Comments
73,521 - 73,540 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74474 Oct 12, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Both twins born with the same severe disability? Wow. My problems get less significant every day.
Well, they were identical twins, and it's genetic (not hereditary), so if one had it, the other one had to have it.

The kicker that made me cry (years ago when I met this friend and her family and the nephews): The parents wanted more kids, but knew the two boys would take so much time, money, and energy, they felt that they should just focus on those and do everything possible to give them a great 20 years. They did this knowing that they'd be childless the rest of their lives.

To me, that's a damn big sacrifice. You love kids and want to have them, and part of that is, enjoying watching them grow into independent adults, maybe giving you grandkids to spoil.... and they opted out of that for the sake of the two children that were born first.

Location hidden

#74475 Oct 12, 2012
Okay, get this. My friend's uncle does a pumpkin display in his yard every year, where the pumpkins are butt cheeks belonging to scarecrows and the scarecrows are bent ovaer, mooning people driving by. Hardy har har. Not funny to me, but also very harmless. This year, he added a female scarecrow and two pumpkins were huge boobs.

THE COPS CAME BY becuase someone complained about the "nipples" on the "boobs" (the pumpkin stems) and told him he had to cover them up.

I'd tell the cops to go eff themselves and fill my yard with more just like it.(who's the asshat who complained to the cops?)

So he complied, and turned the pumpkins around, but also painted them bright pink for breast cancer awareness month. Nicely played!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74476 Oct 12, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, get this. My friend's uncle does a pumpkin display in his yard every year, where the pumpkins are butt cheeks belonging to scarecrows and the scarecrows are bent ovaer, mooning people driving by. Hardy har har. Not funny to me, but also very harmless. This year, he added a female scarecrow and two pumpkins were huge boobs.
THE COPS CAME BY becuase someone complained about the "nipples" on the "boobs" (the pumpkin stems) and told him he had to cover them up.
I'd tell the cops to go eff themselves and fill my yard with more just like it.(who's the asshat who complained to the cops?)
So he complied, and turned the pumpkins around, but also painted them bright pink for breast cancer awareness month. Nicely played!
Love it!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74477 Oct 12, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh that's awesome!

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#74478 Oct 12, 2012
I agree with Pelly & Toj - way to make lemonade out of lemons, dude!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#74479 Oct 12, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

That is awesome!

I hope the person who complained to the cops feels like a total jacka$$

Boynton Beach, FL

#74480 Oct 12, 2012
Ugh! My friend A's boyfriend, who she almost broke up with last night, announced this evening that he was coming up to her place.

She was supposed to look at condos with me tomorrow but has to work, so she had already backed out of that. While I was at dinner just now, she left me a message asking about dinner tomorrow night, and I could meet G for the first time. But I can't, because of the concert.

I'm so annoyed and frustrated. Serenity now....

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74481 Oct 12, 2012
So, the woman who has been in charge of coordinating Republican poll clerks in our town for years became very ill several months ago, had to be hospitalized, then did rehab in a nursing home and is now back in her home with her son but no one has been able to contact her for a month.

I was asked to be the poll clerk coordinator and given one week to get the names in to the county Board of Elections. We have 150 spots to fill. We usually have 20 - 30 of those spots filled with registered Democrats because there aren't enough Republicans who are willing to work the polls and because Mrs. G. was a 90 year old mostly deaf lady who didn't really look for anyone new, she just kept calling the same people (even though she was supposed to give priority to any registered Republicans who wanted to work).

This is the first election that we don't have any Democrats working for us. It is really none if my business how people want to register and the beauty of this country is that we are free to make our own choices, but the system only works if there are checks and balances and if both sides are represented fairly.

I talked to one of the long time Dem poll workers tonight who was going to be on my reserve list. She called me evil, accused me of trying to suppress votes (by not having a Dem work as a Rep poll worker even though there are already 2 Dem poll workers at the table?) and told me that she was going to contact the media because she didn't believe that there wasn't a single Democrat working as a Republican poll worker.

*sigh*

Boynton Beach, FL

#74482 Oct 12, 2012
And I'm sorry all I talk about lately is my stuff and my friend's stuff... I promise, I care about other people and other things!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74483 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
And I'm sorry all I talk about lately is my stuff and my friend's stuff... I promise, I care about other people and other things!
Don't apologize! That's what we are here for :)

Your friend's situation does sound worrisome, but maybe it's good that you can't meet her bf tomorrow. Your life doesn't revolve around him. Her life *shouldn't*, but you can't tell someone else how to live her life.

BTW, sometimes I feel very self-absorbed when I read my posts here. Then I think about why I'm posting here vs. FB or talking to one of my RL friends. Sometimes I just need to see my vents written out. If someone else has another perspective to add, even better. If people choose to skip my posts, that's ok, it still did me good to let it out where my RL people won't run across them. I expect others to do the same.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74484 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Don't sweat it. Rant and vent all you need here. People don't want to read it, they can scroll on past.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74485 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Ugh! My friend A's boyfriend, who she almost broke up with last night, announced this evening that he was coming up to her place.

She was supposed to look at condos with me tomorrow but has to work, so she had already backed out of that. While I was at dinner just now, she left me a message asking about dinner tomorrow night, and I could meet G for the first time. But I can't, because of the concert.

Ugh

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74486 Oct 12, 2012
I could...But I wont.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Both twins born with the same severe disability? Wow. My problems get less significant every day.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74487 Oct 12, 2012
You have enough on your plate right now lady. Get strong for yourself or else you will never be strong enough for your friend.
(yes, wine is flowing, and I again apologize if I am asshated.).
j_m_w wrote:

Location hidden

#74488 Oct 13, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
I talked to one of the long time Dem poll workers tonight who was going to be on my reserve list. She called me evil, accused me of trying to suppress votes (by not having a Dem work as a Rep poll worker even though there are already 2 Dem poll workers at the table?) and told me that she was going to contact the media because she didn't believe that there wasn't a single Democrat working as a Republican poll worker.
*sigh*
I don't understand what she's so upset about. Is she upset that you've rounded up more Rs than usual for this job? I'm lost.

Location hidden

#74489 Oct 13, 2012
Went to bed at 8:50 last night, was awake 3 hours later (did that the night before, too). 4:15 I was up for good. I may take a nap later.

Good morning!(see you later)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74490 Oct 13, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand what she's so upset about. Is she upset that you've rounded up more Rs than usual for this job? I'm lost.
I think she 's really just upset that she lost her $200 job for the day. I have just never had political "insults" directed at me personally.*I'M* trying to suppress votes? I think she just hurled any anti-Republican thing she had heard recently.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74491 Oct 13, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Went to bed at 8:50 last night, was awake 3 hours later (did that the night before, too). 4:15 I was up for good. I may take a nap later.

Good morning!(see you later)
Ah, I checked FB before I came here. Hope you have a good day!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74492 Oct 13, 2012

Boynton Beach, FL

#74493 Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the validation, guys.
:)

RACE, I think you should take Amy's job, your drunk advice runs circles around her sober drivel. ;)

Jess... try to let it just roll off your back. I know it's tough, especially when people are calling you such a personal name (evil? really?) but YOU know what your intentions are and that you're on the up and up.

I wanted to go for a walk this morning but the weather is blustery. Maybe I'll hit the treadmill in the gym instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min TRD 68,379
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,100,505
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 26 min newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 45 min andet1987 4,656
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Rick Moss 68,994
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Heisenberg 44
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info