Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Or, if they had weapons they could have shot him while they themselves were wounded.
Nope. Once inside the house they were subject to the owners right to defned his dwelling. It doesn't matter that the intruders thought the house was empty.
He would be in more trouble if he had rigged a trip wire to shoot an intruder when he was not home.
I am only being a bit sarcastic to say that the thought process was that he wss not going to let some kid live to sue him.
He dragged the wounded girl into another space and then blew her brains out, and that's okay with you?
Really? She was already shot and incapacitated, so it's okay to finish her off while she's bleeding out?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>He dragged the wounded girl into another space and then blew her brains out, and that's okay with you?
Really? She was already shot and incapacitated, so it's okay to finish her off while she's bleeding out?
No.
But it is okay by me to sit in my house and wait with a weapon, and if someone breaks in and is fully in the house, to shoot them, throw the kitchen knife at them, use dried peas and a soda straw at their eyeball, whatever with the expectation of doing great bodily harm, not just slowing them down to wait for the cops to collect.
It is not okay to drag a wounded person off and administer a coup de grace, nor put their bodies in the shed while I decide whether to call a lawyer or the cops.If you do the deed, you take the risks and the consequences. That is what happened to the 2 intruders; same goes for the homeowner

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Walk a mile, and you might get a better understanding.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's someone who is hunting people. He should be shot in the groin and put in a cell and left to bleed.
Since when do you do a horrific thing in order to right a wrong?

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I keep seeing this on Facebook:

"PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "COMMENTS & LIKE" and also "PHOTOS" by clicking on each one. By doing this, my activity amongst my friends and family will no longer become public.
Thank you very much for doing this. Now, copy and paste this on your wall.
Once I see this posted on your page I will do the same for you."

WTF, Facebook? People can't control their own privacy settings?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I understand that in a small town environment, lots of people know other people's bizness. But why on earth would you want people to know you have anything even worth stealing? Like guns and cash lying around?
My new neighborhood is, well, dodgy here and there, and I tend to keep a decent amount of cash on me. I used to keep it in my underwear drawer, but that's an obvious place to look -- dresser drawers. In this neighborhood, I'll be finding a less obvious place to stash the cash.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
I keep seeing this on Facebook:
"PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "COMMENTS & LIKE" and also "PHOTOS" by clicking on each one. By doing this, my activity amongst my friends and family will no longer become public.
Thank you very much for doing this. Now, copy and paste this on your wall.
Once I see this posted on your page I will do the same for you."
WTF, Facebook? People can't control their own privacy settings?
I think I've seen that before, like a couple of years ago. I ignored it.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Exactly! You have no idea what their "Intent" is do you? Are they there to make me breakfast or bash me in the head with a bat and take my cereal? I dont know, so to keep innocent dogooders safe, I lock my doors and installed a doorbell so they can announce themselves.
When people circumvent these standard practices, then I have to assume their "Intent" is to attack me unaware, dispatch me with whatever means necessary (read kill me) and then take whatever they want.

The man said he had been robbed of his weapons, is it not logical to believe that these people were carrying them? So he was in danger, he was afraid for his life and had every right to shoot them.

How the hello can you defend punks who steal what you work so hard to buy? Their life is not worth more than mine, and if they break into a home and they get shot, too damn bad.

You live in a fantasy world if you think that the people who break into your home will leave you unmolested if you simply tell them to take whatever they want. That only empowers them to do more, because you are telling them they are safe from you trying to either stop them or trying to escape and call the cops. Hell, you may as well as just called them up and invited them over to rob you.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How do you know what their "intent" is? How much do people hate to get to a place where they shoot them dead when you're in no danger? How paranoid do you have to be in order to be so afraid to lose a possession that it's worth more than a life? I'm not saying give your stuff out, but there's a lot of room in between those two extremes.
It's too bad common sense has been lost for some.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I've been around the block a few times myself.
And I have seen people walk away from justifiable homicide.
That man and his false show of bravado will not stand up to the scutiny of truth, I do believe.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I'm mostly with Race and Sub on the shooting thing. I do think it was cold-blooded of the guy to finish off the intruders the way he did, but at the end of the day, they broke the law. He felt threatened and did what he had to do to protect himself.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I have to agree about the kill shots, but just like road rage, or Berny Getz (sp) he was beyond pissed off, it was a total release of frustration/anger/impotence. He was running on adrenaline and in total fight or flight mode, and he was fighting.
Too easy to stand on the sideline and judge when he should have stopped, and he probably should have, but I can relate to his inability to see that line himself.
j_m_w wrote:
I'm mostly with Race and Sub on the shooting thing. I do think it was cold-blooded of the guy to finish off the intruders the way he did, but at the end of the day, they broke the law. He felt threatened and did what he had to do to protect himself.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Yeah, same. It was really easy for them to just *not* be there. I don't think the law will see it that way, but *shrug*.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Exactly! You have no idea what their "Intent" is do you? Are they there to make me breakfast or bash me in the head with a bat and take my cereal? I dont know, so to keep innocent dogooders safe, I lock my doors and installed a doorbell so they can announce themselves.
When people circumvent these standard practices, then I have to assume their "Intent" is to attack me unaware, dispatch me with whatever means necessary (read kill me) and then take whatever they want.
The man said he had been robbed of his weapons, is it not logical to believe that these people were carrying them? So he was in danger, he was afraid for his life and had every right to shoot them.
How the hello can you defend punks who steal what you work so hard to buy? Their life is not worth more than mine, and if they break into a home and they get shot, too damn bad.
You live in a fantasy world if you think that the people who break into your home will leave you unmolested if you simply tell them to take whatever they want. That only empowers them to do more, because you are telling them they are safe from you trying to either stop them or trying to escape and call the cops. Hell, you may as well as just called them up and invited them over to rob you.
<quoted text>
I'm not defending the punks. They belong in jail -- just not a grave.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've actually been robbed. You really shouldn't assume you know what path people have been on in life.

If someone is that paranoid to lie in wait for the robbers, shoot them and then shoot them again after lying bleeding to death -- why wouldn't they install ADT or something similar? Not enough money? Sell a gun or two out of the arsenal.

I think they're paranoid people who don't stop and think for a minute. Hmmm, people have been robbing me. I think I'll install a security system and put 911 on speed dial. Make sure my locks are good. I'll also make sure I have personal protection on me IN CASE I NEED IT.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Vigilantes affirmatively assume teh role of teh police/ sherrif and pursue people they consider to be wrong doers.
This guy defended himself and his house from a forceable felony as it was occurring. Big difference
I seriously cannot entertain your viewpoint. The way that whole thing was set up in that situation was murder to me and I feel you're defending a murderer by painting a broad picture on any home robberies. Free country and all that -- think what you wish.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
If you truly believed someone was going to rob your house, would you wait for them INSIDE to shoot them if you were afraid for your life? Really? And NOT call the police. Really?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly believed someone was going to rob your house, would you wait for them INSIDE to shoot them if you were afraid for your life? Really? And NOT call the police. Really?
You can do a heck of a lot more legally to an intruder once he is in your premises than you when he is on the front porch

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Not saying I'd do what he did. I don't even own a gun. But it's hard for me to feel sympathy for the deceased.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>You can do a heck of a lot more legally to an intruder once he is in your premises than you when he is on the front porch
OK- now you're just scaring me!

What have you been up to?!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Toj wrote:
L1: Purchase a firearm. Invite her over but make sure there's no evidence of that invitation. When she's inside your home, shoot her dead. I hear it's perfectly fine to shoot for a kill if someone is in your house.

Pellen responds:
No, and you are exaggerating. You can shoot an intruder on your premises, not someone you have invited in. There is a difference

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min OzRitz 45,780
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 6 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search