“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75926 Nov 12, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Hi All!
So, we went to a wedding last night (federal workers - most of them are off today). The ceremony took place outside at 7 pm. They didn't mention anything about that in the invitation. You could see people's breath, it was so cold, and no one was dressed appropriately. In fact, even inside about half the women wore their dates' suit jackets because the thermostat was kept so low.
The man of honor wore a cowboy hat and a large rhinestone belt buckle. The bride looked like Jessica Rabbit come to life (I was seriously worried that her breasts were going to pop out of her strapless sweetheart neckline).
The food was good, though, and we got to see some friends who moved out of state a couple if years ago. It was a memorable night.
It was scheduled to end at 1.30 am. We left a little after midnight because we had an hour ride home and I had to bring the boys into school this morning.
Who the hell has an outdoor wedding in mid-November anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line?

Glad you had fun, though.:-D

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#75927 Nov 12, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell has an outdoor wedding in mid-November anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line?
Glad you had fun, though.:-D
and if you do, you damn well better make it well known... I almost always carry a little sweater with me, but that would be nothing for standing outside for 30-45 minutes, or however long ceremonies last.

also, i'd probably wear diffrent shoes for being outside; not that i wear spike heels, but if it was mucky, i wouldn't want my dress shoes to get destroyed...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75928 Nov 12, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>and if you do, you damn well better make it well known... I almost always carry a little sweater with me, but that would be nothing for standing outside for 30-45 minutes, or however long ceremonies last.

also, i'd probably wear diffrent shoes for being outside; not that i wear spike heels, but if it was mucky, i wouldn't want my dress shoes to get destroyed...
I almost always wear nylons - I get cold easily and if the Duchess of Cambridge doesn't consider them a fashion faux pas then neither do I. Most of the women had bare legs and short dresses, though.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75929 Nov 12, 2012
Amidst all the Sandy and election news, I missed this flood.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75930 Nov 12, 2012
I only wtched 10 minutes of this. But if I had more time, I think it would b cool to watch he whole thing.

http://io9.com/5959615/

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75931 Nov 13, 2012

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75932 Nov 13, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Amidst all the Sandy and election news, I missed this flood.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/...
The water looks so clean!

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#75935 Nov 13, 2012
C'mon people, look alive! Let's keep this party going!
:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75936 Nov 13, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
C'mon people, look alive! Let's keep this party going!
:)
okay. wake me when there is a party

Location hidden

#75938 Nov 13, 2012
There's a party?

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#75939 Nov 13, 2012
so, how's htis for a laugh... one of those "it's funny 'cause it's sad" moments, but still...

we moved my grandmother into the nursing home 2 1/2 weeks ago. tonight, she says something about starting her car because it hasn't been started in a few days.

Here's the rub, although she's allowed to have a car there, she DOESN"T because she can't remember where she's going, is slowing down and has no energy to do anything, let alone drive... and i don't think she drove for a week or more before we packed her up...

so, she's really losing her mind; looks like we moved her just in time.

Location hidden

#75940 Nov 13, 2012
Aisle, my friend put her elderly mother into a special home for dementia patients. That was three years ago and she was stressed. Within a year, she was able to laugh at things instead. She said you kinda have to see the humor in your mom peeing in her shoes then telling you "Someone is coming into my room and pouring water into my shoes."

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#75941 Nov 13, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
so, how's htis for a laugh... one of those "it's funny 'cause it's sad" moments, but still...
we moved my grandmother into the nursing home 2 1/2 weeks ago. tonight, she says something about starting her car because it hasn't been started in a few days.
Here's the rub, although she's allowed to have a car there, she DOESN"T because she can't remember where she's going, is slowing down and has no energy to do anything, let alone drive... and i don't think she drove for a week or more before we packed her up...
so, she's really losing her mind; looks like we moved her just in time.
Silver lining: the paper said that Sandy wrecked so many cars that teh market for used cars is very tight. So if you are going to sell it, see if you can get it near the east coast, or maybe even CarMax. What kind is it?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75942 Nov 14, 2012

Location hidden

#75943 Nov 14, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Silver lining: the paper said that Sandy wrecked so many cars that teh market for used cars is very tight. So if you are going to sell it, see if you can get it near the east coast, or maybe even CarMax. What kind is it?
Will insurance even cover those cars? Does "Act of God" qualify here?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#75944 Nov 14, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Will insurance even cover those cars? Does "Act of God" qualify here?
It usually depends on the policy language and that can vary all over the map. But Chris Christie was very clear in his warnings to insurance companies not to try and get out of storm losses. He was talking about the homeowners carriers at the time, but the comments also pertain to auto carriers

“reign in blood”

United States

#75945 Nov 14, 2012
So how come the Patreus scandal didn't break until two days AFTER the election? Hmmm.

And when is the intelligence committee going to start investigating Benghazi? Hmmm.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#75946 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
So how come the Patreus scandal didn't break until two days AFTER the election? Hmmm.
And when is the intelligence committee going to start investigating Benghazi? Hmmm.
Petraeus scandal? Do you really think it is important to know that a general was sleeping and talking to someone who was a member of the military (Army reservist) over whom he was not in command and who had official security clearance to work closely with him because she was his official biographer and on a government fellowship ( which btw requires a security clearance)?

I don't.

BFD with all double entendres intended .

But you do have a point that it makes a very nice deflection from 1) the fiscal cliff and 2) Benghazi (which I also think is a not as big an issue as you conspiracy theorists would like. Libya was a dangerous place with unreliable informants and poor communication- did you expect it was Cabrini Green?)

Ah, but what ELSE is Obama hiding?

Location hidden

#75947 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Right, because the FBI is just FULL of liberals who support Obama.

“reign in blood”

United States

#75948 Nov 14, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Petraeus scandal? Do you really think it is important to know that a general was sleeping and talking to someone who was a member of the military (Army reservist) over whom he was not in command and who had official security clearance to work closely with him because she was his official biographer and on a government fellowship ( which btw requires a security clearance)?
I don't.
BFD with all double entendres intended .
But you do have a point that it makes a very nice deflection from 1) the fiscal cliff and 2) Benghazi (which I also think is a not as big an issue as you conspiracy theorists would like. Libya was a dangerous place with unreliable informants and poor communication- did you expect it was Cabrini Green?)
Ah, but what ELSE is Obama hiding?
Four Americans getting killed while the military watched isn't a big deal to you!?

And not that I care about the sex lives of anyone but the investigation has been ongoing for months, why are we just now hearing about it? And if there was a national security breach, this can be a big deal. Could there be a connection to Benghazi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,115,037
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Who 46,993
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 69,488
Grocery Coupon and saving your pennies 9 min Susan 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min all fall short 50,021
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min WelbyMD 178,583
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 4 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]