Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
Just saw an article highlighting halloween costumes you already own.
DAMN IT! Why did I shave this weekend? I could have dressed up as The Dude and gone around the hood with a Caucasion!
Link!

I was going to go as a zombie hockey player for handing out candy tomorrow, since I have all that stuff laying around anyway, but if I can find something cool that won't scare little kids, that might work, too. And that won't take me 45 minutes to do makeup.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Link!
http://screen.yahoo.com/mansome-episode-71-ha...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing -- "Where's the damn link?" when you first posted. Looked at the next post and there was Matilda, asking what I was thinking.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

NJ Gov. Christie has come out with thanks and praise for Obama's response for help. I liked Christie before based on what little I knew of him. He seems like a class act.

And I'm SO tired of the fat jokes about him from late night talk shows.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hey, PE: I quoted your "nothing like having an eight year old recycling nazi in the house" line to some parents here and they laughed at that!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Speaking of boobies:

I got back from having a diagnostic mammogram about a hour ago. I am having some pain in the left one, but the m-gram came back clean!

I didn't realize how worried I was until the tech said "no cancer."

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

squishymama wrote:
Speaking of boobies:
I got back from having a diagnostic mammogram about a hour ago. I am having some pain in the left one, but the m-gram came back clean!
Glad that the girls are good.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Speaking of boobies:
Whew! Glad to hear everything is okay.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

squishymama wrote:
Speaking of boobies:
ditto what the others are saying! and good for you for going to get it checked out... i've been told i can wait a couple more years based on family history, but sometimes i wonder...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Boobies!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
ditto what the others are saying! and good for you for going to get it checked out... i've been told i can wait a couple more years based on family history, but sometimes i wonder...
I have a family history of skin cancer and colon stuff. yay.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

So that Dillian couple just posted their "TY note" to everyone who gave them money -- on FB. Classy. 2+ months after their wedding. What about people who aren't on FB?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So that Dillian couple just posted their "TY note" to everyone who gave them money -- on FB. Classy. 2+ months after their wedding. What about people who aren't on FB?
Mass email.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Just came across a picture I took in a roadside gast station / gift shop last month.

had a men's room male charicature and a ladie's room female charicature.

Over men: No shirt, No Service
Over women:No shirt, Free Beer

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Mass email.
Too tacky and lazy for me.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Spoooky Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TRG1DEBLIQ...

Creeepy Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TEANBK2PMA...

Why can't the witch have children?

She married a hollow weener!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Good morning all! I'm grumpy today. My husband left the house at 7 am and didn't get home until after midnight because he is driving around the state dropping off generators and helping rescue people. He's doing it again today. But I'm home with no power for at least another day (thankfully we didn't get any water damage) and I have to listen to idiots like my neighbor and my grandmother who don't bother to sign up for any of the free government alert systems and hole themselves up in their houses/apartments waiting for people to seek them out, but claim that they have no information on what is going on around them. I wish that people would use common sense and try their best to get informed.

My biggest pet peeve yesterday were all the people driving around looking for a place to get coffee. Um, hello?! The whole state lost power! Stay off the road and let the emergency vehicles and DPW do their jobs!

Halloween has been cancelled in the state of NJ.

Thank you for letting me vent. It's supposed to get down to the 30's here over the next couple of days. Keep us all in your prayers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess, I always think of the FAMILIES of the rescue workers at these times. Who's sandbagging their houses? Who's making sure they're okay? The families sacrifice along with the workers.

Ooh 8777 a 12-point cribbage hand.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
Good morning all! I'm grumpy today. My husband left the house at 7 am and didn't get home until after midnight because he is driving around the state dropping off generators and helping rescue people. He's doing it again today. But I'm home with no power for at least another day (thankfully we didn't get any water damage) and I have to listen to idiots like my neighbor and my grandmother who don't bother to sign up for any of the free government alert systems and hole themselves up in their houses/apartments waiting for people to seek them out, but claim that they have no information on what is going on around them. I wish that people would use common sense and try their best to get informed.
My biggest pet peeve yesterday were all the people driving around looking for a place to get coffee. Um, hello?! The whole state lost power! Stay off the road and let the emergency vehicles and DPW do their jobs!
Halloween has been cancelled in the state of NJ.
Thank you for letting me vent. It's supposed to get down to the 30's here over the next couple of days. Keep us all in your prayers.
I'm really glad you're ok. The power thing sucks I know. In '96 there was a storm the day after Thanksgiving. Feet (with a capital FEET) of snow and ice...power out for a couple of weeks...calling in power crews from all over the country and Canada...it was a mess. Only a year after massive flooding that shut down I-5 between (basically) Portland and Seattle as well as a couple of towns along the way... Of course that was more or less local to Puget Sound... After a week we bought tire chains and left town for a while, wish you guys could all do likewise.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jess, you've been on my mind these past couple of days. I'm glad you and your family are safe and I hope things improve quickly up there!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 4 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 6 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 7 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search