Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
I am signed up for an email alert system here in Central Florida. They send out alerts when ther eare road closings and things like that. I just got a missing child alert.
black
13 years old
black hair brown eyes
120 lbs
No photo attached.
This has to be the most worthless alert I've ever seen. I could walk into any school in Florida and find a dozen girls matching that descrition. There's nothing in the email to help me differentiate the missing girl from anyone else with the same generic common features.
Lame! Start calling 911 with every girl who fits that description!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

How did you know it was a girl? By the weight?
Mister Tonka wrote:
I am signed up for an email alert system here in Central Florida. They send out alerts when ther eare road closings and things like that. I just got a missing child alert.
black
13 years old
black hair brown eyes
120 lbs
No photo attached.
This has to be the most worthless alert I've ever seen. I could walk into any school in Florida and find a dozen girls matching that descrition. There's nothing in the email to help me differentiate the missing girl from anyone else with the same generic common features.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
Good morning all! I'm grumpy today. My husband left the house at 7 am and didn't get home until after midnight because he is driving around the state dropping off generators and helping rescue people. He's doing it again today. But I'm home with no power for at least another day (thankfully we didn't get any water damage) and I have to listen to idiots like my neighbor and my grandmother who don't bother to sign up for any of the free government alert systems and hole themselves up in their houses/apartments waiting for people to seek them out, but claim that they have no information on what is going on around them. I wish that people would use common sense and try their best to get informed.
My biggest pet peeve yesterday were all the people driving around looking for a place to get coffee. Um, hello?! The whole state lost power! Stay off the road and let the emergency vehicles and DPW do their jobs!
Halloween has been cancelled in the state of NJ.
Thank you for letting me vent. It's supposed to get down to the 30's here over the next couple of days. Keep us all in your prayers.
It's good to vent. Glad you and your family are safe.

Hey, you know how to make a LOT of money it seems? Plug your coffee maker into the generator or get one of those things that you can plug your stuff into the car lighter and sell cups of coffee for $6 each.:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
Good morning all! I'm grumpy today. My husband left the house at 7 am and didn't get home until after midnight because he is driving around the state dropping off generators and helping rescue people. He's doing it again today. But I'm home with no power for at least another day (thankfully we didn't get any water damage) and I have to listen to idiots like my neighbor and my grandmother who don't bother to sign up for any of the free government alert systems and hole themselves up in their houses/apartments waiting for people to seek them out, but claim that they have no information on what is going on around them. I wish that people would use common sense and try their best to get informed.
My biggest pet peeve yesterday were all the people driving around looking for a place to get coffee. Um, hello?! The whole state lost power! Stay off the road and let the emergency vehicles and DPW do their jobs!
Thank you for letting me vent. It's supposed to get down to the 30's here over the next couple of days. Keep us all in your prayers.
Glad to hear from you and that it is going well.

You should be proud of your governor as a Republican. My estimation of him skyrocketed and I am a Democrat
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

A couple good ones I saw on my favorite webstie:

Women fake orgasms to have relationships. Men fake relationships to have orgasms.

Every zoo is a petting zoo if you're not a pussy.

Forgetting to take your phone into the bathroom to poop is like forgetting to take a gun to war.

Cycicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the furthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world becasue we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say "no." But saying "yes" leads to knowledge. "Yes" is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say "yes."

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

RACE wrote:
How did you know it was a girl? By the weight?
<quoted text>
It said girl. That was not a cut and paste. I had already deleted the message.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
Forgetting to take your phone into the bathroom to poop is like forgetting to take a gun to war.
Hah! I was on my way to lunch yesterday when I realized my phone was almost dead. Like 2% left. I can't eat lunch without reading!!! I got my lunch to-go and went back to the office and ate at my desk in front of the computer.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm going to remember this in case I'm ever where there is this sort of situation. Make gallons of coffee and sell it to idiots who don't know how to fill water bottles or use fire.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear from you and that it is going well.

