Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75419 Nov 1, 2012
Mixed change, no quarters, 2.5-2.75 inches high, 7" diameter container. Turned out to be over $76.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#75420 Nov 1, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mixed change, no quarters, 2.5-2.75 inches high, 7" diameter container. Turned out to be over $76.
that stuff adds up!! where did you take it?

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#75421 Nov 1, 2012
Jess, that's so sweet!
:)

But take care of your family first of all.

Location hidden

#75422 Nov 1, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
that stuff adds up!! where did you take it?
My bank! I ran a contest at work today and the math geeks were all over it! I took guesses and said the closest guess gets a ton of homemade cookies.

Turns out, NICK guessed closest (but I only let him join the guessing, his guess doesn't count for the contest). So the next best guess is my ex and wonderful friend, D. Called him tonight, he laughed!

Location hidden

#75423 Nov 1, 2012
Oh, I took the container into the office b/c I had tgo take my car to the mechanic and I didn't want to leave it in there whiel I had the loaner.

Thought I had to have a transmission speed sensor replaced. My mechanic thought it'd look that way as well. Turns out, MICE chewed through my main housing wires.$335 to repair. Beats the $5K it would have cost to REPLACE the main housing wires.
chidawg33

Fall River, WI

#75424 Nov 1, 2012
If you support Obama you have to see and share this with everyone you know!!!!!!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75425 Nov 2, 2012
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75426 Nov 2, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
This was up between 2 and 3 this morning. Are you on 3rd shift?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#75427 Nov 2, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
This was up between 2 and 3 this morning. Are you on 3rd shift?
No. Just had to start early today.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#75428 Nov 2, 2012
chidawg33 wrote:
If you support Obama you have to see and share this with everyone you know!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q8dvgqAMXWYXX
If you support Obama, you're an idiot.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75429 Nov 2, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you support Obama, you're an idiot.
You're just an idiot, no qualifiers.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75430 Nov 2, 2012
Who sees this dynamic going on in their life?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/give-me-th...

This comment could have been written by me about my wife.

"Kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She would always manage to watch the regular definition TV channels, despite having HD cable box/TV. I would get home after work and find her in the living room watching a fuzzy version of Friends or some other sitcom. It would drive me crazy. I showed her at least a dozen times how to search HD only, or even switch to the HD version of the current channel, but the truth was that she simply didn't care enough to retain the info."

Forwarded the story to a friend, he had this to say,

"I think I almost have my wife converted. She would watch shows in 4:3 because she found it easier to find those channels than the HD channels. Would drive me crazy. I would switch it to HD and say "doesn't that look better?" Her reaction was like "whatever".

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75431 Nov 2, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:

"Kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She would always manage to watch the regular definition TV channels, despite having HD cable box/TV. I would get home after work and find her in the living room watching a fuzzy version of Friends or some other sitcom. It would drive me crazy. I showed her at least a dozen times how to search HD only, or even switch to the HD version of the current channel, but the truth was that she simply didn't care enough to retain the info."

"I think I almost have my wife converted. She would watch shows in 4:3 because she found it easier to find those channels than the HD channels. Would drive me crazy. I would switch it to HD and say "doesn't that look better?" Her reaction was like "whatever".
J and I, too. I could never remember where the HD channels were. Started watching the Super Bowl a few years ago in regular def and he freaked. So many remotes and buttons and channels...

Miami, FL

#75432 Nov 2, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Your wife is nuts! Once you go HD, you never go back. And it most definitely matters.
:)

I'm certainly not Super Techie but I like to know how to do things like use Netflix. Of course, the story might be different if I was still with my ex (not Jasper... ex-husband) because he IS Super Techie.

Location hidden

#75433 Nov 2, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
HA! That's me. I 'm sending this to Nick.

Miami, FL

#75434 Nov 2, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
J and I, too. I could never remember where the HD channels were. Started watching the Super Bowl a few years ago in regular def and he freaked. So many remotes and buttons and channels...
Okay, THIS surprises me. YOU surprise me.
;)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75435 Nov 2, 2012
I totally go for the HD if it's available.

If I'm going to have to watch Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu, damn skippy it's going to be the best picture I can get.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75436 Nov 2, 2012
My MIL has a 16:9 widescreen tv. When she watches a 4:3 show, instead of watching it the way it was filmed(which would leave blank space on the left and right of the picture, she prefers to have the picture stretch sideways to fill the screen. So everyone looks short and fat. But hey, her whole screen is filled. That's what's important.

Location hidden

#75437 Nov 2, 2012
WHen I had satellite, I could set it up so the channel guide showed only the channels I wanted to see. So we blocked all the sports channels, for instance. THey didn't even come up when we hit "Guide."

Too bad you can't do something similar with cable, just get rid of the nonHD channels that have an HD twin.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#75438 Nov 2, 2012
I only have over the air channels, no cable, no satellite. So all my channels are HD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,277,897
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Community Disorga... 54,585
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 30 min American 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Jacques in Orleans 197,034
abby9-3-15 2 hr Sublime1 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 6,439
amy 9-3-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages