Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74655 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-foo tball/rankings
I don't get it, Iowa Hawkeyes are 4-2, their offense and defense are individually ranked in the top 25, but the team doesn't make it into either top 25. Maybe this weekend after they beat Penn State.
There are only 3 2-loss teams ranked. They lost to better opposition. Additionally, Iowa has no big wins against any ranked opponents. Beating Penn State likely won't make a dent.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74656 Oct 16, 2012
True fact: 47 percent of soup kitchen volunteers say they would never wash clean dishes purely for the purposes of staging a political photo op. The other 53 percent thought the question was so ridiculous they couldn't stop laughing long enough to answer it.

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74657 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
so not the point.
The point, of course, is that he faked a photo op.
All that shyte is fake, Angela. Do you think any of these a-holes would be going to soup kitchens and kissing babies if they weren't running for elections.

The fact is, Romney has given more of his OWN MONEY to charity than Obama and Biden combined. In contrast, Obama and Biden prefer to take other people's money and give it away.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74658 Oct 16, 2012
I remember reading about a visit to the children's hospital by some Vikings players. One of the staffers was quoted as saying something like, "This guy actually comes here quite a bit, but he doesn't alert the press first." The press was there this time because it was a team thing, but I liked being reminded that there are plenty of people who do nice things like that without looking for the publicity that comes with it.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74659 Oct 16, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You're suppose to actually help in a soup kitchen, not present and just get your picture taken.
He did help. He did dishes. He was only there for 15 minutes. How much can he possibly do in 15 minutes. If he didn't show up, there would be an article about how he blew off the soup kitchen.

Location hidden

#74660 Oct 16, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>There are only 3 2-loss teams ranked. They lost to better opposition. Additionally, Iowa has no big wins against any ranked opponents. Beating Penn State likely won't make a dent.
No, I know Penn State won't matter much, but maybe being 5-2 will. But I see quite a few 6-0 teams at the top! The South sure dominates college football.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74661 Oct 16, 2012
Toj wrote:
True fact: 47 percent of soup kitchen volunteers say they would never wash clean dishes purely for the purposes of staging a political photo op. The other 53 percent thought the question was so ridiculous they couldn't stop laughing long enough to answer it.
Fact is 99.99999 percent of soup kitchen volunteers aren't running for office. All this crap is staged during election time. Do you think Biden has a biker chick sit on his lap if he's not running for election? What about Obama, do you think he even shows up to that sandwich shop where he got manhandled by the owner if he wasn't running for election?

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Itasca, IL

#74662 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
One punch can kill a person -- not the punch so much, but the falling and hitting the head on the sidewalk/concrete. It's happened here a few times and makes the news every time -- because then the puncher is charged with much more serious charges than just having a fight outside the bar. They also don't seem to care that the dead person had an equal stake in the fight -- that doesn't seem to matter, that he took a risk by engaging in a fight.
heck, there was a story around here just recently about a guy who was found dead in his fire pit! wife was away fro the weekend, so pre/teen kid(s) found him outside when he didn't show up for breakfast... the authorities think he slipped and fell (it had rained), hitting his head just so...

Itasca, IL

#74663 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
This is funny about Bill Murray and his brothers.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prosp...
He has a sister who is a performer as well... and she's a sister. my parents met her once at a church thing, and it took tehm awhile to figure out htat Sr. <N> Murray was one of THOSE Murrays... She has a one-woman show that she takes on teh road every now and again.

the church event was a wine tasting that my dad was helping out at. now they like to say that they got Billy Murray's sister the sister blotto....

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74664 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is 99.99999 percent of soup kitchen volunteers aren't running for office. All this crap is staged during election time. Do you think Biden has a biker chick sit on his lap if he's not running for election? What about Obama, do you think he even shows up to that sandwich shop where he got manhandled by the owner if he wasn't running for election?
Exactly. They're all opportunistic and to single this out is a waste of energy.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74665 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a joke, Sub. Next time I'll clue you in.

Itasca, IL

#74666 Oct 16, 2012
wait a sec... my mom actually worked with Sr. Murray!! I forgot about that... my mom worked for only abuot a year and a half until i came along, so i wasn't sure if the timing was right.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74667 Oct 16, 2012
I always assumed those types of things were just that--photo ops. I don't care for him, but I'm not going to crucify him based on that.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74668 Oct 16, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
heck, there was a story around here just recently about a guy who was found dead in his fire pit! wife was away fro the weekend, so pre/teen kid(s) found him outside when he didn't show up for breakfast... the authorities think he slipped and fell (it had rained), hitting his head just so...
I read that one! So sad.

Location hidden

#74669 Oct 16, 2012
I think donning aprons for a fake photo op is going beyond what most politicians do.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74670 Oct 16, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a joke, Sub. Next time I'll clue you in.
I knew you were joking. Instead of cluing me in, instead maybe work on actually telling jokes that are funny.

:D

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#74671 Oct 16, 2012
Where is your buddy cycle?
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you were joking. Instead of cluing me in, instead maybe work on actually telling jokes that are funny.
:D

Location hidden

#74672 Oct 16, 2012
Heh. SNL should spoof this by having a liberal Democrat doing a staged photo op at an abortion clinic!

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74673 Oct 16, 2012
RACE wrote:
Where is your buddy cycle?
<quoted text>
I dunno, I was gonna ask that last week. I thought maybe he was on vacation, but this is the second week he's been gone, I think.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74674 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Heh. SNL should spoof this by having a liberal Democrat doing a staged photo op at an abortion clinic!
The visual of this made me guffaw unexpectedly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Fitius T Bluster 1,564,973
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Just Think 242,263
Cash me ouside 7 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 8 hr thomas 2056 1,757
has anyone ever had sex with an animal? (Jul '12) 8 hr el grosso loco 24
Any hot guys in Chicago ? 20-29 yo 10 hr Black Knight 5
WTF Over 11 hr Maxipad 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages