Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74568 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I did watch the video. What is it you are seeing?
Help me out here Tonk -- I'm not exactly in Camp Dog, yannow?

He provoked some of it as well. He's on the job. He should have had training about handling upset passengers and if he doesn't THAT should be addressed for all drivers as well.

Yes, she was wrong. He was, too. That wasn't a street fight. He was at his place of work. That girl who was so much smaller than him was not a threat to him. She was horrible, I agree. He handled an irate public customer poorly and it ended poorly.

But you believe if someone does something to you it gives you the right to go bigger or go home. He should have stopped the bus right away and dealt with it instead of talking how he was going to get his daughters and granddaughters to beat her up. C'mon!

As I said, we're gonna disagree about this one.

Not looking to change your mind.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74569 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you okay with the new measures of airport security?
Absolutely not. I think the TSA employes thieves and power-hungry fools.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#74570 Oct 15, 2012
What I dont get is that you are blaming the guy for being assaulted.
If the driver had thrown the first punch, would you have blamed the passenger?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the video. They did speak to the police. He had every opportunity to press charges and did not. He was in a professional situation and was part of the escalation.
As I said, we will just have to disagree on this one.
He could have kept his mouth shut and let the other shout and scream. He should have stopped the bus immediately and then called the cops -- not waited until he's driving and then start arguing with her. That woman put all the people on the bus in danger and so did the bus driver. You have an irate passenger next to you, you need to stop the bus. The problem is he didn't take the appropriate action right away and then actually escalated it.
Maturity and self-control broke down and pure stupidity took its course.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74571 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
A crusty old man beating up a smaller woman?
No. It's not quite THAT. A woman who went off on a guy and behaved more than just a little poorly and a man who behaved very poorly.
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#74572 Oct 15, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they'll make a memorial with some of his sayings and some of the postings.
Or maybe they'll make a memorial to me after I effing kill someone. It was a hoax. An elaborate, ridiculous hoax. The Chive investigated, found some inconsistencies and found out it was all fake. The person who did it said that David Rose was a character of his psyche meant to inspire, and now he is upset and crying that he was revealed to be a hoax. I want to tear small pieces of flesh from his body and pour salt and lemon juice into each fresh wound. I want him to be forced to subsist on a diet of used tampons and raw chicken. I want him to be given a fresh paper cut every hour on the hour for the rest of his life.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74573 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
A crusty old man beating up a smaller woman?
You are really focusing on the woman aspect, and I find that irrelevant. Would you feel the same way if the person who spit on him and hit him was a 25 year old dude who weighed 200lbs?

Location hidden

#74574 Oct 15, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe they'll make a memorial to me after I effing kill someone. It was a hoax. An elaborate, ridiculous hoax. The Chive investigated, found some inconsistencies and found out it was all fake. The person who did it said that David Rose was a character of his psyche meant to inspire, and now he is upset and crying that he was revealed to be a hoax. I want to tear small pieces of flesh from his body and pour salt and lemon juice into each fresh wound. I want him to be forced to subsist on a diet of used tampons and raw chicken. I want him to be given a fresh paper cut every hour on the hour for the rest of his life.
The Terry Schiavo blog, now THERE was a fraud worth committing! That thing was hilarious!

http://durrrrr.blogspot.com/

Location hidden

#74575 Oct 15, 2012
I would think I would be smart enough to not physically assault a man 100 pounds heavier than me, lest he punch my lights out. No woman should think she gets to go off all crazy on some man because as a woman she's untouchable.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74576 Oct 15, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that when Red posted it. How sad! It pulled at all our heart strings.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74577 Oct 15, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I would think I would be smart enough to not physically assault a man 100 pounds heavier than me, lest he punch my lights out. No woman should think she gets to go off all crazy on some man because as a woman she's untouchable.
For me, it's not about a man and woman and being untouchable. If it was a man her size who did that to the driver, I would think the driver was out of bounds. Not only for hitting him/her when he is on the job as a public employee and not handling it properly, but also because he did some of the provocation as well. It's the entire package.

Now if he was Joe Schmo the passenger also on the bus and the woman, I'd have less problem with it, but the size thing would be an issue for me.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74578 Oct 15, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'd like to think you're someone who would have had the bus fare in the first place.
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#74579 Oct 15, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The Terry Schiavo blog, now THERE was a fraud worth committing! That thing was hilarious!
http://durrrrr.blogspot.com/
OK, I laughed at that. Thank you.

Location hidden

#74580 Oct 15, 2012
To me, it's about don't start a fight that you can't win.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#74581 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Would you feel the same way if the person who spit on him and hit him was a 25 year old dude who weighed 200lbs?
No. In that case I'd say he has every right.

If your 90 lb daughter/sister/wife got pounded on by a fat, 60 yr old man, you'd care about what SHE may have done wrong?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#74582 Oct 15, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn. Now I'm having to wonder if Edog isn't really a democratic strategist and lead tenor in the Gay Mens Chorus. I bet Sub is a man of few words too! Damn.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74583 Oct 15, 2012
The video clip just shows her standing there, him getting up and slugging her. If that is all there is, he is wrong

Most words are not sufficient in and of themselves to justify an act of physical agression: he/she who does the first touching/shoving/punching is the aggressor
Sam I Am

Nashville, TN

#74584 Oct 15, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Damn. Now I'm having to wonder if Edog isn't really a democratic strategist and lead tenor in the Gay Mens Chorus. I bet Sub is a man of few words too! Damn.
It does make you wonder what to believe, huh?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74585 Oct 15, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it's not about a man and woman and being untouchable. If it was a man her size who did that to the driver, I would think the driver was out of bounds. Not only for hitting him/her when he is on the job as a public employee and not handling it properly, but also because he did some of the provocation as well. It's the entire package.
Now if he was Joe Schmo the passenger also on the bus and the woman, I'd have less problem with it, but the size thing would be an issue for me.
I have already conceded that his actions leading up to the assault left something to be desired. But once he was assaulted, I don't care who he was working for, that is not part of his job description to take that abuse. No job is worth letting someone assault you. If someone came to my office and screamed their head off at me and called my mother a whore, I would not like it, but I would not strike them. Once you touch me, the rules have changed. I just can't understand how anyone could endorse putting up with assault. What do you think would happen if a citizen punched a cop and spit in his face? I guarantee it would be pretty similar to what the but driver dished out. Probably worse.

Location hidden

#74586 Oct 15, 2012
The whole thing didn't get recorded. The witnesses state that the woman hit him first.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74587 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No. In that case I'd say he has every right.
If your 90 lb daughter/sister/wife got pounded on by a fat, 60 yr old man, you'd care about what SHE may have done wrong?
yes, i would care. if she goes looking for trouble and it finds her, who's fault is that. i don't live in edog world where its ok for chicks to throw chairs at dudes without repercussions cause they're chicks.
consequences should be based on the offense, not who the perp is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 230,907
Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine 10 min Elder James Johnson 34
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min TRUMP WINNERS 1,457,512
last post wins! (Apr '13) 58 min They cannot kill ... 1,953
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,738
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 1 hr YIM 9
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 62,296

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages