Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Can anyone explain to me why people keep paying attention to Honey Boo Boo?

As far as I can tell, because I've only seen pictures and the blurbs with them, she's a pudgy, ill-mannered brat.

And I'm tired of seeing her everywhere.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

squishymama wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why people keep paying attention to Honey Boo Boo?
As far as I can tell, because I've only seen pictures and the blurbs with them, she's a pudgy, ill-mannered brat.
And I'm tired of seeing her everywhere.
When I first started hearing the name I thought it must be some new stupid cartoon show.
I was right.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>When I first started hearing the name I thought it must be some new stupid cartoon show.
I was right.
Ha! I don't watch her but I know way too much just b/c of commercials and her being on all kinds of programs. That kid is going to be so messed up before she's 14.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

PEllen wrote:
These are for EDog- Be careful what you rant about.
Part I
AP
1:24 p.m. CDT, October 24, 2012
NEW YORK (AP) Scientists in Oregon have created embryos with genes from one man and two women, using a provocative technique that could someday be used to prevent babies from inheriting certain rare incurable diseases.
The researchers at Oregon Health & Sciences University said they are not using the embryos to produce children, and it is not clear when or even if this technique will be put to use. But it has already stirred a debate over its risks and ethics in Britain, where scientists did similar work a few years ago.
Ads by GoogleThe British experiments, reported in 2008, led to headlines about the possibility someday of babies with three parents. But that's an overstatement. The DNA from the second woman amounts to less than 1 percent of the embryo's genes, and it isn't the sort that makes a child look like Mom or Dad. The procedure is simply a way of replacing some defective genes that sabotage the normal workings of cells.
The British government is asking for public comment on the technology before it decides whether to allow its use in the future. One concern it cites is whether such DNA alteration could be an early step down a slippery slope toward "designer babies" ordering up, say, a petite, blue-eyed girl or tall, dark-haired boy.
Questions have also arisen about the safety of the technique, not only for the baby who results from the egg, but also for the child's descendants.
In June, an influential British bioethics group concluded that the technology would be ethical to use if proven safe and effective. An expert panel in Britain said in 2011 that there was no evidence the technology was unsafe but urged further study.
Laurie Zoloth, a bioethicist at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., said in an interview that safety problems might not show up for several generations. She said she hopes the United States will follow Britain's lead in having a wide-ranging discussion of the technology.
While the kind of diseases it seeks to fight can be terrible, "this might not be the best way to address it," Zoloth said.
Over the past few years, scientists have reported that such experiments produced healthy monkeys and that tests in human eggs showed encouraging results. The Oregon scientists reported Wednesday that they have produced about a dozen early human embryos and found the technique is highly effective in replacing DNA.
The genes they want to replace aren't the kind most people think of, which are found in the nucleus of cells and influence traits such as eye color and height. Rather, these genes reside outside the nucleus in energy-producing structures called mitochondria. These genes are passed along only by mothers, not fathers.
I fully support stem-cell research, I'm opposed to "designer" babies (people aren't dogs) but see nothing wrong with filtering out certain diseases or malfunctioning genes.

Honey Boo WHO?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Honey Boo WHO?
Don't cry; we still mostly like you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

I feel sorry for her. She's, waht, 5? 6? Her mother is HORRID.

I only know who they are because Anderson Cooper had the pageant moms/daughters on his show, and made the moms dress up like they make their daughters dress up. You know, like hookers. The moms didn't like it, tried to justify that it's different with their little girls because they're children and innocent, blah blah blah.

These mothers are the same pieces of trash who think it'd be funny for a 10yo girl to dress up as a hooker for halloween and a 12yo boy to dress up as a pimp.

Idiots.

Since: Mar 09

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>When I first started hearing the name I thought it must be some new stupid cartoon show.
I was right.
HAHA!

Ang, she's 7 now. Her 16-yo old half-sister recently gave birth. Their mom is 33. Yeah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Okay, question for you guys, and for you women, too, as far as what you think your guy would say.

Would you rather never have cheese the rest of your life, or never have BJs?

I had dinner at a friend's house tonight, and apparently this question is going around. Friend's boyfriend said he'd go without BJs. I said Nick would say the same thing.

I called Nick when I got home. He didn't even hesitate. He can't live without cheese. Ha!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

I told my friends, "Hell, I just did that with nick last night, and you'd asked him five minutes later, he would have chosen to go go without another one! And I'm good!" :)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>HAHA!

Ang, she's 7 now. Her 16-yo old half-sister recently gave birth. Their mom is 33. Yeah.
I couldn't believe she's younger than me.'Murica!
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

My methodologists liked my research questions! Stoked--they are picky about those. They must be right before moving on. Yippee...

And I won (again) in fantasy football. 2nd place...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, question for you guys, and for you women, too, as far as what you think your guy would say.
I had dinner at a friend's house tonight, and apparently this question is going around. Friend's boyfriend said he'd go without BJs. I said Nick would say the same thing.
I called Nick when I got home. He didn't even hesitate. He can't live without cheese. Ha!
Only thing I eat with regularity that would be irrepairably changed by the absence of cheese is pizza. Everything else,I could easily forgo cheese.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't believe she's younger than me.'Murica!
Well, that means you have time to catch up to her accomplishments. Slacker.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that means you have time to catch up to her accomplishments. Slacker.
I have wasted my life! And I only have one chin!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

cheluzal wrote:
My methodologists liked my research questions! Stoked--they are picky about those. They must be right before moving on. Yippee...
And I won (again) in fantasy football. 2nd place...
People can go blind from your awesomeness!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'd go without BJ's. There is more than one way to skin a cat and ways that I enjoy more than a BJ. BJ to me is more foreplay or maybe a little for the halftime show.

;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd go without BJ's. There is more than one way to skin a cat and ways that I enjoy more than a BJ. BJ to me is more foreplay or maybe a little for the halftime show.
;)
Heh. That was Nick's take, and my friend's as well. Mike said: "Just THINK what you're giving up! PIZZA. Cheeseburgers!" (Nick won't eat a burger without cheese on it.)

The other night I asked him what his "last meal" might be and he said "cheese."

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dickie would choose the cheese. He's lactose intolerant anyway.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. That was Nick's take, and my friend's as well. Mike said: "Just THINK what you're giving up! PIZZA. Cheeseburgers!" (Nick won't eat a burger without cheese on it.)
The other night I asked him what his "last meal" might be and he said "cheese."
LOL. Yeah, I eat cheese just about every single day of my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,141 - 74,160 of97,512
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Stuart Cudahy 45,764
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,078,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min truth 48,841
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min TRD 67,862
Abby 7-23 17 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-23 19 min edogxxx 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 28 min hands on AR 5
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••