chidawg33

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

If you support Obama you have to see and share this with everyone you know!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
This was up between 2 and 3 this morning. Are you on 3rd shift?

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
This was up between 2 and 3 this morning. Are you on 3rd shift?
No. Just had to start early today.

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

chidawg33 wrote:
If you support Obama you have to see and share this with everyone you know!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
If you support Obama, you're an idiot.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you support Obama, you're an idiot.
You're just an idiot, no qualifiers.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Who sees this dynamic going on in their life?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/give-me-th...

This comment could have been written by me about my wife.

"Kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She would always manage to watch the regular definition TV channels, despite having HD cable box/TV. I would get home after work and find her in the living room watching a fuzzy version of Friends or some other sitcom. It would drive me crazy. I showed her at least a dozen times how to search HD only, or even switch to the HD version of the current channel, but the truth was that she simply didn't care enough to retain the info."

Forwarded the story to a friend, he had this to say,

"I think I almost have my wife converted. She would watch shows in 4:3 because she found it easier to find those channels than the HD channels. Would drive me crazy. I would switch it to HD and say "doesn't that look better?" Her reaction was like "whatever".

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:

"Kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She would always manage to watch the regular definition TV channels, despite having HD cable box/TV. I would get home after work and find her in the living room watching a fuzzy version of Friends or some other sitcom. It would drive me crazy. I showed her at least a dozen times how to search HD only, or even switch to the HD version of the current channel, but the truth was that she simply didn't care enough to retain the info."

"I think I almost have my wife converted. She would watch shows in 4:3 because she found it easier to find those channels than the HD channels. Would drive me crazy. I would switch it to HD and say "doesn't that look better?" Her reaction was like "whatever".
J and I, too. I could never remember where the HD channels were. Started watching the Super Bowl a few years ago in regular def and he freaked. So many remotes and buttons and channels...

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
Your wife is nuts! Once you go HD, you never go back. And it most definitely matters.
:)

I'm certainly not Super Techie but I like to know how to do things like use Netflix. Of course, the story might be different if I was still with my ex (not Jasper... ex-husband) because he IS Super Techie.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
HA! That's me. I 'm sending this to Nick.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
J and I, too. I could never remember where the HD channels were. Started watching the Super Bowl a few years ago in regular def and he freaked. So many remotes and buttons and channels...
Okay, THIS surprises me. YOU surprise me.
;)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I totally go for the HD if it's available.

If I'm going to have to watch Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu, damn skippy it's going to be the best picture I can get.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

My MIL has a 16:9 widescreen tv. When she watches a 4:3 show, instead of watching it the way it was filmed(which would leave blank space on the left and right of the picture, she prefers to have the picture stretch sideways to fill the screen. So everyone looks short and fat. But hey, her whole screen is filled. That's what's important.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

WHen I had satellite, I could set it up so the channel guide showed only the channels I wanted to see. So we blocked all the sports channels, for instance. THey didn't even come up when we hit "Guide."

Too bad you can't do something similar with cable, just get rid of the nonHD channels that have an HD twin.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I only have over the air channels, no cable, no satellite. So all my channels are HD.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
WHen I had satellite, I could set it up so the channel guide showed only the channels I wanted to see. So we blocked all the sports channels, for instance. THey didn't even come up when we hit "Guide."
Too bad you can't do something similar with cable, just get rid of the nonHD channels that have an HD twin.
I think my remote would do that. Wouldn't most remotes? It would be PITA b/c you'd have to do it individually and who wants to do that.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

gramma commented a cuoyple times when i visited the other night about how nice a picture her tv has... she went from over-the-air digital that would get flaky and lose a channel every now and again (when the wind really kicked up) to cable. ONly 20 channels, but what will she do with 15 of them... told her she'd like Turner Classic Movies, and not like TLC... Discovery, History and Animal channels should be good too.

Then i had to figure out how to describe TNT & TBS for her... Luckiy they're like our channel 9 (WGN), so i told her they're like that, but one is sports & drama shows and the other is comedies.$20 says she won't liek either of them any way. Just as long as she doesn't keep it on the closed circuit chapel channel... i can see her now wondering why nothign's happening.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think my remote would do that. Wouldn't most remotes? It would be PITA b/c you'd have to do it individually and who wants to do that.
It was worth the work because the guide was so long, and sometimes there's a big bunch of channels in the middle of other channels you want to watch. But I don't know how cable TV works, I've never had cable, only satellite.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
That sounds awesome except the part where you blocked the sports channels. Why would you do that? Have I been hallucinating because I know I've read many posts from you about sports.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It was worth the work because the guide was so long, and sometimes there's a big bunch of channels in the middle of other channels you want to watch. But I don't know how cable TV works, I've never had cable, only satellite.
Did your cost of satellite go way up after your first year? Just wondering. I've never had satellite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,461 - 74,480 of97,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Make 1000$ instantly 23 min generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 407
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,742
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,072,818
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 2 hr wow 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 13 at 1:46AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search