Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is it selling for?
we don't know yet... that's low on the list of priortities to deal with. it's not bothering anyone right now ;-), so it'll get to hang out by itself in the garage, perhaps until after the funeral. we don't need to liquidate assets to keep her where she's at.

i was abso-fricken-lutely stunned at some of hte prices high mileage cars of teh same vintage are getting... i googled, KBB'ed, and Edmonds'ed to see waht's out there, and holy crap. 100+k miles and still asking near to $5K!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
SQUEEEEE! Adorable.
'

I love that you got so excited about THAT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

A few friends told me "don't clean your place, it's going to the bank, it's not like you're getting checked out for your deposit.

But I can't do that. I'm cleaning as I go. Everything is getting a damp rag or a good scrubbing or SOMETHING. It's easy when nothing is there.

CHecked out the paint last night and today -- the bedroom is kinda pink (ick) at night with the ceiling light, but today in the natural daylight (I opened the blinds), it's a lovely deep lilac color. Nice. Kitchen is okay -- blech blue countertops, formica, oh well, I get a gas stove, so I'll take that over nicer countertops any day.

Now I'm on the hunt for a kitchen cart on wheels, with a *cutting block/workable surface*, under 36" high. It's not easy. 36" is standard height. I've found three at shorter heights, but were way too small or had something else severely wrong with them.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>He's a retired General so, he was off duty for that. He was a spy at the time so, I'll refer you to Bond, James Bond for the sexploits allowed in that occupation. Bond, at least, had a license to do that. Maybe our CIA only get learner's permits?
The problem with unseating this president is that the same folks who want to do it for Benghazi, RIGHT NOW(!) are the same folks who wanted to impeach him November '08 to January '09...before he was actually president. Four m-effing years later and none of you people comprehend that impeachment is a process, not a conclusion. You might recall Bill Clinton was impeached. They did NOT take him out and shoot him. He kept his job and is still quite popular and well thought of in politics. He's the only ex-president to be invited to a convention in this century! The BS from Fox about Benghazi is as stoopid as "Fast & Furious" and means as much as internet petitions regarding secession. After this fails, Fox will find something else to jazz up the ratings.
I'm well aware of the process and remember Clinton, but thank you.

Your paranoia of fox news is similar to the right winger's paranoia of Obama.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

So Jasper just got a job offer at the company where my friend A works (the one with the controlling boyfriend). Half of me is happy for him and the other half is wondering how in the hell I'll ever move on if my ex works with my best friend. She's in the office and he'll be in the field, and his territory is the area in which he lives, not near me or A, but still....
:/

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

daddy said he'd get us a cat...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
A few friends told me "don't clean your place, it's going to the bank, it's not like you're getting checked out for your deposit.
But I can't do that. I'm cleaning as I go. Everything is getting a damp rag or a good scrubbing or SOMETHING. It's easy when nothing is there.
CHecked out the paint last night and today -- the bedroom is kinda pink (ick) at night with the ceiling light, but today in the natural daylight (I opened the blinds), it's a lovely deep lilac color. Nice. Kitchen is okay -- blech blue countertops, formica, oh well, I get a gas stove, so I'll take that over nicer countertops any day.
Now I'm on the hunt for a kitchen cart on wheels, with a *cutting block/workable surface*, under 36" high. It's not easy. 36" is standard height. I've found three at shorter heights, but were way too small or had something else severely wrong with them.
do you have a container store near you? they have a lot of custom options. we got a wine rack there made of components, so we had 2 top shelves, two bottom shelves and one of the wavy wine shelves. worked well in our old place, doesn't work conceptually (or spatially) upstairs in our new place, and is too tall to fit downstairs, so it sits in the garage...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
my ex works with my best friend. She's in the office and he'll be in the field, and his territory is the area in which he lives, not near me or A
So.... she'll likely never see, hear from, or talk to him?

Simple, don't ask about him and don't have her tell you anything. Drama evaded.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
daddy said he'd get us a cat...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Cute.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
So Jasper just got a job offer at the company where my friend A works (the one with the controlling boyfriend). Half of me is happy for him and the other half is wondering how in the hell I'll ever move on if my ex works with my best friend. She's in the office and he'll be in the field, and his territory is the area in which he lives, not near me or A, but still....
:/
It will be more difficult b/c you'll hear about him but you and Jasper seem to have remained friends anyways. I think after you have that first date with whomever and after your transition boyfriend (you'll probably have one of those eventually), it will get easier. Time heals all wounds. Trite but true. Hang in there.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So.... she'll likely never see, hear from, or talk to him?
Simple, don't ask about him and don't have her tell you anything. Drama evaded.
She'll probably see him at least once a month, definitely more often than that in the beginning, and they'll talk every time he signs a new client (he'll be doing sales, she's a manager who oversees implementation). They won't be side by side every day but they'll definitely be in contact a lot. It's a small company.

I just have to take everything day by day like I've been doing. None of us are drama-mongers.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be more difficult b/c you'll hear about him but you and Jasper seem to have remained friends anyways. I think after you have that first date with whomever and after your transition boyfriend (you'll probably have one of those eventually), it will get easier. Time heals all wounds. Trite but true. Hang in there.
:)
Thanks. I think this is all true, and we're all mature adults. Who knows, if there's a reason for everything then maybe it'll be a good thing for A to have Jasper around when the poo hits the fan with her boyfriend...? I'm reaching, I know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Thanks. I think this is all true, and we're all mature adults. Who knows, if there's a reason for everything then maybe it'll be a good thing for A to have Jasper around when the poo hits the fan with her boyfriend...? I'm reaching, I know.
Also... she'd be getting a guy's opinion on the crap she's putting up with from Dickhead. I think that will help.

HOpefully, something over the holidays will make this relationship implode and she'll be single by the time you're ready to celebrate NYE!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
Yeah, but did you see how many likes they got? Goal was 1,000. They had over 118,000.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Also... she'd be getting a guy's opinion on the crap she's putting up with from Dickhead. I think that will help.
HOpefully, something over the holidays will make this relationship implode and she'll be single by the time you're ready to celebrate NYE!
That would be fantastic. I feel sort of guilty for saying that, but I know I have her best interest at heart.

I'm wondering what kind of vibes her mom and her best friend up north will get from this guy over Thanksgiving. He'll be on his best behavior, but spending THAT much condensed time together might clue them in. Especially her mom.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but did you see how many likes they got? Goal was 1,000. They had over 118,000.
Heh. Because of that they're probably hitting up day for a few kittens.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I just have to take everything day by day like I've been doing. None of us are drama-mongers.
This. And continued internet hugs to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

I can't access FB from work. What's the picture of?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TSM 1,080,490
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,988
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Joe Rock Extreme Auto 48,921
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 15 min Joe Rock Extreme Auto 3,831
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min loose cannon 174,676
When there is no more water and you can't affor... 1 hr Drought 1
Abby 7-26 1 hr loose cannon 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE