Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#75288 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'd feel like a jerk tipping one guy and not the other.
Plus... they're coming over mid to late Saturday afternoon after they're done with another move in a suburb (they move about 2-3 pianos a year, but they're also a regular moving company). I should tip out of gratitude that i didn't have to take time off from work like I did the last time.
Well there you go.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75289 Oct 29, 2012
FINE then. ;)
Justa suggestion

United States

#75290 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'd feel like a jerk tipping one guy and not the other.
Plus... they're coming over mid to late Saturday afternoon after they're done with another move in a suburb (they move about 2-3 pianos a year, but they're also a regular moving company). I should tip out of gratitude that i didn't have to take time off from work like I did the last time.
Not to be indelicate but, you could blow them.

Boynton Beach, FL

#75291 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
FINE then. ;)
;)

And it's always nice to have a fresh, out-of-the box suggestion too. So to speak

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#75292 Oct 29, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your day with your mom. Sounds like you have had a rough weekend, both physically and emotionally. It is good that you have each other right now.
Sending hugs and prayers your way.
thanks... we had a lovely day. i took her to tea at one of the very "chicago" hotels.

now we need to get gramma settled in and understanding that we're not abandoning her nor are we jumping to get her every whim from the house or the store... <sigh> but we remind ourselves that this is very traumatic for her as well. she likes the view, so that's one good thing, as she may sit in the chair and stare out the window a lot. she can see teh chicago skyline!

ALL of the staff are really nice... we were waiting in the hall on saturday for maintenance to come up wiht a key for her room, and one of hte housekeepers asked how we were doing, a`sked if we had a key, and got one of the floor staff to open gramma's room for us. then, they were all excited for her that she was actually moving in. we like this health system (the one hospital and a couple senior homes we;ve worked with) a lot for this very reason.

Location hidden

#75293 Oct 29, 2012
My coworker has similar praise for the dementia home her elderly mother lives in. I wish every elderly person could have that kind of care late in life.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#75294 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My coworker has similar praise for the dementia home her elderly mother lives in. I wish every elderly person could have that kind of care late in life.
my great aunt & uncle were in one of the first of its kind in the area... they were so good to the residents; there was one who was soooo far off in lala land, and loved it there. she had on a number of hats for "hat day" and the nurse told us wiht a twinkle in her eye that ' you should have seen her earlier, she had *7* hats on..."

my mom wants to be like her when she loses her mind. she's learned more about her since then - she used to live in the town my parents do and had a restaurant there - and apparently this was the best her life had really ever been....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#75295 Oct 30, 2012

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75296 Oct 30, 2012
RACE wrote:
Looking like anything north west of Jersey is gonna be spared. My kiddo says there is barely even a breeze.
<quoted text>
She's down near Baltimore and DC. Not much I can do from Chicago except hope her phone stays charged

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75297 Oct 30, 2012
Is it wrong to complain that it was 48 degrees this morning while Frankenstorm is hitting the Northeast?

Location hidden

#75298 Oct 30, 2012
I thought Tuesday (today) was supposed to be the worst of the storm, but is that still true?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75299 Oct 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Is it wrong to complain that it was 48 degrees this morning while Frankenstorm is hitting the Northeast?
Have at it. 34 here now, not sure what it was when I left for hockey at 5:30, but there was no condensation on my car, thankfully. Might have to think about breaking out the winter coat soon.

Location hidden

#75300 Oct 30, 2012
They're predicting 10-20 inches of snow to fall today out there. My weather guy said "But this isn't light, fluffy snow. This will be heavy wet stuff in strong winds, which will be plastered to everythign like wet concrete."

In better news, Minnesota kids will be able to go trick or treating in 45-degree weather!

Location hidden

#75301 Oct 30, 2012
I just ordered the 25th anniversary special edition, blu-ray, of PRincess Bride for Nick - only $10!

Miami, FL

#75302 Oct 30, 2012
Anyone have anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy? Jess posted on Facebook 10 hours ago that the power was out but her family is fine & they have a generator.

I haven't been in touch with my parents but I assume they have no power, and I know cell service is spotty.

Work-wise, we have many sites with issues but no injuries or anything that I know of.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75303 Oct 30, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
FINE then. ;)
Bake them cookies.:)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75304 Oct 30, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
They're predicting 10-20 inches of snow to fall today out there. My weather guy said "But this isn't light, fluffy snow. This will be heavy wet stuff in strong winds, which will be plastered to everythign like wet concrete."
In better news, Minnesota kids will be able to go trick or treating in 45-degree weather!
In Minnesota they're predicting that?

Guess it's time to get the winter mindset in place.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75305 Oct 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
yes
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75306 Oct 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Anyone have anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy? Jess posted on Facebook 10 hours ago that the power was out but her family is fine & they have a generator.
I haven't been in touch with my parents but I assume they have no power, and I know cell service is spotty.
Work-wise, we have many sites with issues but no injuries or anything that I know of.
My daughter is west of Baltimore and NW of DC. Haven't heard from her since about 6 last night

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#75307 Oct 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Anyone have anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy?
Yes. She knocked over a chair in my back yard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patrick 1,108,364
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,940
RAY RICE was a BAD BOY, but what about JEREMY H... 28 min NFL BLACK THUGS 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Global Lukewarming 68,461
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Lolocaust 49,750
care to join me for some fun 1 hr Abu69 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Ted Williams 46,551
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••