Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76080 Nov 19, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to hit up my sister for some stuff for the pig. Lulu saw the harness and REALLY wants to be able to walk him in the summer. I want a little carrying case for when we clean out the cage. He keeps eating the laundry basket we're currently using.
For a fleeting moment I thought, When did they get a potbelly pig?

I know.
Guinea pig.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76081 Nov 20, 2012

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76082 Nov 20, 2012
squishymama wrote:
We went to Animal Kingdom today. All was well until we went to the It's Tough to be a Bug 3D/4D show. My kids HATE HATE HATE HATE that sh!t and grandma just said we should do this without telling me what it intailed. So Dickie and I spent the whole time holding two crying children. They loved everything else we did.
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#76083 Nov 20, 2012
I tried to get my kid to go to Butterfly Garden...No way, No how. I doubt she would have even gotten out of the car.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76084 Nov 20, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to hit up my sister for some stuff for the pig. Lulu saw the harness and REALLY wants to be able to walk him in the summer. I want a little carrying case for when we clean out the cage. He keeps eating the laundry basket we're currently using.
Ha, she's probably going to be disappointed. Those suckers don't really *walk* per se. The do love grass, though. And dandelion greens.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76085 Nov 20, 2012
RACE wrote:
I tried to get my kid to go to Butterfly Garden...No way, No how. I doubt she would have even gotten out of the car.
<quoted text>
I'm with her. Butterflies are less skeevy than a lot of bugs, but...they're still bugs.

Location hidden

#76086 Nov 20, 2012
Plus, a lot of butterflies die in those "Gardens."

Location hidden

#76087 Nov 20, 2012

#76088 Nov 20, 2012
Actually, all of them do.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Plus, a lot of butterflies die in those "Gardens."

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76089 Nov 20, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with her. Butterflies are less skeevy than a lot of bugs, but...they're still bugs.
The butterfly garden and the bird aviary where you can feed the birds with birdseed on a stick are my boys' favorite part of our local zoo.

I am worried that my boys will be the ones who try to jump into the other exhibits to get closer to the animals.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76090 Nov 20, 2012
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Location hidden

#76091 Nov 20, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?
I haven't seen any commercials for that. M ust be an East Coast thing.

Location hidden

#76092 Nov 20, 2012
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.

Now J is saying she has changed her mind.

So she lied in order to get married.

And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.

Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76093 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.
And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.
Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.
Wow. With friends like ours who make such stupid choices sometimes, it's a wonder you and I are so on top of our games and have all our shit together.
;)

That's nuts. If D is a good guy generally, I hope he heads for the hills and learns how to live the life he wants.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76094 Nov 20, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:

I think Red Cross confines itself to asking for donations to Red Cross pertinent to a specific disaster. We have some of the commercials on the radio.

BTW Given my parents situation, I have increasing respect for what you have done for your grandparents.

Getting old sucks

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76095 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, Dillian. You so crazy.

Seriously, though, that is effed up.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76096 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any commercials for that. M ust be an East Coast thing.
I watch a lot of Comcast On Demand. They are playing on there constantly.

Ha! My number is 1666 in a post where I mention Comcast.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#76097 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Misrepresenting willingness to have children is grounds for an annulment.Catholics: I think this will support a religious annulment, too?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76098 Nov 20, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Misrepresenting willingness to have children is grounds for an annulment.Catholics: I think this will support a religious annulment, too?
That is one of the big reasons for an annulment. Part of the vows are agreeing to have children and raising them in the Catholic faith.

I don't understand people who rush into life changing decisions without thinking them through. Who wants to bet that J will change her mind as soon as she holds her friend's sleeping baby next week or sees a friend's adorable 6 year old dressed up in her new Christmas clothes?

Ugh.

#76099 Nov 20, 2012
could be PSA?
Jess in NJ wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 194,339
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min EasyEed 1,262,014
Abby 7-28-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Mark 52,052
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr Lexus1985 1,698
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 5 hr Lexus1985 453
No reports of flash mobs recently? Because the... 5 hr Warning to tourists 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages