“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76279 Nov 26, 2012
Why the Giants demolished the Packers.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--pep-talk-fr...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76280 Nov 26, 2012
RACE wrote:
That's very cool. I sent that to my packers fans coworkers, told them the packers did a good thing by rolling over last night. ;)

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76281 Nov 26, 2012
Hubby was almost seriously looking for a couple other beer groupies to go in on a pallet of beer from Alaska. for the longest time, it hasn't been available here, unless you were leaving chicago on an Alaskan Airlines plane, by anything smaller than a pallet that had to be dropp shipped to a warehouse. he works near his company's main warehouse, so it was feasible, but nothing came of it.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76282 Nov 26, 2012
jess, i'm a firm believer in going with the cravings. tehre's a reason you want it, nutritionally or psychologically, so as long as it's only once in awhile, don't sweat it...

JMW, neato cool!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76283 Nov 26, 2012
RACE wrote:
Because Packers suck?

I'll admit, I didn't click on the link. Maybe I will now, though.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76284 Nov 26, 2012
Hey Race, I'd like to thank your Giants for taking the Packers out to the woodshed last night.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#76285 Nov 26, 2012
Prudy: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prude...

Some interesting ones!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76286 Nov 26, 2012
The pleasure was all mine!
Sublime1 wrote:
Hey Race, I'd like to thank your Giants for taking the Packers out to the woodshed last night.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76287 Nov 26, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
There is a reason my husband usually does the grocery shopping without me. I am an impulse buyer. I saw velveeta and had to have it. It wasn't on sale, but I didn't care. I had velveeta and hormel chili dip for lunch today. I feel kinda gross now, but it was So Good!
Yum! Velveeta grilled cheese sandwiches are the best.

My dad and sister have a lot of junk food laying around the house and I helped myself. I owe my dad at least one can of Easy Cheese and a bag of those sugar coated gumdrops. Spice Drops? I'd be so flipping fat if we kept that kind of stuff around the house. No self-control.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76288 Nov 26, 2012
RACE wrote:
The pleasure was all mine!
<quoted text>
I bet they were all crying on the airplane ride home.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76289 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
Some interesting ones!
Interesting ones indeed!

L1: Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Even if you were ready to reconcile, Christmas dinner is not the time to do it.

L2: Ballsy. You got suckered out of $100. Did you at least get leftovers?

L3: Ha ha ha, gross. "...so if you don't take notice of the paintings he might not even focus on them." Yeah, bullcrap. Were you not 5 once? Five-year-olds are obsessed with that stuff.

L4: Well, that will make girl's night out awkward no matter what. Cut ties and move along.

L5: Just have your pre-fab answer all ready. "I have plans already but thank you for asking." Move along. I fail to believe that *this* is the hardest thing about suddenly losing your parents. People are just trying to be nice.

Abortion letter: Inpatient therapy for getting over an abortion? Really?

Baby shower letter: WTF do you think 'hosting' means? Have you ever had to pay for any other shower you've attended as a guest? Also, "All the food is going to cost quite a bit"? Why is that? 10 people, a $15 cake from the grocery store, some finger foods and some pop. How hard is that? Or make a cake for $5...

Guardianship letter: Shoulda told her that when she was knocked up with #3. But yeah, she gets to crank out kids indefinitly and expects you to be ready with the Partridge Family bus at her funeral? F that. I'd say even agreeing to take on one kid is generous.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76290 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
Some interesting ones!
L1 (cheating husband & sister): What Matilda said.

L2 ($50/head for Turkey Day): You should have pulled your brother aside and a) found out if he was on board with this and b) told him there's no way you're paying.

L3 (naked paintings): also what Matilda said.

L4 (accused molestation): what Prudie said, I guess, but I'd want to get to the bottom of this. Either the kid is effed up for making this up, something happened that he misinterpreted, or the LW's son is lying.

L5 (dead parents): A listserv announcement seems over the top, and to me the idea of my friends going around telling everyone not to invite me over for the holidays is uncomfortable at best. Gotta go with Matilda again: come up with a canned answer, use as often as necessary.

L6 (abortion): If you really need inpatient therapy... gosh, I don't know. Says a lot about abortion....

L7 (baby shower): What Prudie said. Did you really not consider the cost before offering to do it?

