Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

It's still there for me. All I said was:
"People in the comments on CNN's version of the story are saying "Why didn't bystanders jump in and k i c k the d o g s away?" Ah, yeah, if it was my kid, sure, I could see doing that. Bystander? I don't think so."

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Makes you wonder what? You think she threw the kid in?
I dunno, people have done worse. Probably not, but...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

I want to see Honey Boo Boo v. Honey Badger.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
It's still there for me. All I said was:
"People in the comments on CNN's version of the story are saying "Why didn't bystanders jump in and k i c k the d o g s away?" Ah, yeah, if it was my kid, sure, I could see doing that. Bystander? I don't think so."
Because there were like 11 dogs who mauled the kid to death! I jump in there, then you have six dogs on the kid and five on me. No thanks.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Where in the hell have you read about this? I've never heard of such stupidity and would say you're making it up if I thought you had a motive to do so.
Don't know about jelly smearing, but I DO know about an incident involving idiot parents whose kids were tossing marshmallows to a bear while dad filmed it. When they ran out, bear started towards them. They got in car and bear was injured during their escape.(this is the Reader's Digest condensed version)
Friends reported it to rangers and the parents were fined and kicked out of park.
Bear was badly injured and had to be put down.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there were like 11 dogs who mauled the kid to death! I jump in there, then you have six dogs on the kid and five on me. No thanks.
Plus, I might have a broken leg or two after that jump. Sorry, I'm dialing 911 and running for the nearest zoo keeper. Pretty much anything to not watch the events unfolding.

Heh, but I am totally picturing the end part of Ron Burgundy, where he and Christina Applegate's characters end up in the bear pit at the zoo.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know about jelly smearing, but I DO know about an incident involving idiot parents whose kids were tossing marshmallows to a bear while dad filmed it. When they ran out, bear started towards them. They got in car and bear was injured during their escape.(this is the Reader's Digest condensed version)
Friends reported it to rangers and the parents were fined and kicked out of park.
Bear was badly injured and had to be put down.
That's sad and terrible. I feel bad for the kids (because their parents are morons) and the bear (because the kids' parents are morons).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I had to do a web search on this, not to call you out, but to read about these idiots. However, the first thing I found was on snopes calling it an urban legend.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/bearmau...
I've never thougth to check there. We were told this by a park ranger in Yellowstone when I was a kid - so maybe early '80s.

But I know that people do othe equally stupid things in national parks, like the lady using an electric skillet to cook up her steak dinner in the bathroom. Thanks for now making that facility the most sought-out place in the park by the bears, idiot.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I want to see Honey Boo Boo v. Honey Badger.
Heh. My money's on Boo Boo.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. My money's on Boo Boo.
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.
Go-go juice. Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Enjoy that hole in your stomach lining, darlin'.

Why do I even know this? I watched the show for 5 minutes ONCE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "Juice" is actually 5-hour energy and monster drinks. The mombies just call it some "Juice" name to get the kids to drink it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go-go juice. Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Enjoy that hole in your stomach lining, darlin'.
I never watched it yet I know she has special juice. I saw her on the Cooper Anderson show. Of course, I've also seen the bazillion commercials for the show as well.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "Juice" is actually 5-hour energy and monster drinks. The mombies just call it some "Juice" name to get the kids to drink it.
That is efffffed uuuuuup.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the moms and their daughters on Anderson Cooper. It was enough.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Of course, I think it's borderline child abuse -- and absolutely bad parenting -- to give high-caffeine drinks to young kids.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

I must live in a cave. I've never seen a single commercial for Honey Boo Boo. Never even heard of it. I watch College Gameday on Saturdays and the first time I ever saw a reference to it was someone in the crowd had a sign that was insulting to someone by referenceing honey boo boo. No idea what the show is about(though I think someone told me once), no idea when its on or what channel.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
I must live in a cave. I've never seen a single commercial for Honey Boo Boo. Never even heard of it. I watch College Gameday on Saturdays and the first time I ever saw a reference to it was someone in the crowd had a sign that was insulting to someone by referenceing honey boo boo. No idea what the show is about(though I think someone told me once), no idea when its on or what channel.
I envy your ignorance. I wish I could un-see and un-know all that I do about Honey Boo Boo.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Same here, we must live in "Bedrock."
Mister Tonka wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
TLC. Remember when that stood for "The Learning Channel"?

I don't watch a lot of commercials, nor do I channel flip very often. I think my internet habits clue me in to a lot of these weird pop culture things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RealDave 1,079,080
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Terry rigsby 48,868
Amy 7-24 54 min RACE 2
Abby 7-24 1 hr RACE 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,899
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,368
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••