Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.
Now J is saying she has changed her mind.
So she lied in order to get married.
And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.
Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.
Misrepresenting willingness to have children is grounds for an annulment.Catholics: I think this will support a religious annulment, too?

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Misrepresenting willingness to have children is grounds for an annulment.Catholics: I think this will support a religious annulment, too?
That is one of the big reasons for an annulment. Part of the vows are agreeing to have children and raising them in the Catholic faith.

I don't understand people who rush into life changing decisions without thinking them through. Who wants to bet that J will change her mind as soon as she holds her friend's sleeping baby next week or sees a friend's adorable 6 year old dressed up in her new Christmas clothes?

Ugh.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

could be PSA?
Jess in NJ wrote:
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the big reasons for an annulment. Part of the vows are agreeing to have children and raising them in the Catholic faith.
I don't understand people who rush into life changing decisions without thinking them through. Who wants to bet that J will change her mind as soon as she holds her friend's sleeping baby next week or sees a friend's adorable 6 year old dressed up in her new Christmas clothes?
Ugh.
I don't think so -- she seems very uncomfortable and awkward around kids, and she was holding someone's baby last year and it spit up on her, and she CRIED.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so -- she seems very uncomfortable and awkward around kids, and she was holding someone's baby last year and it spit up on her, and she CRIED.
Wow. And I thought I was not maternal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And I thought I was not maternal.
AT the wedding shower D's family threw for the couple, one of D's sisters-in-law made a rather harsh comment to J (J had been complaining that the toddler didn't want anything to do with her, the kid's mom said "Well, you guys never come to any family gatherings, so the kid doesn't know you"). What did J do? Did she go to the bathroom to cry and compose herselr? No. She walked outside, crying, and stood out on the sidewalk -- in view of everyone in the house and in the 'hood -- and bawled like a baby.

So she's hypersensitive AND a drama queen who loves attention.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
AT the wedding shower D's family threw for the couple, one of D's sisters-in-law made a rather harsh comment to J (J had been complaining that the toddler didn't want anything to do with her, the kid's mom said "Well, you guys never come to any family gatherings, so the kid doesn't know you"). What did J do? Did she go to the bathroom to cry and compose herselr? No. She walked outside, crying, and stood out on the sidewalk -- in view of everyone in the house and in the 'hood -- and bawled like a baby.
So she's hypersensitive AND a drama queen who loves attention.
*blink, blink* Sheeeee's a keeper!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, she's nutso. Like Matilda said, I know *I'm* not maternal by any stretch, but geez... babies spit up. It's what they do. I cannot under any circumstances imagine crying over that.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That just sounds immature. I wasn't comfortable around kids, either, until I had my own. Not that I am suggesting she should have kids when she is not sure about it - far from it. Just that everything you have said about her over all of the past posts points to immaturity, not conviction.

Maturity has nothing to do with chronological age.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That just sounds immature. I wasn't comfortable around kids, either, until I had my own. Not that I am suggesting she should have kids when she is not sure about it - far from it. Just that everything you have said about her over all of the past posts points to immaturity, not conviction.
Maturity has nothing to do with chronological age.
Oh, immaturity all over the place! She also has cried when someone dropped an F bomb in front of her. She's intolerable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

However: To lie about wanting kids is a HORRID thing to do to someone else. That's a crazy degree of narcissism or self-absorption. "I want what I want so I'm going to lie about this really big thing in order to get it."

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
However: To lie about wanting kids is a HORRID thing to do to someone else. That's a crazy degree of narcissism or self-absorption. "I want what I want so I'm going to lie about this really big thing in order to get it."
No, that is horrid. I put it up there with women who lie about being on birth control and get pregnant to *save* a relationship. Only in D's situation, he has a way out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Holy. Crap. I just priced portable dishwashers for the first time. They start at nearly $600.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, immaturity all over the place! She also has cried when someone dropped an F bomb in front of her. She's intolerable.
F*&^ her.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)
You're right about that. She's way more sensitive to that kind of stuff. My mom thinks the kids should just buck up and deal.

I decided this might be the last vacation we do together with them. She always makes me feel like I'm still 12 years old.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about that. She's way more sensitive to that kind of stuff. My mom thinks the kids should just buck up and deal.
I decided this might be the last vacation we do together with them. She always makes me feel like I'm still 12 years old.
No reasonable person would blame you one bit.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I totally neglected to post yesterday about Rutgers moving to the Big 10. Woo hoo!

This is pretty much all my husband and I have been talking about for the past 2 days (he hates RU and thinks this will destroy their football program). I am so excited, both for their athletic and academic opportunities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
I totally neglected to post yesterday about Rutgers moving to the Big 10. Woo hoo!
This is pretty much all my husband and I have been talking about for the past 2 days (he hates RU and thinks this will destroy their football program). I am so excited, both for their athletic and academic opportunities.
I wonder when they're gonig to give it up and just rename it what it is -- the Big 13 (or whatever it is right now).

But welcome to Big 10 country! Go Hawkeyes!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder when they're gonig to give it up and just rename it what it is -- the Big 13 (or whatever it is right now).
But welcome to Big 10 country! Go Hawkeyes!
Just call it the I-80 Corridor and be done with it.

Jss- how do you figure that will change academic opportunities?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago