Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#74413 Oct 11, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
Church on a Wednesday!? That's just craziness!
It's actually normal. Lots of churches have Bible study and youth group and choir practice and stuff on Wednesday nights.
:)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74414 Oct 11, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Journey is a definite! Openers are Loverboy and Pat Benetar: 80s awesomeness.
What a crock of shit. So Journey with the replacement singer is the headliner to Loverboy and their original lead singer and THE Pat Benatar?

Boynton Beach, FL

#74415 Oct 11, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock of shit. So Journey with the replacement singer is the headliner to Loverboy and their original lead singer and THE Pat Benatar?
Um... yeah...? Watch it, you are one of the people I was appreciating earlier!
;)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74416 Oct 11, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Another poll!
Was just reading a story about the decline in PC sales and whether or not the pc industry is dying.
I think it is silly to think so. I think sales are down because people are not upgrading their pc's as often since there are other toys to buy(namely tablets). Additionally, I think that a family could get by with 1 pc just fine, but maybe buy multiple tablets as personal devices for the different household members and therefore, they use the pc even less.
But the poll is, who here thinks they would be fine having JUST a tablet/ipad and/or a smart phone to handle all your computing needs and can see a time that you don't own a desktop/laptop computer at all?
I love having a tablet, but I still view it as an expensive toy.
We just built what will likely be our last PC. We'll be in a motorhome full time within the year, and although we'll keep it and use it, the laptop will undoubtedly get more use, and when the PC dies, it will be replaced with another laptop. If we'd realized that our change would happen this soon we wouldn't have spent the 125 that we put into this one. We also wouldn't have bought so much firewood.
But we're sure going to be warm this winter. No need to conserve.
Gotta find the bright side of the plague.

Location hidden

#74417 Oct 11, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
check with Moon or Mimi... i bet they would welcome yuo for a cuppa... and they're not far out of hte way from your usual route home... ;-D
I'd welcome her, and she could maybe find some books or something she wanted. Less stuff for me to deal with.

Location hidden

#74418 Oct 11, 2012
Just realized I didn't really answer the question.
Possibly down to a large tablet, but only if it has one of those holographic keyboards. I don't like the tiny keyboard displays on small tablets or phones.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74419 Oct 11, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>We just built what will likely be our last PC. We'll be in a motorhome full time within the year, and although we'll keep it and use it, the laptop will undoubtedly get more use, and when the PC dies, it will be replaced with another laptop. If we'd realized that our change would happen this soon we wouldn't have spent the 125 that we put into this one. We also wouldn't have bought so much firewood.
But we're sure going to be warm this winter. No need to conserve.
Gotta find the bright side of the plague.
When I said PC, that includes laptops(I don't currently even own a desktop). The "sky is falling" article was more about how pc sales are down and sales of tablets and smart phones are up.

For the forseeable future, I don't see ever being without a pc/laptop. As convenient as tablets are, they don't have enough storage space to keep my entire music collection or my entire music collection. Sure there's cloud options, but to get the space I would need, 1) it would cost some money, and 2)I view that type of storage as a backup, not the primary/only copy. Once we get to the day where tablets can connect to an external ard drive, I could see more people having no need for a computer. But I just can't see it ever becoming completely un-needed.

Boynton Beach, FL

#74420 Oct 11, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>As convenient as tablets are, they don't have enough storage space to keep my entire music collection or my entire music collection.
Haha! Looks like I'm not the only one drinking tonight!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74421 Oct 11, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! Looks like I'm not the only one drinking tonight!
Hah! The was supposed to be music and photos. Hell, home videos too.

Does having one bottle of Woodchuck count as drinking?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74422 Oct 12, 2012

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74423 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
a Journey concert with friends on Saturday night.
Chunzel's going to that. You should try to meet up with her.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74424 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Imagine... if I didn't have Topix, I might be posting my drunken ramblings on Facebook. <shudder>
Going to look at condos downtown on Saturday morning. I LOVE my apartment but being closer to work and 99% of my friends will be a good thing. I'm a pro at moving, so no big deal. Right?
Right!

Location hidden

#74425 Oct 12, 2012
Happy payday/Friday, fools! Weekend plans?

Tonight: Pack, clean, game, drink, smoke. Before any of that, Nick’s coming over with his 5yo to work on my motorcycle. He worked on it for about an hour last night while Alex and I ate supper together (I’d ordered pizzas – one for me, one for Nick to take home, and as a nice surprise for the 5yo, I got him a kid’s meal of mac ‘n’ cheese, applesauce, and a juice box, which he loved b/c he had pizza for lunch and isn’t a huge fan of pizza). Tonight we’ll plug in the battery charger and it should be good to go tomorrow! I can set it outside with a “for sale” sign and hope to sell it this weekend before winter hits us.

Tomorrow: Donate blood at 7:30 a.m. Packing. Date night.

Sunday: More packing. Baking cookies for the coworker who nearly died from meningitis.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74426 Oct 12, 2012
Tonight: Our local hockey league's pre-season game. J may or may not go, so I rassled up some of my hockey peeps to go with. We have season tickets this year, so it's the first of many drunken nights.:-D

Saturday: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson! I can't wait. Zombie puts on a really fun show. Opening act was supposed to be Jonathan Davis from Korn as a DJ, but now it's somebody else. Where'd I put my E? ;-P

Sunday: League hockey. Somewhere in the weekend, painting the porch.

Miami, FL

#74427 Oct 12, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Chunzel's going to that. You should try to meet up with her.
She is? Down here? I'll email her.

Miami, FL

#74428 Oct 12, 2012
Today: lunch plans with a co-worker.

Tonight: dinner with a few people from work.

Tomorrow: looking at condos with my realtor AND my friend A, who's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend. Woo hoo!

Tomorrow night: Journey concert. Or as Tonka would prefer, Loverboy/Pat Benetar concert.

Sunday: church and breakfast after with my friend L.

I did my Target run last night, so I'll still have to grocery shop and clean the house (which is significantly easier now :/) at some point, probably Sunday afternoon.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74429 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Tomorrow: looking at condos with my realtor AND my friend A, who's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend. Woo hoo!
Knock some sense in to her, willya? From us. Tell her she's good enough, smart enough, and goshdarnit, people like her.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74430 Oct 12, 2012
Weekend plans.
Yardwork and housework. Finally got my stupid bathed, he was getting pretty rank. Now he is shedding clean fur all over the house.

Maybe I will bring him to the beach Sat night, chicks dig him.

Location hidden

#74431 Oct 12, 2012
She's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend? As in, they COULD get together but she's opting not to?

I think that's a very good sign.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74432 Oct 12, 2012
Tonight: Bambi works tonight. So, I'll be home alone with the boys. I'll let them have a sleep over in the family room and watch a movie with me.

Tomorrow: Going to a fair.

Sunday: I'd like to go hiking with the family and do lunch. The leaves are changing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-24 7 min Sublime1 14
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Right 1,127,175
2 dead, 7 hurt in shootings since Friday evening 53 min reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min Doug77 4,799
abby 10-25 1 hr RACE 3
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr boundary painter 353
amy 1-25 1 hr RACE 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr jacques Ottawa 179,464
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]