Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74586 Oct 15, 2012
The whole thing didn't get recorded. The witnesses state that the woman hit him first.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74587 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No. In that case I'd say he has every right.
If your 90 lb daughter/sister/wife got pounded on by a fat, 60 yr old man, you'd care about what SHE may have done wrong?
yes, i would care. if she goes looking for trouble and it finds her, who's fault is that. i don't live in edog world where its ok for chicks to throw chairs at dudes without repercussions cause they're chicks.
consequences should be based on the offense, not who the perp is.

Location hidden

#74588 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
What do you think would happen if a citizen punched a cop and spit in his face? I guarantee it would be pretty similar to what the but driver dished out. Probably worse.
When you hit someone, especially someone you don't know, you automatically sign up for the possibility that the sh8t may get beaten out of you.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74589 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Did you have a point? Cause if you did, its missing.
Missed this earlier. I was just wondering if anyone had any current information that was not second hand about visitation in facilities on your side of the country. Not what is on tv, or what someone who knew someone said, but first hand.

Location hidden

#74590 Oct 15, 2012
I thought Moon's point was obvious: All of us weighin in on what it's like to visit a prison, but none of us has actually been there.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74591 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i would care. if she goes looking for trouble and it finds her, who's fault is that. i don't live in edog world where its ok for chicks to throw chairs at dudes without repercussions cause they're chicks.
consequences should be based on the offense, not who the perp is.
They probably have a specific protocol you are supposed to follow with unruly passengers, and he probably didn't follow it.

I don't live in edogs world either, but I'm not very aggressive with women. My female cousin punched me in a bar, last summer, gave me a small shiner, and I just grab both hands of hers and restrained her and had her tossed.

The one police officer told me, if she wants to fight like a man, you should have hit her like a man. Yeah, that's wonderful, except she's about 110 pounds. My hitting her could kill her, and she has kids. I'm glad I had enough restraint. The thought never even crossed my mind. I was raised not to hit women. And what would the point be? She was more of a gnat than a real threat. Would I hit her to punish her. I don't need to beat on a woman to punish her. I also think embarrassing her and having her tossed out hurt her more.

Now if that were a guy, the switch woulda been flicked, and I wouldn't have thought twice about ramming his f'ing head into the brick wall she was standing in front of and punishing him. I just don't get like that and see red with women, even c**t b1tches.

Location hidden

#74592 Oct 15, 2012
And the second she spit on him or did whatever, he should have just restrained her until the police came and had her arrested. No one is saying you have to take abuse, Tonka. You make it sound like you either let her get away with it or you beat her. That's not true.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74593 Oct 15, 2012
right. he should have restrained her. its just that simple.

like this incident.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#74594 Oct 16, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Did you have a point? Cause if you did, its missing.
Her point, as usual, is that she's better than us because she associates with the dredges of society.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#74595 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
When you hit someone, especially someone you don't know, you automatically sign up for the possibility that the sh8t may get beaten out of you.
This might be true. But it still doesn't justify violence towards women.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#74596 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
Now if that were a guy, the switch woulda been flicked, and I wouldn't have thought twice about ramming his f'ing head into the brick wall she was standing in front of and punishing him. I just don't get like that and see red with women, even c**t b1tches.
Yes. If you can't control yourself towards a woman, you're not fit for society. Tonka may feel totally justified for beating his wife into a bloody coma because she slapped him for staring down the babysitter's blouse, but the law may disagree. Frankly, I find his sheer hatred towards women despicable.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#74597 Oct 16, 2012

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#74598 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. If you can't control yourself towards a woman, you're not fit for society. Tonka may feel totally justified for beating his wife into a bloody coma because she slapped him for staring down the babysitter's blouse, but the law may disagree. Frankly, I find his sheer hatred towards women despicable.
Two observations:
1. This was written between 2-3 in the morning on a work night (WTH??)
2.You are an old fashioned romantic, knights and ladies variety
dahgts

United States

#74599 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text> Frankly, I find his sheer hatred towards women despicable.
You have got to be kidding! You are the only one here that is constantly referring to women as whxxres, bxxtches, etc. every chance you get without one iota of evidence that anyone you refer to deserve that description. Topix made me xx.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74600 Oct 16, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be true. But it still doesn't justify violence towards women.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Chick wants to get violent towards a man, she deserves that violence returned. The old adage, never hit a woman, comes from a time when it was unthinkable that a woman would start shit with a man. Obviously that time has passed.

