“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75447 Nov 2, 2012
I think it is hysterical that someone is actually taking the time to judge each one of Toj's comments clueless, regardless of what she is saying.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75448 Nov 2, 2012
What is up with women stabbing babies?

The nanny in NYC, the mom in Naperville, now some mother in Texas stabbed her new-born to death - I could even bring myself to read about that one.

WTF is going on?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75449 Nov 2, 2012
that would be *couldn't*

<sigh>
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75450 Nov 2, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is totally my husband and me. I remember the low numbers. I cannot be bothered to remember that 805 is Fox HD (or whatever the number really is). I honestly don't notice the difference. It drives my husband crazy.
Plus, recording in HD uses up way more space on the DVR. We tend to record a whole series at a time, then watch it during the winter or summer break. We do that for several series, in addition to the ones that we watch weekly. If we did that on the HD channels, we would have no room left on our DVR.
You have power I take it?

Is your family doing okay?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75451 Nov 2, 2012
squishymama wrote:
The nanny in NYC, the mom in Naperville, now some mother in Texas stabbed her new-born to death - I could even bring myself to read about that one.
WTF is going on?
If it isn't copy cat, the news stories give other crazies the idea

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75452 Nov 2, 2012
Sometimes some idiot even judges ME to be clueless... As if.
Jess in NJ wrote:
I think it is hysterical that someone is actually taking the time to judge each one of Toj's comments clueless, regardless of what she is saying.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75453 Nov 2, 2012
RACE wrote:
Sometimes some idiot even judges ME to be clueless... As if.
<quoted text>
Who would do such a thing?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75454 Nov 2, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm just so -- so totally clueless!!:D

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#75455 Nov 2, 2012
squishymama wrote:
WTF is going on?
Oh no, now some Texas nutcase? I wish they'd just off themselves and leave the kids alone.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75456 Nov 2, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds awesome except the part where you blocked the sports channels. Why would you do that? Have I been hallucinating because I know I've read many posts from you about sports.
I've gotten more into watching sports since dating Hal, who was into Twins baseball.

But remember, there are tons of sports channels on satellite, 99% of them of no interest to me -- specialized channels. I don't want to watch NBA, college sports, etc.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75457 Nov 2, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your cost of satellite go way up after your first year? Just wondering. I've never had satellite.
We didn't pay, his boss did because my ex was in the cable advertising industry. More l8r! Outta here!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75458 Nov 2, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have power I take it?
Is your family doing okay?
My house got power back on Wednesday night, so we weren't without for very long. My Dad's mother got her power back on Tuesday night. My Mom's mother and my great-Aunt are still without power (they live in the next town over), but they didn't sustain any major damage to their houses).

My in-laws don't have power and they lost half of their roof. Still not a huge deal, since insurance will cover that.

My husband has been working ~18 hour days, delivering generators or doing extractions if conditions warrant and he said that seeing pictures on tv doesn't prepare you for coming face to face with the destruction that the hurricane caused or the suffering that the people are in.

BTW, did you guys see that Bloomberg cancelled the NYC marathon? I can't believe that it took so much outside pressure for him to come to that decision. I had a lot of respect for him until I have seen the way he responded to his hurricane. I can't help but compare him to Guiliani. Bloomberg comes across as very selfish and uncaring of anyone who doesn't live in Manhattan.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75459 Nov 2, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't want to watch NBA, college sports, etc.
Hah. You just named the only ones I do watch.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#75460 Nov 2, 2012
I'm seeing five places tomorrow. Cross your fingers that one of them is "the one."

Boynton Beach, FL

#75461 Nov 2, 2012
So I was just walking the dogs, and my cheapo flip-flop broke. I had to carry it home and of course ran into the neighbor downstairs whose balcony is right by the door. Crazy glue, don't fail me now!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75462 Nov 2, 2012
Cretins, fricking mindless cretins, thats who! Cant handle the mental challenge. Hope they all rot in their incubators. 7
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Who would do such a thing?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#75463 Nov 3, 2012

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#75464 Nov 3, 2012
Hey Jessie, I heard the union utility workers in New Jersey are turning away outside help because they're non-union. Know aything about this?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#75465 Nov 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
So I was just walking the dogs, and my cheapo flip-flop broke. I had to carry it home and of course ran into the neighbor downstairs whose balcony is right by the door. Crazy glue, don't fail me now!
I hate when that happens. Those cheap flipflops can be so, so comfortable and I sometimes use them around the house -- almost like slippers in a way.

Boynton Beach, FL

#75466 Nov 3, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when that happens. Those cheap flipflops can be so, so comfortable and I sometimes use them around the house -- almost like slippers in a way.
These are strictly dog-walking flip-flops, and the drunken glue job seems to have worked.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min mdbuilder 49,199
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min ObamaLogic 1,154,005
New Beach Boys song. 24 min The Beach Boys 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min Frijoles 71,015
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,822
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 43 min _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min _Zoey_ 4,918
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia