Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75121 Oct 25, 2012
A pissed-off guy wrote a letter to the airline about his seat next to the bathroom:

http://twentytwowords.com/2012/04/13/amusingl...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75122 Oct 25, 2012
This guy rides around the city with his cat on his shoulder. On his bike.

http://www.wimp.com/catbike/

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75123 Oct 25, 2012
I went a haircut tonight. I usually get what I ask for, and it costs me $60 + tip. Nick says to stick with it, b/c with two haircuts a year, I'm still spending less than him and his $15 haircuts.

I went to Regis and got a $32 haircut (by a girl who went to the same $20K school my other stylists went). She did not do what we talked about (2.5 inches, 3 max). She cut WAY more off. It's a chin-length bob. But it looks better, I think, than what I wanted. So I guess I can't complain.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75124 Oct 25, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I went a haircut tonight. I usually get what I ask for, and it costs me $60 + tip. Nick says to stick with it, b/c with two haircuts a year, I'm still spending less than him and his $15 haircuts.
I went to Regis and got a $32 haircut (by a girl who went to the same $20K school my other stylists went). She did not do what we talked about (2.5 inches, 3 max). She cut WAY more off. It's a chin-length bob. But it looks better, I think, than what I wanted. So I guess I can't complain.
Yes you can. If she thought something else would have looked better, she should have said something. You pay for the haircut you want, not the one SHE wants. If you go back to her have a little talk. Say how much you liked the way she did your hair and then chime in with the BUT -- tell her you'd like her to talk to you about her ideas, that you're open to that. Obviously, she's talented. And she's cheaper. Worth the chit-chat.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#75126 Oct 26, 2012

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75127 Oct 26, 2012
TFGIF.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75128 Oct 26, 2012
Squishy: The two kids killed by the nanny in NYC -- the 6yo girl Lucia is called "lulu." I thought of your girls! This is so unbelievably sad.

I found the mom's blog of her kids -- she is a doting mother. The kids are adorable.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#75129 Oct 26, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Squishy: The two kids killed by the nanny in NYC -- the 6yo girl Lucia is called "lulu." I thought of your girls! This is so unbelievably sad.
I found the mom's blog of her kids -- she is a doting mother. The kids are adorable.
WTH? Hope she lives so we can find out why she did that.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75130 Oct 26, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Squishy: The two kids killed by the nanny in NYC -- the 6yo girl Lucia is called "lulu." I thought of your girls! This is so unbelievably sad.
I found the mom's blog of her kids -- she is a doting mother. The kids are adorable.
Just before my eldest was born 26 yers ago there was a nanny in the next suburb (Kenilworth) who slammed the 18 onth old baby head first to the floor like spiking a football. The kid did not die but literally lot half her brain.

Tha was why we used day care centers and not in home babysitters.

The NYC case is sad and strange

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75131 Oct 26, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Squishy: The two kids killed by the nanny in NYC -- the 6yo girl Lucia is called "lulu." I thought of your girls! This is so unbelievably sad.
I found the mom's blog of her kids -- she is a doting mother. The kids are adorable.
I just read about that. Well, as much as I could stomach, that is. I hate, hate, hate crying at my desk.

No way could I look at some pics of the kids without the waterworks starting.

Poor mom, poor remaining sib. My heart goes out to them.

And I hope the nanny dies a long slow horrible death; maybe get some MRSA or that flesh eating bacteria.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75132 Oct 26, 2012
The family had even flown to the Dominican Republic to visit the nanny's family earlier this year.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75133 Oct 26, 2012
I feel for the parents, of course, but more, for the middle sister Nessie who just lost her two best friends. In the blog, those three kids played together all the time.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#75134 Oct 26, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
TFGIF.
No sh!t.

I had one of the worst nights I've had in a long time last night. Maybe it the menopause coming on or the tail end of the current visit by Aunt Flo, I have no idea, but I was a complete mess. All snarly and cranky; nothing worked right, spilled just about everything that I touched, tried to find a pen for Lulu to use to do homework - went through 3 of them before we found one that worked, that kind of stuff.

The last straw came while we were finishing dinner and I tried to take a tatse of Dickie's Pad See Ew (sp?) and the noodle just jumped off my fork. I dropped the fork on the table and announced that I was done. Got up and went to bed. It was barely 8pm.

Still woke up with a headache.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#75135 Oct 26, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
No sh!t.
I had one of the worst nights I've had in a long time last night. Maybe it the menopause coming on or the tail end of the current visit by Aunt Flo, I have no idea, but I was a complete mess. All snarly and cranky; nothing worked right, spilled just about everything that I touched, tried to find a pen for Lulu to use to do homework - went through 3 of them before we found one that worked, that kind of stuff.
The last straw came while we were finishing dinner and I tried to take a tatse of Dickie's Pad See Ew (sp?) and the noodle just jumped off my fork. I dropped the fork on the table and announced that I was done. Got up and went to bed. It was barely 8pm.
Still woke up with a headache.
I always get Pad See Ew when I eat Thai, too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75136 Oct 26, 2012
Mmmm I've had thai food twice this week (leftover) and am having more today. Had wonton wrapped fried shrimp, fresh spring rolls, masaman curry with scallops, and beef fried rice. I can't WAIT for lunch.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#75137 Oct 26, 2012
Pad See Yew

(Just checked my thai restaurant's menu, becuase I"d never heard of this.) I don't experiment -- I order the same thing every time.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#75138 Oct 26, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always get Pad See Ew when I eat Thai, too.
That's what I had for dinner last night! My husband worked late and the boys had to eat dinner early since Ry had CCD (or whatever they are calling it now), so I got to eat whatever I wanted for dinner.

I am in hurricane prep mode today and tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather clears out before Wednesday afternoon. Last year we had no power on Halloween because of the snowstorm (that was day 3 of no power on our street) and our boys want to trick-or-treat with their friends in our neighborhood this year.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75139 Oct 26, 2012
Now that Thai food is in my head, guess I'm having that for dinner tonight.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#75140 Oct 26, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I had for dinner last night! My husband worked late and the boys had to eat dinner early since Ry had CCD (or whatever they are calling it now), so I got to eat whatever I wanted for dinner.
I am in hurricane prep mode today and tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather clears out before Wednesday afternoon. Last year we had no power on Halloween because of the snowstorm (that was day 3 of no power on our street) and our boys want to trick-or-treat with their friends in our neighborhood this year.
I hope you all remain safe and sound.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#75141 Oct 26, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I had for dinner last night! My husband worked late and the boys had to eat dinner early since Ry had CCD (or whatever they are calling it now), so I got to eat whatever I wanted for dinner.
I am in hurricane prep mode today and tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather clears out before Wednesday afternoon. Last year we had no power on Halloween because of the snowstorm (that was day 3 of no power on our street) and our boys want to trick-or-treat with their friends in our neighborhood this year.
I'm going to eat Thai for lunch with Bambi today. Guess what I'm having, lol?

Good luck with the hurricane. Hopefully it will weaken before it gets up by you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min n-dis-grace 1,110,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min LRS 178,054
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,667
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min Scott 49,839
Amy 9-18 29 min pde 25
Word (Dec '08) 32 min andet1987 4,713
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 3 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Amy 9-16 4 hr ralph 58
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••