|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear
Really? That's one side of visitation I've neve seen on tv. Never knew that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

I think it's pretty crappy to do that to a kid -- strip search, etc. -- just so you can visit your dealer while he's in the big house.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
She DID assault him first and he tried to call the cops THREE TIMES.
Oh, yeah.I forgot about that. She knocked the phone out of his hand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I'm real consistent. I don't buy the claim of self defense. As far as I'm concerned, he started the altercation then ran for his gun. By your definition, I should be able to head out to the bar, strapped, start pounding on someone, and when he gets the upper hand on me, I can claim self defense and shoot his ass. Doesn't work that way.
In both cases I side with the one who did not start the altercation.
Same here. Because the person starting the altercation is the person who took the biggest chance, and decided it was worth taking.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
Don't remember what thread it was but last week we were talking about how that one Teen Mom girl is now in prison for the next 2-5 years. Link is too long, but on MSNBC, there's an article about how her ex-boyfriend is going to bring their 3-year-old to see her in prison.
Any opinions on this?
I'm not sure what to think. J's mom and stepdad used to bring him with to various prisons when they would visit friends. He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear, and at 8-10 years old, this is fairly traumatic. Possibly even more so when he was older and realized that most adults meet up with their friends at restaurants and sporting events, not prisons. I think that was horribly uncalled for, but what about kids visiting parents?
Can't they Skype instead?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If she assaulted him first, he might be able to make a case for self-defense, otherwise, there are laws in this country. If she was unruly and refused to pay and hence refused to leave, he should have called the authorities. I would have no sympathy if he lost his job. Hell, I've had coworkers, and some customers, get mouthy with me on a couple of occasions, the only reason I didn't belt them one was because I knew I'd lose my job if I did. So he should have known better. And just because a woman hits a man, is no excuse for him to punch her lights out. Unless he was actually in danger of great bodily harm, he's just some pr!k that beat up a female. No, I ain't giving kudos to this dbag.
She did assault him first.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
Anyone seen this story?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/bus-...
Chick gets on bus, tries to not pay. Bus driver not having that. Gonna kicker her off at next stop if she don't have her money. She argues with him and eventually grabs his neck, spits in his face, calls him a bitch, and hits him.
Driver stopped bus, got up, and uppercuts her ass into tomorrow. Then grabs her and throws her off bus. Says bitch wanna act like a man I'll treat her like a man.
BRAVO!
Of course now he's suspended and may lose his job of 22 years. And that bitch will probably sue the transit authority who will settle.
I was in agreement until I actually saw the video. No, he was very wrong. He was taunting her just as she was taunting him. He was part of it. He was saying how he was going to get his daughter and granddaughter to beat her up. She was very wrong -- don't misunderstand.

He should have stopped the bus, called the police and demand her to get out.

I was on a CTA bus (Chicago bus) one day when a man was taunting a bus driver saying all kinds of things. The bus driver called the copsand let the cops deal with him. Most of the passengers gave the bus driver their cards before getting off (only a few stayed on the bus while waiting for the cops) telling him to call if they need a witness.

That woman on the Ohio bus was about 100 pounds lighter than him, he could have easily restrained her even if that's what he wanted to do.

Too many people are tit-for-tat but that's not a good choice in many cases.

I don't care if this is his first altercation. Something made him snap instead of stay professional.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> She grabbed his throat, spit in his face, and hit him. That's not assault to you?
I never said it wasn't.
Mister Tonka wrote:
And in that situation, you had no cause to hit anyone. Mouthy does not equal being assaulted. How are you missing the fact that he was assaulted?
My point was, no one has any business hitting anyone except in self-defense. I didn't get the sense he was actually in any danger. He's just trying to excuse his violent behavior towards a woman.
Mister Tonka wrote:
The F it ain't. Lemme guess, if it was another man, you'd be cool with it? F that. You commit a violent act, be prepared to have violence returned to you. Gender is irrelevant. Being a woman does not give you a pass to assault someone.
I'm gonna have to disagree. In our society, men don't hit women. Men are typically bigger and stronger. If the dude weighed 100 pounds and the woman was three hundred, I might be more inclined to support his actions. But the girl was 22-25? The dude was obviously older since he'd been on the job for 22 years, I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing he's bigger and more seasoned. There's no excuse for what he's done.

