Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75459 Nov 2, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't want to watch NBA, college sports, etc.
Hah. You just named the only ones I do watch.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#75460 Nov 2, 2012
I'm seeing five places tomorrow. Cross your fingers that one of them is "the one."

Boynton Beach, FL

#75461 Nov 2, 2012
So I was just walking the dogs, and my cheapo flip-flop broke. I had to carry it home and of course ran into the neighbor downstairs whose balcony is right by the door. Crazy glue, don't fail me now!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#75462 Nov 2, 2012
Cretins, fricking mindless cretins, thats who! Cant handle the mental challenge. Hope they all rot in their incubators. 7
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Who would do such a thing?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#75463 Nov 3, 2012

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#75464 Nov 3, 2012
Hey Jessie, I heard the union utility workers in New Jersey are turning away outside help because they're non-union. Know aything about this?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75465 Nov 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
So I was just walking the dogs, and my cheapo flip-flop broke. I had to carry it home and of course ran into the neighbor downstairs whose balcony is right by the door. Crazy glue, don't fail me now!
I hate when that happens. Those cheap flipflops can be so, so comfortable and I sometimes use them around the house -- almost like slippers in a way.

Boynton Beach, FL

#75466 Nov 3, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when that happens. Those cheap flipflops can be so, so comfortable and I sometimes use them around the house -- almost like slippers in a way.
These are strictly dog-walking flip-flops, and the drunken glue job seems to have worked.
:)

Boynton Beach, FL

#75467 Nov 3, 2012
Early voting - not so much. I didn't have 4 hours to kill standing in line, so I'll just get up early on Tuesday and vote like I always do.

Now I'm wondering if I can conjure up a few hundred bucks before my appointment today in the event that I have to write a check that wipes out all my cash for a deposit. Probably not, so ramen noodles & cat food for me for awhile!
;)

Boynton Beach, FL

#75468 Nov 3, 2012
Going out on a limb and putting Jordy Nelson in my fantasy lineup for now, even though he's still technically questionable. I need to remember to keep an eye on this tomorrow morning though.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#75469 Nov 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Early voting - not so much. I didn't have 4 hours to kill standing in line, so I'll just get up early on Tuesday and vote like I always do.
Now I'm wondering if I can conjure up a few hundred bucks before my appointment today in the event that I have to write a check that wipes out all my cash for a deposit. Probably not, so ramen noodles & cat food for me for awhile!
;)
Talk to the people. A lot of times you can put a minimal amount down and also give a post-dated check. Tell him/her it's timing is all. Some people are understanding and can work with you. At least maybe then you can upgrade to a better soup and peanut butter and jelly.:)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75470 Nov 3, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Hey Jessie, I heard the union utility workers in New Jersey are turning away outside help because they're non-union. Know aything about this?
Yeah, it has happened in a couple of towns. The governor strongly disagrees with this because he has said that we will take all the help that we can get.

Boynton Beach, FL

#75471 Nov 3, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to the people. A lot of times you can put a minimal amount down and also give a post-dated check. Tell him/her it's timing is all. Some people are understanding and can work with you. At least maybe then you can upgrade to a better soup and peanut butter and jelly.:)
I'm safe for now, no final decisions made. I do like one enough to potentially move into, but I want to at least sleep on it and give it a few days to see if anything else pops up.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#75472 Nov 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm safe for now, no final decisions made. I do like one enough to potentially move into, but I want to at least sleep on it and give it a few days to see if anything else pops up.
Good luck. It's probably a good idea you take your time with your decision.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75473 Nov 3, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it has happened in a couple of towns. The governor strongly disagrees with this because he has said that we will take all the help that we can get.
Truly a shame that unions are putting themselves above everyone else. Lives be dammed!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75474 Nov 3, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a good idea to check out the neighborhood at various times over a couple of days. Don't want to see you writing Amby because you moved to a new place and now you have to deal with screaming children and a naked fat guy who doesn't own blinds and barking dogs in the middle of the night.

:)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#75476 Nov 4, 2012
Ugh, I had human centipede nightmares last night thanks to you people.

Must find something more pleasant to think about today.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75477 Nov 4, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Ugh, I had human centipede nightmares last night thanks to you people.
Must find something more pleasant to think about today.
Me in a speedo with a rose clenched between my teeth.

So much for sleeping in today, I'm an hour behind!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#75478 Nov 4, 2012
Well, at least that image literally made me laugh out loud! Thank you for that :)

I am being lazy this morning. Been awake since 5 am, but I'm still hanging out in bed watching TV while the boys play with trains in the other room and my husband is at work.

Later today I have to go out to do some election related errands and check in on some neighbors who are still without power. The boys can keep my grandmother company while I do that.

I am so frustrated with Romney's campaign. They keep shooting themselves in the foot. I got a robocall yesterday for a moneybomb for the campaign. When I zeroed out, the person who answered (who I know is just a volunteer) said that they have no control over where the calls are going. Someone does, though, and those calls should not be going to Jersey right now.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

#75479 Nov 4, 2012
An hour behind dog? Surey you jest.
Here I am, awake at 8 on a Sunday, since my body thinks it's 9...a much better time to wake on a weekend.

Have church then must get all my stuff prepared for my conference this week! Flying to Portland on W to present. Stoked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min John Galt 1,277,649
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min IB DaMann 54,577
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min 40ish 6,435
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min JRB 197,010
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 2 hr thenose 162
"Slave clothes" My New, Original Work by Patric... 4 hr Patricia_McGurk 1
Ask amy 9-2-15 7 hr Kuuipo 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages