Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76251 Nov 25, 2012
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/T07AKOFPGIHB601S8#lastPos t
Abby.
(Other early birds are encouraged to post the girls on weekends. Let's not see the same hands all the time, class)
First one up has to post, that's the rule.

I'm laid off all next week (thanks, Obama!) and plan to sleep in!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76252 Nov 25, 2012
"Dammit I'm mad" spelled backwards is "dammit I'm mad!"

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76253 Nov 25, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
First one up has to post, that's the rule.
I'm laid off all next week (thanks, Obama!) and plan to sleep in!
Let's see. Obama care does not kick in for a while yet.

Th banks were bailed out 4 years ago starting under Bush and are presumably back to free market functioning.

How, precisely does Obama or his policies affect that you have a week lay off? Is your whole plant on a seasonal shut down? do you sell lots of widgets to Europe which has gone back into recession but which has nothing to do with Obama? Did that happen before January 2009?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76254 Nov 25, 2012
PEllen wrote:
How, precisely does Obama or his policies affect that you have a week lay off? Is your whole plant on a seasonal shut down? do you sell lots of widgets to Europe which has gone back into recession but which has nothing to do with Obama? Did that happen before January 2009?
Orders are down, much of our manufacturing has moved to China and Mexico, and this is directly related to Bamy's policies on business. I was laid off for a bit in 09, and looks like I'll be laid off for a bit next year. And Obamacare hasn't even started yet! The outlook for 2013 seems bleak indeed!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76255 Nov 25, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see. Obama care does not kick in for a while yet.
Th banks were bailed out 4 years ago starting under Bush and are presumably back to free market functioning.
How, precisely does Obama or his policies affect that you have a week lay off? Is your whole plant on a seasonal shut down? do you sell lots of widgets to Europe which has gone back into recession but which has nothing to do with Obama? Did that happen before January 2009?
Mitch McConnell and other leaders of the GOP have modified their vow. They NOW want to make sure Barack Obama will only be a TWO term president.

So, to that end, every bad thing that happens to every republican is directly attributed to Barack Obama. It's like "6 Degrees of Separation" except without five of those degrees or Kevin Bacon.

It might work! I seriously doubt Barack Obama will see a third term!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76256 Nov 25, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
this is directly related to Bamy's policies on business.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/senate-gop-kil...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76257 Nov 25, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Noted, but the article was from July 2012.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76258 Nov 25, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Mitch McConnell and other leaders of the GOP have modified their vow. They NOW want to make sure Barack Obama will only be a TWO term president.
So, to that end, every bad thing that happens to every republican is directly attributed to Barack Obama. It's like "6 Degrees of Separation" except without five of those degrees or Kevin Bacon.
It might work! I seriously doubt Barack Obama will see a third term!
Why, how dare they?!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76259 Nov 25, 2012
Go Bears!!3058

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76260 Nov 25, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Orders are down, much of our manufacturing has moved to China and Mexico, and this is directly related to Bamy's policies on business. I was laid off for a bit in 09, and looks like I'll be laid off for a bit next year. And Obamacare hasn't even started yet! The outlook for 2013 seems bleak indeed!
Businesses were moving their HQ oversears under Reagan, Bush, Bush 2. At least Obama wants to go after them for the taxes they're avoiding paying.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76261 Nov 25, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Noted, but the article was from July 2012.
Yeah, but that's only 4 months ago. Things haven't changed that much.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76262 Nov 25, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Noted, but the article was from July 2012.
The idea is to bring 3rd world wages here..."because of free market competition..." To accomplish that, Unions must be destroyed.

"First they came for the Trade Unionists. But, I was not a Trade Unionist..."

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76263 Nov 25, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Four years of nothing and you people are still blaming it on Republicans.

Bain Capital has created more American jobs than any of our president's tax funded socialist programs.

Woo hoo Bears!!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76264 Nov 25, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Go Bears!!3058
I love it that you're an anti-Vikings fan, especially today. Bears started out looking lame for the first few minute and quickly turned that around.

Man! That was a fun, fun game. Now the Packers need to lose. I think maybe I saw that Race was a Giants fan. I will be rooting for the Giants against the Pack.

After that mess on that Monday night game against SF, the Bears had to play excellent -- and they did. It's not so much that the back-up quarterback isn't good (he's not that good), it's that the Bears need the team leadership Cutler gives.

Happy dance! Bears win!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76265 Nov 25, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Four years of nothing and you people are still blaming it on Republicans.
Bain Capital has created more American jobs than any of our president's tax funded socialist programs.
Woo hoo Bears!!
Well, we agree on the Bears. Bain Capital, like all bankers, are in it for what they can get away with. That's the game of investment bankers. To use football analogy -- if the regulators don't see it, and they don't get penalized, is it really against the law? I believe that's the thinking.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76266 Nov 26, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Bain Capital has created more American jobs than any of our president's tax funded socialist programs.
!
100% false.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76267 Nov 26, 2012
I'll go try to post the columns.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76268 Nov 26, 2012
Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8B1PG1TSI...

Abby isn't showing up yet.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76269 Nov 26, 2012

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76270 Nov 26, 2012
My parents are FedExing me a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,278,748
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Into The Night 54,622
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,173
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 49 min Whiny1 6,447
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 1 hr We want you 8
abby 9-4-15 2 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 5
ask amy 9-4-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages