Topix Chitown Regulars

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75502 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2012/11/04/14922258-boy-fall s-into-pittsburgh-zoo-exhibit- mauled-to-death-by-african-pai nted-dogs?lite
Seriously, I cringe every time I see some small kid teetering on the edge of one of these enclosures. Do people just think they're invincible since it's a zoo?
I gotta just shake my head at this stuff. The walls and fences are there for a reason, people!

And yes, I think people assume that because the animals are in a zoo they're somehow less dangerous. They think the same thing at national parks, where idiots think it's ok to smear jelly on their kids' faces to take pictures while the bears lick it off or get upset when their car is damaged because they got too close to the rutting buffalo. <more head shaking>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75503 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
The above post got flagged as possibly inappropriate. I don't get it.
What did it say, cause its gone.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75504 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
The above post got flagged as possibly inappropriate. I don't get it.
feel free to PM me whatever disgusting filth you were trying to post.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75505 Nov 5, 2012
squishymama wrote:
They think the same thing at national parks, where idiots think it's ok to smear jelly on their kids' faces to take pictures while the bears lick it off
WTF? Where in the hell have you read about this? I've never heard of such stupidity and would say you're making it up if I thought you had a motive to do so.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#75506 Nov 5, 2012
You have got to be kidding me... I have never heard of this type of asshattedness.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
where idiots think it's ok to smear jelly on their kids' faces to take pictures while the bears lick it off

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75507 Nov 5, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta just shake my head at this stuff. The walls and fences are there for a reason, people!
And yes, I think people assume that because the animals are in a zoo they're somehow less dangerous. They think the same thing at national parks, where idiots think it's ok to smear jelly on their kids' faces to take pictures while the bears lick it off or get upset when their car is damaged because they got too close to the rutting buffalo. <more head shaking>
I had to do a web search on this, not to call you out, but to read about these idiots. However, the first thing I found was on snopes calling it an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/bearmau...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75508 Nov 5, 2012
It's still there for me. All I said was:
"People in the comments on CNN's version of the story are saying "Why didn't bystanders jump in and k i c k the d o g s away?" Ah, yeah, if it was my kid, sure, I could see doing that. Bystander? I don't think so."

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75509 Nov 5, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Makes you wonder what? You think she threw the kid in?
I dunno, people have done worse. Probably not, but...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75510 Nov 5, 2012
I want to see Honey Boo Boo v. Honey Badger.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75511 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
It's still there for me. All I said was:
"People in the comments on CNN's version of the story are saying "Why didn't bystanders jump in and k i c k the d o g s away?" Ah, yeah, if it was my kid, sure, I could see doing that. Bystander? I don't think so."
Because there were like 11 dogs who mauled the kid to death! I jump in there, then you have six dogs on the kid and five on me. No thanks.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#75512 Nov 5, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Where in the hell have you read about this? I've never heard of such stupidity and would say you're making it up if I thought you had a motive to do so.
Don't know about jelly smearing, but I DO know about an incident involving idiot parents whose kids were tossing marshmallows to a bear while dad filmed it. When they ran out, bear started towards them. They got in car and bear was injured during their escape.(this is the Reader's Digest condensed version)
Friends reported it to rangers and the parents were fined and kicked out of park.
Bear was badly injured and had to be put down.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75513 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there were like 11 dogs who mauled the kid to death! I jump in there, then you have six dogs on the kid and five on me. No thanks.
Plus, I might have a broken leg or two after that jump. Sorry, I'm dialing 911 and running for the nearest zoo keeper. Pretty much anything to not watch the events unfolding.

Heh, but I am totally picturing the end part of Ron Burgundy, where he and Christina Applegate's characters end up in the bear pit at the zoo.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#75515 Nov 5, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know about jelly smearing, but I DO know about an incident involving idiot parents whose kids were tossing marshmallows to a bear while dad filmed it. When they ran out, bear started towards them. They got in car and bear was injured during their escape.(this is the Reader's Digest condensed version)
Friends reported it to rangers and the parents were fined and kicked out of park.
Bear was badly injured and had to be put down.
That's sad and terrible. I feel bad for the kids (because their parents are morons) and the bear (because the kids' parents are morons).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75516 Nov 5, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I had to do a web search on this, not to call you out, but to read about these idiots. However, the first thing I found was on snopes calling it an urban legend.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/bearmau...
I've never thougth to check there. We were told this by a park ranger in Yellowstone when I was a kid - so maybe early '80s.

But I know that people do othe equally stupid things in national parks, like the lady using an electric skillet to cook up her steak dinner in the bathroom. Thanks for now making that facility the most sought-out place in the park by the bears, idiot.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#75517 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I want to see Honey Boo Boo v. Honey Badger.
Heh. My money's on Boo Boo.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75518 Nov 5, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. My money's on Boo Boo.
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75519 Nov 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.
Go-go juice. Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Enjoy that hole in your stomach lining, darlin'.

Why do I even know this? I watched the show for 5 minutes ONCE.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75520 Nov 5, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that juice that kid drinks? I'd like to see that kid give that juice to some wildlife and then face 'em.
Their "Juice" is actually 5-hour energy and monster drinks. The mombies just call it some "Juice" name to get the kids to drink it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75521 Nov 5, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go-go juice. Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Enjoy that hole in your stomach lining, darlin'.
Why do I even know this? I watched the show for 5 minutes ONCE.
I never watched it yet I know she has special juice. I saw her on the Cooper Anderson show. Of course, I've also seen the bazillion commercials for the show as well.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#75522 Nov 5, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "Juice" is actually 5-hour energy and monster drinks. The mombies just call it some "Juice" name to get the kids to drink it.
That is efffffed uuuuuup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Liberal Sock Rage 1,277,558
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,001
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Into The Night 54,569
"Slave clothes" My New, Original Work by Patric... 21 min Patricia_McGurk 1
Ask amy 9-2-15 2 hr Kuuipo 13
How to get into the USA. 4 hr New Beach Boys Song 4
News Three Men Arrested for Oak Park Carjacking, Arm... 4 hr They Shot da Cop 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages