“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76343 Nov 27, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no. Can you read and comprehend? Did Edog invade your body?
You did. You essentially said my observations where 100% spot on, but then went on to justify it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76344 Nov 27, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
Angela, what part of the parties platform makes them woman haters and racists? Let's please stick to facts and reason, instead of crazy conspiracy theories unsupported by facts other than mere coincidences.
Um, their own proposed policies and platforms? Hello? Wanting to make BIRTH CONTROL ILLEGAL? You have looneys running your show.

Location hidden

#76345 Nov 27, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did. You essentially said my observations where 100% spot on, but then went on to justify it.
No, I didn't. My god, you make a lousy lawyer. Maybe you and edog should open up shop together.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76346 Nov 27, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Look. The *leaders* of the GOP are racist women-haters. Your party's platform makes that clear. Put these men into political power and they'll do whatever they want, to whomever they want. They've been doing it for a long time.
What?!?

I don 't think that the syphillis-experiments, etc can be blamed on today's Republican Party. Institutionalized racism transcended party lines.

There is very little difference in the actual behind the scenes "leaders" in both parties. Rich people who can't relate to the concerns of the middle class and seem to care more about how to get re-elected and the needs of the lobbyists than their constituents.

The big difference is in the people who are trying to make big names for themselves. They have to figure out how to distinguish themselves from the *other* party and come up with some wild sound bites (often thanks to some leading or prodding by the media) in the process.

Why are we talking about politics again? Today is Giving Tuesday.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76347 Nov 27, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Um, their own proposed policies and platforms? Hello? Wanting to make BIRTH CONTROL ILLEGAL? You have looneys running your show.
Show me that one. I don't recall seeing it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76348 Nov 27, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
Angela, what part of the parties platform makes them woman haters and racists? Let's please stick to facts and reason, instead of crazy conspiracy theories unsupported by facts other than mere coincidences.
Yes, please. I am unaware of any racist and women-hating platforms of the Republican party. Typical liberal statement. Completely narrow-minded in believing Republicans are pure evil and blind and oblivious to any facts to the contrary.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#76349 Nov 27, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, their own proposed policies and platforms? Hello? Wanting to make BIRTH CONTROL ILLEGAL? You have looneys running your show.
I wanna hear about specific policies and platforms

It's not my show. I'm an independent. I voted for O'dummy the first time he ran and was a big fan of Clinton.

Making birth control illegal isn't apart of the Republican party platform. You are so misinformed. Ryan sponsored a bill that would outlaw certain types that abort fertilized eggs, but he didn't want to ban all forms of it. I'm also sure a fair amount of religious women don't find that to be a huge assault against women. How nice of you to take the banner for all women, tho, and decide that any law related to women that you don't support is against all women.

You also haven't mentioned how their platform is racist? Let's hear it.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#76350 Nov 27, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't. My god, you make a lousy lawyer. Maybe you and edog should open up shop together.
Race even pointed it out to you too.

You are just making personal attacks now, Angela. Good or bad, I don't particularly care what you think of my abilities when it comes to my profession.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76351 Nov 27, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>What?!?

I don 't think that the syphillis-experiments, etc can be blamed on today's Republican Party. Institutionalized racism transcended party lines.

There is very little difference in the actual behind the scenes "leaders" in both parties. Rich people who can't relate to the concerns of the middle class and seem to care more about how to get re-elected and the needs of the lobbyists than their constituents.

The big difference is in the people who are trying to make big names for themselves. They have to figure out how to distinguish themselves from the *other* party and come up with some wild sound bites (often thanks to some leading or prodding by the media) in the process.

I need to add - that's not to say there aren't some IDIOTS out there

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#76352 Nov 27, 2012
Also, that bill Ryan sponsored wasn't intended to be against women or punish women. He and many religious folks believe that life begins when fertilization occurs. This is what motivates them. Not hatred for women. I don't agree with the republican's parties views on this issue, but even I can see it's not about "hating women" that motivates them. It's a gross misrepresentation to characterize it as such.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#76353 Nov 27, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, please. I am unaware of any racist and women-hating platforms of the Republican party. Typical liberal statement. Completely narrow-minded in believing Republicans are pure evil and blind and oblivious to any facts to the contrary.
I think this is a case of if the facts don't support your case, distort, distort, distort.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76354 Nov 27, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
I just saw that; did not hear about it last year. But we had decided last night that we, as in all 4 of us, would spend some of the money for christmas gifts on a donation of some sort after we got a Heifer International "catalog" yesterday in the mail.

I thought that might be a great idea. The kids love animals after all, and I think they would get how a few farm animals could really help a family. But then I saw where we can buy some guinea pigs for families in Equador - where they use them for protein in their diet.

I think that we'll just stick to goats or chicks or bunnies...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76355 Nov 27, 2012
could not prove it by me. I think you are looking hot.
Oh...Maybe it is your fever.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe. I was going to say something cute/funny/sarcastic, but I'm sick (it's the plague, I sear to god it reached through time and kicked me in the face) and I'm just not up to being adorable today.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76356 Nov 27, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
Also, that bill Ryan sponsored wasn't intended to be against women or punish women. He and many religious folks believe that life begins when fertilization occurs. This is what motivates them. Not hatred for women. I don't agree with the republican's parties views on this issue, but even I can see it's not about "hating women" that motivates them. It's a gross misrepresentation to characterize it as such.
It's how these people think. If you're pro-life, you hate women. Defense of marriage, you're homophobic. Immigration reform, you're a racist... on and on. It's how liberals justify their own short-sightedness.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76357 Nov 27, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's how these people think. If you're pro-life, you hate women. Defense of marriage, you're homophobic. Immigration reform, you're a racist... on and on. It's how liberals justify their own short-sightedness.
"These people"?

Location hidden

#76358 Nov 27, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that one. I don't recall seeing it.
Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, both candidates for the presidency under your party, support banning birth control. Michele Bachmann has stated this as well. Paul Ryan and Romney both are opposed to free birth control (which has been *proven* to reduce unwanted pregnancies AND abortion rates), or anyone paying for it other than yourself (i.e., shouldn't be covered under employee health plans).

Location hidden

#76359 Nov 27, 2012
As for the racist policies of our government, NUMEROUS city officials have gone on record for past decisions, *admitting* that freeways and other major infrastructure were purposely done in black neighborhoods, because they didn't have the voting power to stop it.

Location hidden

#76360 Nov 27, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!?
That's just our government, period, at work. Although, southern Democrats became REpublicans when the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Location hidden

#76361 Nov 27, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!?
No, the big differences is the Democrats in power would like to help the little guy. The disenfranchised. The middle class. THE GOP has no interest in any of that.

Location hidden

#76362 Nov 27, 2012
Meanwhile, my party wants to give money away to poor people too lazy to work. We all have our failings, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DBWriter 1,125,134
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min Frijoles 69,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min grave digger 47,485
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Boy G 50,596
Abby 10-20 1 hr Ralph 10
Amy 10-11 1 hr Stina2 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,280
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]