Topix Chitown Regulars

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74615 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. If you can't control yourself towards a woman, you're not fit for society. Tonka may feel totally justified for beating his wife into a bloody coma because she slapped him for staring down the babysitter's blouse, but the law may disagree. Frankly, I find his sheer hatred towards women despicable.
Even under the law, reasonable force must be no more than is reasonable under the circumstances. If a 110 pound woman punches you and you beat the crap out of her and really hurt her, you've probably used excessive force.

The law doesn't agree with Tonka. The law doesn't say, well your dainty wife hit you first, so you were right to punch her and break her face and if she doesn't like it, she shouldn't have hit you first.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74616 Oct 16, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Knife or no knife, you recommended he restrain her. As if someone being restraind is going to sit quietly. Just like in the video I sent she would kick and scratch and claw as much as possible to get free. No thanks. I'll go with the knockout blow.
Again Tonka, even under the law, you are allowed to use reasonable force and no more than is necessary to protect yourself. You canít say, well I just decided to knock the person out because I was afraid she MIGHT POSSIBLY scratch or kick me or pull out a bazooka if I didnít.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way, in case you didn't notice, the dude in the video got canned too. So even when faced with a passenger that is brandishing a knife, the transit authority did not back their employee who followed your advice and called the cops and restrained the perp.
He got canned because their policy is that you are not to physically ejected, detained, or accosted a passenger unless the bus driver or another passengerís physical well being is threatened. He prevented her from leaving the bus and thus detained her before she pulled the knife and therefore by that act violated company policy. That is why he got fired, not because he defended himself after he pulled the knife. If she had pulled out a knife immediately and then he confronted her, he wouldnít have been fired. This isnít hard to understand, Tonka.

If you canít see why a bus company doesnít want their driver acting like a bouncer in Roadhouse over a $1.50 fare when serving a community of people who include a lot of unstable folks, I donít know what to tell you. I can only imagine how much the bus company had to shell out for his stitches, because he handled the situation wrong and didnít do everything he could do defuse the situation.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74617 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even under the law, reasonable force must be no more than is reasonable under the circumstances. If a 110 pound woman punches you and you beat the crap out of her and really hurt her, you've probably used excessive force.
The law doesn't agree with Tonka. The law doesn't say, well your dainty wife hit you first, so you were right to punch her and break her face and if she doesn't like it, she shouldn't have hit you first.
I agree with this -- I think you're right.

I'm on tonka's SIDE, but your comments re: the law seem accurate to me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74618 Oct 16, 2012
This is funny about Bill Murray and his brothers.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prosp...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74619 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, that's awesome. Sent that to J.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74620 Oct 16, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's awesome. Sent that to J.
And then posted it on his FB wall, because that needs to be seen.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74621 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Tonka, even under the law, you are allowed to use reasonable force and no more than is necessary to protect yourself. You canít say, well I just decided to knock the person out because I was afraid she MIGHT POSSIBLY scratch or kick me or pull out a bazooka if I didnít.
<quoted text>
He got canned because their policy is that you are not to physically ejected, detained, or accosted a passenger unless the bus driver or another passengerís physical well being is threatened. He prevented her from leaving the bus and thus detained her before she pulled the knife and therefore by that act violated company policy. That is why he got fired, not because he defended himself after he pulled the knife. If she had pulled out a knife immediately and then he confronted her, he wouldnít have been fired. This isnít hard to understand, Tonka.
If you canít see why a bus company doesnít want their driver acting like a bouncer in Roadhouse over a $1.50 fare when serving a community of people who include a lot of unstable folks, I donít know what to tell you. I can only imagine how much the bus company had to shell out for his stitches, because he handled the situation wrong and didnít do everything he could do defuse the situation.
Dude, make uip your mind. First you say to restrain, then you say not to restrain cause it violates company policy. The dude in incident #1 was not acting like a roadhouse bouncer over a bus fare. He did not hit her till she hit him and spit on him. He retaliated to violence committed upon him. He did not beat her to a pulp as you are trying to characterize. She hit him. He hit her. She was still conscious and screaming back at him after his blow. Just in shock that he would dare to hit her, completely ignoring the fact that she struck first. She got what she deserved and every woman I know that has seen it agrees. My co-worker showed it to his wife, and she agreed the chick deserved it.

