|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Family Guy fans:
Last night, Nick came over to help me do some moving-related stuff, I had supper for us and we sat down to eat and watch TV before heading out to the garage. Nick rarely watches FG, I watch regularly.
THen started an episode I'd never seen. Quagmire ends up in the hospital, and his sister and her abusive boyfriend come to stay with him to help him recuperate at home. The boyfriend is horrible, beats the crap out of her.
So the guys plan a last minute midnight camping trip with the boyfriend, planning to shoot him and bury the body. He figures it out and separates Quagmire from the rest, and beats the crap out of Quagmire, then chokes him "to death." While digging a grave, Quagmire comes to and gets in the car, chases the boyfriend down, who ends up standing right up against a tree... and Quagmire crashes his car into the guy, smashing him to bits.
Yeah, it wasn't a funny episode. But I loved that MacFarlane had the woman beater die in the end. But holy crap. I'm glad Nick wouldn't let his kids watch that show (the 10 yo has jsut started watching The Simpsons).
Every time that show comes on E tries to tell us that it is one of his shows and we should let him watch it. Um, that would be a great big NO!

We have power now. Yay!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time that show comes on E tries to tell us that it is one of his shows and we should let him watch it. Um, that would be a great big NO!
We have power now. Yay!
YAY! Woo hoo!

I don't think anyone under 16 needs to see Family Guy. I feel for parents -- kids think "it's a cartoon!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

OH, and that episode actually was not that bad. I mean, it was awful, but at least it shows that being abusive is bad/wrong and people don't like it and you'll die if you beat your girlfriend.

THe other episodes are MUCH worse for kids to see.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mo Rocca? I'd watch that. I'dl ike for his to become a household name.
He is on Wait wait Don't Tell Me a lot

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Tomorrow's CH column, the first letter is SCARY:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! HEY! What's the latest with your friend and Mr. Dickhead?
Did I tell you guys that he's going home (to PA) with her for Thanksgiving? And he's supposed to be coming up here next weekend to meet her friends (me, and others)? Let's see if he comes up with an excuse not to come up AGAIN this time.

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>

We have power now. Yay!
Yay indeed! I talked to my mom earlier and they were still without. It double sucks for my parents because they're on well water and the pump is electric, so they have no water either. My mom said she's going to start going to the bathroom outside, and I think she might have been serious.
:/

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Tomorrow's CH column, the first letter is SCARY:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...
And the second letter is sad (in a way... I can't come up with a more appropriate word but "sad" isn't quite right). I feel for both boys; what a tough situation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
And the second letter is sad (in a way... I can't come up with a more appropriate word but "sad" isn't quite right). I feel for both boys; what a tough situation.
It's tough enough to for a boy OR girl to say to another teen "I really like you THAT way," but for a gay kid to work up that nerve, that's another level. I don't know that I would have had that guts, and I started asking guys out at age 16.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I tell you guys that he's going home (to PA) with her for Thanksgiving? And he's supposed to be coming up here next weekend to meet her friends (me, and others)? Let's see if he comes up with an excuse not to come up AGAIN this time.
Doy ou know the detais of how this PA trip came about? Was this his doing? I can't imagine asking a new BF to do that. Nick and I started dating 11/20. At some point, I know I was the one who brought up Christmas and just said, "It's our rotten luck that we started dating shortly before the holidays. What say we let ourselves off the hook for christmas gifts, and no family stuff together, let's just say right now that it's too soon and we both do our own family things for the holidays." He was relieved and immediately agreed.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Doy ou know the detais of how this PA trip came about? Was this his doing? I can't imagine asking a new BF to do that. Nick and I started dating 11/20. At some point, I know I was the one who brought up Christmas and just said, "It's our rotten luck that we started dating shortly before the holidays. What say we let ourselves off the hook for christmas gifts, and no family stuff together, let's just say right now that it's too soon and we both do our own family things for the holidays." He was relieved and immediately agreed.
Well yes. That's what normal, mature adults do.

She's been planning to go home for Thanksgiving for months, and I don't know who brought up the idea of him going but that got planned in the last couple of weeks. I'm terrified of when he wants to take her to meet HIS family... in PERU.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes. That's what normal, mature adults do.
She's been planning to go home for Thanksgiving for months, and I don't know who brought up the idea of him going but that got planned in the last couple of weeks. I'm terrified of when he wants to take her to meet HIS family... in PERU.
So does she roll like Tonka or like Slim Shady? When she goes home to visit, she staying at her family's house or a hotel?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So does she roll like Tonka or like Slim Shady? When she goes home to visit, she staying at her family's house or a hotel?
She stays with her parents, like Tonka.
:)

I don't get the Slim Shady reference though. I mean, I know it's me, but I don't understand the connection.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the Slim Shady reference though. I mean, I know it's me, but I don't understand the connection.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T1T21RI5BV...
j_m_w wrote:
See how I'm pulling an "8 Mile" on this and making fun of myself?
;)
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So I'm supposed to start callin you Slim Shady?
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Rabbit.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
So we can presume he's staying there too. Same bed. Under daddy's roof. He got a shotgun?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

We had a great time trick or treating last night!

Nunu went as the Snow Queen in a ren-fair style dress that I got for Lulu a couple of years ago. Big sleeves, hoop skirt and a white "fur" collar - I think that's were she got the snow queen idea from...

But it is about a size to big, so she had to be *very* careful going up and down the stairs, and every house had some! She fell at least 3 times, but the spills were all on the sidewalk, thankfully.

Lulu went as the Snow Queen's knight, in a costume we picked up at home goods. Breatplate, shield, helmet and sword (that she couldn't take to school). The MIL took her to Michael's where they found a big white plumey feather that we duct taped to the helmet - she looked great! One lady gave her an A+ for going as a girl knight. And she dutifully protected her "queen" from the skeletons that some houses had hanging off their porches. Nunu wanted nothing to do with skeletons.

But she didn't seem to mind the one we saw in a yard that looked like it was trying to come out of a grave. She said it looked like it was taking a bath in the dirt. We all got a good laugh out of that.

And we discovered that we have moved into prime trick or treating territory. The street we went on was packed with families with little kids and packs of older kids running amok. I think next year I'll leave work early so we can get to more of the neighborhood.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T1T21RI5BV...
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh yeah! How quickly I forget.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So we can presume he's staying there too. Same bed. Under daddy's roof. He got a shotgun?
Probably, they live out in the boonies.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,421 - 74,440 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,783
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 min the plain truth 1,833
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min shinningelectr0n 1,073,280
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 3 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE