“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75268 Oct 29, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
OK, so there is an article on CNN.com entitled "Sex Worker: I sleep with 5 men a day just to eat," and my first thought was, you must not be very good.
Or she eats a LOT. And, how many men does she sleep with to pay rent? Utilities? Pocket money?
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75269 Oct 29, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or she eats a LOT. And, how many men does she sleep with to pay rent? Utilities? Pocket money?
Her bajingo must have a turnstile on it.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#75270 Oct 29, 2012
BTW, I am now addicted to Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75271 Oct 29, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
BTW, I am now addicted to Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus.
I think that's what I bought for my paint n' drink session tonight.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75272 Oct 29, 2012
Comcast internet:$30/month for six months, then $45for six months, then $62. Ugh. I'll be calling to get my $45 rate maintained or I'll cancel after a year, and switch to century link, and back and forth.

Piano moving: I'm moving 5.5 miles. It's costing me $240 to move my piano. Ouch.

I had some cocktails last night and ended up ordering a kitchen aid mixer online. I cancelled the order this morning. ;)(I still need a new mixer, but I'll wait until the moving dust settles.)

also last night, I almost agreed to adopt my neighbor's kitten. Brought her up here and put her int he sapre room for a while. When I let Rose and Mia see her, they FREAKED. I am not up for the slow process of integrating another cat into this household.

WTF was I thinking? Dumb.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#75273 Oct 29, 2012
Toj wrote:
Edog is "Shriekin’ Desperado".
I think I like that one better. My actual name came up Smilin' Bandit.

Location hidden

#75274 Oct 29, 2012
One man's "don't mess up your marriage like I did" advice to his sister, the day before she got married.

http://www.danoah.com/2012/10/16-ways-i-blew-...
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75275 Oct 29, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand that, either. It's just. A house. Grab your pictures, your computer, your pets, and GTFO.
Unless you are worried that not everyone else will leave and your place will get robbed, or you have something like my mom has, a tinge of agoraphobia and she just won't go places, or you think the weathermen are exaggerating and you can ride it out, or you are like the lower 9th ward in NO and don't know how to leave
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75276 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
One man's "don't mess up your marriage like I did" advice to his sister, the day before she got married.
http://www.danoah.com/2012/10/16-ways-i-blew-...
Good advice from someone who is Swiss
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75277 Oct 29, 2012
You are right- moving is not the time to take a kitten. Too much energy is those little terrors; too much stress for your big cats

Location hidden

#75278 Oct 29, 2012
I think I tipped 6 years ago when I moved my piano from my house to here. Now it's costing me even more,$240, and it's only going 5.5 miles. Do I have to tip? It's a cash-only business.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75279 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think I tipped 6 years ago when I moved my piano from my house to here. Now it's costing me even more,$240, and it's only going 5.5 miles. Do I have to tip? It's a cash-only business.
Yes. The owner gets the cash but the workers give the sweat. Tip. You'll sleep better
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#75280 Oct 29, 2012
My younger daughter is in the middle of the storm. She can still get texts in and out. Phone service is not good.

Jess is worse off I know, but it is still scary

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#75281 Oct 29, 2012
Looking like anything north west of Jersey is gonna be spared. My kiddo says there is barely even a breeze.
PEllen wrote:
My younger daughter is in the middle of the storm. She can still get texts in and out. Phone service is not good.
Jess is worse off I know, but it is still scary

Location hidden

#75282 Oct 29, 2012
Okay, but I'm only tipping $20 to each guy. $280 is a lot of money. This piano wouldn't even sell for that much.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#75283 Oct 29, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you are worried that not everyone else will leave and your place will get robbed, or you have something like my mom has, a tinge of agoraphobia and she just won't go places, or you think the weathermen are exaggerating and you can ride it out, or you are like the lower 9th ward in NO and don't know how to leave
None of those are worth dying or causing someone else to die or be in harm's way. Excuses.

Boynton Beach, FL

#75284 Oct 29, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. The owner gets the cash but the workers give the sweat. Tip. You'll sleep better
I agree with this. What's a few more dollars? You still tip your server if you know it was the kitchen or the manager who screwed up.

Location hidden

#75285 Oct 29, 2012
I'm pretty sure the owner will be one of the movers.

Boynton Beach, FL

#75286 Oct 29, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm pretty sure the owner will be one of the movers.
That's different, probably, then... but I'd still tip just for my own piece of mind. You can't put a price on sentimentality, right? Plus I'm generally a big tipper. But many people would say you don't tip the owner, so do whatever you're comfortable with.

Location hidden

#75287 Oct 29, 2012
I'd feel like a jerk tipping one guy and not the other.

Plus... they're coming over mid to late Saturday afternoon after they're done with another move in a suburb (they move about 2-3 pianos a year, but they're also a regular moving company). I should tip out of gratitude that i didn't have to take time off from work like I did the last time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min forks_make_us_fat 1,114,957
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min On Again Off Again 50,020
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Eric 69,484
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,987
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 56 min Whats the Bulb An... 8
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr HomeGrownTerrorism 3
Amy - 9-29-2014 1 hr Ralph 28
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cancer On The pRe... 178,580

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]