“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75946 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
So how come the Patreus scandal didn't break until two days AFTER the election? Hmmm.
And when is the intelligence committee going to start investigating Benghazi? Hmmm.
Petraeus scandal? Do you really think it is important to know that a general was sleeping and talking to someone who was a member of the military (Army reservist) over whom he was not in command and who had official security clearance to work closely with him because she was his official biographer and on a government fellowship ( which btw requires a security clearance)?

I don't.

BFD with all double entendres intended .

But you do have a point that it makes a very nice deflection from 1) the fiscal cliff and 2) Benghazi (which I also think is a not as big an issue as you conspiracy theorists would like. Libya was a dangerous place with unreliable informants and poor communication- did you expect it was Cabrini Green?)

Ah, but what ELSE is Obama hiding?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75947 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
So how come the Patreus scandal didn't break until two days AFTER the election? Hmmm.
And when is the intelligence committee going to start investigating Benghazi? Hmmm.
Right, because the FBI is just FULL of liberals who support Obama.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#75948 Nov 14, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Petraeus scandal? Do you really think it is important to know that a general was sleeping and talking to someone who was a member of the military (Army reservist) over whom he was not in command and who had official security clearance to work closely with him because she was his official biographer and on a government fellowship ( which btw requires a security clearance)?
I don't.
BFD with all double entendres intended .
But you do have a point that it makes a very nice deflection from 1) the fiscal cliff and 2) Benghazi (which I also think is a not as big an issue as you conspiracy theorists would like. Libya was a dangerous place with unreliable informants and poor communication- did you expect it was Cabrini Green?)
Ah, but what ELSE is Obama hiding?
Four Americans getting killed while the military watched isn't a big deal to you!?

And not that I care about the sex lives of anyone but the investigation has been ongoing for months, why are we just now hearing about it? And if there was a national security breach, this can be a big deal. Could there be a connection to Benghazi?
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#75949 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Because the government amuses itself by intentionally giving you conspiracy theorists something to talk about from time to time.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#75950 Nov 14, 2012
Pellen,
Paula Broadwell publicly leaked sensitive and classified security details related to the Benghazi annex.
Namely, that enemy combatants were being warehoused at the US mission there. And that the United States and its allies were attempting to funnel weapons out of Libya and into Syrian theater of conflict via Turkey.
lc

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#75951 Nov 14, 2012
If you watch international news you would have known that by now....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75952 Nov 14, 2012
Well, that would explain it.
Hey did anyone read about the gay guy in the keys that committed suicide over obama being relected? Or the lady who ran over her husband for the same reason?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because the FBI is just FULL of liberals who support Obama.
what

Crossville, TN

#75953 Nov 14, 2012
?

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

#75954 Nov 14, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Silver lining: the paper said that Sandy wrecked so many cars that teh market for used cars is very tight. So if you are going to sell it, see if you can get it near the east coast, or maybe even CarMax. What kind is it?
A true 'blue hair special'- 1995 taurus with i believe no more than 10k miles. body's in good shape, only been to church, the hair dresser, the post office and the grocery store for a couple years now, and before that the furthest i think it's been driven for 10-15 years is 15 miles ot my parents... the guy who's been doing her maintenance and selling her gas (unless one of us kids took it somewhere else) for decades once offered to buy it, so he may get it for a song just to take it off our hands.

Schaumburg, IL

#75955 Nov 14, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Aisle, my friend put her elderly mother into a special home for dementia patients. That was three years ago and she was stressed. Within a year, she was able to laugh at things instead. She said you kinda have to see the humor in your mom peeing in her shoes then telling you "Someone is coming into my room and pouring water into my shoes."
I"ll have to tell my mom about htat... ;-)

i'm laughing hysterically at the idea of her giong out to start the car herself... we told her we'd take care of hte car "later" and "wehn she feels comfortable getting around teh new neighborhood"...

apparently teh "neighborhood" is a 20' radius from her room's door. She hasn't been off the floor but once or twice, to go to church downstairs. i really don't htink she's been out of hte bulding at all. she's ALWAYS complaining about how tired she is and how annoyed she is about "not beign peppy anymore". i don't think she always remembers taht she has cancer, let alone taht it's terminal. but if you ask about doctors, she'll start bitching about one in particular who she saw as part of the testing and diagnosis.

she was antsy for cash last night... told her she had $x dollars last week, waht happened, did you take everyone for dinner? she still had $x dollars! she told me she's used to having more cash on hand, to which i replied that i know she used to go grocery shopping with cash, but she's not doing that, so where's the money giong.... didn't really get an answer to that (and didn't expect one).

day by day.... we laugh and poke fun behind her back to keep some sort of sanity, and we're working on settign a routine of visits and supply runs; this is different and a challenge to my mom and me too...

Location hidden

#75956 Nov 14, 2012
It IS kinda suspicious that everything doesn't happen when Fox news wishes it would happen. I think that time is, quite possibly, nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once. I might be wrong though. If there is a God, it could be he just likes effing with them.

On a more serious note, we now know who takes care of a General's privates when he's off duty.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75957 Nov 14, 2012
A little excited. The bf found out I have Friday off, he is going to take it off too, so my next 3 days are going to rock. Tomorrow night we are going for dinner and some live music, Friday we are going to sleep in, then head up to Hot Doug's (duck fat fries!) and beat the line, then we're going to do some neighborhood exploring, then a dinner party at a friend's for her birthday, the to a bar for games, Saturday I get my new couch and bed, then out for football, then going to see Stephen Lynch at The Vic. If you don't know who he is, go on YouTube and look up If I Were Gay. He's hilarious and a decent singer too. Even Sunday will be fun, the bf's condo is having yard day, we're going to rake leaves which apparently leads to burning leaves and beverages by the fire. I love fall.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75959 Nov 14, 2012
Thought of Matilda when I saw this.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/paralyzed-dog-ru...

“reign in blood”

United States

#75960 Nov 14, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
On a more serious note, we now know who takes care of a General's privates when he's off duty.
Except he wasn't off duty.
And I didn't hear this from Fox news, so way to demonize an organization you know nothing about.
Thirdly, I will not believe the timing of this is mere coincidence. This is the type of story that can unseat a president, especially of it relates to benghazi.
But go ahead and keep thinking everything is fine, there's nothing to see here, your government will take care of everything.

Location hidden

#75961 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And I didn't hear this from Fox news, so way to demonize an organization you know nothing about.
Thirdly, I will not believe the timing of this is mere coincidence. This is the type of story that can unseat a president, especially of it relates to benghazi.
But go ahead and keep thinking everything is fine, there's nothing to see here, your government will take care of everything.
He's a retired General so, he was off duty for that. He was a spy at the time so, I'll refer you to Bond, James Bond for the sexploits allowed in that occupation. Bond, at least, had a license to do that. Maybe our CIA only get learner's permits?

The problem with unseating this president is that the same folks who want to do it for Benghazi, RIGHT NOW(!) are the same folks who wanted to impeach him November '08 to January '09...before he was actually president. Four m-effing years later and none of you people comprehend that impeachment is a process, not a conclusion. You might recall Bill Clinton was impeached. They did NOT take him out and shoot him. He kept his job and is still quite popular and well thought of in politics. He's the only ex-president to be invited to a convention in this century! The BS from Fox about Benghazi is as stoopid as "Fast & Furious" and means as much as internet petitions regarding secession. After this fails, Fox will find something else to jazz up the ratings.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75962 Nov 14, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Thought of Matilda when I saw this.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/paralyzed-dog-ru...
SQUEEEEE! Adorable.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75963 Nov 14, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiight. Because you don't demonize anyone without less-than-complete information, do you?

Repeat after me: I am Sofa King We Todd Head.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75964 Nov 14, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
A true 'blue hair special'- 1995 taurus with i believe no more than 10k miles. body's in good shape, only been to church, the hair dresser, the post office and the grocery store for a couple years now, and before that the furthest i think it's been driven for 10-15 years is 15 miles ot my parents... the guy who's been doing her maintenance and selling her gas (unless one of us kids took it somewhere else) for decades once offered to buy it, so he may get it for a song just to take it off our hands.
How much is it selling for?

Schaumburg, IL

#75965 Nov 14, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is it selling for?
we don't know yet... that's low on the list of priortities to deal with. it's not bothering anyone right now ;-), so it'll get to hang out by itself in the garage, perhaps until after the funeral. we don't need to liquidate assets to keep her where she's at.

i was abso-fricken-lutely stunned at some of hte prices high mileage cars of teh same vintage are getting... i googled, KBB'ed, and Edmonds'ed to see waht's out there, and holy crap. 100+k miles and still asking near to $5K!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75966 Nov 14, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
SQUEEEEE! Adorable.
'

I love that you got so excited about THAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min new yawk 1,153,943
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 1 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 2 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 49,184
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 6 hr Roxie Darling 361
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST