dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Belated congrats to you all for hitting the 75K mark.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Hi All!

So, we went to a wedding last night (federal workers - most of them are off today). The ceremony took place outside at 7 pm. They didn't mention anything about that in the invitation. You could see people's breath, it was so cold, and no one was dressed appropriately. In fact, even inside about half the women wore their dates' suit jackets because the thermostat was kept so low.

The man of honor wore a cowboy hat and a large rhinestone belt buckle. The bride looked like Jessica Rabbit come to life (I was seriously worried that her breasts were going to pop out of her strapless sweetheart neckline).

The food was good, though, and we got to see some friends who moved out of state a couple if years ago. It was a memorable night.

It was scheduled to end at 1.30 am. We left a little after midnight because we had an hour ride home and I had to bring the boys into school this morning.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

dahgts wrote:
Belated congrats to you all for hitting the 75K mark.
heh good eye I didn't even notice!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Outside in November in the NE? That just seems, well, dumb!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Outside in November in the NE? That just seems, well, dumb!
No heaters set up or anything

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
Hi All!
So, we went to a wedding last night (federal workers - most of them are off today). The ceremony took place outside at 7 pm. They didn't mention anything about that in the invitation. You could see people's breath, it was so cold, and no one was dressed appropriately. In fact, even inside about half the women wore their dates' suit jackets because the thermostat was kept so low.
The man of honor wore a cowboy hat and a large rhinestone belt buckle. The bride looked like Jessica Rabbit come to life (I was seriously worried that her breasts were going to pop out of her strapless sweetheart neckline).
The food was good, though, and we got to see some friends who moved out of state a couple if years ago. It was a memorable night.
It was scheduled to end at 1.30 am. We left a little after midnight because we had an hour ride home and I had to bring the boys into school this morning.
Who the hell has an outdoor wedding in mid-November anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line?

Glad you had fun, though.:-D

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell has an outdoor wedding in mid-November anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line?
Glad you had fun, though.:-D
and if you do, you damn well better make it well known... I almost always carry a little sweater with me, but that would be nothing for standing outside for 30-45 minutes, or however long ceremonies last.

also, i'd probably wear diffrent shoes for being outside; not that i wear spike heels, but if it was mucky, i wouldn't want my dress shoes to get destroyed...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>and if you do, you damn well better make it well known... I almost always carry a little sweater with me, but that would be nothing for standing outside for 30-45 minutes, or however long ceremonies last.

also, i'd probably wear diffrent shoes for being outside; not that i wear spike heels, but if it was mucky, i wouldn't want my dress shoes to get destroyed...
I almost always wear nylons - I get cold easily and if the Duchess of Cambridge doesn't consider them a fashion faux pas then neither do I. Most of the women had bare legs and short dresses, though.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Amidst all the Sandy and election news, I missed this flood.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

I only wtched 10 minutes of this. But if I had more time, I think it would b cool to watch he whole thing.

http://io9.com/5959615/

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Amidst all the Sandy and election news, I missed this flood.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/...
The water looks so clean!

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

C'mon people, look alive! Let's keep this party going!
:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
C'mon people, look alive! Let's keep this party going!
:)
okay. wake me when there is a party

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

There's a party?

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

so, how's htis for a laugh... one of those "it's funny 'cause it's sad" moments, but still...

we moved my grandmother into the nursing home 2 1/2 weeks ago. tonight, she says something about starting her car because it hasn't been started in a few days.

Here's the rub, although she's allowed to have a car there, she DOESN"T because she can't remember where she's going, is slowing down and has no energy to do anything, let alone drive... and i don't think she drove for a week or more before we packed her up...

so, she's really losing her mind; looks like we moved her just in time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Aisle, my friend put her elderly mother into a special home for dementia patients. That was three years ago and she was stressed. Within a year, she was able to laugh at things instead. She said you kinda have to see the humor in your mom peeing in her shoes then telling you "Someone is coming into my room and pouring water into my shoes."

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
so, how's htis for a laugh... one of those "it's funny 'cause it's sad" moments, but still...
we moved my grandmother into the nursing home 2 1/2 weeks ago. tonight, she says something about starting her car because it hasn't been started in a few days.
Here's the rub, although she's allowed to have a car there, she DOESN"T because she can't remember where she's going, is slowing down and has no energy to do anything, let alone drive... and i don't think she drove for a week or more before we packed her up...
so, she's really losing her mind; looks like we moved her just in time.
Silver lining: the paper said that Sandy wrecked so many cars that teh market for used cars is very tight. So if you are going to sell it, see if you can get it near the east coast, or maybe even CarMax. What kind is it?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Silver lining: the paper said that Sandy wrecked so many cars that teh market for used cars is very tight. So if you are going to sell it, see if you can get it near the east coast, or maybe even CarMax. What kind is it?
Will insurance even cover those cars? Does "Act of God" qualify here?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,941 - 74,960 of97,515
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,078,610
Something Serious at Oak Forest Hospital. Illeg... 5 min AnnUBAButtinskyHo 6
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min voice of peace 67,878
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 41 min 75 Scorpio 456
Emanuel's Mayoral Fortunes Rapidly Declining in... 41 min bensleys thoughts 1
Victim in Tuesday's Skokie Shooting is Identified 47 min bensleys thoughts 1
Abby 7-23 1 hr RACE 10
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000