Suppose Mike Tyson got slapped by a 90 pound blond girl? You and Angela think it's totally okay for him to drive her through the wall??! I cannot get on board with that and frankly, your attitudes are disgusting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Really? That's one side of visitation I've neve seen on tv. Never knew that.
Also, at least at the prison my friend was going to visit: No shorts (long pants only), no over-revealing tops, no sleeveless tops, etc. She showed up for the first visit on a hot summer day and ended up going to Walmart for new clothes.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Toj wrote:
Something made him snap instead of stay professional.
Getting punched and spit on will do that to you. I don't care how much heavier than her he was. She knew how big he was when she spit in his face.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think it's pretty crappy to do that to a kid -- strip search, etc.-- just so you can visit your dealer while he's in the big house.
But you're totally okay for them to do it in an airport?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't they Skype instead?
In prison? I don't think so.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in agreement until I actually saw the video. No, he was very wrong. He was taunting her just as she was taunting him. He was part of it. He was saying how he was going to get his daughter and granddaughter to beat her up. She was very wrong -- don't misunderstand.
He should have stopped the bus, called the police and demand her to get out.
I was on a CTA bus (Chicago bus) one day when a man was taunting a bus driver saying all kinds of things. The bus driver called the copsand let the cops deal with him. Most of the passengers gave the bus driver their cards before getting off (only a few stayed on the bus while waiting for the cops) telling him to call if they need a witness.
That woman on the Ohio bus was about 100 pounds lighter than him, he could have easily restrained her even if that's what he wanted to do.
Too many people are tit-for-tat but that's not a good choice in many cases.
I don't care if this is his first altercation. Something made him snap instead of stay professional.
Guess I should have watched it. Forgot my earbuds today, will watch later.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The "Dave on wheels" blog was taken down.
I just saw that. I am mad because I meant to copy it.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I'm real consistent. I don't buy the claim of self defense. As far as I'm concerned, he started the altercation then ran for his gun. By your definition, I should be able to head out to the bar, strapped, start pounding on someone, and when he gets the upper hand on me, I can claim self defense and shoot his ass. Doesn't work that way.
In both cases I side with the one who did not start the altercation.
Who threw the first punch?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Getting punched and spit on will do that to you. I don't care how much heavier than her he was. She knew how big he was when she spit in his face.
Watch the video again. He was arguing WITH her. He joined in. It escalated b/c he joined in.

It's okay. I know I'm going to be in the minority here. I don't have a problem with another viewpoint.

Yes, her actions were horrible. Yes, he needed to report her and file a police report.

There was no need whatsoever to hit her and physically throw her. Doesn't make any of her actions correct. Also, doesn't make his actions right, either.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw that. I am mad because I meant to copy it.
Maybe they'll make a memorial with some of his sayings and some of the postings.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
In prison? I don't think so.
I don't either, but it seems like it would be a better option for a little kid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're totally okay for them to do it in an airport?
Right. Because I said I was totally okay with that.(not.)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Matilda77 wrote:
Don't remember what thread it was but last week we were talking about how that one Teen Mom girl is now in prison for the next 2-5 years. Link is too long, but on MSNBC, there's an article about how her ex-boyfriend is going to bring their 3-year-old to see her in prison.
Any opinions on this?
I'm not sure what to think. J's mom and stepdad used to bring him with to various prisons when they would visit friends. He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear, and at 8-10 years old, this is fairly traumatic. Possibly even more so when he was older and realized that most adults meet up with their friends at restaurants and sporting events, not prisons. I think that was horribly uncalled for, but what about kids visiting parents?
I don't know where or when that was, but NO prison in this state or any other I've lived in strip searches visitors, especially not kids. There are rules about clothing, and you go through metal detectors, but NO visitors are strip searched. I doubt very much if it's happening now in prisons anywhere in the states, but then again, who knows what they do in the east. Out here it's just not like that. At all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,581 - 73,600 of97,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min danetoo 67,858
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr NITiN 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 174,457
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••