Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Vegetarian eaters: My coworker made black bean pancakes with salsa on top and said they were out of this world:

2 cups drained,cooked beans *mash in bowl with fork

then stir in
1 cup dairy (calls for cream, but he used 1% milk)
2 tbs oil or butter
1 egg
seasonings and salt… why not some cheese? screw it….yeah, cheese. HELL YES WE’RE ADDING SOME CHEESE IN HERE! I AM A GOD IN THE KITCHEN AND I REQUIRE CHEESE ALL UP IN THIS B! or not…your call

then mix in until it looks like pancake batter

then add 1 cup flour (add more dairy if too dry)

cook as you would pancakes

Black bean, pinto beans? Add salsa or sour cream as a topper
White beans (cannellini)? Pesto?
Other beans? Go for it.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother has a theory that when either 1) he's declared incompetent to serve or 2) they find him guilty of misconduct, Quinn will then appoint his wife to serve out his term.
It all seems so sketchy to me.
The governor can appoint someone to fill a Senate seat ( see, Blgojevich, f*ckin golden comment). A Congressional Rep seat seems to depend on when it comes vacant- most often there is a special election.

Your MIL may be right. Credible spouses are often put in place of deceased , and presumably disabled, congressman. How it is done is teh question.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

OMG, I haven't been to Not Always Right in a while. Some of the new ones are over the top!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
OMG, I haven't been to Not Always Right in a while. Some of the new ones are over the top!
I go there every single day!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

So I was supposed to meet A's boyfriend this weekend. I planned around it and left Saturday free (long story short) and after my crappy day yesterday I emailed her and half-jokingly Sadi that I better get to meet him after all that. She wrote back and said she must have forgotten to tell me but they switched weekends. I am so pissed; I planned around this because my friend A is important to me. Obviously when it's an SO things are different but still... I feel like all the stuff I did & didn't do to make myself available don't matter. And that's not true; indirectly it has cost me money, time, and my Saturday night plans. No more - if it works out it works out but I'm not planning around her boyfriend ever again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
So I was supposed to meet A's boyfriend this weekend. I planned around it and left Saturday free (long story short) and after my crappy day yesterday I emailed her and half-jokingly Sadi that I better get to meet him after all that. She wrote back and said she must have forgotten to tell me but they switched weekends. I am so pissed; I planned around this because my friend A is important to me. Obviously when it's an SO things are different but still... I feel like all the stuff I did & didn't do to make myself available don't matter. And that's not true; indirectly it has cost me money, time, and my Saturday night plans. No more - if it works out it works out but I'm not planning around her boyfriend ever again.
she's really contorting herself to accommodate this guy.$10 says this weekend change was all his idea.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
she's really contorting herself to accommodate this guy.$10 says this weekend change was all his idea.
I'm in an dI will up it $5 that the bf will do whatever it takes to keep A and jamwow part and never neet her face to face

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in an dI will up it $5 that the bf will do whatever it takes to keep A and jamwow part and never neet her face to face
I think that's his motive as well!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

PEllen wrote:
Not a word I would often use, but Sheeple in that District
And that's what you want for the rest of the country? I'll bet you people STILL vote democrat next time, then wonder why things aren't getting better. Then say it must be because of Republicans!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's what you want for the rest of the country? I'll bet you people STILL vote democrat next time, then wonder why things aren't getting better. Then say it must be because of Republicans!
Believe it or not, some people vote for certain PEOPLE and not just the party affiliation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your way is not the only way. Stop thinking that you're the only person who knows what's right and what's best.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in an dI will up it $5 that the bf will do whatever it takes to keep A and jamwow part and never neet her face to face
He can bite me. I've spent a lot of energy worrying about this and I tried to tell A my concerns in a loving way. Not saying I won't be there for her when the poo hits the fan but I'm done altering MY life to be accommodating. Not when it's costing me in multiple ways.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Your way is not the only way. Stop thinking that you're the only person who knows what's right and what's best.
Remember, don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
He can bite me. I've spent a lot of energy worrying about this and I tried to tell A my concerns in a loving way. Not saying I won't be there for her when the poo hits the fan but I'm done altering MY life to be accommodating. Not when it's costing me in multiple ways.
althgouh this may sound snarky, good for your for reaching that point... I've been that way (minus the $$ spent to accomodate) with one of my good friends. i'll text, i'll call, but no response, i'll tell her i'll bring a bottle of wine over instead of going for coffee because she's broke, but never a response to the invite. when she does come up for air, i've asked how high before she finshes saying jump in order to try to make things work to meet up with her. i think i've visited her in the hospital more htan i've been to her place in the last couple of years - and she's not that far from me.

It hurts to reach this point, but it does get liberating. it's ok to still worry about her and for her, but you're right, you've done a lot to try to meet up, and now, time for you!
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about that, you nervous Nellie. With Obama winning the election, the world is surely going to end long before the next presidential vote.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think so, but I've only seen pictures so far.
I'll be in town again on 2 December.
We could fix that.
8^J
We so should do something this time. I'm gonna message you my cell # on facebook later. I would say "text me" but you're still in the dark ages with your phone lol <ducks>.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

This one's for RACE...

FIVE DAYS TIL RUSH!!!!

ahem...<neener neener>

Carry on...
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Dog. That paints with way too broad a brush.I don't assume "all" Democrats are alike or that "all"Republicans are alike. Lindsay Graham and whats-her-name Bachman are both active Republicans. Jim Thompson and George Ryan are both Republicans. None of them are alike. No reason to think anyone else in teh House is like Jesse Jr, regardless of party

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
This one's for RACE...
FIVE DAYS TIL RUSH!!!!
ahem...<neener neener>
Carry on...
neener neener - saw them already - great show!! and i'm not a huge fan, but respect tehm, their longevity and artistry...

i think it was about 3 hours altogether, no opening act.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon Dog. That paints with way too broad a brush.I don't assume "all" Democrats are alike or that "all"Republicans are alike. Lindsay Graham and whats-her-name Bachman are both active Republicans. Jim Thompson and George Ryan are both Republicans. None of them are alike. No reason to think anyone else in teh House is like Jesse Jr, regardless of party
And I'm nothing like Dog, dammit !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min danetoo 67,897
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr THE DEVIL 1,079,017
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr Pete 11
Cheap Tomatoes 2 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
demo-crats are the root of violent crime in chi... 2 hr yamimi 5
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect ... 2 hr Why 2
This Jew Can’t Support Israel 2 hr Why 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Guy 174,508
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••