Comments
74,821 - 74,840 of 97,985 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75803 Nov 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Stopped at Target tonight, couldn't resist checking out things for my new bathroom. Got two new bathtowls, two handtowels, and new soap pump and toothbrush/toothpaste holder -- light aqua green being the main color, with some deep teal and grey thrown in. And a two-tone purple sheet set.
Yay! New home stuff! I don't do that often. I can't wait to buy long runners for the hallway!
Oh, and a new toilet brush and holder. I don't move those.$22. That seems quite high for moldest plastic and some bristles.
$22? I just got 3 new ones at Ikea for $2 a piece, choice of red black or white

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#75804 Nov 8, 2012
U Peepl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sonny. By the way, when you gonna stop by. Mom has been askin for ya
Tell mom I've been meaning to call but I've been busy stocking up on supplies and ammo. And I'm only avoiding stopping by because she's gonna put me to work.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75805 Nov 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
You ARE a right-winger, edog. You're not a moderate by any means. I just wish you'd OWN it and wear it, not deny it. While I have some conservative and even fascist beliefs, overall, I'm a left-wing tree-hugging rare-owl-beats-new-business-de velopment the rest of the way.
I'll debate how wrong you are when I get back from my white supremacy prayer meeting. Tonight is my turn to provide the beverage and I have to stop at the store for some white wine.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#75806 Nov 8, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I'm freaking adorable right?('.')
I think so, but I've only seen pictures so far.
I'll be in town again on 2 December.
We could fix that.
8^J

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75807 Nov 8, 2012
I'm watching 2.5 Men. Miley Cyrus is on AGAIN. This woman has no business getting paid to entertain people.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#75808 Nov 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Stopped at Target tonight, couldn't resist checking out things for my new bathroom. Got two new bathtowls, two handtowels, and new soap pump and toothbrush/toothpaste holder -- light aqua green being the main color, with some deep teal and grey thrown in. And a two-tone purple sheet set.
Yay! New home stuff! I don't do that often. I can't wait to buy long runners for the hallway!
Oh, and a new toilet brush and holder. I don't move those.$22. That seems quite high for moldest plastic and some bristles.
I don't move toilet stuff either. I get a new plunger every time I move (my toilet cleaner is the wand with disposable scrubbing pads).

Oh Em Gee... long day. Amazingly, our flight to NJ was scheduled to be on time. Then our pilot ended up in the ER so we had to wait for another one to arrive before leaving. He put the pedal to the metal though and announced that "this is as fast as this thing will go" and all said and done, made up some of the lost time.

Seminar tomorrow, then back to the airport. It's cold up here.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75809 Nov 9, 2012
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TNLLCVQ8VL...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI51VKDKLT...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75810 Nov 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>I don't move toilet stuff either. I get a new plunger every time I move (my toilet cleaner is the wand with disposable scrubbing pads).

Oh Em Gee... long day. Amazingly, our flight to NJ was scheduled to be on time. Then our pilot ended up in the ER so we had to wait for another one to arrive before leaving. He put the pedal to the metal though and announced that "this is as fast as this thing will go" and all said and done, made up some of the lost time.

Seminar tomorrow, then back to the airport. It's cold up here.
Glad you made it! Hope today is better for you!

Since: Mar 09

Newark, NJ

#75811 Nov 9, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you made it! Hope today is better for you!
Oh, I don't have problems compared to what's going on up here, I know that. I've just had amazingly bad luck with stupid, annoying stuff this week.

Location hidden

#75812 Nov 9, 2012
HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY!!!!! And payday!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#75813 Nov 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I don't have problems compared to what's going on up here, I know that. I've just had amazingly bad luck with stupid, annoying stuff this week.
I was talking to one of my friends last week. He is a firefighter and gets sent to fight the big forest fires that make national news. I was talking to him about how upset I was getting on my husband's behalf because he was going into towns that had mandatory evacuation orders and bringing generators to people who stayed or providing them protection from looters until an extraction team could get there.

He told me that they don't discriminate, they just do their jobs.

That made me step back and rethink a little bit.

----------

You are allowed to be upset and annoyed with everything that has been going on in your life lately, without comparing it to the mess going on around here.

I have to remind myself that I am allowed to enjoy things that are going well in my life without feeling guilty because there is still so much devastation around me (that is why I posted a pic of the boys enjoying themselves in the snow on FB yesterday).

Side note (I know this is getting long)- I just read that Sandy is going to be the second most expensive storm in US history, after Katrina.

Location hidden

#75814 Nov 9, 2012
I feel like Katrina was bigger, as in, caused more intense/serious damage to a larger area of land, but Sandy hit major population centers with tons of infrastructure, hence the expense.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#75815 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I feel like Katrina was bigger, as in, caused more intense/serious damage to a larger area of land, but Sandy hit major population centers with tons of infrastructure, hence the expense.
We learned a lot after Katrina and after Irene hit the NE last year. That made a big difference in how people prepared and how the weathermen err on the side of giving people as much warning as possible.

There are a couple pages comparing the two storms, but the damage here is still being assessed. Katrina was definitely a stronger storm, but I thought this article was interesting.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/stunning-n...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75816 Nov 9, 2012
One of my customers is in Parsipanny NJ. Just got their power back on yesterday.

Location hidden

#75817 Nov 9, 2012
The Jesse Jackson family should be ashamed for sucking at the public teat.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-jesse-jack...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75819 Nov 9, 2012
And the people of chicago should be ashamed of their idiocy!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The Jesse Jackson family should be ashamed for sucking at the public teat.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-jesse-jack...

Location hidden

#75820 Nov 9, 2012
RACE wrote:
And the people of chicago should be ashamed of their idiocy!
<quoted text>
Wasn't he running unopposed?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75821 Nov 9, 2012
Its bad enough that she was dumb enough to get suckered, but why in the world would she want to go on tv to tell the world how dumb she is? I canít imagine the police called the news station. I can only assume that she contacted the media.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/26663/texas_wom...

Location hidden

#75822 Nov 9, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Its bad enough that she was dumb enough to get suckered, but why in the world would she want to go on tv to tell the world how dumb she is? I canít imagine the police called the news station. I can only assume that she contacted the media.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/26663/texas_wom...
If she called the police, then reporters would see that. Reporters monitor police records daily then use that as story ideas.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75823 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't he running unopposed?
No. There was a republican and an independent on the ballot for his seat.

We (ok, not me personally) also elected for the state house someone who had already been kicked out the house for bribe-taking. He had already won the primary, so he couldn't be taken off the ballot. The democrates ran an "independent" to try and unseat him, but he was a loser too.

But at least those people are actually living. I read yesterday that in Alabama and one other state, they elected dead people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min sonicfilter 1,102,037
Sin City is in the Streets of Chicago. Where i... 21 min Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min LRS 177,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr the wandering girl 4,681
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE