Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
So I was just walking the dogs, and my cheapo flip-flop broke. I had to carry it home and of course ran into the neighbor downstairs whose balcony is right by the door. Crazy glue, don't fail me now!
I hate when that happens. Those cheap flipflops can be so, so comfortable and I sometimes use them around the house -- almost like slippers in a way.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when that happens. Those cheap flipflops can be so, so comfortable and I sometimes use them around the house -- almost like slippers in a way.
These are strictly dog-walking flip-flops, and the drunken glue job seems to have worked.
:)

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Early voting - not so much. I didn't have 4 hours to kill standing in line, so I'll just get up early on Tuesday and vote like I always do.

Now I'm wondering if I can conjure up a few hundred bucks before my appointment today in the event that I have to write a check that wipes out all my cash for a deposit. Probably not, so ramen noodles & cat food for me for awhile!
;)

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Going out on a limb and putting Jordy Nelson in my fantasy lineup for now, even though he's still technically questionable. I need to remember to keep an eye on this tomorrow morning though.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Early voting - not so much. I didn't have 4 hours to kill standing in line, so I'll just get up early on Tuesday and vote like I always do.
Now I'm wondering if I can conjure up a few hundred bucks before my appointment today in the event that I have to write a check that wipes out all my cash for a deposit. Probably not, so ramen noodles & cat food for me for awhile!
;)
Talk to the people. A lot of times you can put a minimal amount down and also give a post-dated check. Tell him/her it's timing is all. Some people are understanding and can work with you. At least maybe then you can upgrade to a better soup and peanut butter and jelly.:)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
Hey Jessie, I heard the union utility workers in New Jersey are turning away outside help because they're non-union. Know aything about this?
Yeah, it has happened in a couple of towns. The governor strongly disagrees with this because he has said that we will take all the help that we can get.

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to the people. A lot of times you can put a minimal amount down and also give a post-dated check. Tell him/her it's timing is all. Some people are understanding and can work with you. At least maybe then you can upgrade to a better soup and peanut butter and jelly.:)
I'm safe for now, no final decisions made. I do like one enough to potentially move into, but I want to at least sleep on it and give it a few days to see if anything else pops up.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm safe for now, no final decisions made. I do like one enough to potentially move into, but I want to at least sleep on it and give it a few days to see if anything else pops up.
Good luck. It's probably a good idea you take your time with your decision.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it has happened in a couple of towns. The governor strongly disagrees with this because he has said that we will take all the help that we can get.
Truly a shame that unions are putting themselves above everyone else. Lives be dammed!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a good idea to check out the neighborhood at various times over a couple of days. Don't want to see you writing Amby because you moved to a new place and now you have to deal with screaming children and a naked fat guy who doesn't own blinds and barking dogs in the middle of the night.

:)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Ugh, I had human centipede nightmares last night thanks to you people.

Must find something more pleasant to think about today.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
Ugh, I had human centipede nightmares last night thanks to you people.
Must find something more pleasant to think about today.
Me in a speedo with a rose clenched between my teeth.

So much for sleeping in today, I'm an hour behind!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Well, at least that image literally made me laugh out loud! Thank you for that :)

I am being lazy this morning. Been awake since 5 am, but I'm still hanging out in bed watching TV while the boys play with trains in the other room and my husband is at work.

Later today I have to go out to do some election related errands and check in on some neighbors who are still without power. The boys can keep my grandmother company while I do that.

I am so frustrated with Romney's campaign. They keep shooting themselves in the foot. I got a robocall yesterday for a moneybomb for the campaign. When I zeroed out, the person who answered (who I know is just a volunteer) said that they have no control over where the calls are going. Someone does, though, and those calls should not be going to Jersey right now.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

An hour behind dog? Surey you jest.
Here I am, awake at 8 on a Sunday, since my body thinks it's 9...a much better time to wake on a weekend.

Have church then must get all my stuff prepared for my conference this week! Flying to Portland on W to present. Stoked.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

cheluzal wrote:
Here I am, awake at 8 on a Sunday, since my body thinks it's 9...a much better time to wake on a weekend.

Have church then must get all my stuff prepared for my conference this week! Flying to Portland on W to present. Stoked.
Yay! Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

cheluzal wrote:
I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
Well, at least that image literally made me laugh out loud! Thank you for that :)
I am being lazy this morning. Been awake since 5 am, but I'm still hanging out in bed watching TV while the boys play with trains in the other room and my husband is at work.
Later today I have to go out to do some election related errands and check in on some neighbors who are still without power. The boys can keep my grandmother company while I do that.
I am so frustrated with Romney's campaign. They keep shooting themselves in the foot. I got a robocall yesterday for a moneybomb for the campaign. When I zeroed out, the person who answered (who I know is just a volunteer) said that they have no control over where the calls are going. Someone does, though, and those calls should not be going to Jersey right now.
I saw a headline that NJ is going to allow fax and email votes. How is that going to work? Maybe its my IL background, but I can think of a bunch of ways that can go wrong.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a headline that NJ is going to allow fax and email votes. How is that going to work? Maybe its my IL background, but I can think of a bunch of ways that can go wrong.
It's not for all of NJ (the headlines have been misleading)- only residents who have been displaced by the storm or first responders. I think there are good intentions behind the plan, but I don't see how it is going to work.

Here is a response that I wrote to one of my cousins who commented on it earlier today (I am too lazy to modify my answer for this forum):

According to the article, email and fax votes are only being accepted for displaced persons and first responders. How do they prove/determine that? Also, you have to submit a request and wait for them to get back to you. Someone who is displaced is not going to have all day to sit next to a computer and wait for the county clerk's office to respond.

I coordinate the Republican poll clerks for my town, so I have to work with our county clerk's office quite often. They are doing all they can right now to make this election as normal as possible for the voters, but even at the best of times their lack of interoffice communication and willingness to give the public misinformation rather than taking a minute to find out the actual answer to a query is astounding.

I think there are good intentions behind this, but not enough training or preparation (on top of the stress and confusion that the residents of the affected areas are already feeling) for it to be effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,501 - 74,520 of97,515
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,822
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min truth 48,849
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 30 min danetoo 67,890
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,493
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Hey now 45,763
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 2 hr Must be you 7
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search