Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74540 Oct 15, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in agreement until I actually saw the video. No, he was very wrong. He was taunting her just as she was taunting him. He was part of it. He was saying how he was going to get his daughter and granddaughter to beat her up. She was very wrong -- don't misunderstand.
He should have stopped the bus, called the police and demand her to get out.
I was on a CTA bus (Chicago bus) one day when a man was taunting a bus driver saying all kinds of things. The bus driver called the copsand let the cops deal with him. Most of the passengers gave the bus driver their cards before getting off (only a few stayed on the bus while waiting for the cops) telling him to call if they need a witness.
That woman on the Ohio bus was about 100 pounds lighter than him, he could have easily restrained her even if that's what he wanted to do.
Too many people are tit-for-tat but that's not a good choice in many cases.
I don't care if this is his first altercation. Something made him snap instead of stay professional.
Guess I should have watched it. Forgot my earbuds today, will watch later.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#74541 Oct 15, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The "Dave on wheels" blog was taken down.
I just saw that. I am mad because I meant to copy it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74542 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I'm real consistent. I don't buy the claim of self defense. As far as I'm concerned, he started the altercation then ran for his gun. By your definition, I should be able to head out to the bar, strapped, start pounding on someone, and when he gets the upper hand on me, I can claim self defense and shoot his ass. Doesn't work that way.
In both cases I side with the one who did not start the altercation.
Who threw the first punch?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74543 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Getting punched and spit on will do that to you. I don't care how much heavier than her he was. She knew how big he was when she spit in his face.
Watch the video again. He was arguing WITH her. He joined in. It escalated b/c he joined in.

It's okay. I know I'm going to be in the minority here. I don't have a problem with another viewpoint.

Yes, her actions were horrible. Yes, he needed to report her and file a police report.

There was no need whatsoever to hit her and physically throw her. Doesn't make any of her actions correct. Also, doesn't make his actions right, either.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74544 Oct 15, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw that. I am mad because I meant to copy it.
Maybe they'll make a memorial with some of his sayings and some of the postings.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74545 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
In prison? I don't think so.
I don't either, but it seems like it would be a better option for a little kid.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74546 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're totally okay for them to do it in an airport?
Right. Because I said I was totally okay with that.(not.)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74547 Oct 15, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Don't remember what thread it was but last week we were talking about how that one Teen Mom girl is now in prison for the next 2-5 years. Link is too long, but on MSNBC, there's an article about how her ex-boyfriend is going to bring their 3-year-old to see her in prison.
Any opinions on this?
I'm not sure what to think. J's mom and stepdad used to bring him with to various prisons when they would visit friends. He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear, and at 8-10 years old, this is fairly traumatic. Possibly even more so when he was older and realized that most adults meet up with their friends at restaurants and sporting events, not prisons. I think that was horribly uncalled for, but what about kids visiting parents?
I don't know where or when that was, but NO prison in this state or any other I've lived in strip searches visitors, especially not kids. There are rules about clothing, and you go through metal detectors, but NO visitors are strip searched. I doubt very much if it's happening now in prisons anywhere in the states, but then again, who knows what they do in the east. Out here it's just not like that. At all.

Location hidden

#74548 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Getting punched and spit on will do that to you. I don't care how much heavier than her he was. She knew how big he was when she spit in his face.
ITA.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74549 Oct 15, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't either, but it seems like it would be a better option for a little kid.
When is the last time ANY of you have visited someone in prison?
Seriously. Anyone besides me have any REAL first hand experience with this in the last decade?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74550 Oct 15, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where or when that was, but NO prison in this state or any other I've lived in strip searches visitors, especially not kids. There are rules about clothing, and you go through metal detectors, but NO visitors are strip searched. I doubt very much if it's happening now in prisons anywhere in the states, but then again, who knows what they do in the east. Out here it's just not like that. At all.
Ah, that's good. This was the mid-late 80s and somewhere in the South/SouthEast. I was kinda horrified when he told me that.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74551 Oct 15, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>When is the last time ANY of you have visited someone in prison?
Seriously. Anyone besides me have any REAL first hand experience with this in the last decade?
Not me. I did find that strange when they said they stripped search the visitors.

Then I thought perhaps it was a maximum security prison or something.

Location hidden

#74552 Oct 15, 2012
I think it makes sense wehn the people being visited are drug offenders (Matilda's inlaws' cohorts). Drugs won't set off the metal detectors, so they have to be sure you're not smuggling in horse or coke for someone.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74553 Oct 15, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
Nope. I didn't even know 'jail' and 'prison' were two different things until recently.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74554 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who threw the first punch?
According to what I have read, she spit on him and punched him. This is while he was still in his seat. Once knocked her ass out, she wasn't throwing no more punches.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74555 Oct 15, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the video again. He was arguing WITH her. He joined in. It escalated b/c he joined in.
It's okay. I know I'm going to be in the minority here. I don't have a problem with another viewpoint.
Yes, her actions were horrible. Yes, he needed to report her and file a police report.
There was no need whatsoever to hit her and physically throw her. Doesn't make any of her actions correct. Also, doesn't make his actions right, either.
If you want to fault him for his escalation of words. Fine. Take the fight out of it and tell me you would reprimand him for engaging her like that verbally, I might be ok with that. But he was physically assaulted, he has every right to retaliate. He deserves zero disciplinary action for hitting her.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74556 Oct 15, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
Did you have a point? Cause if you did, its missing.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#74557 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I could have done without that. Of course, I could have done without all the men too.
I'm curious as to why.

And I don't mean the men part; that I get.
:D

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74558 Oct 15, 2012
Toj wrote:
There was no need whatsoever to hit her and physically throw her.
If someone punches me, they better expect that I am going to punch them back. If someone is smaller than me, and does not hit as hard as me, that is something for them to consider before striking me. The fact that I can hit harder is not my concern, nor should it be.

I wonder what would have happened if he had done things your way? Get punched. Get spit on. Then stop the bus and call the cops(oh, wait. He tried to and she knocked the phone from his hand). And wait. And wait. Think she would have stuck around and waited? "Yes officer. Here's my side of the story. I feel he was rude to me so I spit in his face and punched him.".

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74559 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>According to what I have read, she spit on him and punched him. This is while he was still in his seat. Once knocked her ass out, she wasn't throwing no more punches.
When you can, watch the video. I think we'll still disagree, but you might see what I am seeing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,264,240
Ask Amy August 3 9 min RACE 3
Abby August 3 16 min RACE 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru MD 194,693
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr meeeooww 6,259
abby august 2 2 hr RACE 2
amy august 2 2 hr RACE 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages