Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Mmmm I've had thai food twice this week (leftover) and am having more today. Had wonton wrapped fried shrimp, fresh spring rolls, masaman curry with scallops, and beef fried rice. I can't WAIT for lunch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Pad See Yew

(Just checked my thai restaurant's menu, becuase I"d never heard of this.) I don't experiment -- I order the same thing every time.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always get Pad See Ew when I eat Thai, too.
That's what I had for dinner last night! My husband worked late and the boys had to eat dinner early since Ry had CCD (or whatever they are calling it now), so I got to eat whatever I wanted for dinner.

I am in hurricane prep mode today and tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather clears out before Wednesday afternoon. Last year we had no power on Halloween because of the snowstorm (that was day 3 of no power on our street) and our boys want to trick-or-treat with their friends in our neighborhood this year.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Now that Thai food is in my head, guess I'm having that for dinner tonight.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I had for dinner last night! My husband worked late and the boys had to eat dinner early since Ry had CCD (or whatever they are calling it now), so I got to eat whatever I wanted for dinner.
I am in hurricane prep mode today and tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather clears out before Wednesday afternoon. Last year we had no power on Halloween because of the snowstorm (that was day 3 of no power on our street) and our boys want to trick-or-treat with their friends in our neighborhood this year.
I hope you all remain safe and sound.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to eat Thai for lunch with Bambi today. Guess what I'm having, lol?

Good luck with the hurricane. Hopefully it will weaken before it gets up by you.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

I just read the article about the nanny killing those children. My heart aches for that family. I cannot imagine living through what they are living through.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Pad See Yew
(Just checked my thai restaurant's menu, becuase I"d never heard of this.) I don't experiment -- I order the same thing every time.
I just checked my favorite restaurant and it is spelled Pad See Ew, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

I just went to the bookmark for the mom's blog to post here (it's really wonderful) and it's been suspended.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I just went to the bookmark for the mom's blog to post here (it's really wonderful) and it's been suspended.
I don't need to read that. You want to make me cry at work or what?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always get Pad See Ew when I eat Thai, too.
Usually one of us gets it because the kids like it too.

I split my yellow curry with the girls last night because that's what they asked for, but I really wanted the Pad See Ew. I think that why when I tried to take a bite and it failed, I got so pissed.

I also like the cashew chicken at our local place, and they make a yummy curry fried rice that I get sometimes too.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What a poopy Halloween forcast! I hope the kids get to go out and that you all stay safe and fully electrified.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually one of us gets it because the kids like it too.
I get mine "Thai hot." Mine wouldn't touch it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Yeah, I will have to tell my daughter to get into hurricane mode too.

I just noticed how strange it is that I got blasted with wilma, you with a freak snow storm and not your getting both a hurricane and snow storm together, and they all occured during the last week of October.(though not the same year)
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My heart goes out to your mom. I have been crying off and all morning between the news (E was watching with me and asking why they were showing those kids' pictures) and a blog that I follow about a 6 year old who has cancer and the doctors have now said that it is no longer responding to any treatment, so if your mom's blog gets back online, I may as well read that, too.:)

The political ads and e-mails were getting to be too much for me (I'm still going to meetings and coordinating things IRL for the party, but I can't do political stuff 24/7), so I've been posting old pictures of family and friends on FB recently. It's been a good way to start discussions with relatives I don't usually talk to but am FB friends with and it brings up some happy memories. Plus, some of the pictures are just really fun to look at. I just needed a change of pace.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get mine "Thai hot." Mine wouldn't touch it.
My thai place has mild, medium, hot, and then "native hot." Coworker (we have a group of six who do take out once or twice a month fromt his place) orders it "native hot."

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

This might be a stupid question, but:

Regs who are moms...do you think you became more sensitive to stories (like the murdering nanny one today) after you became a mom? Or were you just maternal from the get-go and that type of thing always hit home?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
Regs who are moms...do you think you became more sensitive to stories (like the murdering nanny one today) after you became a mom? Or were you just maternal from the get-go and that type of thing always hit home?
For me, before being a mother, stories like that would be so sad. I would think "how horrible".

After being a mother, you try to put yourself in the same shoes as that mother and think -- "I could not survive that kind of grief".

It's not that you don't care or don't have sympathy before children, but after children it goes deeper, such a deep empathy that goes down to your soul.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
I think I was always sensitive to that kind of stuff, but having kids has made it worse.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart goes out to your mom. I have been crying off and all morning between the news (E was watching with me and asking why they were showing those kids' pictures) and a blog that I follow about a 6 year old who has cancer and the doctors have now said that it is no longer responding to any treatment, so if your mom's blog gets back online, I may as well read that, too.:)
The political ads and e-mails were getting to be too much for me (I'm still going to meetings and coordinating things IRL for the party, but I can't do political stuff 24/7), so I've been posting old pictures of family and friends on FB recently. It's been a good way to start discussions with relatives I don't usually talk to but am FB friends with and it brings up some happy memories. Plus, some of the pictures are just really fun to look at. I just needed a change of pace.
I am THRILLED to not be in a swing state. I've seen fewer than 10 total presidential ads between the two candidates. I read this morning that residents of Las Vegas have been subjected to 73,000 political ads in the last several months.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,181 - 74,200 of97,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 min george 3,814
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,578
Amy 7-11 6 min edogxxx 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min PDUPONT 1,071,798
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr lol 48,683
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,523
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,444
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••