Comments
75,041 - 75,060 of 97,948 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#76035 Nov 18, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Having fun in Florida, except when my mom and step-dad are bickering (which happens alot). But we brought crappy weather with us, so not too happy to still have to be wearing coats. Love that the pools are heated, tho!
We just hung around the "villa" today. Went shopping at Publix. I LOVE that store; wish we could have some in Chicago.
We start our Disney adventure tomorrow. Wish me luck!
We do, but it's called "Meijer" I think.:) Meijer's has just about everything.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76038 Nov 18, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the details, Moon. I assume B settled his case against his employer?
I saw that you are going into RV- is this voluntary?
Yes, and yes. He is still getting attacks of vertigo, although thankfully not as often, but that means he can't do any roof work.(ours has a really steep pitch) We can't afford to hire all the things done that have to be done up there over the years. He can't lift as much as he could before, so a lot of the work on the house and yard is out, too. Same thing with that.
They wanted Bear to go back to school for re-training. Hello? His lack of short term memory and anger problems are tied with the pain for #1 on the list of symptoms he may never completely get over! Not a good combo for going back to school. I mean really,
does it make sense to send someone into a new school situation when they have severe short term memory loss?? To start on something completely new? No. So, we managed to get more on the settlement instead of him trying to do that.
If it hadn't been for the brain damage, he'd have LOVED to go back to school. Would have worked out even better for us short term, too, but this will be okay.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#76039 Nov 18, 2012
I met him!

He complained about being cold, about how cold it's going to be in PA over Thanksgiving, he yawned a lot, our mutual friend C (who knows a lot less than I do) told me privately that she thought he seemed controlling, he called me out on being 4 spaces off from my parking spot (he and A drove to my car at the end of the night because she's giving me some moving boxes).

Overall it wasn't a bad night, lots of laughs, but definitely a huge element of suspension of disbelief on my part.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#76040 Nov 18, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
I met him!
He complained about being cold, about how cold it's going to be in PA over Thanksgiving, he yawned a lot, our mutual friend C (who knows a lot less than I do) told me privately that she thought he seemed controlling, he called me out on being 4 spaces off from my parking spot (he and A drove to my car at the end of the night because she's giving me some moving boxes).
Overall it wasn't a bad night, lots of laughs, but definitely a huge element of suspension of disbelief on my part.
As in you couldn't believe what a whiny douche he was?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#76041 Nov 19, 2012

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76042 Nov 19, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love Meijer. It's like Wal-Mart, but, yanno...clean.
I am not a Wal-Mart fan but I often stop at the one on Veterans Parkway and that is clean and well stocked

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76043 Nov 19, 2012
Goodmorning. Long weekend of moving. Can't find the cable that connects my very old monitor to the outlet, so I can't hook up my old computer to get some files off of it before tossing it. I'm gonna check with the IT guys here.

Can't unpack much yet, landlord is finishing the kitchen today, and will replace the shower/tub plumbing and paint the bathroom today. so the living room and library are jam packed with most everything I own.

Rose spent Saturday night crying in the hallway because Mia wouldn't let her come to bed with us (mia was weirded out for a while). Long weekend.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76044 Nov 19, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
I met him!
See, it was Toj and my paranoia spasm which forced him into the open (Superstition and magical thinking will do it every time).

Why did he come here from Peru? Is it business, permanent?Could the controlling part be cultural?

Location hidden

#76045 Nov 19, 2012
No, it's not cultural. he's just a messed up guy dragging Jmw's friend down to his level.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#76046 Nov 19, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Wal-Mart fan but I often stop at the one on Veterans Parkway and that is clean and well stocked
Really? It's better than the other one in town, but I still think it's kinda gross. Produce section leaves a lot to be desired.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#76047 Nov 19, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
No, it's not cultural. he's just a messed up guy dragging Jmw's friend down to his level.
I believe that, too. He's afraid of losing the gf so her best friends might tell her negative things about him after meeting him.

JMW -- glad you got to meet him! It gives your friend more connections to you, thankfully. Keep trying to go the route you are. You are a good friend to her.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#76048 Nov 19, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Wal-Mart fan but I often stop at the one on Veterans Parkway and that is clean and well stocked
Walmart is great for cleaning supplies, socks (for men/boys) and milk.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76049 Nov 19, 2012
Aiight, now I have time to elaborate on my weekend.

It was actually *really* good. J and I have just been astounded at how SIL is growing up. He went to pick her and Boyfriend up at school and usually, she's very interrupt-y in conversations on rides like that, but she wasn't at all. And she wasn't like that on the weekend at all. So, we think all the school socialization has been very good for her. Boyfriend is super sweet and smart and gets jokes. He can hang.

We had *our* Thanksgiving on Saturday, which consisted of J and I, SIL and Boyfriend, my MIL (step-FIL won't come over. Fine by everyone.) and SIL's high school friend H. Was good to talk to H; she's not had the easiest life, but has a job and is in school and is doing well.

My MIL kept steering the dinner conversations toward who she's a-feudin' with on Facebook or which of their white trash friends got arrested for what. It's time to pass out dessert, and my MIL doesn't want any, and I'm like "F**k, that means she's just going to ramble about stupid stuff while we eat." I was not disappointed. Then after dinner, she got all weepy for no apparent reason and then left.

We were discussing how one of SIL's classmates is pregnant and is leaving school at the end of the semester. Is keeping the baby. My MIL gets on her high horse and goes "Well, at least she's doing the right thing and raising her own baby." I had to bite my tongue. Please, yes, let's discuss what raising a child entails, MIL...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76050 Nov 19, 2012
Also, MIL brought over all this food that she said my SIL left at their house when she moved out (yes, 2 years ago). Mmm! A 2-year-old open box of rice that smells like smoke and has cobwebs in it! All of it went in the garbage. Thanks for the crazy!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76051 Nov 19, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart is great for cleaning supplies, socks (for men/boys) and milk.
Prescriptions are cheap there. I started going there because J goes there for his and it's just easy to pick them all up together.

Location hidden

#76052 Nov 19, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
We were discussing how one of SIL's classmates is pregnant and is leaving school at the end of the semester. Is keeping the baby. My MIL gets on her high horse and goes "Well, at least she's doing the right thing and raising her own baby." I had to bite my tongue. Please, yes, let's discuss what raising a child entails, MIL...
Ugh.

She will be among the world's most annoying grandparents if you or SIL have a kid.

Location hidden

#76053 Nov 19, 2012
But good news re: SIL! Sounds like college suits her!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76054 Nov 19, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But good news re: SIL! Sounds like college suits her!
Yeah, we are absolutely thrilled. Aside from her whole roommate snafu the first couple weeks, it's going better than we imagined it would.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#76055 Nov 19, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh.
She will be among the world's most annoying grandparents if you or SIL have a kid.
Oh, it will not be pretty. She's half-joked about us having 'free daycare' if we ever do have one. Um...no...you will not be left alone with any spawn of mine...ever.

Location hidden

#76056 Nov 19, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it will not be pretty. She's half-joked about us having 'free daycare' if we ever do have one. Um...no...you will not be left alone with any spawn of mine...ever.
Right. A grandparent who's stoned all the time makes for awesome daycare.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr NMx 1,100,983
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 1 hr lucy 2
chief keef 1 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••