“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76094 Nov 20, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?

I think Red Cross confines itself to asking for donations to Red Cross pertinent to a specific disaster. We have some of the commercials on the radio.

BTW Given my parents situation, I have increasing respect for what you have done for your grandparents.

Getting old sucks

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76095 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.
Now J is saying she has changed her mind.
So she lied in order to get married.
And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.
Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.
Oh, Dillian. You so crazy.

Seriously, though, that is effed up.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76096 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any commercials for that. M ust be an East Coast thing.
I watch a lot of Comcast On Demand. They are playing on there constantly.

Ha! My number is 1666 in a post where I mention Comcast.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76097 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.
Now J is saying she has changed her mind.
So she lied in order to get married.
And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.
Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.
Misrepresenting willingness to have children is grounds for an annulment.Catholics: I think this will support a religious annulment, too?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76098 Nov 20, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Misrepresenting willingness to have children is grounds for an annulment.Catholics: I think this will support a religious annulment, too?
That is one of the big reasons for an annulment. Part of the vows are agreeing to have children and raising them in the Catholic faith.

I don't understand people who rush into life changing decisions without thinking them through. Who wants to bet that J will change her mind as soon as she holds her friend's sleeping baby next week or sees a friend's adorable 6 year old dressed up in her new Christmas clothes?

Ugh.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#76099 Nov 20, 2012
could be PSA?
Jess in NJ wrote:
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76100 Nov 20, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the big reasons for an annulment. Part of the vows are agreeing to have children and raising them in the Catholic faith.
I don't understand people who rush into life changing decisions without thinking them through. Who wants to bet that J will change her mind as soon as she holds her friend's sleeping baby next week or sees a friend's adorable 6 year old dressed up in her new Christmas clothes?
Ugh.
I don't think so -- she seems very uncomfortable and awkward around kids, and she was holding someone's baby last year and it spit up on her, and she CRIED.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76101 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so -- she seems very uncomfortable and awkward around kids, and she was holding someone's baby last year and it spit up on her, and she CRIED.
Wow. And I thought I was not maternal.

Location hidden

#76102 Nov 20, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And I thought I was not maternal.
AT the wedding shower D's family threw for the couple, one of D's sisters-in-law made a rather harsh comment to J (J had been complaining that the toddler didn't want anything to do with her, the kid's mom said "Well, you guys never come to any family gatherings, so the kid doesn't know you"). What did J do? Did she go to the bathroom to cry and compose herselr? No. She walked outside, crying, and stood out on the sidewalk -- in view of everyone in the house and in the 'hood -- and bawled like a baby.

So she's hypersensitive AND a drama queen who loves attention.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76103 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
AT the wedding shower D's family threw for the couple, one of D's sisters-in-law made a rather harsh comment to J (J had been complaining that the toddler didn't want anything to do with her, the kid's mom said "Well, you guys never come to any family gatherings, so the kid doesn't know you"). What did J do? Did she go to the bathroom to cry and compose herselr? No. She walked outside, crying, and stood out on the sidewalk -- in view of everyone in the house and in the 'hood -- and bawled like a baby.
So she's hypersensitive AND a drama queen who loves attention.
*blink, blink* Sheeeee's a keeper!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76104 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, she's nutso. Like Matilda said, I know *I'm* not maternal by any stretch, but geez... babies spit up. It's what they do. I cannot under any circumstances imagine crying over that.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76105 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That just sounds immature. I wasn't comfortable around kids, either, until I had my own. Not that I am suggesting she should have kids when she is not sure about it - far from it. Just that everything you have said about her over all of the past posts points to immaturity, not conviction.

Maturity has nothing to do with chronological age.

Location hidden

#76106 Nov 20, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That just sounds immature. I wasn't comfortable around kids, either, until I had my own. Not that I am suggesting she should have kids when she is not sure about it - far from it. Just that everything you have said about her over all of the past posts points to immaturity, not conviction.
Maturity has nothing to do with chronological age.
Oh, immaturity all over the place! She also has cried when someone dropped an F bomb in front of her. She's intolerable.

Location hidden

#76107 Nov 20, 2012
However: To lie about wanting kids is a HORRID thing to do to someone else. That's a crazy degree of narcissism or self-absorption. "I want what I want so I'm going to lie about this really big thing in order to get it."

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76108 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
However: To lie about wanting kids is a HORRID thing to do to someone else. That's a crazy degree of narcissism or self-absorption. "I want what I want so I'm going to lie about this really big thing in order to get it."
No, that is horrid. I put it up there with women who lie about being on birth control and get pregnant to *save* a relationship. Only in D's situation, he has a way out.

Location hidden

#76109 Nov 20, 2012
Holy. Crap. I just priced portable dishwashers for the first time. They start at nearly $600.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#76110 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, immaturity all over the place! She also has cried when someone dropped an F bomb in front of her. She's intolerable.
F*&^ her.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#76111 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)
You're right about that. She's way more sensitive to that kind of stuff. My mom thinks the kids should just buck up and deal.

I decided this might be the last vacation we do together with them. She always makes me feel like I'm still 12 years old.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76112 Nov 20, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about that. She's way more sensitive to that kind of stuff. My mom thinks the kids should just buck up and deal.
I decided this might be the last vacation we do together with them. She always makes me feel like I'm still 12 years old.
No reasonable person would blame you one bit.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76113 Nov 21, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Pops 1,144,235
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,798
Pierre de Coubertin And Emancipation Proclamation (Jun '12) 1 hr fukuda 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 180,954
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 70,627
My true thoughts about this song. 4 hr WhyNotLookAtHer 3
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 4 hr TheyfuckUsAll 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance