|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
Anyone find this ad offensive?
I think people are just going thu life trying to manufacture reasons to be offended.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-l...
I think it's dumb, but I don't see what the BFD is.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Co-worker had best response. Said the ad was not offensive. It was stupid. Said he would rather go out to attempt to pick up sixes and sevens that watch a dumb game. Upon further review, I agree. Unless we're into the playoffs.:)
The word I would use for the ad is stupid. I hate that people are referred to as "sixes and sevens", though. I don't care if those people are women or men. Sure, I'll drool over a hot guy, but I don't go for the ranking system. That's what I object to in this ad.

I also don't like the implication that women aren't going to be interested in watching basketball.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
I think people are just going thu life trying to manufacture reasons to be offended.
Dumb, but what do expect for soemthing targetted at guys who can only aspire to 6's and 7's?

Actually, its a non starter as far as I am concerned

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

George Carlin: I never f'd a 10, but one night, I f'd five 2's. I think that should count as a positive achievement!
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
Wow, that writer must have had his sack removed at birth. Think it's dumb? Fine, I can see that. But to be offended? Ridiculous IMO. I frankly don't think putting a number on a person's attractiveness is any different than calling them hot or ugly or cute or handsome or whatever.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is the guy on NPR wasnít a bad guy. Neither was the reporter. The whole point of the story was about how there were more racial overtones in this election against Obama, than there would be if he were white. I actually agreed with that. In doing so, however, they inadvertently Ö and I donít think they even realized they were doing it Ö were showing race favoritism themselves.
Iíve actually heard similar things to what you have said, but ďIím aware of it and in order to control it, one needs to *be* aware of it,Ē is just completely foreign to me. I think this must be fear based. I don't have to deal with that. I'm pretty confident if push comes to shove, I'm going to be the one doing the shoving.
It's most definitely fear based. It's our innate fear of those who are different from us. Like I said, it goes waaaaayyyyy back in time to when we were simply bands of hunter/gatherers...not even tribes, just very small groups who protected their own and were fearful and suspicious of anyone different. It's never left us, we've just learned, intellectually, to try to ignore it for the most part because by-and-large, we aren't overly worried that someone is going to come along any second and try to kill us off to steal our mastodon. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

RACE wrote:
See! See what all that book lernin done ta ya!
<quoted text>
Ha!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's most definitely fear based. It's our innate fear of those who are different from us. Like I said, it goes waaaaayyyyy back in time to when we were simply bands of hunter/gatherers...not even tribes, just very small groups who protected their own and were fearful and suspicious of anyone different. It's never left us, we've just learned, intellectually, to try to ignore it for the most part because by-and-large, we aren't overly worried that someone is going to come along any second and try to kill us off to steal our mastodon. <shrug>
Plus, throw in real things that our white government did to black people (like the Tuskegee experiments, where we lied to poor black people and told them they were getting free medical care, when in fact they had syphilis and we were just letting it go untreated to see what would happen), and you can understand how that fear of government could take on epic proportions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

By the way, that experiment lasted FOR 40 YEARS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

"The victims of the study included numerous men who died of syphilis, wives who contracted the disease, and children born with congenital syphilis."

That's how shitty our government has been, can be, will be.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Edog this one's for you.

Disclaimer: This is only directed at Edog because he just flat pisses me off sometimes. Anyone else who supported Romney, I may not agree with you, but you all are (mostly) sane :) and I respect the fact that you put actual thought, rather than knee-jerk reaction into your decisions.

You said that Romney should have been a landslide. Hmmm

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/resu...

Looks like the "landslide" went the other way.

Carry on...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Edog this one's for you.
Disclaimer: This is only directed at Edog because he just flat pisses me off sometimes. Anyone else who supported Romney, I may not agree with you, but you all are (mostly) sane :) and I respect the fact that you put actual thought, rather than knee-jerk reaction into your decisions.
Carry on...
Oh, the Huffington post, they're not biased or slanted at all.

I was wrong about the election.

Hoping to God I'm wrong about the fallout.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

You're too cute to stay angry at!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Edog this one's for you.
Carry on...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support a woman's right to choose?
This is probably a loaded question, but yes.

Just because I am Republican, does not mean I am a radical right-winger. I understand that you liberals are unable to see a difference.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Europe.
When the stock market was down when Bush was in office, it was because of his policies.

When the stock market is down with Obama in office, it's because of Europe. I see.

Do people have to have a large portion of their brain removed to become a liberal? Or are you people just born that way?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Just because I am Republican, does not mean I am a radical right-winger.
I disagree.
U Peepl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
When the stock market was down when Bush was in office, it was because of his policies.
When the stock market is down with Obama in office, it's because of Europe. I see.
Do people have to have a large portion of their brain removed to become a liberal? Or are you people just born that way?
Sure sonny. By the way, when you gonna stop by. Mom has been askin for ya

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

RACE wrote:
You're too cute to stay angry at!
<quoted text>
I know. I'm freaking adorable right?('.')

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

You ARE a right-winger, edog. You're not a moderate by any means. I just wish you'd OWN it and wear it, not deny it. While I have some conservative and even fascist beliefs, overall, I'm a left-wing tree-hugging rare-owl-beats-new-business-de velopment the rest of the way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Stopped at Target tonight, couldn't resist checking out things for my new bathroom. Got two new bathtowls, two handtowels, and new soap pump and toothbrush/toothpaste holder -- light aqua green being the main color, with some deep teal and grey thrown in. And a two-tone purple sheet set.

Yay! New home stuff! I don't do that often. I can't wait to buy long runners for the hallway!

Oh, and a new toilet brush and holder. I don't move those.$22. That seems quite high for moldest plastic and some bristles.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,224
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 52 min Mr Peter 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 68,334
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,448
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr The Rogue 49,393
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,275
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Poppo 177,265
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••