar nature with Brady, Schirmers said, though he declined to be specific, citing Brady's status as a juvenile when killed."

I'm sorry they died, and I think the guy was wrong to kill them the way he did, but they were living a high-risk lifestyle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
Pellen responds:
No, and you are exaggerating. You can shoot an intruder on your premises, not someone you have invited in. There is a difference
No, no, no, you're confusing this with vampires! They have to be invited in before they can bite you! ;)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
Toj wrote:
L1: Purchase a firearm. Invite her over but make sure there's no evidence of that invitation. When she's inside your home, shoot her dead. I hear it's perfectly fine to shoot for a kill if someone is in your house.
Pellen responds:
That's why you have to make sure there's no evidence of it!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've actually been robbed. You really shouldn't assume you know what path people have been on in life.
If someone is that paranoid to lie in wait for the robbers, shoot them and then shoot them again after lying bleeding to death -- why wouldn't they install ADT or something similar? Not enough money? Sell a gun or two out of the arsenal.
I think they're paranoid people who don't stop and think for a minute. Hmmm, people have been robbing me. I think I'll install a security system and put 911 on speed dial. Make sure my locks are good. I'll also make sure I have personal protection on me IN CASE I NEED IT.
I have ADT on the house. Once the alarm is tripped there is about a minute before the system calls a Central station which then calls the local police who then jump in their cars and come over. If everything happens exactly as planned, the cops are here in maybe 7-10 minutes. Lots can happen in that 10 minutes.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly believed someone was going to rob your house, would you wait for them INSIDE to shoot them if you were afraid for your life? Really? And NOT call the police. Really?
I didn't say I would do what he did. I haven't been in his shoes so I don't know what state of mind I'd be in after being robbed several times.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, you're confusing this with vampires! They have to be invited in before they can bite you! ;)
Ha!

PEllen's comment raises an interesting question though. What if you invited someone in (like a salesperson, for example) and they turned out to have bad intentions? At that point, if you feel threatened, can you shoot them? I assume so, even though you initially invited them in...?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have ADT on the house. Once the alarm is tripped there is about a minute before the system calls a Central station which then calls the local police who then jump in their cars and come over. If everything happens exactly as planned, the cops are here in maybe 7-10 minutes. Lots can happen in that 10 minutes.
Fine, Pellen. Go get your gun and sit in the basement for a day or two.:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
No. Interesting that they took the non-narcotics

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

You were in your home when you were robbed?

It's not paranoia to sit with a rifle in your lap, when people do actually break in your home.

If I want to sit up all night with a rifle in case someone breaks in, thats my right. I dont have to sit there with my thumb poised above the 911 speed dial.

So, you call the cops, then what? You run and hide till they get there? Remember when seconds count the cops are only minutes away.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've actually been robbed. You really shouldn't assume you know what path people have been on in life.
If someone is that paranoid to lie in wait for the robbers, shoot them and then shoot them again after lying bleeding to death -- why wouldn't they install ADT or something similar? Not enough money? Sell a gun or two out of the arsenal.
I think they're paranoid people who don't stop and think for a minute. Hmmm, people have been robbing me. I think I'll install a security system and put 911 on speed dial. Make sure my locks are good. I'll also make sure I have personal protection on me IN CASE I NEED IT.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they just took ALL the meds, figuring "let's worry about what they are later."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!
PEllen's comment raises an interesting question though. What if you invited someone in (like a salesperson, for example) and they turned out to have bad intentions? At that point, if you feel threatened, can you shoot them? I assume so, even though you initially invited them in...?
Whatever you were "feeling," it'd better be reasonable and persuasive enough to keep the authorities from feeling otherwise.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RACE wrote:
You were in your home when you were robbed?
It's not paranoia to sit with a rifle in your lap, when people do actually break in your home.
If I want to sit up all night with a rifle in case someone breaks in, thats my right. I dont have to sit there with my thumb poised above the 911 speed dial.
So, you call the cops, then what? You run and hide till they get there? Remember when seconds count the cops are only minutes away.
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes it is paranoid. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
On the contrary, they're EXACTLY what I pictured. Exactly. Right down to the hair colours and cuts.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
I think that guy was drinking when he shot those teens execution style. He's probably a chronic alcoholic.
That's why he waited a day to call the police, so he could sober up a little and invent a story.
The man has absolutely no credibility.
Speaking of credibility, physician heal thyself. Where in the heck did any of that come from?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you were "feeling," it'd better be reasonable and persuasive enough to keep the authorities from feeling otherwise.
I certainly hope so.

Bottom line, I've never been robbed, much less multiple times, so I have no idea how paranoid, scared, angry etc. I'd be in this guy's shoes. Yes, I think his reaction was extreme but it was preventable by either those kids getting caught sooner or... hey, them not robbing people at all!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary, they're EXACTLY what I pictured. Exactly. Right down to the hair colours and cuts.
Same. Said it happened in a rural area, so I assumed they were white.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,461 - 75,480 of97,443
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,072,563
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,537
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,682
Abby 7-11 26 min edogxxx 19
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,517
Abby July 12 38 min Cass 2
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 40 min mike 8
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••