Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 3,747)

Showing posts 74,921 - 74,940 of95,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75883
Nov 10, 2012
 
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Pelly, those cranberry muffins you made ladt year, they're basically like blueberry muffins but with cranberries instead? I just found a bag of cranberries in the spare freezer and thought maybe i'll make them this weekend....
I start with teh Pillsbury Cranberry quick bread mix. I add extra cranberries. Because I make the mini muffins,run them through the food processor a bit first. I substitute OJ for part of the liquid. I grate fresh orange rind into the batter- that gives an intense orange flavor without adding sweetness. Nuts are optional, but if I use them, I toast them briefly in a dry frying pan before putting them in the batter. I add a touch of cinnamon. If we have any orange liqueur in teh house, I may sub some of that for the liquid but that is not teh usual way I do it.

I can't remember if I shared the spread. The grocery sometimes has a sweet cinnamon butter spread. that is very good. Other wise I mix softened butter with lingonberry jam to serve with them. You could use red currant jam if lingonberry is not available. It is the tartness which is important

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75884
Nov 10, 2012
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I start with teh Pillsbury Cranberry quick bread mix. I add extra cranberries. Because I make the mini muffins,run them through the food processor a bit first. I substitute OJ for part of the liquid. I grate fresh orange rind into the batter- that gives an intense orange flavor without adding sweetness. Nuts are optional, but if I use them, I toast them briefly in a dry frying pan before putting them in the batter. I add a touch of cinnamon. If we have any orange liqueur in teh house, I may sub some of that for the liquid but that is not teh usual way I do it.
I can't remember if I shared the spread. The grocery sometimes has a sweet cinnamon butter spread. that is very good. Other wise I mix softened butter with lingonberry jam to serve with them. You could use red currant jam if lingonberry is not available. It is the tartness which is important
sounds good... i'll look for pillbury recipe then... i usually take stuff like this to work, so i don't know how adding a spread may work, could be too messy to have "just 'cause"...

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75885
Nov 10, 2012
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an incredible article. I never felt like I lost myself when I had my child (who is an adult now), I felt more like I was experiencing a different side of life. I can understand someone who doesn't want a child would feel trapped if they had a child.
Very sad.
I can understand people feeling like that. But in no way Can I understand anyone just dropping off a kid old enough to know what's going on. That's just cold blooded. Government needs to hire those people as covert assasins.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75886
Nov 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I feel a thousand times better.
If it wasn't for college football, I'd have no idea what day it is. Election day feels like it was weeks ago. Halloween feels like it was last summer.
;)
Shout out to my friend L who was so helpful to me in the apartment hunt and in making the final decision!
Great that the decision has been made. You must feel more control now that you know where you're going to live.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75887
Nov 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I can understand people feeling like that. But in no way Can I understand anyone just dropping off a kid old enough to know what's going on. That's just cold blooded. Government needs to hire those people as covert assasins.
Don't get me wrong. It's not a puppy. My god it's a human they're dumping them off. Their own child at that! Glad they fixed the age thing. Those kids won't ever be right. Talk about abandonment issues...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75888
Nov 10, 2012
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I start with teh Pillsbury Cranberry quick bread mix. I add extra cranberries. Because I make the mini muffins,run them through the food processor a bit first. I substitute OJ for part of the liquid. I grate fresh orange rind into the batter- that gives an intense orange flavor without adding sweetness. Nuts are optional, but if I use them, I toast them briefly in a dry frying pan before putting them in the batter. I add a touch of cinnamon. If we have any orange liqueur in teh house, I may sub some of that for the liquid but that is not teh usual way I do it.
I can't remember if I shared the spread. The grocery sometimes has a sweet cinnamon butter spread. that is very good. Other wise I mix softened butter with lingonberry jam to serve with them. You could use red currant jam if lingonberry is not available. It is the tartness which is important
That sounds awesome.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75889
Nov 10, 2012
 
Help! I need techie help. I SOOOOO need to uninstall windows 8. I HATE it. I didn't do a partition, just over top of windows 7. Can I get rid of it or do I have to reformat?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75890
Nov 10, 2012
 
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds good... i'll look for pillbury recipe then... i usually take stuff like this to work, so i don't know how adding a spread may work, could be too messy to have "just 'cause"...
I have used an old cream cheese tub to transport the spread.
When you grate teh orange peel,be careful not to get the white underpart. The white pith is bitter. You just want the orange surface peel

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75891
Nov 10, 2012
 
Grrrrr!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
This one's for RACE...
FIVE DAYS TIL RUSH!!!!
ahem...<neener neener>
Carry on...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75892
Nov 10, 2012
 
Double Grrrr
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
neener neener - saw them already - great show!! and i'm not a huge fan, but respect tehm, their longevity and artistry...
i think it was about 3 hours altogether, no opening act.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75893
Nov 10, 2012
 
Not sure, but possibly going to a restore point.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Help! I need techie help. I SOOOOO need to uninstall windows 8. I HATE it. I didn't do a partition, just over top of windows 7. Can I get rid of it or do I have to reformat?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75894
Nov 11, 2012
 

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75895
Nov 11, 2012
 

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75896
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Here's to all the people who served and fought so we can argue about liberals vs conservatives, have a 2nd amendment to tussle over, worry about chads which hang and so on and so forth.Thanks, group.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75897
Nov 11, 2012
 
PEllen wrote:
Here's to all the people who served and fought so we can argue about liberals vs conservatives, have a 2nd amendment to tussle over, worry about chads which hang and so on and so forth.Thanks, group.
Word...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75898
Nov 11, 2012
 
RACE wrote:
Not sure, but possibly going to a restore point.
<quoted text>
Thanks. Tried that. Didn't work. Saved everything important to a flash drive. Guess I'm gonna reformat it. I don't mind reformatting too much except for re-doing all my settings. It's kinda time consuming. <sigh>

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75899
Nov 11, 2012
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://www.theatlantic.com/hea lth/archive/2012/09/not-wantin g-kids-is-entirely-normal/2623 67/#.UFu1AYdRXbk.tumblr

Wow on some of these ages
I'm going to have to read that book...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75900
Nov 11, 2012
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>That was an incredible article. I never felt like I lost myself when I had my child (who is an adult now), I felt more like I was experiencing a different side of life. I can understand someone who doesn't want a child would feel trapped if they had a child.

Very sad.
We have friends our age (mid-30s) who had an unplanned baby earlier this year. It was fascinating sitting down with them and seeing them interact with their baby. They freaked out at first, after finding out they were pregnant, but embraced the hell out of it.

Granted money is tighter than it was before, but poverty isn't an issue.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75901
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Tried that. Didn't work. Saved everything important to a flash drive. Guess I'm gonna reformat it. I don't mind reformatting too much except for re-doing all my settings. It's kinda time consuming. <sigh>
Isn't Tonka the resident geek? Wish I could help you...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75902
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Tonka, the geek comment is made in the best light. Truly. As in computer geek. We need those here. They are the most important people!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,921 - 74,940 of95,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Eleanor Beaver 1,033,008
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,186
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Point 46,974
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Tired 6,527
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 2 hr Tired 503
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) 2 hr Tired 637
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Rediculous 3,774
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••