Comments
74,541 - 74,560 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75513 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there were like 11 dogs who mauled the kid to death! I jump in there, then you have six dogs on the kid and five on me. No thanks.
Plus, I might have a broken leg or two after that jump. Sorry, I'm dialing 911 and running for the nearest zoo keeper. Pretty much anything to not watch the events unfolding.

Heh, but I am totally picturing the end part of Ron Burgundy, where he and Christina Applegate's characters end up in the bear pit at the zoo.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#75515 Nov 5, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know about jelly smearing, but I DO know about an incident involving idiot parents whose kids were tossing marshmallows to a bear while dad filmed it. When they ran out, bear started towards them. They got in car and bear was injured during their escape.(this is the Reader's Digest condensed version)
Friends reported it to rangers and the parents were fined and kicked out of park.
Bear was badly injured and had to be put down.
That's sad and terrible. I feel bad for the kids (because their parents are morons) and the bear (because the kids' parents are morons).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#75516 Nov 5, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I had to do a web search on this, not to call you out, but to read about these idiots. However, the first thing I found was on snopes calling it an urban legend.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/bearmau...
I've never thougth to check there. We were told this by a park ranger in Yellowstone when I was a kid - so maybe early '80s.

But I know that people do othe equally stupid things in national parks, like the lady using an electric skillet to cook up her steak dinner in the bathroom. Thanks for now making that facility the most sought-out place in the park by the bears, idiot.

Miami, FL

#75517 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I want to see Honey Boo Boo v. Honey Badger.
Heh. My money's on Boo Boo.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75518 Nov 5, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. My money's on Boo Boo.
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#75519 Nov 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.
Go-go juice. Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Enjoy that hole in your stomach lining, darlin'.

Why do I even know this? I watched the show for 5 minutes ONCE.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75520 Nov 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "Juice" is actually 5-hour energy and monster drinks. The mombies just call it some "Juice" name to get the kids to drink it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75521 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go-go juice. Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Enjoy that hole in your stomach lining, darlin'.
I never watched it yet I know she has special juice. I saw her on the Cooper Anderson show. Of course, I've also seen the bazillion commercials for the show as well.

Miami, FL

#75522 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "Juice" is actually 5-hour energy and monster drinks. The mombies just call it some "Juice" name to get the kids to drink it.
That is efffffed uuuuuup.

Location hidden

#75523 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the moms and their daughters on Anderson Cooper. It was enough.

Location hidden

#75524 Nov 5, 2012
Of course, I think it's borderline child abuse -- and absolutely bad parenting -- to give high-caffeine drinks to young kids.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75525 Nov 5, 2012
I must live in a cave. I've never seen a single commercial for Honey Boo Boo. Never even heard of it. I watch College Gameday on Saturdays and the first time I ever saw a reference to it was someone in the crowd had a sign that was insulting to someone by referenceing honey boo boo. No idea what the show is about(though I think someone told me once), no idea when its on or what channel.

Miami, FL

#75526 Nov 5, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
I must live in a cave. I've never seen a single commercial for Honey Boo Boo. Never even heard of it. I watch College Gameday on Saturdays and the first time I ever saw a reference to it was someone in the crowd had a sign that was insulting to someone by referenceing honey boo boo. No idea what the show is about(though I think someone told me once), no idea when its on or what channel.
I envy your ignorance. I wish I could un-see and un-know all that I do about Honey Boo Boo.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75527 Nov 5, 2012
Same here, we must live in "Bedrock."
Mister Tonka wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#75528 Nov 5, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
TLC. Remember when that stood for "The Learning Channel"?

I don't watch a lot of commercials, nor do I channel flip very often. I think my internet habits clue me in to a lot of these weird pop culture things.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#75529 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Of course, I think it's borderline child abuse -- and absolutely bad parenting -- to give high-caffeine drinks to young kids.
Yeah. I didn't even like that my SIL was drinking Monsters and macchiatos in late high school. But then, I think had I been in to caffeine then, my grades would have been much better.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#75530 Nov 5, 2012
RACE wrote:
Same here, we must live in "Bedrock."
<quoted text>
Same here.

Location hidden

#75531 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
TLC. Remember when that stood for "The Learning Channel"?
I don't watch a lot of commercials, nor do I channel flip very often. I think my internet habits clue me in to a lot of these weird pop culture things.
I remember when TLC was focused on doctors on Sundays, in that, the shows were highly technical and totally aimed at physicians and other medical professionals, talking about breakthroughs and new developments in medicine. I saw a vasectomy on that channel one Sunday. And another night, I saw them perform a mastectomy, then use the woman's own belly fat to make her a new breast out of her own skin and tissue. Fascinating stuff.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#75532 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I didn't even like that my SIL was drinking Monsters and macchiatos in late high school. But then, I think had I been in to caffeine then, my grades would have been much better.
So you didn't do any No-Doz in high school?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#75533 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to pop ephedrine like it was going out of style, in high school. It was just a tool to keep the party going on and on ... and on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Learn to Read 177,353
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 68,954
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min mahz 49,464
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min voice of peace 68,353
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 59 min newpoly 1,903
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,099,857
The monkey in the room 1 hr hands on AR 2
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE