|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
She'll probably see him at least once a month, definitely more often than that in the beginning, and they'll talk every time he signs a new client (he'll be doing sales, she's a manager who oversees implementation). They won't be side by side every day but they'll definitely be in contact a lot. It's a small company.
I just have to take everything day by day like I've been doing. None of us are drama-mongers.
Were you wanting to cut him out of your life completely? It was an amicable break up, everyone can be friends, no one wants drama, I understand wounds might still be a little fresh, but I don't really see the big deal. Again, time will make things easier.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

I remember lowes had a nice one, but I am pretty sure it was over 36"
Of course you can always pull the wheels off, cut the legs to the length you want and then reinstall the wheels.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Now I'm on the hunt for a kitchen cart on wheels, with a *cutting block/workable surface*, under 36" high. It's not easy. 36" is standard height. I've found three at shorter heights, but were way too small or had something else severely wrong with them.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

If she would just introduce her friend to me, all this would go away.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Also... she'd be getting a guy's opinion on the crap she's putting up with from Dickhead. I think that will help.
HOpefully, something over the holidays will make this relationship implode and she'll be single by the time you're ready to celebrate NYE!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you wanting to cut him out of your life completely? It was an amicable break up, everyone can be friends, no one wants drama, I understand wounds might still be a little fresh, but I don't really see the big deal. Again, time will make things easier.
No, we wanted to stay friends. You're right.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be nice!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I can't access FB from work. What's the picture of?
If you're talking bout the link I sent, there's 2 little kids that want a cat. Dad won't let them have one, but then someohow they come to an agreement that if they get 1,000 likes on facebook, they can have a cat. So mom takes a picture of these 2 little kids holding a sign telling you what I just told you. As of last night, they had over 118,000 likes.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
But then they wouldn't be friends anymore....

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Ha!
Are you implying that a 3some would start? You're a real gutter mind, know that?
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
But then they wouldn't be friends anymore....
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Is anyone else finding that Top ix is giving them computer viruses?.
It keep kicking me out of Inte rnet Explorer. No other sites I go to have that happening.
(1st time I poste this To pix told me I was profane)
did this show?

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> did this show?
i had ot update Adobe Flash recently... oddly, this is teh site that was working ok, it was a couple of major news sites that were giving me grief.

they both start with c... maybe that was the problem...?

<rustling aroudn for the tin foil>

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Anyone have AT&T U-verse for TV & internet? I'm switching to them from crappy Comcast when I move - I've heard nothing but good things (compared to nothing but negative comments and experiences with Comcast) and it'll be a lot cheaper too. The only downside is that apparently the installation is a bit of a process and might take hours. Yes, hours. But it will be worth it. I'm hoping it won't take TOO long since I only have one TV.

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Anyone have AT&T U-verse for TV & internet? I'm switching to them from crappy Comcast when I move - I've heard nothing but good things (compared to nothing but negative comments and experiences with Comcast) and it'll be a lot cheaper too. The only downside is that apparently the installation is a bit of a process and might take hours. Yes, hours. But it will be worth it. I'm hoping it won't take TOO long since I only have one TV.
They have to install a satellite dish (att uses direct tv.) Then run all the wires and stuff, so that can take a little time. Installing the internet shouldn't take as long though.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to install a satellite dish (att uses direct tv.) Then run all the wires and stuff, so that can take a little time. Installing the internet shouldn't take as long though.
I think ATT discontinued their association with Direct. Isn't this U-verse a plumped up version of cable but through the phone lines?

I do have Dish and I would not trade that for cable or ATT.
You really have to check the fine print for prices on this stuff.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
Oh, I miss my U-verse. I used to have it. Then I moved and had to have Comcast.

When I had it years ago, installation took about an hour. Probably depends how much wiring you need.

I miss my U-verse!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I am on the low tech end of things. When I was shopping for the smartphone I looked at Consumer Reports. I know they rated cable service too. It won't help if you don't have a choice but they are very good about explaining what you are getting into

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

According to my friend at work who has U-verse, they don't use a dish. I think I remember another friend telling me that they use the same cable lines as the cable company (the phone lines would be DSL but isn't that obsolete?).

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
According to my friend at work who has U-verse, they don't use a dish. I think I remember another friend telling me that they use the same cable lines as the cable company (the phone lines would be DSL but isn't that obsolete?).
Everyone has their own preference. I did love U-verse, though.

Here's about their lines: http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/fiber-tech...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has their own preference. I did love U-verse, though.
Here's about their lines: http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/fiber-tech...
Cool, thanks.

I just talked to my friend who told me they use cable lines, and he said he'd give his left nut to have U-verse again (he moved to a tiny little town with limited options).

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ATT discontinued their association with Direct.
Didn't realize that, guess I'm behind on the times. I switched to direct tv first and changed my internet over later (dam Comcast pzzed me off for the last time!) The router and stuff was a little expensive, but now I'm paying 30 a mo for internet and 78 for TV (no movie channels). Does that seem reasonable or am I getting screwed?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,080,209
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min fearless 67,958
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Learn to Read 174,642
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min Frijoles 68,377
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,797
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 463
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 295
Abby 7-24 20 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••