You should be proud of your governor as a Republican. My estimation of him skyrocketed and I am a Democrat
I worked on his campaign when he ran for Governor. The media loves to point out his flaws and his style does not always coincide with mine, but I always feel comfortable that he believes he is putting the good of the state first and not playing politics.

Speaking of, I can't even tell you how many people are calling me because they are freaking out about how the storm is going to affect the election. We are supposed to have training in town tomorrow night for all new poll clerks (or those who haven't had training in two years, like me). You don't get paid if you don't go to training. Of course, we were the last town scheduled in the county, keeping my fingers crossed that power is restored tonight, but the shore area has lost some of its actual buildings.

I also found out that one of the teachers at the high school collected voter registration forms from the seniors in March. Anyone who declared Democrat or Unaffiliated was sent in and registered. Anyone who declared Republican was never sent in any only realized that they weren't registered when one of the students followed up after the Oct 16 deadline, when they couldn't find their name online and the students did a little more digging. This is unfortunately not uncommon in our county. So frustrating for me and for the students who wanted to exercise their rights to vote for the first time.
There is this

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to remember this in case I'm ever where there is this sort of situation. Make gallons of coffee and sell it to idiots who don't know how to fill water bottles or use fire.
OR, you could make FREE coffee for devastated, suddenly- homeless folks who have lost EVERYTHING...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

There is this wrote:
<quoted text>OR, you could make FREE coffee for devastated, suddenly- homeless folks who have lost EVERYTHING...
Sure, they can have it free. They can come stay with us until they've got a home again, too. At least as many as will fit in wherever we're living.
But azzhats who would drive around looking for coffee??
They can pay, and pay dearly, so I can help those who deserve it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

There is this wrote:
<quoted text>OR, you could make FREE coffee for devastated, suddenly- homeless folks who have lost EVERYTHING...
Oh, but you could go pound sand. Make your own coffee, find your own shelter.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
I also found out that one of the teachers at the high school collected voter registration forms from the seniors in March. Anyone who declared Democrat or Unaffiliated was sent in and registered. Anyone who declared Republican was never sent in any only realized that they weren't registered when one of the students followed up after the Oct 16 deadline, when they couldn't find their name online and the students did a little more digging. This is unfortunately not uncommon in our county. So frustrating for me and for the students who wanted to exercise their rights to vote for the first time.
Wait, what? SHe did this deliberately? Is that even legal? SHe should be banned from election work for life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, they can have it free. They can come stay with us until they've got a home again, too. At least as many as will fit in wherever we're living.
But azzhats who would drive around looking for coffee??
They can pay, and pay dearly, so I can help those who deserve it.
ITA.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Potluck at work today. My boss came in at 10:15 and then asked me and L to go make sure the big long table in a certain dept. was cleared off for the food. I declined. "I'm WORKING." Geez, S behind me was cutting out halloween stuff that she'd printed on the colo rprinter, to decorate her candy bowl. Have her do it.

I'll be asked to do clean up as well. Um, nope. I've done it before. It's someone else's turn. DO it yourself.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This should carry the same penalties as tampering with mail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
This should carry the same penalties as tampering with mail.
Good idea! I just think it's HORRIBLE to do that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

And you still think voter fraud is not a concern?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>This should carry the same penalties as tampering with mail.
There is nothing that can be done about adding the students to the rolls after the deadline has passed, but after the election a couple of the school board members are going to make a big issue about this (they are up for re-election and everyone who currently holds a political or school board position in my town is connected to the Dem party - we asked them to hold off until after the election because they are good people who do the right thing regardless of politics, but the mayor does not take kindly to people who speak out against "his" party and he is not above fighting dirty).

We are one of the largest townships in NJ, but our politics are so corrupt. Jim McGreevey, the former NJ gov who resigned bc he made his unqualified boyfriend head of security (and lots of other things that were about to come out) is our former mayor.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the type of voter fraud you say doesn't exist?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,401 - 74,420 of96,269
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,036,660
Abby 4-23 22 min PEllen 29
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,716
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min _Zoey_ 4,040
Amy 4-23 49 min cheluzal 40
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 1 hr hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 1 hr hands on AR 4
ask amy 4-22 7 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs