Comments
74,581 - 74,600 of 97,562 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75551
Nov 6, 2012
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of working poor who need some help. Too bad you would deny them that because some others abuse the system. Throw the baby out with the bathwater, eh?
No.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75552
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Has Mittens Rmoney ever 'worked' a day in his life? How 'bout pay taxes? I don't mean 'tithing'.
Yes.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75553
Nov 6, 2012
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So my friend M and his two adult siblings got an email from their dad this morning,t elling them who to vote for in every election, and instructing them to vote for the anti-gay-marriage amendment. N went ballistic on their dad (N is 30 and married with a kid), told him “The way I was raised by you and mom to care about others and to be inclusive and tolerant of people who are different from me and people I disagree, everything you said in this email goes against that.” Both M and N chewed out their dad and said to never send a political email like that to them again. This is the dad who sleeps on the couch so his adult daughter can sleep with her mom in the marital bed.
Kudos to your friend for speaking up. Her dad is an idiot.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75554
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
as usual, you make no sense. Your reputation stands!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75555
Nov 6, 2012
 
Lunch today: two spicy black bean veggie burgers (yum!). Plus nacho cheese doritos and two poptarts. Lunch of champions.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75556
Nov 6, 2012
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Lunch today: two spicy black bean veggie burgers (yum!). Plus nacho cheese doritos and two poptarts. Lunch of champions.
That sounds good. I'm currently debating between a salad (at a yummy salad place, I do like them) vs. Taco Bell. I just had a conversation about Taco Bell and even though it was in the context of "drunk end of the night pit stop" it still makes me want it.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75557
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>There are a lot of working poor who need some help. Too bad you would deny them that because some others abuse the system. Throw the baby out with the bathwater, eh?
You make it sound so nice when really it is the government, through the threat of imprisonment, taking $$ from some families, forcing them to do with less, and handing it over to others, who feel entitled to it. Let's be honest and call it what it is, which is a handout.

F' going out and getting yours through hard work ... just pi$$ and f'ing moan about how hard you have it, how bad your situation is (magically through no fault of your own ... of course) and elect folks who will take shyte from other people and give it to you ... the democrat way ... that's what you refer to as "help."

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75558
Nov 6, 2012
 
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! I called them "zoomers", cause well...
Lol, cheah...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75559
Nov 6, 2012
 
j_m_w wrote:
I'm signed up for painting and wine tonight with a friend. No TVs, no states turning red or blue, just painting tulips and sipping wine. The perfect way for me to wrap up election day.
My polling place was so poorly run, it was very frustrating. Then there was a road closed on the way to work so traffic sucked. I wish I could start the wine sipping part now.
Took me 2 hr 25 min. You?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75560
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
as usual, you make no sense. Your reputation stands!
Yes, because I'm opposed to socialism, I must also be opposed to all social programs. Just like people who are opposed to gay marriage MUST be homophobes. What a narrow minded world you live in.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75561
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because I'm opposed to socialism, I must also be opposed to all social programs. Just like people who are opposed to gay marriage MUST be homophobes. What a narrow minded world you live in.
So she's narrow minded for not being open to how narrow minded you are? Dipwad.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75562
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make it sound so nice when really it is the government, through the threat of imprisonment, taking $$ from some families, forcing them to do with less, and handing it over to others, who feel entitled to it. Let's be honest and call it what it is, which is a handout.
F' going out and getting yours through hard work ... just pi$$ and f'ing moan about how hard you have it, how bad your situation is (magically through no fault of your own ... of course) and elect folks who will take shyte from other people and give it to you ... the democrat way ... that's what you refer to as "help."
Tough shit. There are families/people out there struggling, AND WORKING, and they need more help. Deal with it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75563
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because I'm opposed to socialism, I must also be opposed to all social programs.
Sounds like it.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like people who are opposed to gay marriage MUST be homophobes. What a narrow minded world you live in.
Pretty much.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75564
Nov 6, 2012
 
Wow, some tear jerker stories here:

http://www.donatelifefloat.org/prod/component...

It's about the 2013 Rose Bowl parade float dedicated to organ donation, featuring recipients, with photos of donors, including Matt Logelin's ("Two Kisses for Maddy") wife, Liz.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75565
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough shit. There are families/people out there struggling, AND WORKING, and they need more help. Deal with it.
Maybe they should examine the personal decisions they made in life, make better choices in the future, and work extra hard to get them out of the hole that they dug for themselves (I know, but it is so much easier if other folks do that extra work to get you out of the hole that YOU dug, and heck, you are entitled to this, so why not <sarcasm>).

I point out, no one forces a person to have a family that they can't afford. I also point out that no one forces a person to get married when they can't even care for themselves. I personally think it is irresponsible to do so and don't have a great deal of sympathy for such folks.

I know personal responsibility is a foreign concept to some, but many of us feel we have our own families to care for and we shouldn't be burdened with doing more and more and more and more for folks who want an ever increasing amount of handouts, or "help" as you like to call it.

Democrat mindset: Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa, I'm struggling - someone else do the work to make me not struggle. I'm entitled to this.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75566
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should examine the personal decisions they made in life, make better choices in the future, and work extra hard to get them out of the hole that they dug for themselves (I know, but it is so much easier if other folks do that extra work to get you out of the hole that YOU dug, and heck, you are entitled to this, so why not <sarcasm>).
I point out, no one forces a person to have a family that they can't afford. I also point out that no one forces a person to get married when they can't even care for themselves. I personally think it is irresponsible to do so and don't have a great deal of sympathy for such folks.
I know personal responsibility is a foreign concept to some, but many of us feel we have our own families to care for and we shouldn't be burdened with doing more and more and more and more for folks who want an ever increasing amount of handouts, or "help" as you like to call it.
Democrat mindset: Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa, I'm struggling - someone else do the work to make me not struggle. I'm entitled to this.
Yup, maybe they shoulda cuolda woulda. But they didn't. now there are kids. And since my fabulous idea of children's homes won't be popular enough to take hold, we're stuck with helping those kids whether we want to or not.

And I assure you, that is not a democrat thing. Thereare PLENTY of people accepting financial help who vote republican.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75567
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should examine the personal decisions they made in life, make better choices in the future, and work extra hard to get them out of the hole that they dug for themselves (I know, but it is so much easier if other folks do that extra work to get you out of the hole that YOU dug, and heck, you are entitled to this, so why not <sarcasm>).
I point out, no one forces a person to have a family that they can't afford. I also point out that no one forces a person to get married when they can't even care for themselves. I personally think it is irresponsible to do so and don't have a great deal of sympathy for such folks.
I know personal responsibility is a foreign concept to some, but many of us feel we have our own families to care for and we shouldn't be burdened with doing more and more and more and more for folks who want an ever increasing amount of handouts, or "help" as you like to call it.
Democrat mindset: Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa, I'm struggling - someone else do the work to make me not struggle. I'm entitled to this.
Tough love, eh buddy?

And yet you believe a government should enforce this and make your life that much better.

Sheesh.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75568
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
So she's narrow minded for not being open to how narrow minded you are? Dipwad.
What makes you think I'm narrow minded?

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75569
Nov 6, 2012
 
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should examine the personal decisions they made in life, make better choices in the future, and work extra hard to get them out of the hole that they dug for themselves (I know, but it is so much easier if other folks do that extra work to get you out of the hole that YOU dug, and heck, you are entitled to this, so why not <sarcasm>).
I point out, no one forces a person to have a family that they can't afford. I also point out that no one forces a person to get married when they can't even care for themselves. I personally think it is irresponsible to do so and don't have a great deal of sympathy for such folks.
I know personal responsibility is a foreign concept to some, but many of us feel we have our own families to care for and we shouldn't be burdened with doing more and more and more and more for folks who want an ever increasing amount of handouts, or "help" as you like to call it.
Democrat mindset: Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa, I'm struggling - someone else do the work to make me not struggle. I'm entitled to this.
as a counter point to this, and y'all know how often i get into these discussions, i have a friend who has struggled all her life. she struggled through school, found a certificate program and graduated from that after high school. she did marry and have 2 kids, and has always lived modestly. then her husband etiher developed a mental illness or it had been latent and sometihgn triggered it. his illness manifests itself as impulsivity. one day, instead of going to work, he went for a drive. for two days. she had troopers in 3 states watching for his return.

he continued his impulsivity by buying property in other states, changing jobs across the country, quitting on a whim, not following through with treatment and meds, and the like.

she's turned into a single mother, working 2 jobs, to support her kids on her own, and deal with her husband on top of it. at times, he's quit a relatively stable job for a frivolous reason, and after awhile and a lot of her prodding, he's foudn somethng new, but it's a "joe job" at mcdonald's or a gas station. they've had to declare personal bankruptcy because of him. lately, he's been living and working out of state, and i don't trust that he's sending money as he has promised.

her struggles have made me re-examine my attitudes about social services. she has had to go without medical stuff because they don't ahve insurance and (for example) the dentist wont' take installments, they don't have cable or internet, and she's got basic cell service. tehy rent in the country where it's cheaper, so she's spending more on gas and time getting to her jobs. she doesn't need constant assistance, but a boost every now and again will help keep her above water.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75570
Nov 6, 2012
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like it.
<quoted text>
Pretty much.
Told you so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Eman 1,082,119
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min HughBe 68,392
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min IV XX romans 68,044
Amy 7-28 8 min Kuuipo 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,914
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min SpaceBlues 45,823
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,939
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••