Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76380 Nov 28, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
As for the racist policies of our government, NUMEROUS city officials have gone on record for past decisions,*admitting* that freeways and other major infrastructure were purposely done in black neighborhoods, because they didn't have the voting power to stop it.
Actually, you didn't say racist policies of our government, you said racist policies of the republican party, as it exists today.

Now to support your unfounded and ridiculous statement that the republican party is racist you point to shyte that happened 40 or 50 years ago. Not only that, buy you point to "city officials".

How the do you know what political party these "city officials" were associated with? They could have just as well been democrats as republicans. <face palm>

You wanna talk about my lawyering skills, but all I can say is good thing you aren't a lawyer. You'd just embarrass yourself or worse yet, get disbarred for incompetence. Were you drinking all day yesterday, or something?

Location hidden

#76381 Nov 28, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference between a candidate who didn't get past the primaries stating something and it being an official party plank.
Romney was not opposed to birth control being covered by insurance. He was opposed to religious employers being forced to carry insurance policies that provided coverage for birth control. He said that was violating the separation of church and state.
This.

Romney and Ryan aside, all she has done is named few nut jobs from the republican party, who are not mainstream, and then applies their extremist views to the entire republican party.

In terms of Romney and Ryan all she has done is distorted their views. In her mind, if you don't support abortion you hate women. It couldn't possibly because rather than hating women you see a fetus as an unborn living person, who shouldn't be murdered by their mom. Nope, it's cause you hate women.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76382 Nov 28, 2012
Well, at least we got the conversation going in here again! I was worried for a few days, it was too quiet. Don't leave me now, gang.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76383 Nov 28, 2012
50 most awkward pregnancy phots:

http://worldwideinterweb.com/photos/item/1733... {%2210151196079043089%22%3A178 863718912457}&action_type_ map={%2210151196079043089%22%3 A%22og.likes%22}&action_re f_map

I'd say they're safe for work.

Location hidden

#76384 Nov 28, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Well, at least we got the conversation going in here again! I was worried for a few days, it was too quiet. Don't leave me now, gang.
I wonder where tonka and cycle are!

Location hidden

#76385 Nov 28, 2012
Holy crap, look at the picture of the sister from that 70s show:

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/hpt_lisarobinkelly...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76386 Nov 28, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
There are ethical and religious directives from the Conference of Catholic Bishops addressing pain medication?
I am aware there are edicts against hastening end of life and abortion, but I am seriously surprised that the Bishops would limit use of pain medication for pain relief.
If you have a specific entry you can cite, I would very much like to see it. I have heard any number of anti-Catholic accusations over the years but this one profoundly surprises me.
Yes. Now, who in the Church limits it, I don't know but what I found on the website jives with what I've experienced and other people I know experienced. You are only allowed medication when you are dilated between 5 (I think) and 7 and they give you demerol. I experienced it first hand when I had my son by c-section after 30 hours of labor at a Catholic hospital. The only time I was not in extreme pain was as I was leaving and my doctor gave me a tylenol 3. I wouldn't know how closely all Catholic hospitals/doctors follow it in every hospital, however.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76387 Nov 28, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
http://worldwideinterweb.com/photos/item/1733... {%2210151196079043089%22%3A178 863718912457}&action_type_ map={%2210151196079043089%22%3 A%22og.likes%22}&action_re f_map
That is one trend I just...don't...get. I don't pose for pictures with an exposed belly while *not* pregnant, I'm sure as hell not going to do it while pregnant.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76388 Nov 28, 2012
I may have posted this last year, but for all the parents/aunts/uncles who let their kids believe in Santa Clause, this is a fun site:

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76389 Nov 28, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Now, who in the Church limits it, I don't know but what I found on the website jives with what I've experienced and other people I know experienced. You are only allowed medication when you are dilated between 5 (I think) and 7 and they give you demerol. I experienced it first hand when I had my son by c-section after 30 hours of labor at a Catholic hospital. The only time I was not in extreme pain was as I was leaving and my doctor gave me a tylenol 3. I wouldn't know how closely all Catholic hospitals/doctors follow it in every hospital, however.
That may be a hospital protocol rather than a Church edict. My sister trained at Loyola.I will run this past her.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76390 Nov 28, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't allowed an epidural until I was almost fully dilated and I wasn't in a Catholic hospital. I know we are only going on anecdotes here, but from talking to the nurses, I was told that they don't like medicating pregnant women any more than they have to and the meds do wear off, so medicating too early is something they try to avoid in general.

Were you breast feeding after you gave birth? I know I'm getting a little personal here, but that would affect the meds that you were prescribed. They didn't give you any medication after your c-section? That is strange - my SIL had her son in a Catholic hospital - 24 hours in labor, which ended in a c-section after several hours of active labor. She received pain medication as soon as she woke up.

The biggest concern that my friends have experienced with the Catholic hospital around here is that they will not perform tubal ligations (understandably, since it goes against the Church's stance on birth control). I have a friend who has 4 children and had several miscarriages in between. She was told by her doctor during the last pregnancy that she had severe scarring from her c-sections and her life could be in jeopardy if she got pregnant again. She asked if she could have her tubes tied when the baby was delivered so that she did not have to schedule a separate surgery for that. The hospital would not allow it. I honestly don't remember how she resolved the issue, though I know that it is now resolved and she will not be having any more children unless they adopt (which they are planning on doing).

I understand that in some areas that would be a big issue. Where we live, there is a secular hospital 5 blocks down the street from that Catholic hospital. Both are excellent hospitals, too.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76391 Nov 28, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I've seen some of those before, but they are all just WRONG, on so many levels.

That last pic looks photoshopped, though.

Miami, FL

#76392 Nov 28, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where tonka and cycle are!
I know, I miss them. Especially after the Florida-FSU game last weekend.
;)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76393 Nov 28, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't allowed an epidural until I was almost fully dilated and I wasn't in a Catholic hospital. I know we are only going on anecdotes here, but from talking to the nurses, I was told that they don't like medicating pregnant women any more than they have to and the meds do wear off, so medicating too early is something they try to avoid in general.
Were you breast feeding after you gave birth? I know I'm getting a little personal here, but that would affect the meds that you were prescribed. They didn't give you any medication after your c-section? That is strange - my SIL had her son in a Catholic hospital - 24 hours in labor, which ended in a c-section after several hours of active labor. She received pain medication as soon as she woke up.
The biggest concern that my friends have experienced with the Catholic hospital around here is that they will not perform tubal ligations (understandably, since it goes against the Church's stance on birth control). I have a friend who has 4 children and had several miscarriages in between. She was told by her doctor during the last pregnancy that she had severe scarring from her c-sections and her life could be in jeopardy if she got pregnant again. She asked if she could have her tubes tied when the baby was delivered so that she did not have to schedule a separate surgery for that. The hospital would not allow it. I honestly don't remember how she resolved the issue, though I know that it is now resolved and she will not be having any more children unless they adopt (which they are planning on doing).
I understand that in some areas that would be a big issue. Where we live, there is a secular hospital 5 blocks down the street from that Catholic hospital. Both are excellent hospitals, too.
No, wasn't planning to breastfeed (and didn't) b/c of the c-section.

Location hidden

#76394 Nov 28, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen some of those before, but they are all just WRONG, on so many levels.
That last pic looks photoshopped, though.
One a few spots above that, with the husband holding the wife's belly and the dog's nose right there? WEird.

Location hidden

#76395 Nov 28, 2012
I know the Catholic hospital from my hometown would do a tubal ligation only after woman had had two C sections, and even then, she had to go home from the hospital after the C section, then later schedule the tubal ligation, which then had to be reviewed by the hospital’s ethics panel before being approved. Back then, C sections were a huge vertical cut through your entire abdominal wall, from belly button to pubis. BF’s mom ended up having five C sections (four boys, then finally the girl came along) then getting her tubes tied. She was a tiny woman, but the belly bloop was pretty extreme, after having had five C sections.

Miami, FL

#76396 Nov 28, 2012
Isn't anyone going to grab the girls? I did it yesterday so... one, two, three, NOT IT!
;)

Miami, FL

#76397 Nov 28, 2012
The picture of the Asian couple was pretty okay, because in spite of the exposed belly, there wasn't anything else exposed, no animals, and no weird props in the picture.

But for the most part: YIKES.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76398 Nov 28, 2012

Miami, FL

#76399 Nov 28, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Thanks, squish!
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
World's Best Photo Art 11 min Mr Invisible 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min sonicfilter 1,144,536
ask amy 11-28 20 min RACE 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Guru 180,986
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 51 min Just Saying 54,529
Last Chance! 1 hr Harem 1
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 4 hr Imasport 142
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:07 pm PST