|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I just need to keep an eye and ear out for danger and just be there for her to talk to, etc. in the meantime.
Jasper kind of called me out on gossiping and being negative about all this stuff yesterday (I've told him everything I've told you guys), and he has a point. Of course, I'm not talking about it with the intention of gossiping but that's kind of the end result either way, I guess. Plus he really doesn't want to hear every repetitive detail anymore since he'll be working with A as of next Monday.
Vent away to us (even when I'm not commenting, I'm stopping by to read). It sucks to feel helpless.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I just need to keep an eye and ear out for danger and just be there for her to talk to, etc. in the meantime.
Jasper kind of called me out on gossiping and being negative about all this stuff yesterday (I've told him everything I've told you guys), and he has a point. Of course, I'm not talking about it with the intention of gossiping but that's kind of the end result either way, I guess. Plus he really doesn't want to hear every repetitive detail anymore since he'll be working with A as of next Monday.
Nick feels the same way about us friends bashing Dillian. He doesn't understand why we care enough to spend the time bashing.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick feels the same way about us friends bashing Dillian. He doesn't understand why we care enough to spend the time bashing.
It's just fun knowing you're better than someone! ;-P

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Vent away to us (even when I'm not commenting, I'm stopping by to read). It sucks to feel helpless.
Thanks! Yeah, you guys don't count. ;) I'll just stop venting to HIM, unless I need his actual help with something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just fun knowing you're better than someone! ;-P
The latest dillian gripe from us:“You’re too poor to pay for alcohol for your wedding but you posted pictures on FB of the engraved cake forks you got each other to eat your wedding cake with?”

(Plus pics of the new car they bought three days before the wedding, and pics of all the extra stuff they did in Hawaii, and now pics of the new king-size bed they got with the money from wedding gifts -- FB shout-out was their TY note.)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Go Bears! This is going to be a dicey game with Cutler out. Hope the defense and special teams really shine tonight!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking SF is going to crush them. Cringe. I want the Bears to win, but I'm preparing myself for the worse.

You'll probably all hear me from where you are, screaming at the screen. It's okay -- that's just how I watch football.:)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
Squish, I hope you guys have an awesome time!
If we can refrain from killing my mom and step-dad because of their almost constant bickering, we will.

We went to Animal Kingdom today. All was well until we went to the It's Tough to be a Bug 3D/4D show. My kids HATE HATE HATE HATE that sh!t and grandma just said we should do this without telling me what it intailed. So Dickie and I spent the whole time holding two crying children. They loved everything else we did.

But the weather could be better. It's warmer in Chicago right now. Hoping tomorrow will be warmer with at least a hint of the sun.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does anyone here plan to buy christmas gifts for their pets? I got some cat toys for Rose, from Etsy, today, and I have a package of 20 more coming this week. I got a ton of toy mice from under/behind furniture this weekend, so she's set. So I think i"ll actually wrap the new ones loosely in wrapping paper and see if they can have some fun getting the toys out.
We're going to hit up my sister for some stuff for the pig. Lulu saw the harness and REALLY wants to be able to walk him in the summer. I want a little carrying case for when we clean out the cage. He keeps eating the laundry basket we're currently using.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Sigh. Good I am mentally prepared.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to hit up my sister for some stuff for the pig. Lulu saw the harness and REALLY wants to be able to walk him in the summer. I want a little carrying case for when we clean out the cage. He keeps eating the laundry basket we're currently using.
For a fleeting moment I thought, When did they get a potbelly pig?

I know.
Guinea pig.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

squishymama wrote:
We went to Animal Kingdom today. All was well until we went to the It's Tough to be a Bug 3D/4D show. My kids HATE HATE HATE HATE that sh!t and grandma just said we should do this without telling me what it intailed. So Dickie and I spent the whole time holding two crying children. They loved everything else we did.
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I tried to get my kid to go to Butterfly Garden...No way, No how. I doubt she would have even gotten out of the car.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, she's probably going to be disappointed. Those suckers don't really *walk* per se. The do love grass, though. And dandelion greens.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RACE wrote:
I tried to get my kid to go to Butterfly Garden...No way, No how. I doubt she would have even gotten out of the car.
<quoted text>
I'm with her. Butterflies are less skeevy than a lot of bugs, but...they're still bugs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Plus, a lot of butterflies die in those "Gardens."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Actually, all of them do.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Plus, a lot of butterflies die in those "Gardens."

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with her. Butterflies are less skeevy than a lot of bugs, but...they're still bugs.
The butterfly garden and the bird aviary where you can feed the birds with birdseed on a stick are my boys' favorite part of our local zoo.

I am worried that my boys will be the ones who try to jump into the other exhibits to get closer to the animals.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,081 - 75,100 of97,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min THE DEBIL 1,072,824
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,548
Make 1000$ instantly 1 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 407
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 173,742
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 4 hr wow 1
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000