Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75844 Nov 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
So I was supposed to meet A's boyfriend this weekend. I planned around it and left Saturday free (long story short) and after my crappy day yesterday I emailed her and half-jokingly Sadi that I better get to meet him after all that. She wrote back and said she must have forgotten to tell me but they switched weekends. I am so pissed; I planned around this because my friend A is important to me. Obviously when it's an SO things are different but still... I feel like all the stuff I did & didn't do to make myself available don't matter. And that's not true; indirectly it has cost me money, time, and my Saturday night plans. No more - if it works out it works out but I'm not planning around her boyfriend ever again.
she's really contorting herself to accommodate this guy.$10 says this weekend change was all his idea.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75845 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
she's really contorting herself to accommodate this guy.$10 says this weekend change was all his idea.
I'm in an dI will up it $5 that the bf will do whatever it takes to keep A and jamwow part and never neet her face to face

Location hidden

#75846 Nov 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in an dI will up it $5 that the bf will do whatever it takes to keep A and jamwow part and never neet her face to face
I think that's his motive as well!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#75847 Nov 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Not a word I would often use, but Sheeple in that District
And that's what you want for the rest of the country? I'll bet you people STILL vote democrat next time, then wonder why things aren't getting better. Then say it must be because of Republicans!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75848 Nov 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's what you want for the rest of the country? I'll bet you people STILL vote democrat next time, then wonder why things aren't getting better. Then say it must be because of Republicans!
Believe it or not, some people vote for certain PEOPLE and not just the party affiliation.

Location hidden

#75849 Nov 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your way is not the only way. Stop thinking that you're the only person who knows what's right and what's best.

Since: Mar 09

Brooklyn, NY

#75850 Nov 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in an dI will up it $5 that the bf will do whatever it takes to keep A and jamwow part and never neet her face to face
He can bite me. I've spent a lot of energy worrying about this and I tried to tell A my concerns in a loving way. Not saying I won't be there for her when the poo hits the fan but I'm done altering MY life to be accommodating. Not when it's costing me in multiple ways.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75851 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Your way is not the only way. Stop thinking that you're the only person who knows what's right and what's best.
Remember, don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

#75853 Nov 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
He can bite me. I've spent a lot of energy worrying about this and I tried to tell A my concerns in a loving way. Not saying I won't be there for her when the poo hits the fan but I'm done altering MY life to be accommodating. Not when it's costing me in multiple ways.
althgouh this may sound snarky, good for your for reaching that point... I've been that way (minus the $$ spent to accomodate) with one of my good friends. i'll text, i'll call, but no response, i'll tell her i'll bring a bottle of wine over instead of going for coffee because she's broke, but never a response to the invite. when she does come up for air, i've asked how high before she finshes saying jump in order to try to make things work to meet up with her. i think i've visited her in the hospital more htan i've been to her place in the last couple of years - and she's not that far from me.

It hurts to reach this point, but it does get liberating. it's ok to still worry about her and for her, but you're right, you've done a lot to try to meet up, and now, time for you!
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75854 Nov 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about that, you nervous Nellie. With Obama winning the election, the world is surely going to end long before the next presidential vote.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#75855 Nov 9, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think so, but I've only seen pictures so far.
I'll be in town again on 2 December.
We could fix that.
8^J
We so should do something this time. I'm gonna message you my cell # on facebook later. I would say "text me" but you're still in the dark ages with your phone lol <ducks>.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#75856 Nov 9, 2012
This one's for RACE...

FIVE DAYS TIL RUSH!!!!

ahem...<neener neener>

Carry on...
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75857 Nov 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Dog. That paints with way too broad a brush.I don't assume "all" Democrats are alike or that "all"Republicans are alike. Lindsay Graham and whats-her-name Bachman are both active Republicans. Jim Thompson and George Ryan are both Republicans. None of them are alike. No reason to think anyone else in teh House is like Jesse Jr, regardless of party

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

#75858 Nov 9, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
This one's for RACE...
FIVE DAYS TIL RUSH!!!!
ahem...<neener neener>
Carry on...
neener neener - saw them already - great show!! and i'm not a huge fan, but respect tehm, their longevity and artistry...

i think it was about 3 hours altogether, no opening act.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75859 Nov 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon Dog. That paints with way too broad a brush.I don't assume "all" Democrats are alike or that "all"Republicans are alike. Lindsay Graham and whats-her-name Bachman are both active Republicans. Jim Thompson and George Ryan are both Republicans. None of them are alike. No reason to think anyone else in teh House is like Jesse Jr, regardless of party
And I'm nothing like Dog, dammit !

Location hidden

#75860 Nov 9, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm nothing like Dog, dammit !
I get RAGEY when you describe the crap the Dems do to you guys over the election stuff! I want to smack them. They're giving us a bad name.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75861 Nov 9, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about that, you nervous Nellie. With Obama winning the election, the world is surely going to end long before the next presidential vote.
I certainly hope so!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75862 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
You ARE a right-winger, edog. You're not a moderate by any means. I just wish you'd OWN it and wear it, not deny it.
I am liberal on a couple of issues. I'm all for the legalization of marijuana and support a woman's right to chose. But because I'm opposed to gay marriage you're assuming I'm an extreme right. Now who's painting who with a broad brush? I'm all for a type of civil union, if that helps any, but "marriage" is strictly for one man and one woman who aren't related.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75863 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I get RAGEY when you describe the crap the Dems do to you guys over the election stuff! I want to smack them. They're giving us a bad name.
I know some people around here are just bullies. It is easy to be a bully when you are part of the majority.

Location hidden

#75864 Nov 9, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some people around here are just bullies. It is easy to be a bully when you are part of the majority.
I'm in the majority here where I live. I can't imagine being a bully with it. If anything, that position of strength that comes with being in the majority should let someone lighten up and not feel threatened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Jar, what life is all about. 59 min Thye human being 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 53,037
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 187,823
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 2 hr jorgeleone 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,224,041
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,797
College Scandals 11 hr music 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]