L8 (guardianship): This should have been spelled out at least two kids ago. I don't think the LW and his wife should end up having to take on four kids, but I think the cruelest thing for kids who just lost their parents would be to split them up. Their parents should start asking grandparents, other relatives, or close friends if anyone *would* take on the whole family.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76291 Nov 26, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
"Dammit I'm mad" spelled backwards is "dammit I'm mad!"
"Boobytrap" backwards is "partyboob."
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#76292 Nov 26, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum! Velveeta grilled cheese sandwiches are the best.
With bacon and tomato.

Check out the Napoleon and the Tradicion (on page 2):

https://cheesieschicago.com/menu/page/2/

And this place serves booze AND Capri Suns!
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76293 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
Some interesting ones!
1.(Is It Time To Get Over It?) Sister and ex would be dead to me, the ex might fall prey to the infamous "mysterious circumstances."

2.($50) SIL would have gotten a big "F' you" and your brother should refund everyone's money.

3.(Prude) Let it be, let it be.

4.(Confused) A child says they're innocent and parent believes them. Shocker. Just tell the friend your son is on his own and things will play out as they do.

5.(Boundaries After a Death) Yes, yes, it's so rough having people care about you. Shush. You're a teacher and this social situation is too much for you to bear? Buck up, you're being a poor example of grace and appreciation.

6.(Baby shower cost) So you want the gratitude for hosting but not the responsibility, eh? Very simply, ask people to bring an app or a beverage. It's not that hard.

Location hidden

#76294 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Packers suck?
I'll admit, I didn't click on the link. Maybe I will now, though.
It's a very good story about a sick kid.

Location hidden

#76295 Nov 26, 2012
L1: Eff your sister. I doubt I'd ever forgive her. I feel for your parents, and your niece, who has a fucking asshole whore for a mother.

L2: You're a fool for writing the check. SIL needs to be publicly shamed. I'd start with Facebook.

L3: Screw the kids.*I* don't want to see nude pictures of peopel I know. Get a hotel room or rent a house like a normal family.

L4: Your son probably did do it. That said, I agree with your daughter.

L5: Crotch punches. You can register for them at www.cheluzal.com .

L6: bullshit, prudie. Plenty of people get through their lives without knowing an uncle, niece, cousin, and everything is fine. Get over it.

L7: Why would you ask prudie? Why not ask your abortion provider? My goodness, use your brain if you're not going to use your uterus!

L8: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Either HOST the party or don't. Do not charge. If you can't afford to host, DON'T DO IT.

L9: Your sister is out of line. And you are STUPID for thinking it's okay to split the kids up.

Location hidden

#76296 Nov 26, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
L6 (abortion): If you really need inpatient therapy... gosh, I don't know. Says a lot about abortion....
The women I've known (several) who'ev had an abortion were very okay with it afterwards. Maybe a bit sad at the loss of an unknown future, but they knew they'd made the right choice.

But this woman... I have to wonder how much she thought this through. I wonder how sure she was when she went through with it. Because I"ve not known any friend to need therapy afterwards.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#76297 Nov 26, 2012
L1 (cheating husband & sister): I don't think I'd speak to that sister. Ever. Until I realized I dodged a big bullet. Still. You don't do that to family. Guess some people do.
L2 ($50/head for Turkey Day): You should have charged her for the dish you brought. Same amount.:)
L3 (naked paintings): Weird
L4 (accused molestation): I'd want to get to the bottom of this. Either the kid is effed up for making this up, something happened that he misinterpreted, or the LW's son is lying. The answer won't come quick if ever. You probably did lose your friend.
L5 (dead parents): I agree -- the idea of my friends going around telling everyone not to invite me over for the holidays is uncomfortable at best. Canned answer is the best answer.
L6 (abortion): Get what you need from therapy. There's cheaper therapy. It might have stirred up stuff you didn't even realize was bothering you.
L7 (baby shower): This is just stupid. No, no, no -- don't charge the guests.
L8 (guardianship): Have to agree -- it's cruel for kids who just lost their parents would be to split. Their parents should start asking grandparents, other relatives, or close friends if anyone *would* take on the whole family.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#76298 Nov 26, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a very good story about a sick kid.
Yes. It was a good story. Make a Wish is a good one. Football players should not need a child who might die to make them play their best, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,144,204
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 180,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,797
Julieanne Zenz 3 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr DonPanic 48,590
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 4 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 5 hr servonazis 17
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs