“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75821 Nov 9, 2012
Its bad enough that she was dumb enough to get suckered, but why in the world would she want to go on tv to tell the world how dumb she is? I can’t imagine the police called the news station. I can only assume that she contacted the media.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/26663/texas_wom...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75822 Nov 9, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Its bad enough that she was dumb enough to get suckered, but why in the world would she want to go on tv to tell the world how dumb she is? I can’t imagine the police called the news station. I can only assume that she contacted the media.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/26663/texas_wom...
If she called the police, then reporters would see that. Reporters monitor police records daily then use that as story ideas.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75823 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't he running unopposed?
No. There was a republican and an independent on the ballot for his seat.

We (ok, not me personally) also elected for the state house someone who had already been kicked out the house for bribe-taking. He had already won the primary, so he couldn't be taken off the ballot. The democrates ran an "independent" to try and unseat him, but he was a loser too.

But at least those people are actually living. I read yesterday that in Alabama and one other state, they elected dead people.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#75824 Nov 9, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's most definitely fear based. It's our innate fear of those who are different from us. Like I said, it goes waaaaayyyyy back in time to when we were simply bands of hunter/gatherers...not even tribes, just very small groups who protected their own and were fearful and suspicious of anyone different. It's never left us, we've just learned, intellectually, to try to ignore it for the most part because by-and-large, we aren't overly worried that someone is going to come along any second and try to kill us off to steal our mastodon. <shrug>
:)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75825 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If she called the police, then reporters would see that. Reporters monitor police records daily then use that as story ideas.
Unles they paid her to appear on the news, I don't see any benefit to her to appear on tv illustrating what a dumbass she is to the whole community.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75826 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY!!!!! And payday!
Not my payday. Hand some over -- share the wealth.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#75827 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But he might as well have. If he ran in any other district he probably would not have been reelected.

Power in Chicago is a perceived thing. If your rep has power then maybe he/she can bring things into your district. That's probably what was in people's head. I dunno.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#75828 Nov 9, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There was a republican and an independent on the ballot for his seat.
We (ok, not me personally) also elected for the state house someone who had already been kicked out the house for bribe-taking. He had already won the primary, so he couldn't be taken off the ballot. The democrates ran an "independent" to try and unseat him, but he was a loser too.
But at least those people are actually living. I read yesterday that in Alabama and one other state, they elected dead people.
So are they going to get mediums to channel them during sessions?

Evanston IL

#75829 Nov 9, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So are they going to get mediums to channel them during sessions?
The story didn't say how that would be resolved. They were for county posts so I don't think government will come to a screeching halt without them.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75830 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The Jesse Jackson family should be ashamed for sucking at the public teat.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-jesse-jack...
If he kept the job for the benefits, he wouldn't be the first person to do so.

If he quit, his wife could get benefits as a Chicago alderman and put him on her plan.

On the whole, I would rather he suck at the Federal teat; it is better able to absorb his costs.

I only wish all the street people I see downtown who are clearly biploar could get inpatienet care at Mayo Clinic for months.

You are right though, the family should be ashamed of him. Did you see that one of teh charges is that he is facing is spending $14,000 for a watch for his girlfriend using campaign funds.

Like him or hate him Jackson Sr has spent years advancing blacks' place in society. Jackson Jr is reinforcing a negative stereotyp for me and menatl illness does not let him off teh hook for character defects. Sad.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75831 Nov 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There was even a write in candidate besides the Republican and the Independent.

Not a word I would often use, but Sheeple in that District

Evanston IL

#75832 Nov 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
If he kept the job for the benefits, he wouldn't be the first person to do so.
If he quit, his wife could get benefits as a Chicago alderman and put him on her plan.
On the whole, I would rather he suck at the Federal teat; it is better able to absorb his costs.
I only wish all the street people I see downtown who are clearly biploar could get inpatienet care at Mayo Clinic for months.
You are right though, the family should be ashamed of him. Did you see that one of teh charges is that he is facing is spending $14,000 for a watch for his girlfriend using campaign funds.
Like him or hate him Jackson Sr has spent years advancing blacks' place in society. Jackson Jr is reinforcing a negative stereotyp for me and menatl illness does not let him off teh hook for character defects. Sad.
My mother has a theory that when either 1) he's declared incompetent to serve or 2) they find him guilty of misconduct, Quinn will then appoint his wife to serve out his term.

It all seems so sketchy to me.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75833 Nov 9, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Unles they paid her to appear on the news, I don't see any benefit to her to appear on tv illustrating what a dumbass she is to the whole community.
There are lots of people who just want to be on TV.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#75834 Nov 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably a loaded question, but yes.
Just because I am Republican, does not mean I am a radical right-winger. I understand that you liberals are unable to see a difference.
That's why your response to every opinion with which you disagree is to label the person a liberal?
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#75835 Nov 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
When the stock market was down when Bush was in office, it was because of his policies.
When the stock market is down with Obama in office, it's because of Europe. I see.
Do people have to have a large portion of their brain removed to become a liberal? Or are you people just born that way?
Depends on the time frame, but that's the point. The reason for a day versus the reason for months or years can be different. The last year-and-a-half Bush was in office, the market lost nearly half its value. Not sure how you blame Clinton since he hadn't been in office for 6.5 years. Since Obama took office, the market has regained about 85% of what it lost under Bush. If you'd like to tell me how Bush gets credit for that turn-around instead of Obama despite the fact that it miraculously coincided with him leaving office, I am happy to listen.

Location hidden

#75836 Nov 9, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Unles they paid her to appear on the news, I don't see any benefit to her to appear on tv illustrating what a dumbass she is to the whole community.
ITA.

Location hidden

#75837 Nov 9, 2012
PEllen wrote:
ITA.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75838 Nov 9, 2012
For anyone who is in Key West on Nov 13

http://www.keywestisjerseystrong.org/

Location hidden

#75839 Nov 9, 2012
Vegetarian eaters: My coworker made black bean pancakes with salsa on top and said they were out of this world:

2 cups drained,cooked beans *mash in bowl with fork

then stir in
1 cup dairy (calls for cream, but he used 1% milk)
2 tbs oil or butter
1 egg
seasonings and salt… why not some cheese? screw it….yeah, cheese. HELL YES WE’RE ADDING SOME CHEESE IN HERE! I AM A GOD IN THE KITCHEN AND I REQUIRE CHEESE ALL UP IN THIS B! or not…your call

then mix in until it looks like pancake batter

then add 1 cup flour (add more dairy if too dry)

cook as you would pancakes

Black bean, pinto beans? Add salsa or sour cream as a topper
White beans (cannellini)? Pesto?
Other beans? Go for it.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75840 Nov 9, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother has a theory that when either 1) he's declared incompetent to serve or 2) they find him guilty of misconduct, Quinn will then appoint his wife to serve out his term.
It all seems so sketchy to me.
The governor can appoint someone to fill a Senate seat ( see, Blgojevich, f*ckin golden comment). A Congressional Rep seat seems to depend on when it comes vacant- most often there is a special election.

Your MIL may be right. Credible spouses are often put in place of deceased , and presumably disabled, congressman. How it is done is teh question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 3 min Le Jimbo 13
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Smart Alex 1,153,720
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Sunshine 181,786
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min scirocco 71,008
Amy 12-19 20 min pde 9
abby 12-19 1 hr Sublime1 6
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr not a ghost 357
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]