Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I would feel like I was cheating myself if I blocked channels. I'm paying for those, dammit, I want to see them! Even if I don't want to *watch* them.
:)
It would be awesome if I could block from the guide, and block from even being able to tune in:
-all the SD channels fro which there is an HD counterpart
-all the channels I don't subscribe to
-all the spanish chanels
-c-span

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Who sees this dynamic going on in their life?
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/give-me-th...
This comment could have been written by me about my wife.
"Kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She would always manage to watch the regular definition TV channels, despite having HD cable box/TV. I would get home after work and find her in the living room watching a fuzzy version of Friends or some other sitcom. It would drive me crazy. I showed her at least a dozen times how to search HD only, or even switch to the HD version of the current channel, but the truth was that she simply didn't care enough to retain the info."
Forwarded the story to a friend, he had this to say,
"I think I almost have my wife converted. She would watch shows in 4:3 because she found it easier to find those channels than the HD channels. Would drive me crazy. I would switch it to HD and say "doesn't that look better?" Her reaction was like "whatever".
That is totally my husband and me. I remember the low numbers. I cannot be bothered to remember that 805 is Fox HD (or whatever the number really is). I honestly don't notice the difference. It drives my husband crazy.

Plus, recording in HD uses up way more space on the DVR. We tend to record a whole series at a time, then watch it during the winter or summer break. We do that for several series, in addition to the ones that we watch weekly. If we did that on the HD channels, we would have no room left on our DVR.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I think it is hysterical that someone is actually taking the time to judge each one of Toj's comments clueless, regardless of what she is saying.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

What is up with women stabbing babies?

The nanny in NYC, the mom in Naperville, now some mother in Texas stabbed her new-born to death - I could even bring myself to read about that one.

WTF is going on?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

that would be *couldn't*

<sigh>
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is totally my husband and me. I remember the low numbers. I cannot be bothered to remember that 805 is Fox HD (or whatever the number really is). I honestly don't notice the difference. It drives my husband crazy.
Plus, recording in HD uses up way more space on the DVR. We tend to record a whole series at a time, then watch it during the winter or summer break. We do that for several series, in addition to the ones that we watch weekly. If we did that on the HD channels, we would have no room left on our DVR.
You have power I take it?

Is your family doing okay?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

squishymama wrote:
The nanny in NYC, the mom in Naperville, now some mother in Texas stabbed her new-born to death - I could even bring myself to read about that one.
WTF is going on?
If it isn't copy cat, the news stories give other crazies the idea

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Sometimes some idiot even judges ME to be clueless... As if.
Jess in NJ wrote:
I think it is hysterical that someone is actually taking the time to judge each one of Toj's comments clueless, regardless of what she is saying.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

RACE wrote:
Sometimes some idiot even judges ME to be clueless... As if.
<quoted text>
Who would do such a thing?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm just so -- so totally clueless!!:D

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
WTF is going on?
Oh no, now some Texas nutcase? I wish they'd just off themselves and leave the kids alone.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds awesome except the part where you blocked the sports channels. Why would you do that? Have I been hallucinating because I know I've read many posts from you about sports.
I've gotten more into watching sports since dating Hal, who was into Twins baseball.

But remember, there are tons of sports channels on satellite, 99% of them of no interest to me -- specialized channels. I don't want to watch NBA, college sports, etc.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your cost of satellite go way up after your first year? Just wondering. I've never had satellite.
We didn't pay, his boss did because my ex was in the cable advertising industry. More l8r! Outta here!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have power I take it?
Is your family doing okay?
My house got power back on Wednesday night, so we weren't without for very long. My Dad's mother got her power back on Tuesday night. My Mom's mother and my great-Aunt are still without power (they live in the next town over), but they didn't sustain any major damage to their houses).

My in-laws don't have power and they lost half of their roof. Still not a huge deal, since insurance will cover that.

My husband has been working ~18 hour days, delivering generators or doing extractions if conditions warrant and he said that seeing pictures on tv doesn't prepare you for coming face to face with the destruction that the hurricane caused or the suffering that the people are in.

BTW, did you guys see that Bloomberg cancelled the NYC marathon? I can't believe that it took so much outside pressure for him to come to that decision. I had a lot of respect for him until I have seen the way he responded to his hurricane. I can't help but compare him to Guiliani. Bloomberg comes across as very selfish and uncaring of anyone who doesn't live in Manhattan.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't want to watch NBA, college sports, etc.
Hah. You just named the only ones I do watch.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I'm seeing five places tomorrow. Cross your fingers that one of them is "the one."

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

So I was just walking the dogs, and my cheapo flip-flop broke. I had to carry it home and of course ran into the neighbor downstairs whose balcony is right by the door. Crazy glue, don't fail me now!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Cretins, fricking mindless cretins, thats who! Cant handle the mental challenge. Hope they all rot in their incubators. 7
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Who would do such a thing?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Hey Jessie, I heard the union utility workers in New Jersey are turning away outside help because they're non-union. Know aything about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,888
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,081,737
Amy 7-28 15 min PEllen 6
Why can't we all just get along? LOL 27 min Tina Moore 1
Abby 7-28 28 min edogxxx 6
You need a good looking man to hold on with cal... 30 min Mr Mike 1
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 39 min Albuquerque 4
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs