Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75789 Nov 8, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's most definitely fear based. It's our innate fear of those who are different from us. Like I said, it goes waaaaayyyyy back in time to when we were simply bands of hunter/gatherers...not even tribes, just very small groups who protected their own and were fearful and suspicious of anyone different. It's never left us, we've just learned, intellectually, to try to ignore it for the most part because by-and-large, we aren't overly worried that someone is going to come along any second and try to kill us off to steal our mastodon. <shrug>
Plus, throw in real things that our white government did to black people (like the Tuskegee experiments, where we lied to poor black people and told them they were getting free medical care, when in fact they had syphilis and we were just letting it go untreated to see what would happen), and you can understand how that fear of government could take on epic proportions.

Location hidden

#75790 Nov 8, 2012
By the way, that experiment lasted FOR 40 YEARS.

Location hidden

#75791 Nov 8, 2012
"The victims of the study included numerous men who died of syphilis, wives who contracted the disease, and children born with congenital syphilis."

That's how shitty our government has been, can be, will be.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#75793 Nov 8, 2012
Edog this one's for you.

Disclaimer: This is only directed at Edog because he just flat pisses me off sometimes. Anyone else who supported Romney, I may not agree with you, but you all are (mostly) sane :) and I respect the fact that you put actual thought, rather than knee-jerk reaction into your decisions.

You said that Romney should have been a landslide. Hmmm

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/resu...

Looks like the "landslide" went the other way.

Carry on...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#75794 Nov 8, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Edog this one's for you.
Disclaimer: This is only directed at Edog because he just flat pisses me off sometimes. Anyone else who supported Romney, I may not agree with you, but you all are (mostly) sane :) and I respect the fact that you put actual thought, rather than knee-jerk reaction into your decisions.
Carry on...
Oh, the Huffington post, they're not biased or slanted at all.

I was wrong about the election.

Hoping to God I'm wrong about the fallout.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#75795 Nov 8, 2012
You're too cute to stay angry at!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Edog this one's for you.
Carry on...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75796 Nov 8, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support a woman's right to choose?
This is probably a loaded question, but yes.

Just because I am Republican, does not mean I am a radical right-winger. I understand that you liberals are unable to see a difference.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75797 Nov 8, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Europe.
When the stock market was down when Bush was in office, it was because of his policies.

When the stock market is down with Obama in office, it's because of Europe. I see.

Do people have to have a large portion of their brain removed to become a liberal? Or are you people just born that way?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#75798 Nov 8, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Just because I am Republican, does not mean I am a radical right-winger.
I disagree.
U Peepl

Chicago, IL

#75799 Nov 8, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
When the stock market was down when Bush was in office, it was because of his policies.
When the stock market is down with Obama in office, it's because of Europe. I see.
Do people have to have a large portion of their brain removed to become a liberal? Or are you people just born that way?
Sure sonny. By the way, when you gonna stop by. Mom has been askin for ya

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#75800 Nov 8, 2012
RACE wrote:
You're too cute to stay angry at!
<quoted text>
I know. I'm freaking adorable right?('.')

Location hidden

#75801 Nov 8, 2012
You ARE a right-winger, edog. You're not a moderate by any means. I just wish you'd OWN it and wear it, not deny it. While I have some conservative and even fascist beliefs, overall, I'm a left-wing tree-hugging rare-owl-beats-new-business-de velopment the rest of the way.

Location hidden

#75802 Nov 8, 2012
Stopped at Target tonight, couldn't resist checking out things for my new bathroom. Got two new bathtowls, two handtowels, and new soap pump and toothbrush/toothpaste holder -- light aqua green being the main color, with some deep teal and grey thrown in. And a two-tone purple sheet set.

Yay! New home stuff! I don't do that often. I can't wait to buy long runners for the hallway!

Oh, and a new toilet brush and holder. I don't move those.$22. That seems quite high for moldest plastic and some bristles.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75803 Nov 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Stopped at Target tonight, couldn't resist checking out things for my new bathroom. Got two new bathtowls, two handtowels, and new soap pump and toothbrush/toothpaste holder -- light aqua green being the main color, with some deep teal and grey thrown in. And a two-tone purple sheet set.
Yay! New home stuff! I don't do that often. I can't wait to buy long runners for the hallway!
Oh, and a new toilet brush and holder. I don't move those.$22. That seems quite high for moldest plastic and some bristles.
$22? I just got 3 new ones at Ikea for $2 a piece, choice of red black or white

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75804 Nov 8, 2012
U Peepl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sonny. By the way, when you gonna stop by. Mom has been askin for ya
Tell mom I've been meaning to call but I've been busy stocking up on supplies and ammo. And I'm only avoiding stopping by because she's gonna put me to work.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75805 Nov 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
You ARE a right-winger, edog. You're not a moderate by any means. I just wish you'd OWN it and wear it, not deny it. While I have some conservative and even fascist beliefs, overall, I'm a left-wing tree-hugging rare-owl-beats-new-business-de velopment the rest of the way.
I'll debate how wrong you are when I get back from my white supremacy prayer meeting. Tonight is my turn to provide the beverage and I have to stop at the store for some white wine.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#75806 Nov 8, 2012
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I'm freaking adorable right?('.')
I think so, but I've only seen pictures so far.
I'll be in town again on 2 December.
We could fix that.
8^J

Location hidden

#75807 Nov 8, 2012
I'm watching 2.5 Men. Miley Cyrus is on AGAIN. This woman has no business getting paid to entertain people.

Miami, FL

#75808 Nov 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't move toilet stuff either. I get a new plunger every time I move (my toilet cleaner is the wand with disposable scrubbing pads).

Oh Em Gee... long day. Amazingly, our flight to NJ was scheduled to be on time. Then our pilot ended up in the ER so we had to wait for another one to arrive before leaving. He put the pedal to the metal though and announced that "this is as fast as this thing will go" and all said and done, made up some of the lost time.

Seminar tomorrow, then back to the airport. It's cold up here.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75809 Nov 9, 2012
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TNLLCVQ8VL...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI51VKDKLT...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min shinningelectr0n 1,264,193
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 56 min joey 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Dr Guru 194,660
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr budd 54,342
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 8 hr The Cloud 1
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 13 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 13 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages