“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74510 Oct 15, 2012
squishymama wrote:
But I think the thing that irretated me the most was that the clean cage lasted all of an hour. That little thing is messy!
I liked to joke that I owned the only animal that could sh1t its own body weight in under an hour.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74511 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Anyone seen this story?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/bus-...
Chick gets on bus, tries to not pay. Bus driver not having that. Gonna kicker her off at next stop if she don't have her money. She argues with him and eventually grabs his neck, spits in his face, calls him a bitch, and hits him.
Driver stopped bus, got up, and uppercuts her ass into tomorrow. Then grabs her and throws her off bus. Says bitch wanna act like a man I'll treat her like a man.
BRAVO!
Of course now he's suspended and may lose his job of 22 years. And that bitch will probably sue the transit authority who will settle.
I love this bus driver.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74512 Oct 15, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this bus driver.
ve read a few stories on this and the comments. The vast majority of the folks support him. I think I counted 2 maybe 3 that did not. And one common theme was the assumption that he was dangerous and could go off at any time and what if he did this to his wife, would that be ok?

I want to uppercut these idiots. The guy's been on the job for 22 years. Has he cold-cocked anyone before? No? Then I'd hardly characterize him asa ticking time bomb waiting to explode. As far as the wife scenario, I wanna ask how many of them know wives who grab their husbands by the neck, spit in their face, call them a bitch and punch them?

Its one thing to maintain a level of professionalism when dealing with an unruly customer, but once you are assaulted, all bets are off. As far as I'm concerned, that person ceases to be a customer and becomes a violent criminal.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74513 Oct 15, 2012

Location hidden

#74514 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>ve read a few stories on this and the comments. The vast majority of the folks support him. I think I counted 2 maybe 3 that did not. And one common theme was the assumption that he was dangerous and could go off at any time and what if he did this to his wife, would that be ok?
I want to uppercut these idiots. The guy's been on the job for 22 years. Has he cold-cocked anyone before? No? Then I'd hardly characterize him asa ticking time bomb waiting to explode. As far as the wife scenario, I wanna ask how many of them know wives who grab their husbands by the neck, spit in their face, call them a bitch and punch them?
Its one thing to maintain a level of professionalism when dealing with an unruly customer, but once you are assaulted, all bets are off. As far as I'm concerned, that person ceases to be a customer and becomes a violent criminal.
Same on the RTA for not having his back and punishing him at all. Would they rather have him sit there and take physical abuse?

Location hidden

#74515 Oct 15, 2012
Shame, not same

Location hidden

#74516 Oct 15, 2012
Re: the enema guy: WTH: Part of his fetish must be the returning and knowing that some innocent person at home will be disgusted when they open their enema kit and find it pre-pooped.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74517 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>ve read a few stories on this and the comments. The vast majority of the folks support him. I think I counted 2 maybe 3 that did not. And one common theme was the assumption that he was dangerous and could go off at any time and what if he did this to his wife, would that be ok?
I'm with you. How much are people supposed to put up with in any line of work? I don't agree with physical violence in most situations, but I hate that some women think they can batter men because 'men aren't supposed to hit women'. Two way street and all that.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74518 Oct 15, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
If she assaulted him first, he might be able to make a case for self-defense, otherwise, there are laws in this country. If she was unruly and refused to pay and hence refused to leave, he should have called the authorities. I would have no sympathy if he lost his job. Hell, I've had coworkers, and some customers, get mouthy with me on a couple of occasions, the only reason I didn't belt them one was because I knew I'd lose my job if I did. So he should have known better. And just because a woman hits a man, is no excuse for him to punch her lights out. Unless he was actually in danger of great bodily harm, he's just some pr!k that beat up a female. No, I ain't giving kudos to this dbag.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#74519 Oct 15, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this bus driver.
So it's alright for a dude to punch a woman, but it's not alright for a man to shoot another man in self-defense?(Zimmerman) Gotta love your consistency!

Location hidden

#74520 Oct 15, 2012
The "Dave on wheels" blog was taken down.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74521 Oct 15, 2012
Don't remember what thread it was but last week we were talking about how that one Teen Mom girl is now in prison for the next 2-5 years. Link is too long, but on MSNBC, there's an article about how her ex-boyfriend is going to bring their 3-year-old to see her in prison.

Any opinions on this?

I'm not sure what to think. J's mom and stepdad used to bring him with to various prisons when they would visit friends. He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear, and at 8-10 years old, this is fairly traumatic. Possibly even more so when he was older and realized that most adults meet up with their friends at restaurants and sporting events, not prisons. I think that was horribly uncalled for, but what about kids visiting parents?

Location hidden

#74522 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If she assaulted him first, he might be able to make a case for self-defense, otherwise, there are laws in this country. If she was unruly and refused to pay and hence refused to leave, he should have called the authorities. I would have no sympathy if he lost his job. Hell, I've had coworkers, and some customers, get mouthy with me on a couple of occasions, the only reason I didn't belt them one was because I knew I'd lose my job if I did. So he should have known better. And just because a woman hits a man, is no excuse for him to punch her lights out. Unless he was actually in danger of great bodily harm, he's just some pr!k that beat up a female. No, I ain't giving kudos to this dbag.
She DID assault him first and he tried to call the cops THREE TIMES.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74523 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
If she assaulted him first, he might be able to make a case for self-defense,
She grabbed his throat, spit in his face, and hit him. That's not assault to you?
edogxxx wrote:
Hell, I've had coworkers, and some customers, get mouthy with me on a couple of occasions, the only reason I didn't belt them one was because I knew I'd lose my job if I did.
And in that situation, you had no cause to hit anyone. Mouthy does not equal being assaulted. How are you missing the fact that he was assaulted?
edogxxx wrote:
And just because a woman hits a man, is no excuse for him to punch her lights out.
The F it ain't. Lemme guess, if it was another man, you'd be cool with it? F that. You commit a violent act, be prepared to have violence returned to you. Gender is irrelevant. Being a woman does not give you a pass to assault someone.

Location hidden

#74524 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's alright for a dude to punch a woman, but it's not alright for a man to shoot another man in self-defense?(Zimmerman) Gotta love your consistency!
There you go again, comparing two unrelated things.

I believe in hitting women. If a man could be hit in the same scenario/situation, so should a woman. Women aren't special.

Location hidden

#74525 Oct 15, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Don't remember what thread it was but last week we were talking about how that one Teen Mom girl is now in prison for the next 2-5 years. Link is too long, but on MSNBC, there's an article about how her ex-boyfriend is going to bring their 3-year-old to see her in prison.
Any opinions on this?
I'm not sure what to think. J's mom and stepdad used to bring him with to various prisons when they would visit friends. He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear, and at 8-10 years old, this is fairly traumatic. Possibly even more so when he was older and realized that most adults meet up with their friends at restaurants and sporting events, not prisons. I think that was horribly uncalled for, but what about kids visiting parents?
Prisoners get court-ordered visitation while in prison, so the other parent (or another relative) has to get the child to visit his/her parent in prison or face contempt of court charges.

I think everything should be done to maintain the child-parent relationship, unless they're going to terminate her rights.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#74526 Oct 15, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Any opinions on this?
Well, I'd probably have an issue with bringing your three year old with you to visit your old college roommate, but I don't see any problem with bringing a child to visit one of their parents.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74527 Oct 15, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm real consistent. I don't buy the claim of self defense. As far as I'm concerned, he started the altercation then ran for his gun. By your definition, I should be able to head out to the bar, strapped, start pounding on someone, and when he gets the upper hand on me, I can claim self defense and shoot his ass. Doesn't work that way.

In both cases I side with the one who did not start the altercation.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74528 Oct 15, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
He'd have to undergo strip searches down to his underwear
Really? That's one side of visitation I've neve seen on tv. Never knew that.

Location hidden

#74529 Oct 15, 2012
I think it's pretty crappy to do that to a kid -- strip search, etc. -- just so you can visit your dealer while he's in the big house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RealDave 1,155,559
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 71,192
Dear Abby 12-25 24 min PEllen 1
amy 12-25 26 min PEllen 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Homo Erectus 49,309
Incredible Shots Of Chicago From The Internatio... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 182,038
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:40 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:40PM