Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76271 Nov 26, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
My parents are FedExing me a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers.
:)
Seriously? That's cool.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#76272 Nov 26, 2012
You should have come down here, I still have 1/2 bird left!
j_m_w wrote:
My parents are FedExing me a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers.
:)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76273 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? That's cool.
Yeah, my dad was teasing me about missing out on his stuffing so I told him to freeze and FedEx some. My mom just emailed me to tell me that my turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy will arrive tomorrow morning. She also suggested I pick up some cranberry sauce and green beans.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76274 Nov 26, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, my dad was teasing me about missing out on his stuffing so I told him to freeze and FedEx some. My mom just emailed me to tell me that my turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy will arrive tomorrow morning. She also suggested I pick up some cranberry sauce and green beans.
Tell your mother she has set an impossibly high bar for the rest of us with kids who aren't in town.

You lucky kid, you

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76275 Nov 26, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Tell your mother she has set an impossibly high bar for the rest of us with kids who aren't in town.
You lucky kid, you
I seem to recall your spending not a small amount of money to ship something like a keg of rootbeer to your kid!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76276 Nov 26, 2012
There is a reason my husband usually does the grocery shopping without me. I am an impulse buyer. I saw velveeta and had to have it. It wasn't on sale, but I didn't care. I had velveeta and hormel chili dip for lunch today. I feel kinda gross now, but it was So Good!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76277 Nov 26, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, my dad was teasing me about missing out on his stuffing so I told him to freeze and FedEx some. My mom just emailed me to tell me that my turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy will arrive tomorrow morning. She also suggested I pick up some cranberry sauce and green beans.
That is AWESOME!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#76278 Nov 26, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to recall your spending not a small amount of money to ship something like a keg of rootbeer to your kid!
A case, not a keg, but yeah, that I did

#76279 Nov 26, 2012
Why the Giants demolished the Packers.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--pep-talk-fr...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76280 Nov 26, 2012
RACE wrote:
That's very cool. I sent that to my packers fans coworkers, told them the packers did a good thing by rolling over last night. ;)

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76281 Nov 26, 2012
Hubby was almost seriously looking for a couple other beer groupies to go in on a pallet of beer from Alaska. for the longest time, it hasn't been available here, unless you were leaving chicago on an Alaskan Airlines plane, by anything smaller than a pallet that had to be dropp shipped to a warehouse. he works near his company's main warehouse, so it was feasible, but nothing came of it.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#76282 Nov 26, 2012
jess, i'm a firm believer in going with the cravings. tehre's a reason you want it, nutritionally or psychologically, so as long as it's only once in awhile, don't sweat it...

JMW, neato cool!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#76283 Nov 26, 2012
RACE wrote:
Because Packers suck?

I'll admit, I didn't click on the link. Maybe I will now, though.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76284 Nov 26, 2012
Hey Race, I'd like to thank your Giants for taking the Packers out to the woodshed last night.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#76285 Nov 26, 2012
Prudy: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prude...

Some interesting ones!

#76286 Nov 26, 2012
The pleasure was all mine!
Sublime1 wrote:
Hey Race, I'd like to thank your Giants for taking the Packers out to the woodshed last night.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76287 Nov 26, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
There is a reason my husband usually does the grocery shopping without me. I am an impulse buyer. I saw velveeta and had to have it. It wasn't on sale, but I didn't care. I had velveeta and hormel chili dip for lunch today. I feel kinda gross now, but it was So Good!
Yum! Velveeta grilled cheese sandwiches are the best.

My dad and sister have a lot of junk food laying around the house and I helped myself. I owe my dad at least one can of Easy Cheese and a bag of those sugar coated gumdrops. Spice Drops? I'd be so flipping fat if we kept that kind of stuff around the house. No self-control.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#76288 Nov 26, 2012
RACE wrote:
The pleasure was all mine!
<quoted text>
I bet they were all crying on the airplane ride home.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76289 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
Some interesting ones!
Interesting ones indeed!

L1: Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Even if you were ready to reconcile, Christmas dinner is not the time to do it.

L2: Ballsy. You got suckered out of $100. Did you at least get leftovers?

L3: Ha ha ha, gross. "...so if you don't take notice of the paintings he might not even focus on them." Yeah, bullcrap. Were you not 5 once? Five-year-olds are obsessed with that stuff.

L4: Well, that will make girl's night out awkward no matter what. Cut ties and move along.

L5: Just have your pre-fab answer all ready. "I have plans already but thank you for asking." Move along. I fail to believe that *this* is the hardest thing about suddenly losing your parents. People are just trying to be nice.

Abortion letter: Inpatient therapy for getting over an abortion? Really?

Baby shower letter: WTF do you think 'hosting' means? Have you ever had to pay for any other shower you've attended as a guest? Also, "All the food is going to cost quite a bit"? Why is that? 10 people, a $15 cake from the grocery store, some finger foods and some pop. How hard is that? Or make a cake for $5...

Guardianship letter: Shoulda told her that when she was knocked up with #3. But yeah, she gets to crank out kids indefinitly and expects you to be ready with the Partridge Family bus at her funeral? F that. I'd say even agreeing to take on one kid is generous.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76290 Nov 26, 2012
Toj wrote:
Some interesting ones!
L1 (cheating husband & sister): What Matilda said.

L2 ($50/head for Turkey Day): You should have pulled your brother aside and a) found out if he was on board with this and b) told him there's no way you're paying.

L3 (naked paintings): also what Matilda said.

L4 (accused molestation): what Prudie said, I guess, but I'd want to get to the bottom of this. Either the kid is effed up for making this up, something happened that he misinterpreted, or the LW's son is lying.

L5 (dead parents): A listserv announcement seems over the top, and to me the idea of my friends going around telling everyone not to invite me over for the holidays is uncomfortable at best. Gotta go with Matilda again: come up with a canned answer, use as often as necessary.

L6 (abortion): If you really need inpatient therapy... gosh, I don't know. Says a lot about abortion....

L7 (baby shower): What Prudie said. Did you really not consider the cost before offering to do it?

L8 (guardianship): This should have been spelled out at least two kids ago. I don't think the LW and his wife should end up having to take on four kids, but I think the cruelest thing for kids who just lost their parents would be to split them up. Their parents should start asking grandparents, other relatives, or close friends if anyone *would* take on the whole family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min loose cannon 207,314
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min positronium 1,345,615
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Russell797 57,152
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,292
News Teen Charged After Pouring Boiling Water on Cat... 2 hr racist observation 2
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,630
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Red_Forman 589
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages