Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76074 Nov 19, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Vent away to us (even when I'm not commenting, I'm stopping by to read). It sucks to feel helpless.
Thanks! Yeah, you guys don't count. ;) I'll just stop venting to HIM, unless I need his actual help with something.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76075 Nov 19, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just fun knowing you're better than someone! ;-P
The latest dillian gripe from us:“You’re too poor to pay for alcohol for your wedding but you posted pictures on FB of the engraved cake forks you got each other to eat your wedding cake with?”

(Plus pics of the new car they bought three days before the wedding, and pics of all the extra stuff they did in Hawaii, and now pics of the new king-size bed they got with the money from wedding gifts -- FB shout-out was their TY note.)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76076 Nov 19, 2012
Go Bears! This is going to be a dicey game with Cutler out. Hope the defense and special teams really shine tonight!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking SF is going to crush them. Cringe. I want the Bears to win, but I'm preparing myself for the worse.

You'll probably all hear me from where you are, screaming at the screen. It's okay -- that's just how I watch football.:)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#76077 Nov 19, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Squish, I hope you guys have an awesome time!
If we can refrain from killing my mom and step-dad because of their almost constant bickering, we will.

We went to Animal Kingdom today. All was well until we went to the It's Tough to be a Bug 3D/4D show. My kids HATE HATE HATE HATE that sh!t and grandma just said we should do this without telling me what it intailed. So Dickie and I spent the whole time holding two crying children. They loved everything else we did.

But the weather could be better. It's warmer in Chicago right now. Hoping tomorrow will be warmer with at least a hint of the sun.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#76078 Nov 19, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does anyone here plan to buy christmas gifts for their pets? I got some cat toys for Rose, from Etsy, today, and I have a package of 20 more coming this week. I got a ton of toy mice from under/behind furniture this weekend, so she's set. So I think i"ll actually wrap the new ones loosely in wrapping paper and see if they can have some fun getting the toys out.
We're going to hit up my sister for some stuff for the pig. Lulu saw the harness and REALLY wants to be able to walk him in the summer. I want a little carrying case for when we clean out the cage. He keeps eating the laundry basket we're currently using.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76079 Nov 19, 2012
Sigh. Good I am mentally prepared.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76080 Nov 19, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to hit up my sister for some stuff for the pig. Lulu saw the harness and REALLY wants to be able to walk him in the summer. I want a little carrying case for when we clean out the cage. He keeps eating the laundry basket we're currently using.
For a fleeting moment I thought, When did they get a potbelly pig?

I know.
Guinea pig.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76081 Nov 20, 2012

Location hidden

#76082 Nov 20, 2012
squishymama wrote:
We went to Animal Kingdom today. All was well until we went to the It's Tough to be a Bug 3D/4D show. My kids HATE HATE HATE HATE that sh!t and grandma just said we should do this without telling me what it intailed. So Dickie and I spent the whole time holding two crying children. They loved everything else we did.
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#76083 Nov 20, 2012
I tried to get my kid to go to Butterfly Garden...No way, No how. I doubt she would have even gotten out of the car.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read this, I thought, "Your MIL would not pull that on you, a surprise that ends up freaking out the kids." (I like your MIL!)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76084 Nov 20, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, she's probably going to be disappointed. Those suckers don't really *walk* per se. The do love grass, though. And dandelion greens.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76085 Nov 20, 2012
RACE wrote:
I tried to get my kid to go to Butterfly Garden...No way, No how. I doubt she would have even gotten out of the car.
<quoted text>
I'm with her. Butterflies are less skeevy than a lot of bugs, but...they're still bugs.

Location hidden

#76086 Nov 20, 2012
Plus, a lot of butterflies die in those "Gardens."

Location hidden

#76087 Nov 20, 2012

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#76088 Nov 20, 2012
Actually, all of them do.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Plus, a lot of butterflies die in those "Gardens."

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76089 Nov 20, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with her. Butterflies are less skeevy than a lot of bugs, but...they're still bugs.
The butterfly garden and the bird aviary where you can feed the birds with birdseed on a stick are my boys' favorite part of our local zoo.

I am worried that my boys will be the ones who try to jump into the other exhibits to get closer to the animals.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#76090 Nov 20, 2012
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Location hidden

#76091 Nov 20, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Is the Red Cross paying for all of the commercials on TV requesting donations for assistance for Hurricane Sandy victims?
I haven't seen any commercials for that. M ust be an East Coast thing.

Location hidden

#76092 Nov 20, 2012
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.

Now J is saying she has changed her mind.

So she lied in order to get married.

And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.

Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#76093 Nov 20, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... Dillian. Remember, they moved in together after knowing each other 2- 3months. Got married a year after meeting. D has wanted kids for as long as he's been an adult. Loves kids. This would be a major dealbreaker issue for him.
Now J is saying she has changed her mind.
So she lied in order to get married.
And he'll stay married, most likely, out of stubbornness, since at least two of his brothers talked to him about this relationship not seeming to be a healthy, good fit.
Part of me thinks it's what he deserves for dating like an idiot. The other part of me wants him to get an annulment based on fraud, and leave her all alone in her idiocy.
Wow. With friends like ours who make such stupid choices sometimes, it's a wonder you and I are so on top of our games and have all our shit together.
;)

That's nuts. If D is a good guy generally, I hope he heads for the hills and learns how to live the life he wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,056
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min DBWriter 1,191,965
abby03-02-15 7 min Mister Tonka 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Mother Superior 51,366
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL 71,559
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 43 min RJS 7,962
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Terrible_Herbst 5,077
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 am PST