So lets review, passenger strikes bus driver, and Sublime thinks he should not strike back, but should stop the bus and call the police and take no action against passenger other than to restrain her, oh wait, can't do that. That's against company policy. So instead, stop the bus and, what? Ask her nicely to stay on the bus till the authorities show up? Good luck with that. She'd be gone well before anyone showed up. So basically, you advocate a passenger assaulting a bus driver twice(2 felonies, spitting on someone is a felony) and walking away with no repercussions. Sorry. No bus driving job pays enough to subject yourself to that.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74622 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Ha, ha. That's awesome.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74623 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you beat your wife, Mr Tonka? I mean, assuming she "has it coming?"
Stop! Edog. You know he doesn't.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74624 Oct 16, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Me, in 1997: "Ermahgahd, we *have* to go see them! It's probably the last time they'll tour!"
http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/1...
Yes, I saw them three times thinking each time it was their last.

I think I've seen the Stones enough. Although I loved the concert each time. I guess you should never say never.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74625 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I love Bill Murray.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74626 Oct 16, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I saw them three times thinking each time it was their last.
I think I've seen the Stones enough. Although I loved the concert each time. I guess you should never say never.
Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my way to see them now, but it was a good time.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74627 Oct 16, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, make uip your mind. First you say to restrain, then you say not to restrain cause it violates company policy.
Make up my mind? How can I make up my mind when you are talking about two completely different situations, mixing facts, and mixing company policy. In the first situation the driver was being assaulted. In the second situation the driver detained a person before he was being assaulted. Duh!

Maybe you should stick to the facts and policy of one video at a time, since you seem incapable of appreciating that the facts are different and the company policies may be different.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>The dude in incident #1 was not acting like a roadhouse bouncer over a bus fare. He did not hit her till she hit him and spit on him. He retaliated to violence committed upon him.
I donít know what the first companies policy is. Neither do you. I only know what the second one is. So, I donít know why they are suspending him. Maybe they are suspending him until they investigate. Also, neither guy was charged by the police. So apparently, the police thought their conduct was reasonable, but that doesnít mean it conformed to company policy.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>He did not beat her to a pulp as you are trying to characterize. She hit him. He hit her. She was still conscious and screaming back at him after his blow. Just in shock that he would dare to hit her, completely ignoring the fact that she struck first. She got what she deserved and every woman I know that has seen it agrees. My co-worker showed it to his wife, and she agreed the chick deserved it.
That still doesnít mean it complied with company policy.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So lets review, passenger strikes bus driver, and Sublime thinks he should not strike back, but should stop the bus and call the police and take no action against passenger other than to restrain her, oh wait, can't do that. That's against company policy.
Again, Tonka, you donít know what the first companyís policy is. So stop acting like you do. Sublime thinks you should follow company policy and if you donít and get suspended or fired, thatís your own fault. Go be a bouncer at a bar, instead of a bus driver who has to follow company policy, if you wanna beat everyone who doesnít respect your authoritay.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#74628 Oct 16, 2012
I just watched the 1st video, and that was excessive force as well. Again, just because a woman hits you, doesn't give you the right to break her face and he very well could have with that uppercut.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74629 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
if you wanna beat everyone who doesnít respect your authoritay.
No, I wanna beat up everyone that punches me and spits in my face. Got nothing to do with authority.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Bronx, NY

#74630 Oct 16, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop! Edog. You know he doesn't.
No, I don't. Given that he sees no problem striking women, I don't think abusing his wife is too far of a stretch.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Bronx, NY

#74631 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Angela and tonka are wrong on this.
Sam I Am

Memphis, TN

#74632 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, I find his sheer hatred towards women despicable.
Then you must think you're about the worst person in the world.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74633 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
I just watched the 1st video, and that was excessive force as well. Again, just because a woman hits you, doesn't give you the right to break her face and he very well could have with that uppercut.
You keep throwing out this "break her face" bs. No one's face was broken. No one suffered any broken bones. If a woman OR man hits you, it gives you the right to hit back. Period.

And you say the second video was excessive force? Then we need to review Sublime's method of restraint. It was YOU who recommended the bus driver restrain the chick. How would you go about doing that? How do you think it would play out? You seem to have the answers but none of them work.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74634 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't. Given that he sees no problem striking women, I don't think abusing his wife is too far of a stretch.
You've got no problem striking a man, should I assume you beat on your grandpa? Little brother? Co-worker? Is that too far of a stretch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 7 min Gulag Avoider 197
Chris Matthews.....not him? 38 min Snarky Joins Club 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 54 min mdbuilder 1,660,044
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 3 hr said everyone 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,104
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 6 hr Tardos-get lost 6,656
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 8 hr RaunerRUN Away 15

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages