“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74286 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexy as she is, even *she* can't make uggs look good.
Trust me. Made up or not, I ain't lookin at the uggs.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#74287 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Not sure. I dvr'd mine.
I'm kind of torn with that show. I watch Intervention, because as recovering addict, it's kind of theraputic. It's a reminder of how bad things can get if you aren't vigilant and how good things are when you live right. I'm always rooting for the people at the end, no matter how horrible they are in the episode.
Hoarders? I kind of watch because I want to see how gross their house is.:-/ I want them to get help and fix their lives, but it's harder to understand. You SEE that piece of rotting whatever, just THROW IT OUT!
I watch Hoarders for the same reason you watch Intervention.

My great aunt was a hoarder (she managed to containe it to a few rooms of her house) and I can feel the same urge coursing through my veins sometimes. I have to be vigilant or the crap starts to pile up (mostly in the basement).

And I also like the feeling I get when I see that my house, while it may be messy, will never ever look as bad as what's on that show.

Evanston IL

#74288 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me. Made up or not, I ain't lookin at the uggs.
She was wearing baggy sweats. What's there to look at?

Ohh, you were undressing her with your eyes, weren't you?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74289 Oct 10, 2012
RACE wrote:
Curious.
Once she is out of prison is it your position that she be allowed to have her kids back?
<quoted text>
I hope she's in prison long enough that those kids are no longer kids when she gets out.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74290 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's the question. How far does the smell travel? Outside the house, it seems like everything was in sealed bottles. So the only thing that I think would have smelled was the Poo River, so it depends on how close the neighbors were to it and how far the wind blew it. I doubt the stench from the inside of the house made its way very far out.
I dunno, that was a *lot* of shyte. A *lot*. And lets not forget the gallons and gallons of stale pee. You know those sealed bottles all didn't stay sealed. They're old, they get stepped on, sploosh.

I'd just like to add that, yes, I am proud of this conversation. ;-)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74291 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now /mila-kunis-rocks-makeup-free- look-ashton-kutcher-185959453. html
This kind of story just baffles me.
Newsflash: Pretty girl looks pretty...EVEN WITHOUT MAKEUP! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!
If I could look like anyone, it would be her. Makeup or no makeup

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74292 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
She was wearing baggy sweats. What's there to look at?
Ohh, you were undressing her with your eyes, weren't you?
Hey. She's a pretty girl. Whether she's wearing a potato sack or a mini skirt, her face is always nice to look at. But yeah. What you said.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74293 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
I'd just like to add that, yes, I am proud of this conversation. ;-)
I shared the story of the episode with about 6 people here at work.:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74295 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say much?!? What more are you looking for? Glued a 2 year old's hands to the wall while she beat her and kicked her in the stomach in front of the other children and ended up in a coma. This woman needs a ticket straight to hell.
I meant, say much about her other kids. They mention that the 2yo had siblings, but that's it. I found another article on this this week that was more specific about how she's just popping kids out every year.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74296 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant, say much about her other kids. They mention that the 2yo had siblings, but that's it. I found another article on this this week that was more specific about how she's just popping kids out every year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/eliz...

5 kids.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74297 Oct 10, 2012
Co-workers are joining in now. Just got this link sent to me to compare to poop river lady.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/las-vega...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74298 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Five kids who should NEVER EVER have to see her again.
Personally, I feel these sort of cases should have forced sterilization as PART of the sentence. She should never be allowed to have another child to abuse, or ever be allowed alone with children again in her life.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74299 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Co-workers are joining in now. Just got this link sent to me to compare to poop river lady.
They *always* have cats, don't they.

Evanston IL

#74300 Oct 10, 2012
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-854041...

I'll admit it, I got a little teary.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74301 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DO C-854041?hpt=hp_t3
Ditto...that's sweet.

Location hidden

#74307 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
I thought of squishy when I read the first comment: "Any time I feel lazy and sluff off normal cleaning duties, I watch 5 minutes of hoarders, and I go all OCD at home...lol.."

:)(Knowing you have the tendency to collect is good!)

Also, squishy, thought of you this morning because the Random Vinyl song they played was LIving Color's "Cult of Personality." I sang along to every word!:)

Location hidden

#74308 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DO C-854041?hpt=hp_t3
You made me cry at work.

You will pay.

Evanston IL

#74309 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You made me cry at work.
You will pay.
I accept cookies.
:D

Location hidden

#74310 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept cookies.
:D
Nick won't allow me :) to make cookies until I have more of the house packed up, but I assure you, you're on the list!:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74311 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Except wasn't she emptying one of the buckets into the front yard?
Squishy's company deal with recycled poo. They have been selling it for years as fertilizers. There is a stink ( no pun, well only a little) because it is being used on farm fields adjacent to a subdivision in the suburbs and the smell is objectionable.

I expect Matilda and maybe Sub remembers what "bone meal" smells like when it is applied in central IL in the spring. It was the abiding fragrance for much of my college time in C-U.

But no one has mentioned , like cholera and other stuff, from un-recycled poo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min southern Illinois... 50,039
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Earthling-1 47,005
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 44 min RoxLo 1,115,129
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,586
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr RACE 639
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]