“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74426 Oct 12, 2012
Tonight: Our local hockey league's pre-season game. J may or may not go, so I rassled up some of my hockey peeps to go with. We have season tickets this year, so it's the first of many drunken nights.:-D

Saturday: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson! I can't wait. Zombie puts on a really fun show. Opening act was supposed to be Jonathan Davis from Korn as a DJ, but now it's somebody else. Where'd I put my E? ;-P

Sunday: League hockey. Somewhere in the weekend, painting the porch.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74427 Oct 12, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Chunzel's going to that. You should try to meet up with her.
She is? Down here? I'll email her.

Miami, FL

#74428 Oct 12, 2012
Today: lunch plans with a co-worker.

Tonight: dinner with a few people from work.

Tomorrow: looking at condos with my realtor AND my friend A, who's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend. Woo hoo!

Tomorrow night: Journey concert. Or as Tonka would prefer, Loverboy/Pat Benetar concert.

Sunday: church and breakfast after with my friend L.

I did my Target run last night, so I'll still have to grocery shop and clean the house (which is significantly easier now :/) at some point, probably Sunday afternoon.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74429 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Tomorrow: looking at condos with my realtor AND my friend A, who's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend. Woo hoo!
Knock some sense in to her, willya? From us. Tell her she's good enough, smart enough, and goshdarnit, people like her.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74430 Oct 12, 2012
Weekend plans.
Yardwork and housework. Finally got my stupid bathed, he was getting pretty rank. Now he is shedding clean fur all over the house.

Maybe I will bring him to the beach Sat night, chicks dig him.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74431 Oct 12, 2012
She's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend? As in, they COULD get together but she's opting not to?

I think that's a very good sign.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74432 Oct 12, 2012
Tonight: Bambi works tonight. So, I'll be home alone with the boys. I'll let them have a sleep over in the family room and watch a movie with me.

Tomorrow: Going to a fair.

Sunday: I'd like to go hiking with the family and do lunch. The leaves are changing.

Miami, FL

#74433 Oct 12, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
She's taking the weekend off from her boyfriend? As in, they COULD get together but she's opting not to?
I think that's a very good sign.
Yes! She texted me last night to say that she would come with me to look at condos, so I called and asked if G was coming up here. As soon as I asked, she said she had to call me back so I knew he was calling her. She never did call me but texted me this morning that she didn't get off the phone with him until after midnight. She said she broke up with him (!!!) but he called back and they "worked things out." However, she is still taking this weekend off from seeing him.

They're going to Orlando next weekend (that's still on, I asked) and tomorrow I plan on telling her that if she feels uncomfortable and wants to leave, she needs to call me day or night and I will drop everything and come get her. My mom will be in town so I don't have to worry about my dogs, so it's kind of the perfect weekend for it if that happens.

Miami, FL

#74434 Oct 12, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock some sense in to her, willya? From us. Tell her she's good enough, smart enough, and goshdarnit, people like her.
Heh. My friend S told me this morning that I need to grab her by the collar and smack her across the face four times. Figuratively, of course.
:)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74435 Oct 12, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Tonight: Our local hockey league's pre-season game. J may or may not go, so I rassled up some of my hockey peeps to go with. We have season tickets this year, so it's the first of many drunken nights.:-D
Saturday: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson! I can't wait. Zombie puts on a really fun show. Opening act was supposed to be Jonathan Davis from Korn as a DJ, but now it's somebody else. Where'd I put my E? ;-P
Sunday: League hockey. Somewhere in the weekend, painting the porch.
Saw Manson 3 times back in 94. Small clubs. First time was before they had an album out. Friend told me they'd be big. Damn good shows, but I did not think America would take a liking to him. Thought he was nuts to think they'd ever get any real success. Guess I was wrong.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74436 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>She said she broke up with him (!!!) but he called back and they "worked things out."
Nooooooooo!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74437 Oct 12, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Tomorrow night: Journey concert. Or as Tonka would prefer, Loverboy/Pat Benetar concert.
As I said in an answer to Angela's question some time ago, changing singers, to me, is changing the the most identifiable part of a band and thus rendering it a completely differnt band. Journey's new singer might be great(I have no idea), but considering I've never heard a single Journey song since Steve Perry left the band, I'm gonna have to compare a modern day Journey show to a night of listening to some good Karaoke. Bring Steve Perry back and I can get on board with Journey being the headliner.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#74438 Oct 12, 2012
Tonight: nothing special, but probably an early bedtime since I'm still sick from yesterday. I have what I thought was allergies, but now I'm not so sure. Whatever it is kicked my butt yesterday; I slept from 8am-2pm. Feeling a little better today.

Sat: Put up our very tame halloween decorations and sit down with the fam and the laptop and decide what we're doing on our Disney vacation. We are limited in our funding, so we're going to save some money by buying our tickets on-line.

Sun: This will be our first cleaning of the guinea pig cage. My sister, Auntie Anything, convinced us that Lulu was old enough and responsible enough for a pet and since we can't do cats (allergies) and I'm not picking up dog poop in February, a guinea pig it is. He's actually kinda cute and Lulu has been very good about tending to his needs. We'll see how long that lasts!

But we have to change the bedding once a week and I can see it getting messy. Oh well, that's what vacuums are for, right?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74440 Oct 12, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Tonight: nothing special, but probably an early bedtime since I'm still sick from yesterday. I have what I thought was allergies, but now I'm not so sure. Whatever it is kicked my butt yesterday; I slept from 8am-2pm. Feeling a little better today.
Sat: Put up our very tame halloween decorations and sit down with the fam and the laptop and decide what we're doing on our Disney vacation. We are limited in our funding, so we're going to save some money by buying our tickets on-line.
Sun: This will be our first cleaning of the guinea pig cage. My sister, Auntie Anything, convinced us that Lulu was old enough and responsible enough for a pet and since we can't do cats (allergies) and I'm not picking up dog poop in February, a guinea pig it is. He's actually kinda cute and Lulu has been very good about tending to his needs. We'll see how long that lasts!
But we have to change the bedding once a week and I can see it getting messy. Oh well, that's what vacuums are for, right?
Get a cheap brush/dustpan combo, take everything out including the pig, scoop it in to a garbage bag or a couple grocery store bags, put in new bedding. When the cage bottom starts getting wonky stains from the pee, get a spray bottle and mix white vinegar with equal parts water, spray the cage and wipe it down really good and let it dry. Seriously, when I had 5 guinea pigs and a HUGE cage, it took me like 10 minutes, once a week.

Location hidden

#74441 Oct 12, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>As I said in an answer to Angela's question some time ago, changing singers, to me, is changing the the most identifiable part of a band and thus rendering it a completely differnt band. Journey's new singer might be great(I have no idea), but considering I've never heard a single Journey song since Steve Perry left the band, I'm gonna have to compare a modern day Journey show to a night of listening to some good Karaoke. Bring Steve Perry back and I can get on board with Journey being the headliner.
I've heard the new singer. He looks like steve Perry and sounds almost exactly like him. It's eerie.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74442 Oct 12, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>As I said in an answer to Angela's question some time ago, changing singers, to me, is changing the the most identifiable part of a band and thus rendering it a completely differnt band. Journey's new singer might be great(I have no idea), but considering I've never heard a single Journey song since Steve Perry left the band, I'm gonna have to compare a modern day Journey show to a night of listening to some good Karaoke. Bring Steve Perry back and I can get on board with Journey being the headliner.
If you close your eyes, he sounds exactly like Steve Perry. Just ignore the fact that he's a 40-ish Philipino man.

Location hidden

#74444 Oct 12, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you close your eyes, he sounds exactly like Steve Perry. Just ignore the fact that he's a 40-ish Philipino man.
Heh. I saw one photo a while ago (not a close up) and thought, wow, he has steve's hair and kind of looks like him! I must not have been looking at the right guy.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74445 Oct 12, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Saw Manson 3 times back in 94. Small clubs. First time was before they had an album out. Friend told me they'd be big. Damn good shows, but I did not think America would take a liking to him. Thought he was nuts to think they'd ever get any real success. Guess I was wrong.
I saw him in '99--the day of the Columbine shooting, oddly enough. I'm not as in to him now as I was then, but it should be good for nostalgia. This is the first time he's been to town since they banned him from playing in Normal, IL ('twin' city to Bloomington). I think he played at ISU in '97 and there was all kinds of fundie protesting.

There will be protesters outside the venue tomorrow--they were there when Zombie played with Alice Cooper 2 years ago. It made me laugh, because AC is a born-again. Closest thing to a Christian concert I've been to since I was a kid...

Miami, FL

#74447 Oct 12, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooooooooo!
That's what I was saying when I read the text! So close! Hopefully she'll end it for real next time, and hopefully next time will be next week.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#74448 Oct 12, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a cheap brush/dustpan combo, take everything out including the pig, scoop it in to a garbage bag or a couple grocery store bags, put in new bedding. When the cage bottom starts getting wonky stains from the pee, get a spray bottle and mix white vinegar with equal parts water, spray the cage and wipe it down really good and let it dry. Seriously, when I had 5 guinea pigs and a HUGE cage, it took me like 10 minutes, once a week.
The cage my sister got has a little trap door that is supposed to help by allowing us to just sweep everything to the center. We'll see...

And I'd read about the 50/50 water/vinegar solution for cleaning. Glad to hear that it really works.

He's a crazy little thing, not quite full grown. He seems to spend a lot of time sitting in his food bowl. And even though we've youtubed guinea pigs sounds, we're still not sure if when Lulu holds him, if he's loving it or freaking out. We'll have to take another listen, I suppose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min JOEL 70,988
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min RC Hotstuff 1,153,042
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info