I have no hate towards women. I am equal opportunity. Any PERSON that commits a violent act toward me deserves to have that act returned.

Location hidden

#74601 Oct 16, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They probably have a specific protocol you are supposed to follow with unruly passengers, and he probably didn't follow it.
I don't live in edogs world either, but I'm not very aggressive with women. My female cousin punched me in a bar, last summer, gave me a small shiner, and I just grab both hands of hers and restrained her and had her tossed.
The one police officer told me, if she wants to fight like a man, you should have hit her like a man. Yeah, that's wonderful, except she's about 110 pounds. My hitting her could kill her, and she has kids. I'm glad I had enough restraint. The thought never even crossed my mind. I was raised not to hit women. And what would the point be? She was more of a gnat than a real threat. Would I hit her to punish her. I don't need to beat on a woman to punish her. I also think embarrassing her and having her tossed out hurt her more.
One punch can kill a person -- not the punch so much, but the falling and hitting the head on the sidewalk/concrete. It's happened here a few times and makes the news every time -- because then the puncher is charged with much more serious charges than just having a fight outside the bar. They also don't seem to care that the dead person had an equal stake in the fight -- that doesn't seem to matter, that he took a risk by engaging in a fight.

Location hidden

#74602 Oct 16, 2012
Last week on light rail here, some crazy guy got on the train and started threatening some old rider. People pulled the cord/pushed the call b utton to get the driver to realize there's an emergency, but nothing happened.

On the train was a former professional wrestler. He put the guy in a special from-behind hold that knocked him on unconscious, then at the next stop when the doors opened, the wrestler tossed the guy out on the sidewalk.

Cops found the guy, and he got violent with the cops so it was off to jail for him.

Location hidden

#74603 Oct 16, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Chick wants to get violent towards a man, she deserves that violence returned. The old adage, never hit a woman, comes from a time when it was unthinkable that a woman would start shit with a man. Obviously that time has passed.
I have no hate towards women. I am equal opportunity. Any PERSON that commits a violent act toward me deserves to have that act returned.
ITA. I certainly don't hate women OR men! But if I hit a guy, I may NOT get hit back, but I MIGHT, and that's the risk I take when I hit a guy. It's not fair that a man shouldn't be able to punch a woman who punched him first.

I'm totally with Tonka on this.

Location hidden

#74604 Oct 16, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
right. he should have restrained her. its just that simple.
like this incident.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RSaeW6j7gUMXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
These are two completely different situations. We aren't talking about a situation where someone is armed with a knife.

Location hidden

#74605 Oct 16, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
One punch can kill a person -- not the punch so much, but the falling and hitting the head on the sidewalk/concrete. It's happened here a few times and makes the news every time -- because then the puncher is charged with much more serious charges than just having a fight outside the bar. They also don't seem to care that the dead person had an equal stake in the fight -- that doesn't seem to matter, that he took a risk by engaging in a fight.
That's why it's important to approach these things in the right manner. You are allowed to defend yourself. In many jurisdictions you are allowed to stand your ground and defend yourself. You are not allowed to start a fight and then kill someone, even if they hit you.

Also, just because you are charged, doesn't mean you will be convicted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,395,236
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques in Orleans 216,761
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min IB DaMann 60,097
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 11 min RACE 8,495
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 56 min PEllen 2,698
Word (Dec '08) 57 min PEllen 6,417
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min PEllen 8,888
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages